Forums

Glory Points Reset & Seasons

Cyan

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Delicat-KT said:

@Cyan will we see siege times change with this? 
For EU players its almost IMPOSSIBLE to attend, 4 am my time, unless they like their lack of sleep :|

I would like to have the mid week seiges one hour earlier as most people in NA adjust their clocks and seiges are now very late, that’s it.

If not fighters marks, then at least like a pack of 750 ancient guiding stones for like 10 bars 2x per week since the drop rates for these have been heavily nerfed.

as far as siege times, 1 or 2 hours earlier would be nice, but this isn’t an EU server, so that should not be any consideration for siege times.

i wouldnt say put the spirit fragments in the gold sands, but i would like to see them added as drops or something in sieges, and the pvp instances, since they're hard to get as it is (drege mobs would be perfect for this)...and for the love of god, can we PLEASE get a crafting xp event, something that would at least be useful later for the newer players tryin to craft up gear to D/E...

I don't see any reason to put anything like fragments in the gold store. Whatever they put there, will be stupidly overpriced, and you can already buy something from there and sell it for kinah, which would be the same.

If something has to be added to the gold shop, should be stuff like rank B or A miniun, or stuff still unavailable through other means.

15 minutes ago, Acheillies-KT said:

i wouldnt say put the spirit fragments in the gold sands, but i would like to see them added as drops or something in sieges, and the pvp instances, since they're hard to get as it is (drege mobs would be perfect for this)...and for the love of god, can we PLEASE get a crafting xp event, something that would at least be useful later for the newer players tryin to craft up gear to D/E...

Iirc, rainbow snake gives a crafting buffnext or nextnext week. Can't look right now.

27 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

I don't see any reason to put anything like fragments in the gold store. Whatever they put there, will be stupidly overpriced, and you can already buy something from there and sell it for kinah, which would be the same.

If something has to be added to the gold shop, should be stuff like rank B or A miniun, or stuff still unavailable through other means.

A rank minium is already there.

36 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Yes God forbid something useful is found to reward people. I for one want the fragments, ancient contracts as well as legendary contracts and legendary PVP stones if you want to remove years of effort  from people. They can pick what they want if NC has any sense at all they can code a special item just with a trade in currency since they do say they have “devs” to talk to.

probably a part time junior guy who does Aion maintenance when he can.....

16 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

well  yeah the way i understood it was there will be a constant GP reset of our total ammount of GP to zero every single month, and yeah that would be really bad and annoying everybody losing their rank each month and to wait several days without yellow chat and commander stun until ppl reach the fixed amounts for each rank.

...we do not know how this will work and we will have to see obviously. If we have 1 week of no trannies then even better, lets see those pro players doing a transform in open world pvp just so they can kill someone that otherwise would evaporate them. If it is the same for everyone nobody can complain.

15 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

I'm sorry but everything you've said makes you sound like a whimsical person who wants to get something the easy way and can not. Next time make a new char when a new server is open.

I am the one who wants something "easy", dude I am the one that wants to have to work for it EVERY MONTH constantly, the moment you stop trying, you have nothing. YOU are the one who wants to rely on your years of slowly accumulating GP while new players cannot even get the amount per week you used to get. You want new players to be a dummy for us the veterans, so we can let them know that since we are odler players we matter more even though they might be better.

14 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Your response doesn't even make any (legible) sense.Let me spell it out or you.

1-We already have a low population - people quitting is not a good thing.Who says that I want it to close? I never did. As an active player, that doesn't even make sense.

2- You're assuming (erroneously) that the people that quit are those that AFK. You have no way of knowing that.

3- The people that are ranked and are active have gone through multiple mergers and ranks and have put in work. Why shouldn't that be recognized? You have made no case as to why it shouldn't- you've only made assumptions that you have no proof, about every single ranked person.

People quit the game for many reasons, if they quit it because now it became competitive for everyone then they are the reason Aion died so fast. The old players know how to play better, they should be on top ranks. Just because you farmed enough pve/pvp in 5.8 with 350 GP per instance and you got many thousands... that doesn't make you put more effort. Losing in all pvp instances in 5.8 would still give you more GP per month that winning every siege currently. THAT is the "worth" you are arguing for.

13 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

i bet 80% of the Pro Reset QQers will be out of top 100 lmao

...if I am not in the 100 ranks after the monthly reset then I deserve it. To be in the top 100 you have to try. If the resettable instances with luna do not give GP I do not see why anyone losing ranks would complain. The monthly GP reset is a good thing, if they decide to allow people to gain more GP by paying that is another story. It was possible to pay more to gain more in the past and plenty of currently high ranked people actually paid to be there, so do you shouldn't have problem with that ? If yes then a monthly reset will make them have to constantly try.

11 hours ago, Madara-KT said:

Dude do you have any ideia how much ppl worked out to keep on the top of the list ? This is insane from ncsoft, are a lot of people will be DONE OF AION.

