Glory Points Reset & Seasons

Cyan

15 hours ago, Cyan said:

Greetings Daevas,

With the current season for Glory Points ending we wanted to provide some information on an additional change. On April 24,  after the conclusion of the season, we’ll be doing a full reset of the ranks – every player on every server will have their GP reset back to zero. This will happen during maintenance following each new season moving forward. Ranks will work the same as they always have, albeit with lowered GP requirements to rank up. There will also be additional ways to earn GP from battlefield instances and new quests.

With each GP reset, you’ll also receive Gold Ingots based on how much GP you have at the time of the reset.  How much you earn will be based on the following:

• Every 500 GP (rounded up to the nearest 500) will grant 1 Gold Ingot. For example, if you end the season with 3,205 GP you will receive 7 Gold Ingots.

If you have any questions regarding this change, put them below and we will work to get them answered!

Thank you.

“So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.”

-

“I have dreamed a dream... but now that dream has gone from me.”

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Joe-DN said:

“So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.”

How is this the death of liberty -- melodramatics aside?

The definition of liberty is "the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views." So it honestly doesn't even have anything to do with your rank in a virtual game that has no bearing on real life or real life politics. But let's stretch it and say it does. I could argue that people who don't play the game for 6 months, then come back and have General rank within 3 weeks is actually the same as "oppressive restrictions." If I worked hard for that 6 months and got the very lowest General rank and then that person came back and took it from me without having done all of the same work that I did, is that not an oppressive restriction?

In fact, "I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream is gone from me." What about people with no ranks who have dreamed to be ranked, but never could?

I actually don't care either way about the reset. I've never been one to beg for GP reset on these forums. I'm just trying to put another view out there. I understand those of you with ranks are upset and feel like your hard work is going to vanish... But if you keep playing actively, you'll continue to be ranked every month. You might not be Governor from month to month for literal years at a time, but you could easily obtain top 100 (so 5-star at least) just by being active -- because, let's face it, there just aren't that many people left playing this old game, so reaching the top 100 shouldn't be a huge feat.

Well it was highly probable that NCwest would follow the GP reset Trend from other regions but this custom change they want to do about reseting GP every month seems kinda bad and annoying. As to attain rank requieres a fixed amount of GP be prepared for 1 week without xforms and 2 weeks without yellow chat and commander stun, every month GG.

11 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Well it was highly probable that NCwest would follow the GP reset Trend from other regions but this custom change they want to do about reseting GP every month seems kinda bad and annoying. As to attain rank requieres a fixed amount of GP be prepared for 1 week without xforms and 2 weeks without yellow chat and commander stun, every month GG.

They’re obviously going to lower that dramatically...

Bring back EBOnline I say.

Okay, that aside, this is an amusing change. There's an actual chance there will be 100 active transforms where as for years there was a max of 20-30 at any given time while others were too busy hoarding the 20k AP required to transform than use it.

27 minutes ago, Delessa-DN said:

Bring back EBOnline I say.

Okay, that aside, this is an amusing change. There's an actual chance there will be 100 active transforms where as for years there was a max of 20-30 at any given time while others were too busy hoarding the 20k AP required to transform than use it.

Actually it costs kinah to xform now.

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

I guess some people cant' read lol. here's a snippet from Cyan's original post to this thread.

"Ranks will work the same as they always have, albeit with lowered GP requirements to rank up"

3 hours ago, Hellish-DN said:

Honestly this is a great change, this will ensure only people who are active at siege will be holding the majority of the xforms, making them more competitive.

I understand some people are upset, but if you’re active at siege and contribute, you’ll still be ranked. 

It's not about the rank per say.  It's about that accrued number by my name that says the cumulative amount of GP that I've gained on my character in the four years since I returned to retail Aion.  It's the history of the character; GP reset means now it's like there's no history.  NCSoft already wiped all the quest logs ( unless your toon is super, super old and has the original iterations of all the quests ) and every other bit of history they can to our characters.  

I don't know how they think afk people are really staying on the board, at least on our side, Hellish.  No one can be bother to log on JUST for siege with no intent ever to play again JUST to hog a spot on the GP board.  Please, to all those people saying otherwise.  All those people got that GP by actively playing for a LONG time at some point besides, with maybe the exception of a few very, very special individuals.  It is not hard with the current algorithm to get to 3* and sometimes 4*.  Does GP acquisition need to be increased?  SURE!  There's no way to climb effectively currently; but wiping the GP board because new players are whining that they cannot get into the top 100 in a month is not the way to do it.  With the current iteration, I'll never see General, and that's cool, because I didn't grind for that, but the GP I have, I worked for.  When I came back to Aion, it took 40k GP just to hit 3*.  I should point out, as of today, the lowest ranked 4* on DN-A has 4.5K GP.  Sure, acquisition is like 1000GP a week at most, but that's six weeks or less to hit 4*.  That's not bad at all.  

