Please bring back the old AION PVE??

Healzebub-KT

1 hour ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

I think he meant all the quests and stuff we used to have in the old maps.

For a good portion of the life of Aion, those were PvP maps. Even after the introduction of the Fast Track Server (no PvP), all the end-game maps were PvP. With the exception of good chunks of Tiamarantra.. which was a crap patch. 

• 2 months later...

Of course, there were more quests and campaigns when there were more maps, and there were more curt scenes! There was beautiful Abyss with lots of pve quests too, now there's no Abyss and no flight! :( There were open world quests for any level without dependence on any campaigns. Now I can't find any regional (blue) quests in Enshar that would level my characters from 59 to 66. On 66 they'll get a sudden new bundle of campaigns and quests that, together with Luna, will immediately bring them to 75. It even happened already with some of them by only doing Luna for a few days (I was busy by many things in rl so couldn't go to kill Beritra in campaign exactly on lev66, and they got to 75... But I waited for much longer when they got from 58 to 66 also doing Luna every day, their growth was very slow, and the "Budle of support" box destined for lev 65 expired. Why such unequal speed of growth in different level intervals? The Aion power book (https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Quest/70404) writes "Do the Enshar Regional Quest and reach level 66."  - what are these quests?? I don't see any on the map! I can't complete "Sheltered Thoughts" campaign on lev 57-59, there is an ultimate mob with some terrible skill, I tried several times on such levels and never succeeded. I only did it successfully on one toon lev 80. But toons of lev 80 don't need any growth. Am I in total absence of quests from 59 to 66 just because I didn't complete this campaign?? Why must blue quests depend on completion of campaigns? They always were independent before! Please make them independent again! And why is the hardness of the campaigns so unequal? Killing Tiamat in Sheltered Thoughts is extremely difficult while all the rest campaigns are quite easy to do in average gear, in Archdaevic gear filled with Flight time on toons of any levels (including those that get less than 50% of gear's stats). I use such gear because I like to run, fly and sprint quickly and much. We need to ride/run between locations of quests. I hate any visible transformations and hate being slow and flightless. I also tried the new gear (gotten in quests) on a toon lev 58 to kill Tiamat but it didn't help either.

35 minutes ago, Motionless-KT said:

Of course, there were more quests and campaigns when there were more maps, and there were more curt scenes! There was beautiful Abyss with lots of pve quests too, now there's no Abyss and no flight! :( There were open world quests for any level without dependence on any campaigns. Now I can't find any regional (blue) quests in Enshar that would level my characters from 59 to 66. On 66 they'll get a sudden new bundle of campaigns and quests that, together with Luna, will immediately bring them to 75. It even happened already with some of them by only doing Luna for a few days (I was busy by many things in rl so couldn't go to kill Beritra in campaign exactly on lev66, and they got to 75... But I waited for much longer when they got from 58 to 66 also doing Luna every day, their growth was very slow, and the "Budle of support" box destined for lev 65 expired. Why such unequal speed of growth in different level intervals? The Aion power book (https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Quest/70404) writes "Do the Enshar Regional Quest and reach level 66."  - what are these quests?? I don't see any on the map! I can't complete "Sheltered Thoughts" campaign on lev 57-59, there is an ultimate mob with some terrible skill, I tried several times on such levels and never succeeded. I only did it successfully on one toon lev 80. But toons of lev 80 don't need any growth. Am I in total absence of quests from 59 to 66 just because I didn't complete this campaign?? Why must blue quests depend on completion of campaigns? They always were independent before! Please make them independent again! And why is the hardness of the campaigns so unequal? Killing Tiamat in Sheltered Thoughts is extremely difficult while all the rest campaigns are quite easy to do in average gear, in Archdaevic gear filled with Flight time on toons of any levels (including those that get less than 50% of gear's stats). I use such gear because I like to run, fly and sprint quickly and much. We need to ride/run between locations of quests. I hate any visible transformations and hate being slow and flightless. I also tried the new gear (gotten in quests) on a toon lev 58 to kill Tiamat but it didn't help either.

If you are not familiar with the quests and the new model, it's good to simply doing all quests in order of location, from place to place, and avoid luna or anything that makes it faster. It's pretty linear, fast, and you won't miss anything like stigma quests or gear.

4 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

If you are not familiar with the quests and the new model, it's good to simply doing all quests in order of location, from place to place, and avoid luna or anything that makes it faster. It's pretty linear, fast, and you won't miss anything like stigma quests or gear.

I understand what you speak about, I grew 5 toons already through Gelkmaros, 3 of them through Enshar as well, got valuable things (bracelets, plumes), got stigma too, even though I use other stigma sets, but my question is how to find any regional quests from lev 59 to lev 66??? 

2 minutes ago, Motionless-KT said:

I understand what you speak about, I grew 5 toons already through Gelkmaros, 3 of them through Enshar as well, got valuable things (bracelets, plumes), got stigma too, even though I use other stigma sets, but my question is how to find any regional quests from lev 59 to lev 66??? 

there are plenty of them on the map, some of them pop as you walk in on a certain territory, also, tiamat stronghold has plenty of quests around that level.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:05 PM, Motionless-KT said:

Killing Tiamat in Sheltered Thoughts is extremely difficult

If it is difficult, then you aren't doing it correctly. A lot of people are missing a very important step in killing Tiamat which makes it almost impossible at lower levels.

