Glory Points Reset & Seasons

Cyan

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cyan said:

Greetings Daevas,

With the current season for Glory Points ending we wanted to provide some information on an additional change. On April 24,  after the conclusion of the season, we’ll be doing a full reset of the ranks – every player on every server will have their GP reset back to zero. This will happen during maintenance following each new season moving forward. Ranks will work the same as they always have, albeit with lowered GP requirements to rank up. There will also be additional ways to earn GP from battlefield instances and new quests.

With each GP reset, you’ll also receive Gold Ingots based on how much GP you have at the time of the reset.  How much you earn will be based on the following:

• Every 500 GP (rounded up to the nearest 500) will grant 1 Gold Ingot. For example, if you end the season with 3,205 GP you will receive 7 Gold Ingots.

If you have any questions regarding this change, put them below and we will work to get them answered!

Thank you.

I suggest putting pvp stones and fragments!! :( 

@Cyan This is the best way to kill Aion, did the NCteam check the GP on every faction and every server? we are not talking about thousands, it's millions of GP and you guys pretend to just reset and give gold ingots as a compensation? come on hahaha this is a MMO game this is not a competitive game like "League of Legends" ofc all the new players will like the idea of reset the ranks cuz they are NEW! but what about the old players that took years to achieve their ranks? well at least as a compensation give an Ultimate Transformation for those who get a million of GP... my personal opinion NC MUST think twice about this. GOLD INGOTS PFFFF -.->:(

This has got to be the biggest joke Ncsoft has ever made. You ever realized how much work we put out there for our ranks? So much time and effort. Literally blood and sweat and money, and all gone? Like WTF!!! In all stupid changes I've been ome of those who stick through thick and thin. But this has got to be the shittiest thing ever done. My toon, I've worked on my rank for 7 yrs. I'm not one of those afk ranked people. And what you gonna do pay gold ingots? Well FML it's finally time to say goodbye to this shit game. 

Yeah I, agree. Take the rank for all I care but compensate the top 10 ranked with Ultimate transformation. We deserve this much. Gold ingots? Rather delete my toon. Well idk, you're not a company known for fair judgment anyways

Yeah exactly, they are killing the game by doing that, and the compensation it's a gold ingot, all the effort of a player that plays for more than 7 years will be valued as a "GOLD INGOTS? I'm SURE NC didn't check the rank, someone put an image of the top 10 players on both servers Ely and Asmos. KT and DN they reach TWO MILLION of GP, this is not a good idea NC, well if u guys wanna keep the game well, better don't touch, the effort of the old players...or AT least give Ultimates transformation to the TOP 10

7 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

@Cyan will siege still reward people who are solo/grouped with more GP than it rewards alliances and leagues? Because that system discourages teamwork and will give leadership ranks to people who do not lead. 

Also Aion Russia gave GP from instances which could be Luna reset but they realised this put a price on ranks and so they rolled back the change. Does NA have any particular problem with or deterrent for buying GP via Luna reset?

Solo benefits those who are active and dps, groups benefit people who do great team work. Alliance/league doesn't benefit those whoa re active but those who slack.
The problem you wrote here is that leagues are infested with afk alts doing nothing while leeching the kills from the active people. And these active people probably have no problem with that since it is their own alts.

Time to go to the good old days where leaders would run dps meters to check who didn't dps/heal/take dmg at all to blacklist them so they won't re-invite them. Enough with the needs of people who think it is their right to afk at the expense of others and enough with people bringing ten alts to siege just to cash additional enchant stones for the crafted tradeable gears.

This is #MAGA in the making, Make Aion Great Again.

------

As for the instances that can be reset with luna, I totally agree they shouldn't give GP at all.

WOOOOHOOO! Finally they are doing this, the higher up ranks were getting ridiculous doesn't even give the new players anything to work for siege wise. Now that they are doing this it will hopefully entice them enough to show up for siege. 

Don't worry the pay to win people will still pay to win and be able to make it back to the top ranks. XP

Honestly this is a great change, this will ensure only people who are active at siege will be holding the majority of the xforms, making them more competitive.

I understand some people are upset, but if you’re active at siege and contribute, you’ll still be ranked. 

14 hours ago, Cyan said:

Greetings Daevas,

With the current season for Glory Points ending we wanted to provide some information on an additional change. On April 24,  after the conclusion of the season, we’ll be doing a full reset of the ranks – every player on every server will have their GP reset back to zero. This will happen during maintenance following each new season moving forward. Ranks will work the same as they always have, albeit with lowered GP requirements to rank up. There will also be additional ways to earn GP from battlefield instances and new quests.

With each GP reset, you’ll also receive Gold Ingots based on how much GP you have at the time of the reset.  How much you earn will be based on the following:

• Every 500 GP (rounded up to the nearest 500) will grant 1 Gold Ingot. For example, if you end the season with 3,205 GP you will receive 7 Gold Ingots.

If you have any questions regarding this change, put them below and we will work to get them answered!

Thank you.

In the history of stupid decisions, this ranks as one of the stupidest I have seen. Take this from someone who has played this game for 9 years, played Tabula Rasa, plays Blade and Soul as well - all NC products.

EU went this route and it made sense because they merged ALL their servers. so it was fair. 

You have NOTHING that I want in your gold ingot shop, and anything I could want is Way overpriced (Daeva skill)

Well one benefit I can now concentrate on other games more FFIV is really good 

As someone who doesnt care about GP rankings in this patch anymore because its not possible for me to get decent amount gp by only doing siege for few reasons but  I understand that people are mad r since they worked so hard for their rank.

EU did it because of merge  and that made sense.

Alot of people wont like this and also giving only gold ingots while their isnt much  worth to buy, can you atleast make the 200 gold ingot skill book not random and we can pick   which one we want or  maybe lower it down to 50?

Can we get kinah instead gold ingots that would be better.....

28 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

In the history of stupid decisions, this ranks as one of the stupidest I have seen. Take this from someone who has played this game for 9 years, played Tabula Rasa, plays Blade and Soul as well - all NC products.

EU went this route and it made sense because they merged ALL their servers. so it was fair. 

You have NOTHING that I want in your gold ingot shop, and anything I could want is Way overpriced (Daeva skill)

Well one benefit I can now concentrate on other games more FFIV is really good

Are you high ranked? If yes I can feel the salt. Because you are not quitting due to the bad GI shop, this can change and will change in future as we keep pushing for this to be more fair and closer to Korean Aion.

If you quit the game because of the GP reset, it means you loved the locked status of the ranks and now you do not want to compete.

3 minutes ago, Hallo-DN said:

As someone who doesnt care about GP rankings in this patch anymore because its not possible for me to get decent amount gp by only doing siege for few reasons but  I understand that people are mad over since they worked so hard for their rank.

...you didn't care about GP rankings because there was no way you could progress, NOW you actually can. Every month the GP will reset, giving GI per 500 GP and people will make a fresh start every month, no more afk people in sieges just to hold their locked rank.

Imagine being upset about giving newbs a chance to even dream of ever getting xform. Or having to actually earn your rank :D:D  "been playing b4 the bible was written, where ma privilege at ncsoft>:(" argument is rather fun to see, I hope you ppl will get married at some point, it better not go wrong:D

Please make the GP farming a PVP oriented thing...... to much rubbish running around with a

tittle and all they do is PVE, AFK leach points and stand in Lakrum Fort jumping and spamming how awesome

their millennial life is bc they have a rank to brag about; and don't contribute anything to the faction........

Archived