This buff on pve instances feel bad for ungeared ppl

Zombiex-DN

Coming from someone who started 6.2 with zero gear i cant say that i know what its like gearing up in this patch in comparison, but i can confidently say that i think this patch is better in regards to loot. IDD is always 1 ultimate, with the chance of there being more, and the same goes for PF. We could do 5 PF's last patch and/or 3 IDD's and not see a single ultimate piece. The instances were easier last patch, but the reward...? Relentless.

This patch yes, the difficulty has increased, but success = progress 100% of the time.
The whole thing about new players... They wont get to end game any time soon. IDD and PF are END GAME CONTENT. I'm not sure what its like for other MMO's but i feel like end game content shouldn't be something newbies can get to easily.

I personally think 12 people with enchanted legendary gear are capable of completing both IDD and same goes for PF, but if you are still failing just blame the cleric. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/3/2019 at 0:25 PM, Nishkin-KT said:

There is nothing "challenging" in this. If i want to compete against a cleric DPS then maybe.
At least if they already had this new patch who brought all the classes to the same level so then everyone should had experienced this "slightly" difference with DPS. They made everything harder, so at least it was a fair competition then I would call it "challenging".
this at the moment is completely unbalanced.
Whats even the point of playing a mage anymore (which btw suppose to be a main DPS character) when you can't even compete properly against anyone? how come a glad AT chanter stay almost the same while we suffer cause the magic defense is too high on a boss?? this is just a complete BS.

The biggest bs on developers is right now the biggest dps classes are two semi-tanks: Gladiators and ATs. I play a sorc and I am almost full ultimate gear (some drops, some crafted), I used to be top dps back in 6.2 while the 2nd best dps was like 2/3 of my dps (i./e I was at 16m dps while the second was at 11m or something).

Now an AT friend who is mostly legendary (god forbid when he is full ultimate) is top dpsing me by a small margin and he has like 1~2 ultimates only, while I am practically 90% ultimate. Same thing to gladiators. They outdps a glass class while glads are practically tanks and they are nowhere near the sorcs defense or HP! People thought that resolute nerf was going to make them bad but in reality they increased all their dmg on all their skills. Efectively you do not even need those 5s of godmode, in the long run you do more dps now than before.

The dilemma here is:

• Play a glass class that has the least HP and least survivability and is second/third in dps
  • Play a solid tank, that has a ton of HP and survivability and is top dps

I hear chanter complaining they are no longer god mode but their class wasn't nerfed, it got fixed because it was broken OP before.
Right now glad and ATs are the most broken classes. They need to keep the roles of classes at balance and with common sense. I am not going to reroll a new class in every patch.

I've been in a couple fail IDDs on my chanter because I'm not on my main to carry the dps(ranger that does 20-25K post patch in IDD). rubbish ass SMs and sorcs that can't break 8K dps and get out dps'd by my chanter with only 5 ulti pve pieces and an ulti pvp weapon. Had one especially bad case today where an SM with a +15 utli frostpark weapon did like 7.9K dps and got out dps'd by my chanter. We failed at like 2-3% when we ran out of time.

22 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The biggest bs on developers is right now the biggest dps classes are two semi-tanks: Gladiators and ATs. I play a sorc and I am almost full ultimate gear (some drops, some crafted), I used to be top dps back in 6.2 while the 2nd best dps was like 2/3 of my dps (i./e I was at 16m dps while the second was at 11m or something).

Now an AT friend who is mostly legendary (god forbid when he is full ultimate) is top dpsing me by a small margin and he has like 1~2 ultimates only, while I am practically 90% ultimate. Same thing to gladiators. They outdps a glass class while glads are practically tanks and they are nowhere near the sorcs defense or HP! People thought that resolute nerf was going to make them bad but in reality they increased all their dmg on all their skills. Efectively you do not even need those 5s of godmode, in the long run you do more dps now than before.

The dilemma here is:

• Play a glass class that has the least HP and least survivability and is second/third in dps
  • Play a solid tank, that has a ton of HP and survivability and is top dps

I hear chanter complaining they are no longer god mode but their class wasn't nerfed, it got fixed because it was broken OP before.
Right now glad and ATs are the most broken classes. They need to keep the roles of classes at balance and with common sense. I am not going to reroll a new class in every patch.