When Tiamat's dragon form spawns, she'll have a reflect shield on her. If you attack her, she'll reflect a ton of damage onto you. What you need to do is ignore her when she first spawns. Let Marchutan's npc deal with her a bit. You will be waiting for another mob to spawn. He will spawn on one side of the room in front of a portal about 1-2 minutes after Tiamat spawns. You will kill this mob and then enter the portal he is guarding. Inside the portal will be another dragon. Kill this dragon (very easy). When you exit the portal now, Tiamat's reflect shield will be gone. You will be able to kill her.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

If it is difficult, then you aren't doing it correctly. A lot of people are missing a very important step in killing Tiamat which makes it almost impossible at lower levels.

When Tiamat's dragon form spawns, she'll have a reflect shield on her. If you attack her, she'll reflect a ton of damage onto you. What you need to do is ignore her when she first spawns. Let Marchutan's npc deal with her a bit. You will be waiting for another mob to spawn. He will spawn on one side of the room in front of a portal about 1-2 minutes after Tiamat spawns. You will kill this mob and then enter the portal he is guarding. Inside the portal will be another dragon. Kill this dragon (very easy). When you exit the portal now, Tiamat's reflect shield will be gone. You will be able to kill her.

There is actually a notice that flashes across your screen telling you to kill the acolyte in front of the portal and then enter the portal to kill the incarnation dragon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 7:00 PM, Aly-DN said:

There is actually a notice that flashes across your screen telling you to kill the acolyte in front of the portal and then enter the portal to kill the incarnation dragon.

Thanks! Although, I don't quite understand what is "one side of the room in front of a portal" and anther mobs guards a portal? Is there any video? I made the campaign on my youngest toons leve 60 using some new gear (except shoes and gloves), transformations, and using GUI all the time (which I usually keep off if I record video). 2 toons remained, lev 80,  who still have this campaign on the list, I can try when I have time. 

@Motionless-KT I don't have a toon at a low level to do the instance and take a screencap. However, if you are standing and facing the front of the room (where Tiamat is), the extra mob and portal will appear on your left side usually. I think there was one time it appeared on a different side, but I usually see it on the left side.

19 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

@Motionless-KT I don't have a toon at a low level to do the instance and take a screencap. However, if you are standing and facing the front of the room (where Tiamat is), the extra mob and portal will appear on your left side usually. I think there was one time it appeared on a different side, but I usually see it on the left side.

I haven't seen it anywhere but on the left hand side (when you are facing Tiamat), though I have only leveled a half dozen or so characters since the change. I might have just been lucky. I can go in and grab a screenshot, @Motionless-KT.

@Motionless-KT

Here we go.

First screenshot shows you the warning. Which isn't about the acolyte, but does warn you that she is reflecting.

ZruUc4B.jpg

Then a quest pops up. It directs you to kill the acolyte. He appears to your left as shown.

AQkhAXM.jpg

Here he is close up. Kill him and enter the portal. Inside is a dragon. Kill that and leave through the same portal.

HeuVann.jpg

When you get out, you will notice that Tiamat's reflecting buffs are gone. Kill her. Win.

dAwP2iH.jpg

I searched for pink windows in the beginning, didn't find, started to fight the Dragon Lord 1, then 2, didn't notice when they appeared but my Fraps recorded them. They were there for quite a short time. :( The quest about Balaur Spiritualist was already in my list so it couldn't pop up.  Will they allow me to enter this instance again or not anymore cause I completed the campaign? I got one more toon waiting for doing this campaign, will try to be more attentive to pink windows.

10 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I'm pretty sure you can do the instance as much as you want.

Do the campaign instance again through the same entrance?  Thanks, I'll try. But  I guess I won't have another cut scene if I had one? I regret, on one of my toons, being at lev 60 when I tried to kill Tiamat it was extremely hard, and he had only normal transformations, to use transparent scrolls, they were weak, and I used a strong transformation potion (Shugo), and the cut scene after killing Tiamat showed him as Shugo, not as himself, I lost the cut scene :(:(:( It was my 1st time succeeding to kill Tiamat at level 60. I was very curious about a range of blue quests that would open to me after completing the campaign killing Tiamat, quests between lev. 60 and 66. They didn't open without this campaign. The girlfriend of that toon, also lev. 60, luckily had an ancient transformation, we gave her transparent scrolls, prepared skins on the new gear (except brogans, handguards, staff, because speed is critical in this campaign) and completed the campaign too! Without knowing about the pink windows and spiritualists.   

12 hours ago, Motionless-KT said:

Do the campaign instance again through the same entrance?

Ohh sorry, I misunderstood you. The campaign quests are a one-time thing. You can do the instance again, but you can't repeat the yellow quests if you've actually completed them. If you failed to complete them, you can keep trying on them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 4:40 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

Ohh sorry, I misunderstood you. The campaign quests are a one-time thing. You can do the instance again, but you can't repeat the yellow quests if you've actually completed them. If you failed to complete them, you can keep trying on them.

