Dorinerk's Wardrobe: How It Works

Vantheria-DN

Hello, friends. I have noticed that a lot of people have some misconceptions about how Dorinerk's Wardrobe (aka "the Luna Wardrobe") works -- which isn't surprising because we never received any info or how-to from NCsoft about how to use it properly. If anyone has any additional info to share, please feel free. I hope this will help some of you who might be interested in using it, but unsure of how it works, the costs, etc.

What You Can Put In It

- Skins you buy from the BCM (real money skins), regardless of if you bought them from the BCM yourself or off the broker, were traded them, etc.
- Skins you have crafted -- this includes old Luna skins, old Tailoring skins, and old/new Aetherforging skins
- Armor pieces, both old and new (even ones that are untradeable)

Restrictions/Notes:
- The piece must be in its original skin/appearance -- as in, it will not register in the wardrobe if you have skinned over the original piece of armor. For example, if I try to register a Cradle of Eternity hauberk that actually looks like the Blue Bunny skin, it won't register.
- The piece must be available to skin onto a piece of armor still. For example, if you've already skinned it in the past and it doesn't have anymore uses left to skin it onto other armor pieces, then it won't register.
- You CAN add accessories to the wardrobe including hats, earrings, rings, etc.
- You CAN add wings to the wardrobe.
- You CANNOT add weapons to the wardrobe. (Sorry, no multiple use Pure Void weapons!)

See examples below of things I have been able to successfully register to the wardrobe:

8Ez3RTt.jpg

tzY7ZJ7.png

pFwGE7E.jpg

How To Skin A Registered Item Onto Your Gear

Next, you will select the outfit that you want to use -- the final skin you want to see on your piece of gear.

M53DcrM.jpg

Then, you will select the piece of gear you want to skin the above piece onto. Note, the piece of gear must be in your inventory, not on your character.

fiTCTIC.jpg

How Much Luna Everything Costs

To open up a wardrobe slot to store a skin, it will cost you 96 Luna.

QL4q8lN.jpg

The FIRST time you use that skin on a piece of gear, it will NOT cost you any Luna.

5tXHq0t.jpg

In the future, if you use that skin again (a 2nd time or however many times you want), it will cost you 96 Luna again each time you use it.

WIzHj55.jpg

Additional Notes

- You will only get 8 slots for skins. Once you open up all 8, more slots do NOT appear. Unfortunately.

- Once you register a skin to your wardrobe, it will disappear from your inventory. In other words, you cannot register a skin to your wardrobe and then turn around and list the original skin on the broker.

- If you decide to remove a wardrobe skin from your piece of gear, you cannot remove it via the normal Modify Appearance function on the gear itself. You must come back into the wardrobe and use the Remove Outfit tab. It does NOT cost any Luna to do this.

6d1h3hn.jpg

nice post. usefull info for players who want to use some skins more than once. :) 

In my experience I saw that not every skin is available for this. It seems that they forgot to add some old or occasional skins. I was never able to put my snowflake shield there ( I do not remember the name now, but it looks like an snowflake. It is an item that was sold on some winters). Maybe the reasson for some of those skins could be that not all of them used to be white named. That shield is blue named (Heroic).

1 hour ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

I was never able to put my snowflake shield there

You cannot add shields to the wardrobe as those qualify as weapons. I have tested this on both "gear" shields (ones with stats, such as a mythic shield from Sauro Supply Base) as well as "skin" shields, such as the fluffy white rabbit one. It's unfortunate! :(

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Dayum! does your Incandescent Blow gets the skill boost?

Lol no, but that would be nice!

5 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I just find it to be a ripoff that you need to pay almost a $1 to use a skin again each time.

I agree. :( NCsoft why you so greedyyyyyyy

• 3 months later...

thanks for the detailed notes!  super-late to this conversation, but hope you're still reading this...

can you remove a skin from the wardrobe?  i've just been playing around with it today and i can't seem to get rid of things i've registered, even though you supposedly can per the inaccurate How-To info.

10 hours ago, Princeps-DN said:

thanks for the detailed notes!  super-late to this conversation, but hope you're still reading this...

can you remove a skin from the wardrobe?  i've just been playing around with it today and i can't seem to get rid of things i've registered, even though you supposedly can per the inaccurate How-To info.

gMsfqY9.png

You can click the little arrow to replace current skin/armor with another one, but you will not get the previous one back in your inventory, it's gone forever.

• 4 months later...

Also items that do not have this: "can only be used for remodeling once" they cannot be put into wardrobe.

I have some helmets that I made with handicrafting back before 6.2 and since they are now removed forever, I wanted to wardrobe those, but it wouldn't let me because the item that got skinned with it, can skin another item so theoretically the skin isn't lost. But sadly upgrading your pvp gear resets the appearance so it removes the old skin.

On 11/30/2019 at 10:42 PM, Aroch-DN said:

Small detail: before register new skin it's should be with default color, so remove dye if you painted it before.

I'd like to confirm some things.
Can you register a dyed skin ?
And then, if you register it, can you dye it ?
And then, if you registered and dyed it, and then use the "remove dye" function, does it go back to the original skin's basic dye color, or to the color you registered it with ?