Then why don't you keep working to be there? That's it? You worked for it and you want it to be handed to you permanently? If you "worked" hard why don't you keep working hard for it? I know a good friend of mine came back from 4.0 or something, he is better at pvp than most people in the ranks but he could have never been in the ranks himself due to the fact he wasn't playing. Ranks = activity, not something you did in the past with a ton of GP in everything you did and have it locked now.

1 hour ago, Delicat-KT said:

@Cyan will we see siege times change with this? 
For EU players its almost IMPOSSIBLE to attend, 4 am my time, unless they like their lack of sleep :|

I am from EU and I agree on this. Weekend sieges are at 3am and week sieges are 6am for me. It used to be 2 am in weekend before the time change and 5am as well. Whatever it is, it is super hard for us.

But be sure NA will not cater to EU players

58 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I am the one who wants something "easy", dude I am the one that wants to have to work for it EVERY MONTH constantly, the moent ou stop trying, you have nothing. YOU are the one who wants to rely on your years of slowly accumulating GP while new players cannot even get the amount per week you used to get. You want new players to be a dummy for us the veterans, so we can let them know that since we are odler players we matter more even though they might be better.

Yes, you are the one who wants things easy, i was once a new player ( 3.7 ) and it took me one year to become army 1 on the days where your rank depended on the amount of ap you had, on the days where the only way to get AP was doing pvp ( open world pvp, arenas and dreadge) and where you needed the AP to buy stigmas and pvp gear, and that means going from soldier rank 1 to soldier rank 9 again and again and again till you had all your stigmas and all your pvp gear, where winning an open world pvp meant winning 1.2 ap if you beat an army 1 or 4.5 ap if it was an army 5 and loosing the same amount of ap if you were the looser and not just a faction as it is these days, so yes, i had to work a lot to become army 3 before the GP was intruduced to the rank system and still had to keep working to become army 5. So yes, i think i earn my right to rely on all those year i have worked to get in the rank i am now, and same goes to the people who are in the top rank.

But i give you this, i also I think that new players need an insentient that makes them try to reach the high positions of the rank, therefore I think that a reduction in the amount of the gp we have would be very good, but not a complete delete of our gp would be the answer.

And for those who are in the rank and for some reason they lose it, they have at least a few days to recover it and if not, they lose their gp completely, and so give the opportunity to those who are constant

35 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Yes, you are the one who wants things easy, i was once a new player ( 3.7 ) and it took me one year to become army 1 on the days where your rank depended on the amount of ap you had, on the days where the only way to get AP was doing pvp ( open world pvp, arenas and dreadge) and where you needed the AP to buy stigmas and pvp gear, and that means going from soldier rank 1 to soldier rank 9 again and again and again till you had all your stigmas and all your pvp gear, where winning an open world pvp meant winning 1.2 ap if you beat an army 1 or 4.5 ap if it was an army 5 and loosing the same amount of ap if you were the looser and not just a faction as it is these days, so yes, i had to work a lot to become army 3 before the GP was intruduced to the rank system and still had to keep working to become army 5. So yes, i think i earn my right to rely on all those year i have worked to get in the rank i am now, and same goes to the people who are in the top rank.

But i give you this, i also I think that new players need an insentient that makes them try to reach the high positions of the rank, therefore I think that a reduction in the amount of the gp we have would be very good, but not a complete delete of our gp would be the answer.

And for those who are in the rank and for some reason they lose it, they have at least a few days to recover it and if not, they lose their gp completely, and so give the opportunity to those who are constant

The majority of people in 3.7 got their AP from essoterrace and other instances lol.

48 minutes ago, Hellish-DN said:

The majority of people in 3.7 got their AP from essoterrace and other instances lol.

...but but... but he "worked" for that. He deserves to be permanently in the ranks.

Everyone need to enjoy the fact that to be on high ranks you have to be active and try to be there and qualify for it. Whoever doesn't like it is the reason thsi game was going downhills and was abused by people buy all means. there will still be people that will buy their ranks (if it is possible to get GP from luna-resettable instances) and it will be fixed liek they did on other publishers, but we are going towards a fair competitive Aion right now.

1 hour ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

So yes, i think i earn my right to rely on all those year i have worked to get in the rank i am now, and same goes to the people who are in the top rank.

you earned that "right" while it was working like this, you also enjoyed that rank for a big amount of time.
You enjoyed your rank while it was an AP thing, as long as you tried about it
You enjoyed your locked GP rank up until now

If you want to enjoy the new ranking system you gotta be active permanently, the moment you decide to slack other people who are more active will take the ranks that are highly needed for the siege.

...but lets be honest, you love being in a locked ranking list because there is nobody in the high ranks that didn't benefit from pve-GP and you are scared you wil have to compete in the real pvp thing. If you want to be in the ranks, earn it now.

-------

I earnerd my right to have a 300 profession on my toons and it was deleted, I earned my right to have items that I worked hard for, but in every patch we get new better ones and we all have to start again.