But you, and everyone else knows well that NCsoft is just going to add the GP to instances like they used to and it'll be reset city for those that can afford it.  But Aion was p2w previously and now it's not going to be.  Okay, sure.  Have fun.  

2 hours ago, catsu-KT said:

Imagine being upset about giving newbs a chance to even dream of ever getting xform. Or having to actually earn your rank :D:D  "been playing b4 the bible was written, where ma privilege at ncsoft>:(" argument is rather fun to see, I hope you ppl will get married at some point, it better not go wrong:D

Imagine you have been married 20 years to someone and have been a constant loving partner. You’re no longer the cute young thing but you’re an active loving wife. Now some cute young 20 year old walks in and expects to have your man, your house and everything else.

imagine being upset over that.

First of all the GP system should never of been implemented in the first place and second, if you're complaining because of all the money you invested for gaining GP has become a loss in your mind it's 100% your fault for going all out ptw style wasting thousands lol. Just another reason i've taken a ( break ) from aion, most likely a permanent one lol. If aion erased every patch from 4.8 and beyond, made it monthly subs again with more cd's to instances, with cash shop mostly about just about skins, mounts without the mega ptw bs like gear and reset scrolls I would come back but that aint happening. Dear NcSoft, aion was a awesome game, probably my favorite of all time at one point but too many changes were made that didnt need to be.

The likelihood of contracts being added to Gold Bar Shop is next nil. A simple and easily added solution imo is to make gold bars sellable at the current price to purchase them (1.3 million kinah). If you place a set limit say 25-50 per week you will alleviate two major problems in game at the moment which is kinah acquisition and gold bars being useless. A set limit per week will alleviate some of the bloat that will will eventually happen in game to the broker since some people will get more gold bars than they could ever use with this GP wipe. As for people who will undoubtedly complain that this will ruin the economy, we don't have an economy. You are either broke since u cant get kinah or you are rich from the original exchange for 6.2. Changing an in game game item to sellable and setting a price is quick and easy. 

@Cyan

1 hour ago, Shavera-DN said:

It's not about the rank per say.  It's about that accrued number by my name that says the cumulative amount of GP that I've gained on my character in the four years since I returned to retail Aion.  It's the history of the character; GP reset means now it's like there's no history.  NCSoft already wiped all the quest logs ( unless your toon is super, super old and has the original iterations of all the quests ) and every other bit of history they can to our characters.  

I don't know how they think afk people are really staying on the board, at least on our side, Hellish.  No one can be bother to log on JUST for siege with no intent ever to play again JUST to hog a spot on the GP board.  Please, to all those people saying otherwise.  All those people got that GP by actively playing for a LONG time at some point besides, with maybe the exception of a few very, very special individuals.  It is not hard with the current algorithm to get to 3* and sometimes 4*.  Does GP acquisition need to be increased?  SURE!  There's no way to climb effectively currently; but wiping the GP board because new players are whining that they cannot get into the top 100 in a month is not the way to do it.  With the current iteration, I'll never see General, and that's cool, because I didn't grind for that, but the GP I have, I worked for.  When I came back to Aion, it took 40k GP just to hit 3*.  I should point out, as of today, the lowest ranked 4* on DN-A has 4.5K GP.  Sure, acquisition is like 1000GP a week at most, but that's six weeks or less to hit 4*.  That's not bad at all.  

But you, and everyone else knows well that NCsoft is just going to add the GP to instances like they used to and it'll be reset city for those that can afford it.  But Aion was p2w previously and now it's not going to be.  Okay, sure.  Have fun.  

The history of your account shouldn’t have any effect on whether or not you have a rank, there’s been too many fundamental changes to the game. GP worked (kind of) in 4.5-4.9 because people actively competed in order to get gear (had to be 5-star). After 5.0 came out, unless you had transform there was no reason to actively compete for GP (a little AP and medals meant little).

You had people who would queue instances repeatedly to try and get a pop on their alt to get more GP. And you have people with ranks who sit on top of the walls or the back of the push in alliance, because they only need to get 120 per siege to get their rank. People who only want the rank because it makes them feel important but are otherwise useless, you know who they are. I’m not saying that’s a a majority, but it’s certainly sizeable. 

If people want to p2w their ranks now, go ahead, it gets reset every month. But otherwise, ranks should be determined my attending siege and actively contributing to them. 

1 minute ago, MetalPhantomEvil-DN said:

Nice... now Gp need get only arenas(1v1) and Siege.

No give chance to p2w / pve masters take rankings pls.

No GP should be given for arenas, once the season rewards systems are fixed, then each will have their own rewards systems, they should stay separate.

