Forums

Glory Points Reset & Seasons

Cyan

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll resume this for everyone, this is not a competitive game like "League of Legends" or other games like that, this is an MMO game, NC needs more incomes, so "TAKE THIS IN MIND! ONLY WALLET WARRIOR WILL HAVE HIGH RANKS" it doesn't matter if u are new or old, if u have a BIG wallet you will be Governor/Commander whatever u want, and this is going to happen every month, so yeah is time to say goodbye to Aion.

Btw rank it doesn't mean anything at this point; Transformation Guardian General l,ll,lll,lV,V can get feared by an SM, only worth ranks are Commander and Governor for the /command chat. apart of that what else u get? being a Great General or General, 5 Star Officer your only reward will be few AP per week every Monday come on haha

, Old General room out of NPC, it's empty right now. tbh get rank it's useless on this patch and future patches seem like NCKOREA keeps the same but well. Gl everyone!! and for the current high ranks with more than a Million of GP, getting the best compensation for being old, Gold INGOTS hahaha Jesus... Aion is an old game and right now seems like a beta.

15 hours ago, Camalus-KT said:

Nice.. But.. where can i trade <Event> Aether Bloom? Whats the Name of the NPC.. Im on Elyos Side..

[Event] Aether Bloom is from another event and [Event] Aether Blossom as well.

These Aether Blossoms have not [Event] in front and are a different type

@Cyan Questions I would like to ask is....

1. If GP is getting converted into Gold Ingot. Will there be useful items after the Reset? If not wouldn't it be better to give us Fighting Spirit or Abyss points or Both for our GP points? giving some of the people a fighting chance like myself who works constantly but try to play this game.

2. If GP reset after Maintenance. Will there be more GP quest  or GP put back into the ID/EC/AD/ETC to accumulate these GP points?

3. Last question.  If Gold Ingot is going to be our conversion for GP will the ingot values of the items decrease? if not so if we are making less than 3.2k GP in that month 7 gold ingot will be enough for us to buy anything?  

On 4/11/2019 at 8:07 AM, Cheesecake-DN said:

Kinda wasn't surprised after EU did their GP resets with gold bars as compensation. Though they added some nice, temporary things to buy with those ingots afterward.

The difference is that EU got the Gold Sands Trader update at the same time that they did the GP reset. So their players were hit with a stick, but immediately offered a carrot to make them feel better about the stick. We aren't getting that. We are being hit with the same big stick and told "we are looking at" carrots. Sadly "we are looking at" doesn't always mean good things and it rarely means anything fast.

On 4/11/2019 at 9:27 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

This. Not sure why the top ranked people are worried. Y'all will still end up being top ranked each month.

Not so. There are many players (myself included) who earned their GP by being loyal to their faction and to this game. Their pile of GP and their rank has come from years and years of showing up nightly to siege in this game. People complain about EB-online for GP gain and seem to forget all the rest of the ways we PvPed and sieged for our ranks. So not all those ranked people are top dps. And being "top dps" doesn't necessarily make you a sieger.. meaning someone that knows how to siege, knows how to use their transform and follows/gives commands for the good of the faction. Add to this that 100% the best way to be "top dps" at a siege right now is not from PvPing and not from working for the faction. To max out your dps now you need to be solo or in a very carefully picked small group. You need to kill guards and you need to get a ton of dps on the boss. PvPing or blocking the ramps to the dux room doesn't cut it.

What I find funniest right this moment after reading through this thread are the people who are cheering because they think now they will have a chance at a transform. And I wonder if they realize that they still have no chance at a transform because the super geared who were getting top GP will always outdps them and transform is as far away for them after this change as it is today.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

The difference is that EU got the Gold Sands Trader update at the same time that they did the GP reset. So their players were hit with a stick, but immediately offered a carrot to make them feel better about the stick. We aren't getting that. We are being hit with the same big stick and told "we are looking at" carrots. Sadly "we are looking at" doesn't always mean good things and it rarely means anything fast.

