How to Gear Progression?

2s7DECE-DN

So hit 80, using the lakrum gear, i'm so confused on how to progress from there onwards. Lots of outdated info around, me and my friends are totally lost, we don't know what to do except for clearing dungeons which prolly takes 10% of the gameplay due to the insane weekly lockouts.

Would appreciate a veteran to explain to us the best gear progression routes for PvE and PvP. Also a rundown on new systems like minions, transformation contracts, titles, pets, stigmas, enchantments, purifying etc. And theres the upcoming patch 7.0 too. Theres so much stuff we're not sure how and where to start. Really appreciate any help, thanks!!!

For PVE:

Mirash/Cradle of Eternity > Frozen Monolith/Bastion of Souls > Infernal Drakenspire Depths/ Primeth's Forge.

Herelym Mine is mostly for AP farm. Veilenthrone is a 18-man instance.

For PvP:

Talk to NPCs in Lakrum at your base, they sell Vindicator gear. You upgrade this to the next grade with mats and AP until you get Ultimate (best in game as of current patch). Don't worry about 7.0 for now, it'll come next year.

For PvP equipment upgrading you need:

• AP
    • Herelym Mine / Hererim Mine
    • PvP battlefield instances
  • Legendary Ridium
    • Herelym Mine / Hererim Mine
    • PvP battlefield instances
  • Enchantment Stones
    • Genesis Crystal
      • Camps
      • Weekly Hunting Quests
    • EXP for Bobonerk coins for morphing high grade stones
      • Weekly Hunting Quests
      • Daily Luna
      • Mirash
      • Cradle of Eternity / Garden of Knowledge
  • Fighting Spirit Fragments
    • Extract from PvP Gear Aetherforging failures
      • Guiding / Malleability Stones
        • Open world farming

Is Pandora gear worth doing?

Had some vet players recommend doing that, its supposedly easier but i'm skeptical as i'm using the most basic starter endgame gear with no points in gathering and crafting.

Also i realized gear is now separated into PvE and PvP gear, can PvP gear be used effectively in PvE content like for dailies and easier dungeons? And vice versa(PvE gear for PvP content)?

Having to farm 2 sets is kinda daunting, if PvP gear is viable for PvE then i might as well farm PvP gear.

We're a trio of Chanter, Cleric and Spiritmaster, just a fyi.

Btw, where do we farm Daevanion Skills? I got a shugo spawn in CoE that gave the box but had to be rolled between 3 peeps, moreover the Shugo spawn is so rare, any other reliable places to farm them? 

Thank you for all the replies!!!

Glad Aion has a good community.

If you don't have crafting leveled (gathering isn't too difficult to level from 1-40, anyway), it's going to take you ~5 weeks to get the legendary PvE pandora gear. With both leveled, it takes 2-3 days, depending on how hardcore you are. It's pricey to level crafting, even right now with the crafting buff. :( You're better served getting the CoE gear or, god forbid, the genesis crystal PvE gear (the NPCs across from the PvP armor NPCs) if CoE is being a big nyerk. Then run Bastion of Souls and Frozen Monolith for legendary gear.

PvP gear is not good for PvE and vice versa.

You can craft one legendary daevanion skill a week using 100 genesis crystals and 6 marks of knowledge(?) that you buy for a total of 480k AP from a vendor in Lakrum. Otherwise, pray for the shugo in instances. The non-troll shugo.

But Herelym Mine is EZ AP, especially with the buff available from the Rainbow Snake buff NPCs, so pick up that buff and run that instance until you're out of entries. Not sure which lane (1 person, 3 person, 6 person) is the best return. I do the 6 person lane as a 2 man group, lol.

Transformation contracts can be bought on the real money shop, dropped from final bosses in instances, and bought for 9.9mil kinah (once a week). Some events give out contracts, too. They're what give you run/attack/cast speed buffs + other stats. You want an ancient-grade or better. I finally got super lucky and got an ancient (for my class, even!) from a contract from CoE the other day, lol. The scrolls for actually transforming are purchasable on the gold sand traders, or you can RNG-get 20 from the luna daily instance if Aion's love smiles upon you. Transparent scrolls (so you don't look nyerking ugly) are pretty much real money limited because NCsoft freaking sucks, but you can also get them from events, for overpriced on the gold sand traders shop, and from the luna daily instance every 7 runs.

And that's all I can type up right now. .-. The game, while simplified from what it used to be, is still stupid massive to explain.

19 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

PvP gear is not good for PvE and vice versa.

What matters is the sum of:

• Physical classes:
    • In PvE: Physical Attack + PvE Attack, Physical Defense + PvE Defense
    • In PvP: Physical Attack + PvP Attack, Physical Defense + PvP Defense
  • Magic classes:
    • In PvE: Magical Attack + PvE Attack, Magical Defense + PvE Defense
    • In PvP: Magical Attack + PvP Attack, Magical Defense + PvP Defense

For example, a PvE ultimate gear is still better than +15 PvE ancient gear, due to the sum of the base + PvE/PvP stats.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:31 AM, 2s7DECE-DN said:

Having to farm 2 sets is kinda daunting, if PvP gear is viable for PvE then i might as well farm PvP gear.

Getting purple pve gear is honestly not that hard anymore. It used to be because only one purple piece dropped per FM/BoS, but now two pieces drop every run. So it's not too difficult anymore. Also, two of the three of you will have it easier -- there is almost always only one cleric and one chanter in a group so you won't be rolling against anyone. The spiritmaster, however, will likely be rolling against someone every time as there are usually at least two clothies in every group.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Getting purple pve gear is honestly not that hard anymore. It used to be because only one purple piece dropped per FM/BoS, but now two pieces drop every run. So it's not too difficult anymore. Also, two of the three of you will have it easier -- there is almost always only one cleric and one chanter in a group so you won't be rolling against anyone. The spiritmaster, however, will likely be rolling against someone every time as there are usually at least two clothies in every group.

I would 2 say cloths at most. Anyone who would form a group with 3 cloths needing gear  (i,e armor) is asinine, and when you run BOS if you need a weapon then you'll be rolling for that as well, unless you specify SW. It definitely takes longer for cloth classes.

Just now, Rapier-DN said:

I would 2 say cloths at most. Anyone who would form a group with 3 cloths needing gear  (i,e armor) is asinine, and when you run BOS if you need a weapon then you'll be rolling for that as well, unless you specify SW. It definitely can take  longer for cloth classes. even with double drops, unless your RNG is good. I'd say that more people are gered now, but people want to gear their little alts now for fun.

Thx for all the replies.

The enchantment stones are extremely rare. Are they in any form tradeable? Is it possible to have alt character or alt account to grind those genesis crystals to buy pvp enchantment stones for your main?

Any other way to farm these stones? The weekly cap kills.

Archived