Forums

Ereshkigal Server Consolidation FAQ

Cyan

• Aion Team

Below is an FAQ for the Ereshkigal server consolidation. You can find the official news post here.

FAQ

Q: My character is on Danaria. What happens to me?

• A: Nothing. Characters on Danaria will be unaffected by the server merge, though all servers will need to be down for maintenance on the day of the merge until it is complete.

Q: My character is on Katalam. What happens to me?

• A: Characters on Katalam at the time of the merge will keep their character name and housing. If you have Asmodian and Elyos characters on the same server after the merge, you will be unable to create more characters until only one race is present - the other characters will need to either transfer to another server, or be deleted.

The following Q&A applies to characters on Ereshkigal ONLY:

Q: I can't create a character. What gives?

• A: Character creation on Ereshkigal was disabled during maintenance for accounts that do not already have a character on the server. This will last until the merge.

Q: What happens to my character name?

• A: Character names on Ereshkigal will be randomized, and affected characters will receive a name change ticket. Names are first-come, first-served. Name change tickets will be unavailable from 4/24 until 5/29 to prevent potential abuse.

Q: What happens to my legion name?

• A: Legion names on Ereshkigal will be randomized, and the Brigade General will receive a legion name change ticket. Names are first-come, first-served. Legion name change tickets will be unavailable from 4/24 until 5/29 to prevent potential abuse.

Q: I have non-studio housing. What happens to me?

• A: During the merge, your non-studio housing will be forfeited and you'll be refunded the bid price you purchased it for. Some or all of your deployed furniture may be undeployed during this process (it will still be available for deployment), and you will lose any custom wallpaper or flooring. Additionally, you will receive 250 Guestblooms. Housing auctions will be disabled from maintenance on 4/24/2019 until the merge.

Q: What about housing auction and maintenance fees?

• A: If you had a bid on a house with no previous owner, you will be awarded the house during maintenance on 4/24/2019. If your non-studio housing was in the process of being auctioned during maintenance on 4/24/2019, the auction was canceled with no winner (the housing will be returned to you). You will be refunded your auction fee via in-game mail within one week. Additionally, all non-studio owners will receive enough kinah to cover 5 weeks of maintenance fees. These will be mailed out by Friday 4/26/2019.

Q: I have studio housing. What happens to me?

• A: Studio housing is unaffected by the merge.

Q: What happens to items in my inventory, personal storage, housing storage, and pet storage?

• A: These items (including Kinah) will all transfer to the new server with you. For housing storage that was undeployed due to the switch to studio housing, you will need to redeploy it to access your items.

Q: What happens to items in the account warehouse?

• A: Items in the account warehouse on Ereshkigal will appear in the account warehouse on Katalam. Any overflow will be treated like a normal inventory overflow, where items populate as others are removed (no items will be lost). Account warehouses are race-specific, so Elyos and Asmodian characters on the same account will have separate warehouses if they occupy the same server after the merge.

Q: Does anything happen to my Luna, Black Cloud Coin, unlocked Cubics or Transformations?

• A: Luna and Black Cloud Coin are account-bound currencies and will not be affected. Cubics and Transformations are unlocked account-wide and will not be affected, either.

Q: What happens to my mailbox?

• A: The mailbox and its contents will transfer with the character. Purchased store items on the Black Cloud Deliveries tab will not be affected and can still be claimed by any eligible character on the account.

Q: What happens to my GP and rank?

• A: GP will be unaffected by the merge, however the GP ranks are scheduled to reset as May 22nd marks the end of the GP season. For more information visit here. If there is any change to the server merge date, the ranks will still reset on May 22nd as they are not technically a part of the merge process.

Q: What happens to my Arena of Harmony and GP season progress?

• A: May 22nd is the end of a season, and rewards will already have been distributed by the time maintenance begins. Progress earned during the 2 hours between the season end and the merge maintenance will be lost.

Q: I’d like to transfer some of my characters off Ereshkigal before the merge.

• A: I’d like to transfer some of my characters off Ereshkigal before the merge.
    A: Characters who meet the server transfer requirements will be able to queue for transfer from Ereshkigal to Katalam at no cost from May 1st to May 15th, with the transfers occurring during the maintenances on May 8th and May 15th. Server transfers into Ereshkigal will remain closed, and transfers from Ereshkigal to Danaria or between Danaria and Katalam will remain priced at 1600 NCoin.

Q: Are there any special events or bonuses happening around the server merge?

• A: Characters on Ereshkigal will be able to enjoy the following boosts from today until the day of the merge:
    • +400% XP, +200% Drop, +200% Crafting, and +200% AP
    • A survey with the following items, claimable once per account by level 80 characters.
      • 50x Transformation Contract (62 Types)
      • 1x Ancient Transformation Contract (18 Types)
      • 1x 30-day Prestige Pass
      • 1x Daevanion Skill Box (10 Types)
      • 10x Legendary PvE Enchantment Stones
      • 10x Legendary PvP Enchantment Stones
      • 3x Ultimate PvE Enchantment Stones
      • 3x Ultimate PvP Enchantment Stones
      • 5x Stigma Enchantment Stones
      • 250,000,000 Kinah
      • 250 Gold Ingots
      • 4,000 Luna

After the consolidation is complete, additional boosts will be added to all servers. More details to come.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Superb compensation for 6 month old charcters in a dead server.

0 compensation not even a thank you for veterans that supported the game for years and lost their ranks.

We got gold ingots though... Oh wait, the Gold Ingot Shop is garbage....

I applaud the compensation.  For years everytime the compensated for something we got a lucky vinna or something lame.  Now they do a good package and people gonna be upset.  If read between lines obviously they want to get players back and more players will make the other 2 servers active.  So I will sit here and wait for more woah is me posts qq

22 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Superb compensation for 6 month old charcters in a dead server.

0 compensation not even a thank you for veterans that supported the game for years and lost their ranks.

Well thought out- compensate the alts and the very few new players while ignoring those that supported the game for years, truly well done!

1 minute ago, Liiny-DN said:

Just happy I get to keep my house. The rewards are pretty nice for once.

Of course, but the veterans get spit on their faces and a big middle finger slap across. EK was NCWest baby after all, so I guess it makes sense.

Is it serious? those who have been playing and doing GP for a long time give them gold bars, well, we can do it with gold bullion, one thing, because it is the worst product of the game, the gold bullion shop is simply junk and EK just because they went to play a server that from the day of creation was known that it would not work, you give them good prizes. I remember that when there was a previous merger of servers no award was given to anyone and now, why did they do it? If it's for the team, several of the EKs have better equipment than other servers. What is the ncsoft excuse?

Archived