Forums

Glory Points Reset & Seasons

Cyan

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

I have a stupid question but I keep reading about how people "buy" their ranks. Can someone explain this situation. I just came back from a LONG Aion break. >.<

Certain pvp instances now give GP, and they can be reset with the luna currency, which can't be gifted or sold on the broker, so people with money can now drop the big moneys on the game and feed themselves top rank every month while normal players, or even hardcores with no RL money, can't compete.

There are no reset scrolls, so you can't buy/sell those for the hardcore/casual players with kinah.

That's pretty much the way I see it, lol.

And now there's a bug where you can't get AP from any source if you're officer rank (I think?), which means you can't get GP from sieges or AP to upgrade anything, so RIP again.

On 4/28/2019 at 1:55 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

...of course you didn't know, you do not play in our server and you were so happy just to "point out" that you wanted to blast me with a p2w accusation, let me tell you I play from Greece, aka poor, and I cannot afford to pay 1~2 $ for potential of 10 or 25 GP for IB resets! I wont' do it

You need to relax and not take this game seriously cause it looks like you do and if I was wrong then woops? No one is perfect but question is though aren't you the same Sorc who hacked in Cruci spire to get 2:58 during Season and then told people 'it's a glitch?'

25 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Certain pvp instances now give GP, and they can be reset with the luna currency, which can't be gifted or sold on the broker, so people with money can now drop the big moneys on the game and feed themselves top rank every month while normal players, or even hardcores with no RL money, can't compete.

There are no reset scrolls, so you can't buy/sell those for the hardcore/casual players with kinah.

That's pretty much the way I see it, lol.

And now there's a bug where you can't get AP from any source if you're officer rank (I think?), which means you can't get GP from sieges or AP to upgrade anything, so RIP again.

Thankies so much for explaining this to me! I was aware of the current bug related to the rank, but buying resets with luna sounds ridiculous to me. Luna has always been a cash cow! Another good example is that Luna buff you can get and the item res... *smh* 

18 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

I understand what you mean, but I do not think it is exactly the same. Before we could buy the reset scrolls and use them or sell them in the broker, making all those who could not buy the scrolls with real money, buy them with kinah, and thus making the reset to EB accessible to everybody as long as we could afford them with kinha.

but now it is not like that, there are no scrolls that we can buy in the broker and that resets IB and ID, only those that have prestige pack and/or buy luna are those who can go more than once, giving them a much more uneven advantage that before to those who can not buy them.

Well, you can buy ncode with kinah, but I know it's more complicated. Also you could buy a instance boost pack, which could pretty much double your entries, now you have to buy prestige. They ssaid they would make a tradeable version of prestige, but no word about that so far. It's like they don't even want to make money.

So after going over these forum posts here and reading probably same things again and again, what I am probably going to say is most likely beating a dead horse here.

Point 1: agreed GP reset has been long time needed the gp gap was way too huge for new players or anyone who wanted to work for rank. And we got decent amount of gold ingot too but this... all these ingots and you choose to not update the store

imZW2Oe.png

Point 2: reading a few posts we can all see the whole debate about buying rank. given how hard it is to make kinah without huge amount of time and effort buying Ncoin codes for luna can be really hard for a lot of players and the fact that these instance can only be luna reset is absolutely stupid... not to mention the increase in luna after multiple runs.

On 4/28/2019 at 5:33 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Using the term buying is not an adequate description. Buying could be pretty much how it was in the EB online era, but with ranks resets, it's just renting, you gonna have to pay every month. 

On 4/29/2019 at 7:15 PM, Vessttemona-KT said:

I understand what you mean, but I do not think it is exactly the same. Before we could buy the reset scrolls and use them or sell them in the broker, making all those who could not buy the scrolls with real money, buy them with kinah, and thus making the reset to EB accessible to everybody as long as we could afford them with kinha.

but now it is not like that, there are no scrolls that we can buy in the broker and that resets IB and ID, only those that have prestige pack and/or buy luna are those who can go more than once, giving them a much more uneven advantage that before to those who can not buy them.

5 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Well, you can buy ncode with kinah, but I know it's more complicated. Also you could buy a instance boost pack, which could pretty much double your entries, now you have to buy prestige. They ssaid they would make a tradeable version of prestige, but no word about that so far. It's like they don't even want to make money.

