Weekly Server Maintenance - April 3, 2019

Cyan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

Dynamic IP is something on your internet providers end. Nothing to do with NCsoft.

Dynamic IP is nothing to do with NC, thats i know.  

But no mail from NC when i need verification 9_9 Thats problem already has people.

17 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I think I speak for 90% of the playerbase when I say we'd much rather have you take the servers down for another 2-3 hour emergency maintenance today than wait another week to be able to craft daevanion skills.

Please, emergency maintenance.

i agree 100% and fix the enchantment rate god it is broke 9 legendary pvp stones in a row this week 13 last week and my pants are still +10

1 minute ago, Cyborg-DN said:

i agree 100% and fix the enchantment rate god it is broke 9 legendary pvp stones in a row this week 13 last week and my pants are still +10

lol i think it is all just a bad april fools joke 

On 4/3/2019 at 3:26 AM, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, April 3, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 11:00 CET to 12:30 a.m. CDT / 19:30 CEST. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes.

Changes

• Rainbow Snake Festival will begin. You can find full details here.

Besides the event being rubbish like every other event why can't we for once get a proper reward list? And why on earth are we getting Level 75 Amulets and below? 4c423e0a9c.png

You know @Cyan I'd personally rather you all take the servers down for a full day and give a functioning game to play than cut it short and have this must frustration. I dont know if you you all realize it or not but we are frustrated not at the fact there is problems so much but more so that the problems get generic replies and their is very little to no communication of what and when to expect in terms of a fix, compensation, etc. I loved this game for years and it honestly hurts to see it fall to disrepair like this. Maybe the game is not completely salvageable but at least lets go out in a explosion and dont poof out. I spent 12 years in the army and I'm pretty sure I had to persevere in worst working conditions. Don't let the trolls ruin your focus and committment to those of us that have support this game for over 9 years. 

@Cyan, can we at least get a survey with 6 Daevanion Mark of Knowledge until you guys fix the issue with the npc not resetting? Surveys are something within your control that doesn't need intervention from the devs.

It's bad enough that we have to get through multiple layers of RNG to get our skills (getting a shugo to spawn and not being empty, then actually winning the roll, then praying it's not a duplicate skill) only to have one of the few guaranteed ways to get a skillbook taken away from us. This issue with weekly sale npcs not resetting it's something that has been going on since 5.x days, it always happens whenever maintenance extends beyond  the weekly reset time, and you guys are still trying to figure out a fix. Show some good will and give us the items via a survey.

34 minutes ago, Hinotori-DN said:

@Cyan, can we at least get a survey with 6 Daevanion Mark of Knowledge until you guys fix the issue with the npc not resetting? Surveys are something within your control that doesn't need intervention from the devs.

It's bad enough that we have to get through multiple layers of RNG to get our skills (getting a shugo to spawn and not being empty, then actually winning the roll, then praying it's not a duplicate skill) only to have one of the few guaranteed ways to get a skillbook taken away from us. This issue with weekly sale npcs not resetting it's something that has been going on since 5.x days, it always happens whenever maintenance extends beyond  the weekly reset time, and you guys are still trying to figure out a fix. Show some good will and give us the items via a survey.

This is the minimum , since most people have alts on the same account and need/want to craft Daevanions on all chars 

15 minutes ago, Lapis-DN said:

This is the minimum , since most people have alts on the same account and need/want to craft Daevanions on all chars 

Eh, the amount of people who have all their alts active on their main's account is a minority.  But then again, if that alt isn't active, one set of 6x stones isn't going to break the game on an alt that doesn't have crafting done and cannot use the stones in anyway.  Still, I *would* be happy if a survey went out with 6 stones went out for 1 character on 1 account. @Cyan This is a really fair solution for this week since we have to wait until next week for it to reset.  We know in this patch that AP rains from the sky, so I don't see the problem with the AP cost of the items, and besides, if it's one per account, again, that would maybe make up for some of the fact people can't make on the rest of their active toons on their account?  

melania-jacket-dont-care-do-you.jpg?qual

This best sums up the people running the game we're playing. We bring up issues and get met with silence.  Anybody know Korean? Maybe we can put a petition together letting NC know there are people passionate about playing in NA but are being let down by severe mismanagement, who knows maybe they'll light a fire under these guys and we'll get some results.  I hate that I even have to come on here and complain, but that's how frustrated I am with this team.

