Roll back

GenericUser5944

Can we just get the game rolled back to 4.5.... that is probably the most fun i ever had playing this game. and i bet if you made a 4.5 server all the old players will return. 4.5 aion was so fun.... now its just blah...run your instances and wait until next Wednesday for reset. and there was always pvp. if u didnt want to pvp you could easily avoid it. and BM gear was basic but at least you could slightly hold your own against better geared players. 

1 hour ago, Vireza-KT said:

Or you could just go and play on a private server instead of trying to decide for everyone else.

Great idea! Nothing like stealing the art, music and talent of the artists, voice actors and musicians without paying them a penny for their work!

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Great idea! Nothing like stealing the art, music and talent of the artists, voice actors and musicians without paying them a penny for their work!

So what's the difference between them and say those who play retail without spending a penny, princess? Hmm?

4 hours ago, Vireza-KT said:

Or you could just go and play on a private server instead of trying to decide for everyone else.

Yes. Because all we need right now is to ask people to leave! What a genius.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

IKR. Private servers are rubbish.

1 minute ago, 17s926F-KT said:

So what's the difference between them and say those who play retail without spending a penny, princess? Hmm?

Well, maybe not directly, but I bet you they have bought BCM things with kinah, and for that to happen someone else bought things with real cash, so, yeah. Your argument is invalid.

Just now, 17s926F-KT said:

The difference, Sunshine, is that the artists are still getting paid even if you don't pay a dime for the game. They were paid for their work by the owners of the game. That's why things are more expensive. The retail game paid for the game. Paid everyone involved. It's like walking into a store and getting a free sample and then deciding not to pay for more. The person that made the item was paid by the store owner for their product.. even the sample that I ate. Now imagine walking to that same store, tasting the sample and then loading up your cart with all the product and walking out. Better yet.. taking that product right outside and charging passersby half the price than the store did for that product. It just isn't yours to sell! You didn't pay the people that made it.

It's really weird that people don't seem to understand that.

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Technically speaking, NC is not earning any money with the music and maps they already removed from the game.

25 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

The difference, Sunshine, is that the artists are still getting paid even if you don't pay a dime for the game. They were paid for their work by the owners of the game. That's why things are more expensive. The retail game paid for the game. Paid everyone involved. It's like walking into a store and getting a free sample and then deciding not to pay for more. The person that made the item was paid by the store owner for their product.. even the sample that I ate. Now imagine walking to that same store, tasting the sample and then loading up your cart with all the product and walking out. Better yet.. taking that product right outside and charging passersby half the price than the store did for that product. It just isn't yours to sell! You didn't pay the people that made it.

Its even weirder that you try to use this as an argument for your case. There are huge flaws that favor the other side of the argument.

Example: The moment you leave that store with out paying the security that the company is paying for will have you reported to the police or they will detain you as you walk out the store with out paying for said product. This is effort put in by the store owner to combat their products they paid for being stolen. 

On the other hand lets hear one thing NCsoft/west are doing to stop their product from being stolen to keep its community here on the official servers? 

17 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Its even weirder that you try to use this as an argument for your case. There are huge flaws that favor the other side of the argument.

Example: The moment you leave that store with out paying the security that the company is paying for will have you reported to the police or they will detain you as you walk out the store with out paying for said product. This is effort put in by the store owner to combat their products they paid for being stolen. 

On the other hand lets hear one thing NCsoft/west are doing to stop their product from being stolen to keep its community here on the official servers? 

So you are saying it's alright to take and sell something you neither created, paid those that did create or have any rights to whatsoever because no one called the police on you? That's brilliant.

I know a lot of people that post their artwork on sites like Deviantart and boy-howdy do they get testy if someone uses their work without their permission and/or compensation. Yet we've got gamers all over who think stealing and profiting from the work of gaming companies (and they artists they employ) is juuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine. Now why is that?

37 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Technically speaking, NC is not earning any money with the music and maps they already removed from the game.

That's true. But they paid for it just the same, didn't they?

Not sure if they pay royalties on art and music that they use in game. I would think that if they did, the royalties stopped when those things were removed. That artwork and music would then belong again solely to the artists.. and it would still be wrong to use it without compensation or permission. If they don't pay royalties and instead commissioned the art and music, then even when they are not used in game they are the sole property of the developer. Either way.. those artists' work does not belong to any Tom, nyerk or Harry that can steal it.

If I have a swingset in my backyard that I paid someone to build but I don't use that swingset any more.. can anyone just come into my yard and take it? Is it still mine even if I am not using it?

12 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

So you are saying it's alright to take and sell something you neither created, paid those that did create or have any rights to whatsoever because no one called the police on you? That's brilliant.

I know a lot of people that post their artwork on sites like Deviantart and boy-howdy do they get testy if someone uses their work without their permission and/or compensation. Yet we've got gamers all over who think stealing and profiting from the work of gaming companies (and they artists they employ) is juuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine. Now why is that?

Where in my post did i say it is alright to do such things?

It does not matter if it is right or wrong. If it was possible for everyone to just walk out of a store with anything they wanted you think anyone would pay? People would grow up being taught that you can just take it out of the store when ever you want. The only reason this does not happen is due to the efforts made by the company to enforce or help uphold the law and protect their investments at the same time.

Again what are NCsoft/West doing to protect their product? 