Glads are nowhere near top dps plenty of classes outdps them and I can't talk about AT because they barely exist

15 hours ago, Isolde-DN said:

But wanted to add that I have a sorc alt with full legendary and the only way i can contribute in an idd and pf is if i Luna. So yeah that sucks.

My sorc is not even full legendary (13 legendary/2ancient/1 ulti bandana) but can do a respectable 35k dps in Pf with this update. Sure, the dps isnt enough to carry a group, but if every dps can pull 30-35k dps in partial legendary gear then it shouldn't be a problem.

3 hours ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

I've been in a couple fail IDDs on my chanter because I'm not on my main to carry the dps(ranger that does 20-25K post patch in IDD). rubbish ass SMs and sorcs that can't break 8K dps and get out dps'd by my chanter with only 5 ulti pve pieces and an ulti pvp weapon. Had one especially bad case today where an SM with a +15 utli frostpark weapon did like 7.9K dps and got out dps'd by my chanter. We failed at like 2-3% when we ran out of time.

PVE has always been like this. There are always geared baddies and then there's players who are able to extract as much potential from their given gears. One solution is running a meter and blacklisting geared baddies and try running with players that is known or have potential. Unfortunately, since PF/IDD is buffed, tough choices has to be made especially when pugging.

But why? why I can't rely on a specific class to do their job Ele? Clerics heals, glads tanks, chanters supports.. why mages, which suppose to be -again- the main dps in this game since we SO squishy and all we rely on is our dps, then why we need this extreme nerf? we suppose to nuke everything, but a geared sorc can barely do 8kk? is this even serious? like how is it even possible? obviously you wanna rely on your heals and your tank, you also wanna rely on your dps. Mages shouldn't be nerfed like that to a point which is just seem like a joke.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:03 AM, Nishkin-KT said:

But why? why I can't rely on a specific class to do their job Ele? Clerics heals, glads tanks, chanters supports.. why mages, which suppose to be -again- the main dps in this game since we SO squishy and all we rely on is our dps, then why we need this extreme nerf? we suppose to nuke everything, but a geared sorc can barely do 8kk? is this even serious? like how is it even possible? obviously you wanna rely on your heals and your tank, you also wanna rely on your dps. Mages shouldn't be nerfed like that to a point which is just seem like a joke.

They still are if you know how to gear and play them right.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:03 AM, Nishkin-KT said:

Sorcs and SMs were ridiculous last patch (seriously, my SM with 2 red pieces was outdpsing my sin with 9 red pieces in PF). Sorcs are still high DPS, SMs are too. If you’re pulling 8k DPS (which is like 7m total damage in a Beritra fight), then you’re either not geared, or you need to work on your rotation. 

Like I said earlier, there are more than a few sorcs who can outdps me on Dn-Asmo with similar gear, and I’m doing about 17-22m total damage in IDD.

Sorcs and SMs were ridiculous last patch (seriously, my SM with 2 red pieces was outdpsing my sin with 9 red pieces in PF). Sorcs are still high DPS, SMs are too. If you’re pulling 8k DPS (which is like 7m total damage in a Beritra fight), then you’re either not geared, or you need to work on your rotation. 

Like I said earlier, there are more than a few sorcs who can outdps me on Dn-Asmo with similar gear, and I’m doing about 17-22m total damage in IDD.

There they are.... the vague obligatory get gudnoob posts. We even got the even more vague some sorc somewhere beat me, the king of DPS, as an example.

Only thing missing now is naming the sorc who is a true master and that no one could ever possibly catch up to in gear/ping/rotation as the shining example of how wrong everyone else is in the game.

1 hour ago, Byzantius-DN said:

There they are.... the vague obligatory get gudnoob posts. We even got the even more vague some sorc somewhere beat me, the king of DPS, as an example.

Only thing missing now is naming the sorc who is a true master and that no one could ever possibly catch up to in gear/ping/rotation as the shining example of how wrong everyone else is in the game.

Yuumachan is similar level of gear to me and outdpses me. Dax outdpses me and it’s not close. Webs is slightly below me in terms of gear level and is usually only 2-3m below me.  Zipzap still outdpses me by 6-7m, although I’m not sure if his gear.  

