Glory Points Reset & Seasons

Cyan

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Interesting. How can someone magically  DPS a gate without being touched by the other faction? I still haven't figured out how, when they're as significant number of the other faction standing between me and said gate. Someone they seem to want to hit me. Waving at them them and saying "hey I just want to hit your gate" does no good. Same goes when I walk into their fort, someone they keep trying to stop me when I hit their deity..my friends in my faction too. Strange huh? Same with those artis, that other faction just won't let me pop mutation no matter how friendly we are. They just persist in wanting to pop it for themselves! Funny, you'd think it was important or something.

It's not a matter of not being touched or be touched, the point is that it's not your goal to pvp the other faction, your goal is to kill pve mobs. Therefore you are rewarded for killing the mob. It's the nature of every pvpve game. It's the same thing when you try to do your weekly quests. You might find some pvp, and be forced to it, but your goal is not the pvp, your goal is to complete the quests. Not a very hard concpt to understand.

By the way, your info about resets is not correct- EC actually gave the ability to reset just as PVE instances with GP in a mini patch. Various regions optionally disabled this via their configuration. Please do your research.

What ? What is EC ?

14 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I guess EK Asmos don't have to worry about the other faction in sieges. :|

Actually, I have an ely in EK too...

2 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

It was a typo, however not so hard to understand really- EC - otherwise known as Evergale Canyon. As coded by Korea in a mini-patch you could actually P2W to rank via resets. 

Regardless they are not doing that currently in any region I think. IF any region wants that, and other instances to reward GP, they could anyway implement that easily, having the code ready or not. I don't see any indication that they will do that here. We already have the necessity of prestige to earn GP, which is not a good idea, but kinda necessary, and I think it's somewhat acceptable, because the amount of extra GP you get is limited, and it doesn't affect other rewards.

20 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

As to your points about being "given" a fortress and the politics of it.. that's been in the game since the very beginning. This is a political game. It's a social game. It's a multiplayer game. You tick enough people off and you are screwed. Awarding a fortress in a legion's name was a great way of assuring that legion's participation in sieges and was also a great reward for a legion who was doing something thankless (which also gave them less actual reward!).. like PvPing or popping artifacts. I have always run sieging legions. I have been part of leadership. You speak like that was like a group of dictators on high tossing crumbs to the masses or handing out fort takes as a way to get into some girl's e-pants. That's so laughable and so far from the truth. But if you haven't experienced it and you are looking from the outside, I can see where you might think those things are true. 

The current state of the game is because it was unfair and allowed people to take advantage of the liberty to be tyrants in the game. Back in the days were holding a fortress actually DID matter to the faction and the legion who owned the fortress got benefits. You didn't play in my server Siel to know then I guess. I love how some legions during 6.2+ demanded from Incoming legion to be handed the fortress to them because they also wanted it and because "you always get it, don't be selfish", and then Incoming tried to give it to them and couldn't. The only way other legions could get the fortress is for Incoming not to go to siege (and thus we lose because they are the power of the siege) or "GIT GUD" and be better than incoming and do more contribution than them. Right now NOBODY can complain one legion continuously gets the fotress, because with the current system, they actually deserve it.

Having played through all the variations of Aion sieges, I am finding this one to be the most selfish. The way GP is earned this patch breeds selfish behavior. Sieges are the only way to earn GP, which isn't a bad idea. PvE weighs heavier than PvP, which isn't new and has always been troubling. Extra GP is awarded from killing the limited number of guards, which is a horrible idea as it has people running in to snag guards to the detriment of the faction and their success at taking a fort. Being solo is even more rewarding than it has been in the past.

This is the least pve friendly GP acquisition ever, and the least afk friendly, it is only in siege and there are enemies of the whole enemy faction there fighting you while you have to kill dux and guards. 

The more solo people you have, the less coordinated you are.. unless you have strong leaders using banana chat. BUT.. next week banana chat will not be held by those veterans who have had transform and run sieges for years and years (and have usually learned a thing or two about tactics), but by whoever can out PvE everyone else. AND.. that will change every month. No time to even grow into the rolls as leader! It's puzzling how anyone sees this as a positive change.

Right now siege is nothing but an event race for mats and rank, owning a fortress isn't benefiting the faction at all, except the legion who rightfully got it from doing the most dps on dux (they have some npc that sells them items with legion coins in insane prices). There are no artifacts worth popping now to win the battle except on Divine which actually do something and that siege lasts 5~10m even on dead servers because it is a pve-only race, you do not claim the fortress from the enemies, but always re-capture it from balaur.

When a siege gives you no benefits of owning the fortress why do people act as if they "care for the faction"? There is nothing you can win more about taking a fortress. And it is the same for everyone. You want more power to fortresses like in the past, lets suggest this.