2 hours ago, Shavera-DN said:

Eh, the amount of people who have all their alts active on their main's account is a minority.  But then again, if that alt isn't active, one set of 6x stones isn't going to break the game on an alt that doesn't have crafting done and cannot use the stones in anyway.  Still, I *would* be happy if a survey went out with 6 stones went out for 1 character on 1 account. @Cyan This is a really fair solution for this week since we have to wait until next week for it to reset.  We know in this patch that AP rains from the sky, so I don't see the problem with the AP cost of the items, and besides, if it's one per account, again, that would maybe make up for some of the fact people can't make on the rest of their active toons on their account?  

hm, not sure. All my legion mates have multiple characters on the same account. 
Also you don't need to train your aetherforge to any level to craft a Daevanion Skill Box, this makes no sense

but giving 6 stones to 1 account is better than nothing

3 minutes ago, Lapis-DN said:

Also you don't need to train your aetherforge to any level to craft a Daevanion Skill Box, this makes no sense

Agreed, I actively play 3 toons every week, and I crafted books on 4 characters last week.

I crafted the skill box on 4 toons last week because I play them. I honestly don't know why it is taking so long to hear back on this problem. I don't know why its so hard to come to the forums and say "Hey we messed up and here's what we are going to do" or here's our apology for the inconvenience. It's so hard to get skills as it is which is another nonsense in itself. Also the people complaining about enchanting are you referring to ancient gear or legendary? Because if you google Aion 6.5 enchantment rates you should get the Aion powerbook link which shows the difference between 6.2 and 6.5 enchantments rates and the change is only 3% from +10 and over so if you are failing it's "working as intending". Also there's an older forum post about ultimate stones on the forums complaining the rate for those stones don't seem that great and that was after we got the 6.5 change. So far the ancient gear rates are back to 6.5. Watched a streamer who had no problem enchanting ancient gear and I didnt as well. I did have fails and so did he but it wasn't 6.2 standards.

21 hours ago, Cyan said:

We're looking into the weekly reset issue, but we've verified that enchantment is as it should be on the server. It's using the proper 6.7 rates. Also, gaining GP from guards is intended and was in the patch notes as some have pointed out.

Edit: I've also gone ahead and removed some of the back-and-forth bickering going on in this thread.

Are you guys 100% positive on those rates? Enchanting from 10-11 has been a nightmare for a lot of people. Add to the fact that once you get to 12, it fails (which it will), you’re right back into that black hole of trying to get from 10-11 and you find yourself burning through a lot of stones. Really fast. I started out last night with 300 ancient stones to use and morph and 10 legendary pvp stones to use on +10 gold pants, +6 gloves, and +10 shoulder plates. By the end of the night, I ended up with +10 legendary pants, +10 ancient gloves and +13 ancient shoulder plates. The easiest part of enchanting was 4-10 on the legendary pants (only failed once). Anything 10-15 just burned stones at an alarming rate

1 hour ago, Lapis-DN said:

Eh, it makes sense if you're dyslexic af like I am and thought it was a skill level 80 versus a level 80 aetherforge.  My bad there.  But then that makes it a reason for NC not to survey every toon out versus one per account.  Theoretically, that's a whole lot of free AP being given out, even though, the item should have been available for purchase.  If only they could hand out rainchecks.  xD

I think it's an impossibility to be asking for all toons, NCwest has never ever done that with surveys, sadly.  If it happens, it will be one per account.  =/  

3 hours ago, AoERiP-EK said:

@Cyan any chance to get a Survey with 6 Daevanion Mark of Knowledge so we can craft our daeva skill? Or get a Selective daev skill box? 

I got a reply from support today talking about compensation for the marks through the mail. They said it will take a few days so we'll see if it happens.

Archived