Point 3:  not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but not only are people basically buying rank every month there also buying basically ultimate pvp enchantment stones and kinah. whats the difference between buying resets back to back going for rank 1-10 and just plain putting Ultimate pvp enchantment stones on BCM... it really isn't hard to win IB or IDL. I am far more concerned that people can just buy there way up in the glory point competition than rank because for years people have always been buying rank. 

Xps6gsK.png

Point 4: I think they should just reset GP yearly instead of monthly or maybe after each major update because having P2W ranks at a rate where luna isn't easily accessibly isn't good either for the server sieges etc. just stick with what was in the original patch notes "Only glory points obtained during the season will count." And REMOVE GP from those 2 instances or make them daily quests or something.

B5O6lRm.png

Point 3:  not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but not only are people basically buying rank every month there also buying basically ultimate pvp enchantment stones and kinah. whats the difference between buying resets back to back going for rank 1-10 and just plain putting Ultimate pvp enchantment stones on BCM... it really isn't hard to win IB or IDL. I am far more concerned that people can just buy there way up in the glory point competition than rank because for years people have always been buying rank. 

Maybe, they have been buying rank for years but this time is different because theres a competition rank. I mean, if you could buy arena entries, the competition rank in arena WOULD MAKE NO SENSE at all because the ones winning would always be the ones who buy more entries.

That's why GP from those instances being unlimited like that it not only bad, it's plain and simple unacceptable, unless they remove this competition thing. Even if we could buy reset scrolls like back in the day, the competition ranking would still make no sense. So it's simple, either they remove completely the GP from those instances, or they remove the competition seasons. Both cannot work together. 

• Cyan unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zombiex-DN said:

u need to readjust this compensation because with the new GP system, this is just ridiculous, really for 3k gp u will get only 7 gold bars????? (only a governor or top 10 can reach 3k gp lol)

You want to get 100+ gold bars every month ?

On 11/04/2019 at 2:31 AM, BlackLusterS-KT said:

Yeah exactly, they are killing the game by doing that, and the compensation it's a gold ingot, all the effort of a player that plays for more than 7 years will be valued as a "GOLD INGOTS? I'm SURE NC didn't check the rank, someone put an image of the top 10 players on both servers Ely and Asmos. KT and DN they reach TWO MILLION of GP, this is not a good idea NC, well if u guys wanna keep the game well, better don't touch, the effort of the old players...or AT least give Ultimates transformation to the TOP 10

There are still some people who think, but they are really few.

What else can I say? I'll just smile. Every new update a negative surprise that only serves to kill the game. It is one error followed by another, continuously.

Of course people who put their money into the game will not do that. All the compensation that existed for the veteran ceased to exist. Paying to keep your status in the game is one thing I can understand, but paying every month to get into an unfair contest with people who are always cheating is something unsustainable.

I do not have words. No more. The AION as we (veterans) we know does not exist anymore. We want to resist, but NCS will not let us. Systematically they will destroy your hope. Investing money in AION is now just a waste of time. It's just RESET to you.

Think with me. What is the reason for you to participate of  SIEGE? Everything you will gain will be temporary. So you will not waste time on this because instead of being on SIEGE ... It is preferable to do something else to amuse or take items that are important to you in the game.

26 minutes ago, Gwin-DN said:

There are still some people who think, but they are really few.

What else can I say? I'll just smile. Every new update a negative surprise that only serves to kill the game. It is one error followed by another, continuously.

Of course people who put their money into the game will not do that. All the compensation that existed for the veteran ceased to exist. Paying to keep your status in the game is one thing I can understand, but paying every month to get into an unfair contest with people who are always cheating is something unsustainable.

I do not have words. No more. The AION as we (veterans) we know does not exist anymore. We want to resist, but NCS will not let us. Systematically they will destroy your hope. Investing money in AION is now just a waste of time. It's just RESET to you.

Think with me. What is the reason for you to participate of  SIEGE? Everything you will gain will be temporary. So you will not waste time on this because instead of being on SIEGE ... It is preferable to do something else to amuse or take items that are important to you in the game.