Once you win an olympic medal, you keep that medal as a memoir but you are not awarded a medal every year just because you participated for many years. To get the golden medal you have to be first on that specific race, if not you lose rank for that race.

Regardless, the people who had already tons of GP in this patch from other patches already enjoyed 7 months of ranks with no competition, thanks to the new system. And the system feeds it self, so people who are ranked get xforms, higher rewards, making it easier to keep the rank. A reduction on the ammount of GP would do nothing, because the ammount of GP you gain now is ridiculously low, and since the system will reset EVERY MONTH, it will be pointless anyway.

I have not logged in since December, but had to just to see what was on the Gold shop.....nothing except a over priced skill range box. A lot of your remaining player base put lots of time,money and effort into getting rank(  ok ok maybe not all). Give them something useful and reasonably priced for heck sakes. Really do not think you are in the position to tick off anymore of the remaining player base. Whenever some one asked me what class does the most damage, I reply the "DEV" class. True in most games I have found.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...we do not know how this will work and we will have to see obviously. If we have 1 week of no trannies then even better, lets see those pro players doing a transform in open world pvp just so they can kill someone that otherwise would evaporate them. If it is the same for everyone nobody can complain.

I am the one who wants something "easy", dude I am the one that wants to have to work for it EVERY MONTH constantly, the moment you stop trying, you have nothing. YOU are the one who wants to rely on your years of slowly accumulating GP while new players cannot even get the amount per week you used to get. You want new players to be a dummy for us the veterans, so we can let them know that since we are odler players we matter more even though they might be better.

People quit the game for many reasons, if they quit it because now it became competitive for everyone then they are the reason Aion died so fast. The old players know how to play better, they should be on top ranks. Just because you farmed enough pve/pvp in 5.8 with 350 GP per instance and you got many thousands... that doesn't make you put more effort. Losing in all pvp instances in 5.8 would still give you more GP per month that winning every siege currently. THAT is the "worth" you are arguing for.

...if I am not in the 100 ranks after the monthly reset then I deserve it. To be in the top 100 you have to try. If the resettable instances with luna do not give GP I do not see why anyone losing ranks would complain. The monthly GP reset is a good thing, if they decide to allow people to gain more GP by paying that is another story. It was possible to pay more to gain more in the past and plenty of currently high ranked people actually paid to be there, so do you shouldn't have problem with that ? If yes then a monthly reset will make them have to constantly try.

Then why don't you keep working to be there? That's it? You worked for it and you want it to be handed to you permanently? If you "worked" hard why don't you keep working hard for it? I know a good friend of mine came back from 4.0 or something, he is better at pvp than most people in the ranks but he could have never been in the ranks himself due to the fact he wasn't playing. Ranks = activity, not something you did in the past with a ton of GP in everything you did and have it locked now.

I am from EU and I agree on this. Weekend sieges are at 3am and week sieges are 6am for me. It used to be 2 am in weekend before the time change and 5am as well. Whatever it is, it is super hard for us.

But be sure NA will not cater to EU players

I have already a quote for it, I beg you, every EU PLAYER go on that Treat And support it, they should do something.

27 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...but but... but he "worked" for that. He deserves to be permanently in the ranks

if thats the case, then i surely deserve it more than you, as I see that your name going up and down in the ranks betwen army 4 and  army 5 with only the gp you have, as i told you before, next time NC makes a new server, go and make a new char there, so you will finally have a shot in staying in army 5 or why not, become governor.

rank.jpg

42 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

if thats the case, then i surely deserve it more than you, as I see that your name going up and down in the ranks betwen army 4 and  army 5 with only the gp you have, as i told you before, next time NC makes a new server, go and make a new char there, so you will finally have a shot in staying in army 5 or why not, become governor.

rank.jpg

EXACTLY, because no mater how better I am next to that AFKTolerance for example, she is still like pretty high, no matter how afk she is in the league, she still has her rank because all she cares is to afk enough to keep the locked rank.

If I end up much lower than what I currently am then I guess I deserve it.

I get 300 GP at EVERY siege, thanks for pointing my rank.

So what is your rank, there was no Vessttemona in the ranks

21 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

EXACTLY, because no mater how better I am next to that AFKTolerance for example, she is still like pretty high, no matter how afk she is in the league, she still has her rank because all she cares is to afk enough to keep the locked rank.

If I end up much lower than what I currently am then I guess I deserve it.

I get 300 GP at EVERY siege, thanks for pointing my rank.

So what is your rank, there was no Vessttemona in the ranks

A5HS4L8.png

:\

And yesterday i was rank 28, somedays i go back to Army 5,and just because Thane or others appear and disappear from the rank, i do not wish to everybody lose their gp, although i do admit AFK people are a big pain, but i do not care if john doe is afk or not, if im the leader of a group or alliance and i see one of our memeber is afk, i just kick them out, no gp for those who doesnt make an effort to win the fort.

Archived