Just don't want to spend more dyes than necessary. c:

31 minutes ago, Capa-KT said:

I'd like to confirm some things.
Can you register a dyed skin ?
And then, if you register it, can you dye it ?
And then, if you registered and dyed it, and then use the "remove dye" function, does it go back to the original skin's basic dye color, or to the color you registered it with ?

Just don't want to spend more dyes than necessary. c:

You can't register a dyed item. If the piece is dyed, you have to remove the dye before registering it. You can dye the gear piece after applying the registered skin to it if the skin is dyeable. 

25 minutes ago, Afterglow-KT said:

You can't register a dyed item. If the piece is dyed, you have to remove the dye before registering it. You can dye the gear piece after applying the registered skin to it if the skin is dyeable. 

Perfect, thank you.

The shield thing kinda upsets me a bit.  Shields have gone from weapons to armor and apparently back to weapons?  Shields seem to be the hardest thing to find a decent skin for.  I just used a skin that Ive wanted to show off for soooo long.  Would really rather have it in luna to use more than once, but I can keep hoping they introduce them into BCM and I can buy another someday...

6 hours ago, Amarah-KT said:

The shield thing kinda upsets me a bit.  Shields have gone from weapons to armor and apparently back to weapons?  Shields seem to be the hardest thing to find a decent skin for.  I just used a skin that Ive wanted to show off for soooo long.  Would really rather have it in luna to use more than once, but I can keep hoping they introduce them into BCM and I can buy another someday...

Yeah, I agree! One of my favorite shields is the Sophisticated Frigida skin which is, of course, not something obtainable in game anymore since we don't have the Sunday night Panda/Sanctum siege anymore. I had finally just used the shield because obviously I'm not going to just never use things lol. However, when I got a new shield, I was very sad to know I'll never have that shield skin again. :( Ah well.

5 minutes ago, Azeriah-KT said:

Is there a way to "hide" the appearance of a registered item in the wardrobe? For instance, what if I register a hat but have another hat in my inventory that I would like to equip from time to time? Am I unable to toggle the appearance?

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding, but I'm seeing a few possible scenarios of what you're trying to ask about. Can you clarify?

Scenario 1: You have Hat A registered in your Luna wardrobe currently. However, you would actually prefer to have Hat B in its place instead because you don't care about Hat A anymore (or whatever). You would like to replace Hat A with Hat B in the Luna wardrobe. If this is the case, you can remove Hat A from the Luna wardrobe. See this explanation:

On 7/26/2019 at 7:22 AM, Liiny-DN said:

gMsfqY9.png

You can click the little arrow to replace current skin/armor with another one, but you will not get the previous one back in your inventory, it's gone forever.

Scenario 2: You have skinned Hat A onto a piece of gear. However, you don't always like to see it on your toon and would like to hide it from your character's body and let Hat B show instead. If this is the case, you can't have two skins on one piece of gear.

Scenario 3: You have Hat A registered in your Luna wardrobe, but you don't actually want to skin it onto a piece of gear because you don't always want to see it on your character. If this is the case, I would recommend just skinning it onto the piece of gear and then just use the "hide hat" checkbox in your profile window whenever you don't want to see Hat A.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding, but I'm seeing a few possible scenarios of what you're trying to ask about. Can you clarify?

lol, I am so sorry for the confusion! I was racking my brain to find the easiest and clearest way to explain myself, but apparently I didn't succeed.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Scenario 3: You have Hat A registered in your Luna wardrobe, but you don't actually want to skin it onto a piece of gear because you don't always want to see it on your character. If this is the case, I would recommend just skinning it onto the piece of gear and then just use the "hide hat" checkbox in your profile window whenever you don't want to see Hat A.

Yes, this is exactly what I was asking about. I have one of those hair appearance-changing "hats" (for example: Two-toned Bob) that I wanted to register in the wardrobe as is, rather than skinning it on a piece of gear. However, if I register that hat, will I be unable to see the appearance of any other hat I equip normally through the character profile window?

I have a feeling I would be better off not registering the hat at all and skinning it as you suggested, or simply wearing it as is.

55 minutes ago, Azeriah-KT said:

Yes, this is exactly what I was asking about. I have one of those hair appearance-changing "hats" (for example: Two-toned Bob) that I wanted to register in the wardrobe as is, rather than skinning it on a piece of gear. However, if I register that hat, will I be unable to see the appearance of any other hat I equip normally through the character profile window?

I have a feeling I would be better off not registering the hat at all and skinning it as you suggested, or simply wearing it as is.

Ahh I see. The Two-Toned Bob and other similar hair pieces are actually hats. Like, you can't have the Two-Toned Bob AND a crown at the same time, if that makes sense. The piece of gear will only show one or the other. As I understand it, you like the Two-Toned Bob (or whatever), but you don't ALWAYS want to see it on your toon. Maybe some other times you want to see a crown or a different kind of hat. Unfortunately, once the Two-Toned Bob is skinned onto the piece of gear, that is all you will see *while wearing that piece of gear*. If you want to see a different hat, you would have to remove that piece of gear and then just wear the other hat. Hopefully I'm understanding you correctly now lol.

The Luna wardrobe is still useful if you want to be able to skin the Two-Toned Bob multiple times, BUT I would not recommend doing this because it will cost you Luna every time you do it (except the very first time). So if you wanted to change back and forth between the Two-Toned Bob and a crown hat every other day, it would cost a lot of real money.

Archived