Don't be so dramatic. The ranking was one of the reasons why new people wouldn't bother to check the game. Now there are other reasons, and they need to work on those. I do agree that the compansation was really really bad because there is nothing usefull in the Gold Shop yet. Hopefully they will add something really nice in there for the veterans. I wouldn't mind at all.

As for sieges, if you want to progress (or progress faster) you kind of HAVE to go to sieges. Legendary PVP stones are always a nice reward.

15 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Don't be so dramatic. The ranking was one of the reasons why new people wouldn't bother to check the game. Now there are other reasons, and they need to work on those. I do agree that the compansation was really really bad because there is nothing usefull in the Gold Shop yet. Hopefully they will add something really nice in there for the veterans. I wouldn't mind at all.

As for sieges, if you want to progress (or progress faster) you kind of HAVE to go to sieges. Legendary PVP stones are always a nice reward.

Reduction of servers.
Change in cooperative mode.
Reduction of instances of the game.
Change in the theme of the game.
Destroyed history.
Excess of useless things with minios, skills and pets.
Excessive Bugs in the game.
Flight uselessness.
End of the abyss.
Transformations that nobody asked for.
Destruction of cosmetic items.
Enchantment and manastones that do not work.
End of the mounts with moon.
Nerf of classes.
BUG of AP and GP
Reset of ranking
Ban on players with Proxy to play.

And I'm being dramatic? Have a look at the AION numbers. See the number of players. Check the revenue. Coming down or up?

How about reading what Gideon said about AION.

Are you ready for the merger of KT and DN soon? Did you do the math? There were 10 servers and today there are only 2.

And I'm being dramatic. It is seriously? When will I stop being dramatic? When does NCS announce that it is shutting down AION just like it did with MXM?

1 hour ago, Gwin-DN said:

Reduction of servers.
Change in cooperative mode.
Reduction of instances of the game.
Change in the theme of the game.
Destroyed history.
Excess of useless things with minios, skills and pets.
Excessive Bugs in the game.
Flight uselessness.
End of the abyss.
Transformations that nobody asked for.
Destruction of cosmetic items.
Enchantment and manastones that do not work.
End of the mounts with moon.
Nerf of classes.
BUG of AP and GP
Reset of ranking
Ban on players with Proxy to play.

And I'm being dramatic? Have a look at the AION numbers. See the number of players. Check the revenue. Coming down or up?

How about reading what Gideon said about AION.

Are you ready for the merger of KT and DN soon? Did you do the math? There were 10 servers and today there are only 2.

And I'm being dramatic. It is seriously? When will I stop being dramatic? When does NCS announce that it is shutting down AION just like it did with MXM?

I actually like 6.3 with the exception being transformations. And not even the transformations themselves, but the lack of transparent scrolls. I really like how the game is right now. Sure I miss the Abyss and Tiamaranta's Eye, but I can live and play without those.

Bugs are going to happen if you don't have a QA team.

Point is, you are either OK on how the game is right now, or you are not and then, I'm sorry to say, but you should quit. The company has shown time and time again that THEY WILL NOT CHANGE. They have been doing this for a loooong time. After KR went F2P it got worse for us. Even KRs don't like the transformation system and yet they are adding 5 new transformations on 7.5 (or 7.2).

11 hours ago, Gwin-DN said:

Think with me. What is the reason for you to participate of  SIEGE? Everything you will gain will be temporary.

@KonkersGG-EK and I don't always agree on things, but I gotta say he's right. You're being VERY dramatic right now. We aren't even disagreeing with you that Aion has issues. We're just saying that you need to make the decision about if you think it's worth sticking out or if you should just quit and find a new game you will enjoy. That's something EVERYONE needs to decide.

Also, legendary (or ultimate, depending on your rank) enchantment stones, kinah, and manastones are NOT temporary. They're very useful, especially in 6.x. We don't go to siege for gp for transformation rank (the temporary thing you're talking about). Literally no one cares about that. We do it for the season rewards.

• 2 weeks later...

ooooh i found it 

On 4/10/2019 at 8:23 PM, XYZX-DN said:

Possibly yes HAHA good one @Cyan yes give everyone gold ingots so they can buy all the cool items on the gold ingot shop oh wait everything there is shit. I know you guys can copy and paste so just copy EU it's not hard thanks. 

GsMyJo3.jpg&key=d40b7a1178f6a00241b405a4

Archived