rng rate on Crafted Gear

HeartStrings-DN

Hi @Cyan it seems like since the crafting boost is out on the snakes that the rng rates of success for crafting at least legendary masterwork and ultimate masterwork gear has dropped significantly.  Is that something to be expected?  I realize that the crafting boost is more about leveling up than success rates for masterwork gear.  But I think I'm up to spending about 1.4 billion on mats and scrolls on a single pair of boots for a cleric.  Maybe this should be expected I dunno but it seems a little excessive not that I've gotten my Atherforging up to lvl 300?  The only positive thing in this for me is that I now have thousands of fragments due to all the failures but I'm wondering if the rng is really suppose to be this bad. making 30 or 40 legendary boots to get a legendary masterwork to ultimate masterwork.  Just sayin it would be nice to know or if I'm just so unlucky I should give up crafting all together :-)  I don't know if any others have experience this bad of rng all along or what.

1 hour ago, Sparti-DN said:

I realize that the crafting boost is more about leveling up than success rates for masterwork gear.

It is COMPLETELY about crafting exp. The boost has nothing to do with increasing your chances for procs.

1 hour ago, Sparti-DN said:

it seems a little excessive not that I've gotten my Atherforging up to lvl 300?

Your aetherforging level also has nothing to do with proc rng. My AF is also 300 and I have terrible proc rng.

42 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

It is COMPLETELY about crafting exp. The boost has nothing to do with increasing your chances for procs.

Your aetherforging level also has nothing to do with proc rng. My AF is also 300 and I have terrible proc rng.

Yea I know thanks.. gotta be lvl 300 to even craft ultimate and my only point is that shortly after getting there the proc seemed a lot better than after this event started.

38 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

If your lucky your lucky if your not your not. Personally i am 0/15 on ultimate's while a mate is 7/8 ultimate's. 

Yea I guess for now we are totally not lucky :-)  just seems so horribly random and bad at the moment.

Not to mention the proc rates are so horribly bad for most it sounds like right now based on what I'm hearing.  Certainly you could never expect to make back what you invested in making something in case you wanted to help others who don't craft in your faction.  I guess it's almost near impossible to do anything good with getting either ultimate pvp stones  in a reasonable way or time at least to use on NPC purchased gear.  And then you waste your time getting your crafting level up to realize it's almost pointless. oh well I was hoping for something more like wait until after the event or whatever.  I just wish things here in the game were better for us. 

7 minutes ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

No

Then I'm wondering if the extra chance for estate owners is somehow bugged. I think my proc rate is around 20%, not much different at all than what you show. I know that the sample is small to compare, but it's very weird that is not really noticeable.

Housing (And the Estate / Palace crafting proc buffs) was first introduced in 3.0. Back then only old crafting professions existed back then.

Aetherforging was first introduced in 5.1. It's a totally different system from the previous crafting system. Had no data on 5.0 proc rates. Never knew whether Estate / Palace buffs affect Aetherforging or not.

The 6 old crafting professions were removed in 6.0.

4 minutes ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Housing (And the Estate / Palace crafting proc buffs) was first introduced in 3.0. Back then only old crafting professions existed back then.

Aetherforging was first introduced in 5.1. It's a totally different system from the previous crafting system. Had no data on 5.0 proc rates. Never knew whether Estate / Palace buffs affect Aetherforging or not.

The 6 old crafting professions were removed in 6.0.

Well, it still says in the icon when you own a estate that you have a craft bonus, so, it should affect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 10:23 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Well, it still says in the icon when you own a estate that you have a craft bonus, so, it should affect.

I'm trying to get an estate right now to see if it helps.   Mine is bad and been more down around 5% proc rate which really sucks.   I did open a support ticket on it and got the following response (didn't surprise me) as if they really checked my character too is laughable at best.

GM Son (Aion)

May 2, 10:00 PDT

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a difficult time in Crafting. Crafting is intended to be a challenging task, as it can greatly benefit your character. I understand that the materials can be very expensive, and there is a chance they can fail each time. Upon checking, we have found no issues regarding the crafting chances of your character.

However, if you think that there should be changes made to the game, I recommend posting your thoughts on our forums where they can be viewed by the Development Team and fellow players firsthand. 

You can reach the forums at the following link: http://forums.aiononline.com/

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,

GM Son
NCSOFT Support Team

1 minute ago, HeartStrings-DN said:

I'm trying to get an estate right now to see if it helps.   Mine is bad and been more down around 5% proc rate which really sucks.   I did open a support ticket on it and got the following response (didn't surprise me) as if they really checked my character too is laughable at best.

GM Son (Aion)

May 2, 10:00 PDT

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a difficult time in Crafting. Crafting is intended to be a challenging task, as it can greatly benefit your character. I understand that the materials can be very expensive, and there is a chance they can fail each time. Upon checking, we have found no issues regarding the crafting chances of your character.

However, if you think that there should be changes made to the game, I recommend posting your thoughts on our forums where they can be viewed by the Development Team and fellow players firsthand. 

You can reach the forums at the following link: http://forums.aiononline.com/

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,

GM Son
NCSOFT Support Team

And what's really laughable is how many things in this game don't actually work at all like they are suppose to.  The list is getting really long these days and with it all they become more and more of a joke ... 

On 4/22/2019 at 2:01 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Weird thing for me is that, after I bought a estate, my procs with crafting lowered significantly QQ

This doesn't surprise me either since the Aion Wiki says that owning an estate should create a 5 percent additional success rate on crafted items.  Another trap to spend more in game but because you had enough to buy an estate they figure that they can get more out of you by making your procs low and want you to spend spend spend.   In fact I can hardly thing of anything in this version of the game that even works right.

Just now, HeartStrings-DN said:

This doesn't surprise me either since the Aion Wiki says that owning an estate should create a 5 percent additional success rate on crafted items.  Another trap to spend more in game but because you had enough to buy an estate they figure that they can get more out of you by making your procs low and want you to spend spend spend.   In fact I can hardly thing of anything in this version of the game that even works right.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if soon we wont even be able to login to the game anymore.  Seems like things are actually getting that bad.

It makes sense that the proc rate should be around 25% if you own a estate, especially considering the other rates on AP gear, since they are all 4x for a higher grade.

So, if we look at the case of momomomomomo getting 20%, I should be getting that 25%. But it seems that I get the same thing, around 20%, so either is bugged or it's not supposed to work on aetherforging the same way as "crafting".

AtlorgaurunusToday at 13:14

wanted to know if the 5% craft buff when you have an estate works on the current aetherforming craft.
Or it was just in the old craft system that aion had and was removed.

GM LindiviorToday at 19:30Hello,

Thank you for contacting Aion Game Support Team.

As for your inquiry, the 5% increase chance of getting a greater output when crafting when you have an Estate is still in effect. Hope this clarifies your inquiry.

If you have other questions, please contact us back.

Regards, 

GM Lindivior
NCSOFT Support Team

yes its work 

2 hours ago, Ridik-DN said:

GM LindiviorToday at 19:30Hello,

Thank you for contacting Aion Game Support Team.

As for your inquiry, the 5% increase chance of getting a greater output when crafting when you have an Estate is still in effect. Hope this clarifies your inquiry.

If you have other questions, please contact us back.

Regards, 

GM Lindivior
NCSOFT Support Team

yes its work 

The problem being that support doesn't know anything about this game, if you want sure answers you need to test them all.

Archived