Never claimed to be a top DPS, I’m quite average compared to other end game geared sins.

You’re sitting here whining because you claim you’re end game geared sorc is doing 7m damage in IDD. Gensb, VitaminB’s alt sorc manages to do 7m damage in IDD and he’s in mostly purple with a few gold pieces still. I’m telling you that you’re either not end game geared, or you need to take an honest look at your rotation.

LOL obviously you can get better DPS if you "play it right" and got all your gear, but you gotta remember that when this patch came out mages suffers the most and you can tell easily by the DPS on the final boss. Everyone suffered obviously but the magic defense is ridiculous this patch and its critical cause they suppose to do DPS. Now maybe the DPS of SM been ridiculous in the last patch but you know what? they are mages, its suppose to be pure DPS and quite frankly that's the reason people pick that class from the beginning besides being able to fear or sleep, if there is one class that in my opinion that should be on the top of the DPS list is a mage cause honestly mages just squishy and suppose to nuke that's all. It's like the standard completely slipped and I don't even get the point of sorcs anymore tbh. Now I'm not trying to spam the same msg but I'm just trying to explain that the fact that semi-tanks like AT/glads do more dmg than mages is just retarded and I don't get it at all. Even with "good rotation" its sucks for mages. 

Its hard to tell whether high dps is due to player skill or class anymore. Supposedly this patch buffed physical dpsers, but i see some sorcs/sm outdps everyone, other times i see glads/sin outdps everyone. I still feel that many players don't dps anywhere near their gear potential though, and a lack of class awareness/available guides is to blame.

4 hours ago, Nishkin-KT said:

LOL obviously you can get better DPS if you "play it right" and got all your gear, but you gotta remember that when this patch came out mages suffers the most and you can tell easily by the DPS on the final boss. Everyone suffered obviously but the magic defense is ridiculous this patch and its critical cause they suppose to do DPS. Now maybe the DPS of SM been ridiculous in the last patch but you know what? they are mages, its suppose to be pure DPS and quite frankly that's the reason people pick that class from the beginning besides being able to fear or sleep, if there is one class that in my opinion that should be on the top of the DPS list is a mage cause honestly mages just squishy and suppose to nuke that's all. It's like the standard completely slipped and I don't even get the point of sorcs anymore tbh. Now I'm not trying to spam the same msg but I'm just trying to explain that the fact that semi-tanks like AT/glads do more dmg than mages is just retarded and I don't get it at all. Even with "good rotation" its sucks for mages. 

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Skill/1539

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Skill/3547

Skills that used to only work on certain elements now work for all skills a nerf? Reason why skill damage and cds were adjusted.

2 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Skill/1539

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Skill/3547

Skills that used to only work on certain elements now work for all skills a nerf? Reason why skill damage and cds were adjusted.

Although flame fusion is a fundamental skill of sorcs, id say 50% of sorcs dont bother using it at all. Same with not using flame cage, using big casting nukes only with cast reduction buffs up, not weaving, etc. Sorc is the most overplayed dps class which also attracts alot of noobs also.

1 hour ago, Hellish-DN said:

I can’t wait to hear people complain about painters, people will be pissed because it will be the #1 DPS class.

They will balance/nerf the class on next patches.
They made this classe "broken" on DPS to catch up its lack of end-game gear in an advanced patch/scenario 

But, yes. Painter will be the absolute #1 DPS for a while

7 hours ago, Nishkin-KT said:

Now maybe the DPS of SM been ridiculous in the last patch but you know what? they are mages, its suppose to be pure DPS and quite frankly that's the reason people pick that class from the beginning besides being able to fear or sleep, if there is one class that in my opinion that should be on the top of the DPS list is a mage cause honestly mages just squishy and suppose to nuke that's all.

The problem is, last patch SMs had Inescapable Choke with no cd. So all they did was spam it over and over and not use any other skills. Now it's on a 4 second cd. So now SMs are confused, forgetting that they do, in fact, have other skills they can be using. They've forgotten their previous rotations.

21 minutes ago, Voodoodoctor-DN said:

not weaving

So many sorcs don't weave Freezing Wind (or its Daevanion skill replacements) in between skills and that's a shame because it's such a good dps boost.

Archived