Not so. There are many players (myself included) who earned their GP by being loyal to their faction and to this game. Their pile of GP and their rank has come from years and years of showing up nightly to siege in this game. People complain about EB-online for GP gain and seem to forget all the rest of the ways we PvPed and sieged for our ranks. So not all those ranked people are top dps. And being "top dps" doesn't necessarily make you a sieger.. meaning someone that knows how to siege, knows how to use their transform and follows/gives commands for the good of the faction. Add to this that 100% the best way to be "top dps" at a siege right now is not from PvPing and not from working for the faction. To max out your dps now you need to be solo or in a very carefully picked small group. You need to kill guards and you need to get a ton of dps on the boss. PvPing or blocking the ramps to the dux room doesn't cut it.

What I find funniest right this moment after reading through this thread are the people who are cheering because they think now they will have a chance at a transform. And I wonder if they realize that they still have no chance at a transform because the super geared who were getting top GP will always outdps them and transform is as far away for them after this change as it is today.

Like myself and a few others work hard on getting the gp for YEARS compare to these  low and new people who just cried and complain bout everythings they don't deserve, but hey they are winner because NC soft are stupid. 

1.As a solo gamer, I don't rely on a "Team" like everyone else. I actually enjoy my alone time meaning Less headaches for me and less drama. For those who wants to transform or Xform go for it. Big chance you guys who wants to be Xform aren't going to last or probably not even Xform because you're undergeared.

2.But Most likely the ones who are Geard to the Teeth to P2W or Buying Botting Programs to Cheat and farm Crafting Mats all day everyday Shugo Rich b****es even when the game dies, are most likely going to be top ranks. 

3.NC Soft is not using their heads and keep the Original Content of the game instead of messing up every single content(s) after 4.0. My loyalty of this game is gone,it's just a game and probably leave this game afterward. Was a great game while it last. and Hopefully they will realized how many times the Devs messed up so many times but we tend to be here to enjoy the game with friends. Devs need to refocus on the REAL content of this game as PVP was PVP not mixture of PVE like good old time like how siege fighting over Artifacts to overcome the strong faction.

But they do what they want. As people will do to cheat on this game. it's either to improve financially with a great content and great Staff who cares about the game or Lose to people who will hack and destroy this game because of Poor Staffing and care for this game. But One thing I do hope is GIVE US SOMETHING BETTER THAN GOLD INGOTS. Gold Ingot is worthless with the items thats are in Gold Sand Traders. NC soft is probably going to mess this one up too and watch TONS of players just going to quit and sale their account(s) or Hack the shit out of this game through botting and earn Real money Profit through Kinah buyers.

I already know the Gold Sellers in the game are Taking the Profit more than NC soft actually Earning Revenue on this game. Because they are still here when 90% of players rather buy Kinah over NC coins code any day.

Sorry just keeping it Real.

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I agree completely. 

NCSoft likely saw this as an untapped source of revenue since EK dried up. We all know how long that lasted.

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Hahahaha, yeah...

6 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

There are many players (myself included) who earned their GP by being loyal to their faction and to this game. Their pile of GP and their rank has come from years and years of showing up nightly to siege in this game.

And you also "cashed" on that permanent rank for many years from rewards, anking status, social status etc, nothing to complain here, that rank had a few years worth of expiration, it now has a monthly expiration. Show up again and you will be rewarded just like you have been rewarded all these years. We got our kinah reduced, our items rendered "useless" in every patch because we kept getting new levels and new gear... we cannot complain, we played with those items for the time they were relevant, time to re-gear, to re-level, to re-rank. The rank you worked for was enjoyed by you for the time it lasted, and it lasted a long time.

People complain about EB-online for GP gain and seem to forget all the rest of the ways we PvPed and sieged for our ranks. So not all those ranked people are top dps.