Discipline Arenas Ranks, Harmony Arena ranks, GP acquisition per month, Ranking system... these all are based on a monthly race. Whoever wants to race on it, can do so.

next week banana chat will not be held by those veterans who have had transform and run sieges for years and years

Those poor veterans won't know how to dps some guards now because all veterans focus on how to benefit the faction in a siege that doesn't benefit the faction at all. That is some virtue signaling from a to z there!

The only ones that WILL lose the rank are those that stood immobile on the walls while leeching contribution to keep their rank, those are also who stayed afk during coalition and everyone in high ranks now got a ton of GP from pve means as well because it was possible in the past. Whoever is there and attacks people and guards will be going upwards. Killing guards takes literally 1~2 seconds because they die so easily from the amount of people and forcing yourself to the other side to get more guards means you need to run through the enemy faction in your way. It effectively makes the whole fortress siegable now, you don't just run into the dux and kill it for GP, you care to go claim the whole fortress killing ALL guards while you face the enemy faction attacking you.

The more I think of it, the better it is. Spread your whole attacking faction in the whole fortress to kill all guards and kill dux last (Dux spawnes much later). This is pvp everywhere fighting for pve resources. It is simply amazing.

If a soloer can survive better than a group of dps+buffers+healers then I guess the group does something totally wrong.
If 6-people in a group attack 1 guard and a soloer does more dmg to that guard... then some people really need to rethink what they are doing wrong.

The more I think of it, the better it is. Spread your whole attacking faction in the whole fortress to kill all guards and kill dux last (Dux spawnes much later). This is pvp everywhere fighting for pve resources. It is simply amazing.

That is sort of what happens. Look at this video:

If a soloer can survive better than a group of dps+buffers+healers then I guess the group does something totally wrong.
If 6-people in a group attack 1 guard and a soloer does more dmg to that guard... then some people really need to rethink what they are doing wrong.

I don't think it's simply a matter of damage. PPl think that if you are in group or alliance simply your contribution is distributed equally between members, but I think that if you are in group or alliance there there might be some sort of multiplier that acts giving solo people an advantage. Solo I always get 300 GP, but despite gaining the same AP and exp in an alliance, I always get less than that when I`m grouped.

13 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Well, I don't need to assume, many people with high rank had p2w. And they won't introduce resets, because that's the way it is now in Korea. Nothing but siege will reward GP.

Yeah, after all we been through, forts going to the legion who do the most dps, THIS is going to kill the game. Reasonable.

This made me  giggle,like really?You're so sure that Ncwest gonna follow korea? Heck yeah,'aight man dream on.if only we followed korea there  wouldn't be a lot  of mess   patch after patch.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

owning a fortress isn't benefiting the faction at all, except the legion who rightfully got it from doing the most dps on dux (they have some npc that sells them items with legion coins in insane prices).

There is only one item you can buy if your legion owns the Lakrum fortress: a bag with 1 enchantment stone (either gold or purple). Price is a bit high, but the rate on getting purple stones is pretty decent. I bought 4 bags this week and 2 of them were purple stones. A couple weeks ago, I bought 5 and 2 of those were purple stones also. Besides, there's nothing else to spend those legion coins on anyway. All of the legion coin npc purchases in Panda/Sanctum are useless, especially since the mount is no longer permanent.

eR1dDaJ.jpg

2 hours ago, 2s346B13-DN said:

This made me  giggle,like really?You're so sure that Ncwest gonna follow korea? Heck yeah,'aight man dream on.if only we followed korea there  wouldn't be a lot  of mess   patch after patch.

If they simply followed, the game would be simply more p2w, with fragments of fighting, legendary pvp stones, daevanion skills, special potions  and kinah obtained directly trhough real money. Isn't what they do here.

47 minutes ago, Hellish-DN said:

@Cyan can we get an update on this? This change is supposed to come tomorrow but we have no additional updates on how GP will be gained in the future etc.

I don't think there are more ways to get GP aside from guards giving GP now.

We are getting the same reset that KR got and the same reset EU got -except- we don't know what (or even if!) changes will be made to the Gold Sands Shop. The other regions had generous items that people could purchase from that shop with all the gold bars they will be getting in exchange for losing their GP. We've got "we are looking at it". 

Any hope that all this was looked at before today and will be in the update tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

I don't think there are more ways to get GP aside from guards giving GP now.

We are getting the same reset that KR got and the same reset EU got -except- we don't know what (or even if!) changes will be made to the Gold Sands Shop. The other regions had generous items that people could purchase from that shop with all the gold bars they will be getting in exchange for losing their GP. We've got "we are looking at it". 

Any hope that all this was looked at before today and will be in the update tomorrow?

Was basing it on this line:

On 4/10/2019 at 7:28 PM, Cyan said:

There will also be additional ways to earn GP from battlefield instances and new quests.