But we are taught not to take things that aren't ours from the time when we are little. And yet for some odd reason many gamers believe that it is fine to steal from gaming companies and those they employ. That's my point, Healing. In all other instances, including using images from sites like Deviantart, gamers know that it isn't right to steal. But give them a stolen/pirated copy of a game and they toss money at the thieves and believe that there is nothing wrong with profiting from something that they don't own.

What do gaming companies do to protect their products? They encrypt much of it. The pirates break that encryption. Then again, if I put a flimsy lock on my front door, is it alright for a thief to break in and take my stuff? Is it not stealing just because I did a poor job of securing my stuff? 

I have no idea why gaming companies (Aion is hardly the only pirated game out there) don't do more to stop theft of their property or why they don't prosecute those that steal their intellectual property. That doesn't make the stealing okay.

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Cupcake, I'm afraid that you completely missed the point.  There is no difference between players who play recreationally on private servers than those who play on retail and don't buy into BCM. They both, regardless of servers are just playing the game. Even if they use kinah to buy BCM items, it's ignorant for you to immediately assume that those transactions are directly impacting the developers, artists, etc. in Korea. You have no idea what the behind-the-scenes relationship that goes on between NCWest and NCsot is as publisher and developer when it comes to transactions, and neither does anyone else. And by the way, your hypocrisy is showing. You might want to cover that up hunty. Pre 6.2 if anyone complained about the coming patch on the forums you were the first to tell them to just go play on private servers. So can you stop pretending in taking the moral high ground? You have indicated in posts pre 6.2 that if someone didn't want to play retail due to the changes, then they were welcome to play on one of the private servers. 

Your point has nothing to do with mine. My point is that pirated servers are stolen property. That if stealing from the gaming company doesn't bother you, using the art, music and work of the artists without their permission or compensation should bother you. (Keeping in mind that it doesn't matter if someone spends on the game. These artists have contracted with the game company and their work is owned exclusively by that company.) Your point seems to be that the players on pirated servers are the same as players that play on retail and don't buy from the BCM. Okay. Not sure what that has to do with theft.

You have a beef with me. That's fine. You are hardly the first or the last. Most don't hide behind a merge-name, but that's fine, too.

I didn't see the point in posting regarding your point since it had nothing to do with mine and isn't a topic that interests me.

Actually all the artist who made the music, designs, art and all the content are already paid for that and I guess they are not earning aditional money cause we use it. The owner is NCSoft so those servers are stealling from NCSoft and not the artists. Still, IMO, stealling is wrong (but I´ve downloaded some OST from Aion 4.0 :S lol )

Also rolling back to 4.5 or another previous point would be a mess. Probably a lot of gear, and progres we made, will require to be erased and maybe even the toons. That would mean a fresh start for all of us, and I bet most of the people here won´t be happy lossing all the time used (Personally, if something like that happens, I will be really mad and I will get a ban from the forums in few mins due to the content of my post :o ) 

We do not know if NCSoft is taking actions against people who wants to steal the game. We only know about people stealing from BCM. There are some protection software on the market, but usually are more suitable for P2P games, and not an online game. Usually having a MMORPG, that is free to play, should be enought to discourage people from stealling the game. In this moment only Battlenet and Denuvo can really prevent to steal a game. And even Denuvo protections, after few weeks or months, are broken. On the other side the people who pay for those games complain a lot about Denuvo. Their software really affect the performance on the games and in those that should not require internet to be played (like solo games) being online becomes a must. IMO, only crappy games from companies who are trying to sell overprized games without enought development to be even considered in Beta state, need to use things like Denuvo (as example: Jurassic World Evolution or the last Total Wars). 

There are some private-pirate servers with older versions of the game and I guess some people are happy playing there. But even if we do not take into consideration the "illegal" implications on something like that, would be nice to take into consideration that usually on those servers the amount of bugs in quest and features can be so annoying. We had, and still have, some bugs on the official servers and we complain a lot. But as somebody who had experienced the game on those "alternatives" servers (not intentionally), let me tell you that the amount of bugs there is beyond your imagination. And if that is not important to you, you must know that usually those servers only last for some time. If is not profitable to keep them up, they will just erase everything (and a dolphins video will replace the game.... :(... oh. sorry!. just memories... ). Finally, sometimes the owners on those servers decide to make some money by selling top endgame gear in the page. And that could completelly ruin the good things from an old version. 

So,...... at the end.....   is not only about the moral issues if somebody is stealling Aion to make an own server. There are a lot of complications for the players. Aion 6.5 is not the best patch, but is free. We have some bugs but still we can play here. And usually the official servers in MMORPGs tend to live longer. I believe that even if Aion reach an end in the future, NCSoft will just keep 1 server, without updates, for those nostalgic players who want to see their toons sometimes. 

Or, just don't play rubbish games they prey on your wallet. MMORPGs just aren't good anymore. The longer they are out those worse they become, Even the King of MMOs world of warcraft ruined their game with too much bullnyerk. Now they have to make a classic server back when the game was good just so they can get people to play it again. If you enjoy playing games in your downtime. You have a lot better options then this steaming pile of nyerk And about Private servers. Yea, they're full of bugs. But so is the official game, and you can atleast enchant gear much easier. I would say it's more fun on a private server, more people playing who all have equally good gear. Makes it more interesting and fun. You know your game is rubbish when a Private server has 10 times more players than the official server.

9 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

There is an NA private server that has 10 times more players?

I don't even think that super popular Russian one at the height of its heyday had 10x more than NA.

I think people really underestimate how many players (not bots) we have that participate in content (not 100% AFK) in NA.

Archived