I re-run the instance on 1 toon and got the cut scene (killing Tiamat) again! :))))

• 4 weeks later...

I think something strangely changed in the game since those times (July). I equipped my toon rather good and have an ancient transformation. She is on lev 61 now. Still, can't succeed in killing Tiamat, tried several times yesterday and today! I killed the Balaur Spiritualist and the dragon inside, then got to Tiamat, carefully, not standing for too long at her. Things went good, her health decreased and was about to end, but then suddenly reset  to 100%, why???  Why does it happen? Then at 100% she becomes strong again. In the beginning not very strong, but then when some of her health is lost, her sudden attack become fatal, even when I'm at a distance from her.... After death and resurrection I also continued, but then it's not easier and the more I die the more dangerous she becomes, and time runs out...  It was never so hard when I did it on my other chanter in June!  However, I succeeded to do it on my Sorc lev 58 (yesterday), equipped weaker than the chanter now after getting the bracelet in Gelkmaros and level to 61. Although, this sorc used to die once from Tiamat  after killing the spiritualist and the dragon in another room... 

Also, a very strange thing happened in the game: I made 2 couple of brogans for my chanter, both Archdaeva Restructured Danuar brogans but the 1st  one has 6 Flight time manastones, 2nd one has 4 Precision+6 and 2 HP+7. I look at the stats on the right side of my profile, and when I change one couple of brogans to another NOTHING CHANGES in the stats! No physical crit, no accuracy, no max Health changes!! What does it mean? Errors in the game or the archdaevic manastones stopped working completely??  They worked a month ago and earlier on this patch , I mean, their stats showed in the profile...  Old pre-archdaevic manastones still show in the profile stats...  What does it mean?

Also, in Tiamat instance, it seemed to me a moth ago or so, Tiamat's health didn't reset even when my character died, after killing Spiritualist and his dragon. Now it resets, even not only when my character dies but for an unknown reason!! I want to grow this chanter to 76 quickly while the Ice Hot event lasts, and I desperately need to pass Tiamat instance for it!! Please advise me something!!

23 minutes ago, VivaMori-KT said:

I think something strangely changed in the game since those times (July). I equipped my toon rather good and have an ancient transformation. She is on lev 61 now. Still, can't succeed in killing Tiamat, tried several times yesterday and today! I killed the Balaur Spiritualist and the dragon inside, then got to Tiamat, carefully, not standing for too long at her. Things went good, her health decreased and was about to end, but then suddenly reset  to 100%, why???  Why does it happen? Then at 100% she becomes strong again. In the beginning not very strong, but then when some of her health is lost, her sudden attack become fatal, even when I'm at a distance from her.... After death and resurrection I also continued, but then it's not easier and the more I die the more dangerous she becomes, and time runs out...  It was never so hard when I did it on my other chanter in June!  However, I succeeded to do it on my Sorc lev 58 (yesterday), equipped weaker than the chanter now after getting the bracelet in Gelkmaros and level to 61. Although, this sorc used to die once from Tiamat  after killing the spiritualist and the dragon in another room... 

Also, a very strange thing happened in the game: I made 2 couple of brogans for my chanter, both Archdaeva Restructured Danuar brogans but the 1st  one has 6 Flight time manastones, 2nd one has 4 Precision+6 and 2 HP+7. I look at the stats on the right side of my profile, and when I change one couple of brogans to another NOTHING CHANGES in the stats! No physical crit, no accuracy, no max Health changes!! What does it mean? Errors in the game or the archdaevic manastones stopped working completely??  They worked a month ago and earlier on this patch , I mean, their stats showed in the profile...  Old pre-archdaevic manastones still show in the profile stats...  What does it mean?

Also, in Tiamat instance, it seemed to me a moth ago or so, Tiamat's health didn't reset even when my character died, after killing Spiritualist and his dragon. Now it resets, even not only when my character dies but for an unknown reason!! I want to grow this chanter to 76 quickly while the Ice Hot event lasts, and I desperately need to pass Tiamat instance for it!! Please advise me something!!

Regarding Tiamat, the dragon reset. Not sure why. Did you run too far from her? It might just be a glitch. Happens. It has nothing to do with the month.

Precision no longer means anything. Old gear is worthless except for skins. So it honestly doesn't matter if the stats change since there is no way you should ever be using it.

Lastly (again regarding Tiamat), if you die in a solo instance (or the party wipes in a group instances), the boss will 100% reset. It's been that way since the game launched in 2009.

35 minutes ago, VivaMori-KT said:

I think something strangely changed in the game since those times (July). I equipped my toon rather good and have an ancient transformation. She is on lev 61 now. Still, can't succeed in killing Tiamat, tried several times yesterday and today!

I did Tiamat on a new toon a few weeks ago and had no issues killing her with the new quest gears. You said you equipped your toon "rather good," but what exactly does that mean? What gears is your toon wearing? The new gears you get from yellow/blue quests or some old gears from 5.1 or something?

Archived