19 hours ago, Cyan said:
  1. Yes
  2. Possibly, yes (feedback and suggestions are forwarded to the devs so if you would like to see anything please let us know)
  3. What do you mean by current GP loss? If you mean for the GP people currently have, then yes, they will be receiving the equivalent Gold Ingots based on their current GP on the 24. 

1) why - unless you are planning a server merge?  Are you planning one? EU used this but it was warranted due to mergers

2) there is absolutely nothing of any value on the gold ingot shop and the one item of value is way overpriced ( Daeva skill). It still in no way compensated me for the time I spent participating in segues and other activities. No I did not spend a significant cash nor did I AFK my way to my rank- so this is very much a slap in the face.

3) it it very much a loss since we are literally getting useless gold ingots- the only thing worse I think of is prestige coin, since that’s the only worse shop due to its exchange rate- although it’s items are better. Other regions supplied legendary transform contracts in their shop and other USEFUL items.

This is in essence otherwise going to demotivate some of your most loyal players - exactly the segment you do NOT want to lose.

1 minute ago, Calista-DN said:

1) why - unless you are planning a server merge?  Are you planning one? EU used this but it was warranted due to mergers

2) there is absolutely nothing of any value on the gold ingot shop and the one item of value is way overpriced ( Daeva skill). It still in no way compensated me for the time I spent participating in segues and other activities. No I did not spend a significant cash nor did I AFK my way to my rank- so this is very much a slap in the face. Incidentally after several server mergers I have climbed up and down from Commander , back and down so i’m not exactly unfamiliar with change but this is bizarre.

3) it it very much a loss since we are literally getting useless gold ingots- the only thing worse I think of is prestige coin, since that’s the only worse shop due to its exchange rate- although it’s items are better. Other regions supplied legendary transform contracts in their shop and other USEFUL items.

This is in essence otherwise going to demotivate some of your most loyal players - exactly the segment you do NOT want to lose.

I could care less about losing rank but gold bars, seriously I took what I had and bought tons of stupid shit just to be rid of them and now I get them back?  Seriously though keep GP out of arenas and instances that can be reset or farmed with alts, keep it strictly based on siege and things should be good and rankings should be a tight race like I think most people would want.  I wouldn't mind seeing better rewards though then just gold bars for everyone above rank 100.

Yeah I rather not get gold ingots, I prefer to get the gold ingots i'd be getting turned into kinah please because you literally don't put any way to get kinah in this game the only option you give us is kinah bundles that don't even give us kinah to do anything with like what are we gonna do with 1-2-5-10 mill kinah, like there are no quests you can repeat for kinah either I can't even teleport out of sanctum on some of my characters because i'm so broke from having to pay for soul sickness or having to buy potions or transform scrolls it's pretty ridiculous I can't even enjoy the game because I have no kinah or any way of getting any. 

NCSOFT  you need to do something about this, it needs fixed.

3 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Imagine you have been married 20 years to someone and have been a constant loving partner. You’re no longer the cute young thing but you’re an active loving wife. Now some cute young 20 year old walks in and expects to have your man, your house and everything else.

imagine being upset over that.

People expect lots of things, such as the ability to afk&still keep the rank coz they've been playing for years(imagine you play for years and still can't comfortably keep your rank btw)
Just because others expect what's yours currently doesn't mean they will have or take it, because you've earned it. Therefore just earn your rank fren, and enjoy the competition

I REALLY fail to see how doing this change during a merge justifies it. I understand that merges shake ranks up, but so what? Ranks are going to change anyway with the change.

I am happy they implemented this, not that I am affected by it at all.

17 minutes ago, catsu-KT said:

People expect lots of things, such as the ability to afk&still keep the rank coz they've been playing for years(imagine you play for years and still can't comfortably keep your rank btw)
Just because others expect what's yours currently doesn't mean they will have or take it, because you've earned it. Therefore just earn your rank fren, and enjoy the competition

You clearly missed the point “fren” so let me help you out here. The active people aren’t afraid of competition- they wouldn’t HAVE the highest ranks if they couldn’t compete and they aren’t scared of some new people taking anything- if anything they had a LOT more competition when servers were more populated .

Doesn’t mean that they should accept rubbish in return as compensation - that’s just not reasonable.

14 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

You clearly missed the point “fren” so let me help you out here. The active people aren’t afraid of competition- they wouldn’t HAVE the highest ranks if they couldn’t compete and they aren’t scared of some new people taking anything- if anything they had a LOT more competition when servers were more populated .

Doesn’t mean that they should accept rubbish in return as compensation - that’s just not reasonable.

My point wasn't about rewards but people whining they can no longer afk&keep their ranks tho, those have xforms and use them currently will most likely keep them in the future, those who are useless will finally get what they deserve. As for acceptance part, please, look how the game currently is, look at your furry char(and the whole xform system) and look at the overall health of this game. You've accepted worse things so far and will continue to do so because it's the only choice. Pray for EU's limited GST. Fren. 

Archived