Are Templars decent now in 6.5?

Aruki-DN

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't played Templar in a long time, probably since pre-6.0 unless on a P.server and I stopped there just before the overhaul happened. I've only really played Glad this major patch.

I made and have been leveling a new Templar, for the first time in a long time, and am wondering what I can expect.

I noticed Rage is gone (does this mean our bleed is gone? Is there still a reliable way to bury dazing or ij-slow?)

I noticed BP works off stun now and PB is triggered by PB... That's nice. I'm not sure how I feel about it being off stun.

I noticed we have mocking now? That's sort of cool/nice. 

I haven't really seen a lot to -dislike- yet, as I have always played shield-orientated/utility. My burst was good but the rest of my follow-up was always lacking. This seems like changes I might enjoy myself..

I need to check patchnotes still, but I sort of like leveling blind.

Templar has a good dps in leveling comparing with gladiator, but very very low dps comparing with normal dps classes like bard.

Break power is very good but it does now very low dmg comparing with before.

Rage is gone and bleed too but you can put the break power debuff more often cuz it works in stun too. Against another plates i try to use dazzing as the 3º debuff with break power and slow of pulls before.

Mocking is perfect, finally a ranged skill to remove evasion/block/parry buffs and 1 extra ranged hit to destroy stone skin/protective ode when divine fury is on. Completely useless in another cases.

The biggest nerf is the pvp reduction dmg of bloodstorm: our old times best chain dps burst is now the biggest rubbish chain just to be used when all is in cd (the push effect of bloodwind rive is very useful, but i am talking about dmg here)

Now with 6.7 all the skills have more tooltip dmg, so the basic hits are weaker comparing with the skills. Not good at all.

Templar is the worst class but that is good. That is like you are in Lunatic Mode pvp, however sometimes that lunatic becomes impossible (vs chanter/cleric with same or more gear and experience; just accept the reality: try it and if you couldn't, just run)

If you love the challenges, templar is your class.

If you love winning, the best options can be aethertech, spiritmaster, chanter or cleric.

19 hours ago, Youmu-EK said:

The biggest nerf is the pvp reduction dmg of bloodstorm: our old times best chain dps burst is now the biggest rubbish chain just to be used when all is in cd (the push effect of bloodwind rive is very useful, but i am talking about dmg here)

If you love winning, the best options can be aethertech, spiritmaster, chanter or cleric.

Man the nerf to Bloodwind in PVP is ridiculous. It makes the class so useless when the subject is damage.

Also, I'd love if they made Templars use Sword and Shield only, like they did with Cleric on this patch. One less weapon to worry about. Adjust skills damage and remove GS of the equation. They are trying to make Templars tank only, so be done with it already.

Level 54 now, should be 75 - 80 tonight, so that being said I have no-where near the full scope of changes since I played Templar prior to the major revamp. I am literally refusing to check out patch notes so I get a better grasp as I go while leveling... Just for fun. So I will skip questions I know I'll inevitably find out myself when I hit cap today.

That being said, still seems fun like I remember it. Here's hoping my burst rotation isn't totally different, doesn't seem to be. Not used to slow attack speed so the animations on some skills feel sort of choppy sometimes but that must be me and not mechanics.

About the GS Konkers, if you wanna chase someone around with 1H range I guess. Is there an end-game extendie 1H that's viable for us in PvP? Greatsword extendie?
If not then I see your point.

On 19/06/2019 at 4:05 PM, 2s313C78-DN said:

Level 54 now, should be 75 - 80 tonight, so that being said I have no-where near the full scope of changes since I played Templar prior to the major revamp. I am literally refusing to check out patch notes so I get a better grasp as I go while leveling... Just for fun. So I will skip questions I know I'll inevitably find out myself when I hit cap today.

That being said, still seems fun like I remember it. Here's hoping my burst rotation isn't totally different, doesn't seem to be. Not used to slow attack speed so the animations on some skills feel sort of choppy sometimes but that must be me and not mechanics.

About the GS Konkers, if you wanna chase someone around with 1H range I guess. Is there an end-game extendie 1H that's viable for us in PvP? Greatsword extendie?
If not then I see your point.

There are Anomos weapons that are extendable. We could use a Anomos PVE extendable sword + PVP shield, just like we used to do with Menotios' mace back in the day.

Archived