The problem isn't just EB, in 5.8 you could get like 100k GP per month if you did everything and you won a lot, because GP was everywhere and there were GP rewards for other ranking types etc. People cannot get that many GP per month now, the list was practically locked. PvE instances gave a lot of GP, coalition made people go in, afk and get rewards. If there is at least 1 person in the ranks because of this abuse, then it had to be fixed. I saw people being on the walls currently in Lakrum fortress, being high ranked, and I learned they are from Europe (like me) and because siege is in 5~6 in the morning they gave their chars to their friends just to log them in for the siege to keep their ranks. These people will be gone. I have to be awake at 6 in the morning now to go to siege and 3 in the morning for Weekend sieges.

And being "top dps" doesn't necessarily make you a sieger.. meaning someone that knows how to siege, knows how to use their transform and follows/gives commands for the good of the faction. Add to this that 100% the best way to be "top dps" at a siege right now is not from PvPing and not from working for the faction. To max out your dps now you need to be solo or in a very carefully picked small group. You need to kill guards and you need to get a ton of dps on the boss. PvPing or blocking the ramps to the dux room doesn't cut it.

...the way you get GP now is flawed and the fact guards can give you tons of GP (again pve) is flawed. Guards should give you max 10 GP per guard just to justify killing those and max GP should be given by pvp (and obviously the fortress boss which is pvpve), it would be better if max GP for the best contribution in pvp would be like 1000 GP and would get progressively less, this way people would focus on pvp instead of pve to get the big GP profit.

I belong to those that cheer this change not because I want ME to be a transform, I love that the game finally becomes competitive constantly and those afkers in the walls won't get to keep their top 20 rank or something. I am clinging between 5-star and 4-star (mostly 4-star) and I might even end up much lower than what I currently am but that means I deserve to be lower if that happens. There will be people finding new ways to abuse this ranking but at least they can't work for some time and then resort into afking because they did their job and they don't have to work anymore.

I agree pve-GP from siege should be different, but that is another issue. The monthly GP race is the single best change they ever implemented in Aion after all these years of people asking for it. They make people stay alerted to earn their rank and actually have something to "brag" about because now being high ranked means you just stuck around for a longer period of time than others and did enough pvp and pve to accumulate that.

20 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I agree pve-GP from siege should be different, but that is another issue. The monthly GP race is the single best change they ever implemented in Aion after all these years of people asking for it. They make people stay alerted to earn their rank and actually have something to "brag" about because now being high ranked means you just stuck around for a longer period of time than others and did enough pvp and pve to accumulate that.

This type of system has more flaws than benefits that I can see. Siege leaders won't have the support since people will be busy Solo'ing for more GP, which will lead to less cooperative actions, less strategy and fewer chances to cap the fort. Instead of competitive sieges it will most likely go down the path of capping the fort using the Derp Faction buff. Instead of working to better the siege it will IMHO ruin it, which is why, I will prolly stop doing sieges for good.

On 4/16/2019 at 4:55 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

And you also "cashed" on that permanent rank for many years from rewards, anking status, social status etc, nothing to complain here, that rank had a few years worth of expiration, it now has a monthly expiration. Show up again and you will be rewarded just like you have been rewarded all these years. We got our kinah reduced, our items rendered "useless" in every patch because we kept getting new levels and new gear... we cannot complain, we played with those items for the time they were relevant, time to re-gear, to re-level, to re-rank. The rank you worked for was enjoyed by you for the time it lasted, and it lasted a long time.

This. So very much this.

PFFF! this

I belong to those that cheer this change not because I want ME to be a transform, I love that the game finally becomes competitive constantly and those afkers in the walls won't get to keep their top 20 rank or something. I am clinging between 5-star and 4-star (mostly 4-star) and I might even end up much lower than what I currently am but that means I deserve to be lower if that happens. There will be people finding new ways to abuse this ranking but at least they can't work for some time and then resort into afking because they did their job and they don't have to work anymore.

What a hypocrite,aren't you one of them that goes solo cause you can solof for max GP? Inb4 they put  gp  on instances,I'm sure you gonna be cheering more.cause why not reset right?

Archived