Why are people upset that they are adding a money generating system into the game. You can not maintain a game for free and alot either play truly free or only buy prestige. Come on now...basically those that actually do reset hard and fund the game we should thank because they are helping keep the lights on at the company so us casual players or truly free to play players can continue to login. We request immediate fixes and attention to issues and expect this while not financially contributing to the company. Really?!? Resetting monthly means players that do P2W (thank you all for helping keep the game alive sincerely) consistently have to contribute to the game. Power to you NCSoft....carry on.

31 minutes ago, SneakAttack-DN said:

Why are people upset that they are adding a money generating system into the game. You can not maintain a game for free and alot either play truly free or only buy prestige. Come on now...basically those that actually do reset hard and fund the game we should thank because they are helping keep the lights on at the company so us casual players or truly free to play players can continue to login. We request immediate fixes and attention to issues and expect this while not financially contributing to the company. Really?!? Resetting monthly means players that do P2W (thank you all for helping keep the game alive sincerely) consistently have to contribute to the game. Power to you NCSoft....carry on.

This is hilarious. There are other ways of generating income, which people have been asking for- purely cosmetic or quality of life items that are not P2W such mounts, skins, storage items, housing items, etc that can go on the BCM. None of them impact  the game balance but do “keep the lights on”.

The fact that no other region has implemented this monthly reset for rank transforms with unlimited P2W instances should clue you in that it’s a BAD idea for the community.

Anyone find something to spend their ingots on by the way? @Hime any chance you’ll weigh in on the odds of the gold I got shop getting an an update?

Just now, Mytek-DN said:

They don't care about the community, that should be obvious.  EAwest just wants your money and pay for rank is easy money.

Pay for your rank every month!

I am trying to see some sort of positive or mitigation in this and I am struggling. EBOnline was bad, but you didn't get all that much GP compared to what you could get at sieges -and- it took time. You had to get 23 other people (at the height of the mania) and you had to wait for the camp to flip and often PvP before going in and the instance took time. We don't know how much GP ID and IB will give compared to sieges, so that might be alright. (I wonder if there is any GP is you lose?) But the instances are pretty short. ID is only a few times a week but IB is every day and takes -zero- gear.

Blah.

2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

This is hilarious. There are other ways of generating income, which people have been asking for- purely cosmetic or quality of life items that are not P2W such mounts, skins, storage items, housing items, etc that can go on the BCM. None of them impact  the game balance but do “keep the lights on”.

The fact that no other region has implemented this monthly reset for rank transforms with unlimited P2W instances should clue you in that it’s a BAD idea for the community.

Anyone find something to spend their ingots on by the way? @Hime any chance you’ll weigh in on the odds of the gold I got shop getting an an update?

Hime hasne't been on this forum in 4 months you can find her on BnS forums tho.

This thread has been running since Cyan posted it on April 11th and he has NOT ONCE had the courtesy to answer a single query or concern voiced by the players. This is one of the reasons why, after 10 years, I finally quit playing Aion. NCS care nothing for their player base except how much money they can squeeze out of them. The moderators on the forums only seem capable of copy/pasting information fed to them by the Dev team and leave it to the players to try and work out exactly what the impact to gameplay might be.

I thought after ten years of playing Aion on an almost daily basis that it would be hard to quit, sadly it has been easier than I thought it would, MUCH easier! Aion is just a shadow of the game it used to be, by no means perfect but it was fun, every major patch took away some things we loved but gave us other things we learned to love. In my opinion the 6.0 patch has taken away almost everything that made Aion fun to play and given virtually nothing in return, taking away hard earned GP/rank and replacing it with useless gold ingots is just one more nail in the coffin. I am glad I didn't stick around for the funeral! 

I love the monthly reset because it is the right thing to do. I was hoping arenas would give GP. Or maybe only sieges and be it. Arenas would be more reasonable to give GP than luna resetting instances, it is pure pvp and something could be done to avoid people timing themselves with their alts to always win.

If there are people willing to pay a ton of money to be on top ranks every month then I guess their pockets will be full of money and NCSoft will be happy.

Monthly reset of ranks = best decision ever
Luna resets for GP = wrong

@Cyan

27 minutes ago, Auquin-DN said:

Bring back old Arena of Tenacity and group arena of Tenacity.  Make it the only way GP is available... PVP WILL RISE AGAIN

Arenas should give GP and  they should have a slightly smaller window to play so people cannot pre-plan those to team with their own alts.

Maybe make them pop every 5 minutes sharply for everyone.
Example,
whoever applies from  12:00:00 to 12:04:59 would get a pop at 12:05:00
whoever applies from  12:05:00 to 12:09:59 would get a pop at 12:10:00
...and so on

this way everyone would get a pop at the same time and within these 5 minutes enough people will apply so the system can decide who gets with whom based on the points already existing.

Archived