Forums

Ereshkigal Server Consolidation FAQ

Cyan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Sahmaria-KT said:

If I have a character on EK, that I have not played in a while; and I start leveling that character can I get the survey once I hit level 80? Thank You for your help!

Yes.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Not necessarily. A lot of us are getting close to being done with Ereshkigal cubics. For example, I'm already maxed bronze and silver and am working on my golds. I have legionmates who are closer to being done than I am. So it is like the other cubics -- people will stop going to the Pandora instance as they finish their stuff. They might still pop in occasionally for a chance at manastones, but they won't be lined up at the portals, ready to click right at spawn time.

Most people in the server aren't attempting the new instance yet Pandora is 24/7 full, I doubt this will change when they finish the cubics cause they are mostly interested in the chance of a manastone I guess. But who knows, hopefully you're right.

1 hour ago, Liiny-DN said:

Most people in the server aren't attempting the new instance yet Pandora is 24/7 full, I doubt this will change when they finish the cubics cause they are mostly interested in the chance of a manastone I guess. But who knows, hopefully you're right.

It's possible. For me, personally, I'm only doing Pandora for the cubics (and flowers this week). Once I'm done, I will rarely go in there. The chance for 1 manastone against 47 or 23 other people is too low for my rng.

17 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

How about giving this survey and server buffs to all accounts/servers as compensation for the GP reset. Hell you could give to us as a retroactive compensation for the last server merge. Siel/Tiamat/Israpael/Kahrun/Beritra got nyerk as compensation when we were merged, and we were active for YEARS, not 6 months.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting the server buffs at least. :/ Not sure why we haven't had any since 6.0 came crashing down on us.

18 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

How about giving this survey and server buffs to all accounts/servers as compensation for the GP reset. Hell you could give to us as a retroactive compensation for the last server merge. Siel/Tiamat/Israpael/Kahrun/Beritra got nyerk as compensation when we were merged, and we were active for YEARS, not 6 months.

The point of compensation is that the server has only been around 6 months. 

We havnt had since 4.0 to gather gp, since 1.5 to accumulate kinah/manastones/stigmas/enchantment stones, we don't have an economy/broker with years of inflation baked in because of it. 

None of us have compensation pvp gear from old pvp gear that we also never had. 

We will never be able to 'catch up' to characters that have potentially been on the other servers a decade at this point, so the survey is to attempt to bridge the gap.

It's also why as far as I can recall, similar surveys weren't given out for previous merges, since both/all servers merged had been up since 1.5-2.0.

23 minutes ago, Vice-EK said:

The point of compensation is that the server has only been around 6 months. 

We havnt had since 4.0 to gather gp, since 1.5 to accumulate kinah/manastones/stigmas/enchantment stones, we don't have an economy/broker with years of inflation baked in because of it. 

None of us have compensation pvp gear from old pvp gear that we also never had. 

We will never be able to 'catch up' to characters that have potentially been on the other servers a decade at this point, so the survey is to attempt to bridge the gap.

It's also why as far as I can recall, similar surveys weren't given out for previous merges, since both/all servers merged had been up since 1.5-2.0.

Lol. No. KR was opened when the game went ftp and BR was opened when the game went back to Steam (and then was quickly taken back down). Both long after 2.0. It's true that KR had time to normalize before it was merged, but it also was left hanging for ages with a stunningly low population leaving the people there at a disadvantage when it was merged. BR was at a larger disadvantage when it was merged. The economies alone were so disproportionate that BR and KR players got -killed- kinah-wise in their mergers. Not to mention a server like IS where the Asmodians were underdogs for so so so freaking long that their GP was tiny tiny compared to other servers.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

You didn't have to compete with compensation gear? That actually HELPED you. It was easier for you to get started on the much much better crystal gear while the other servers had a much larger gear gap straight away and the "normal" populations of those servers had a much harder time getting their crystal gear.

You guys are losing your names and your houses. I get that. You should have some compensation for that. But $50 worth of luna? $63 worth of contracts? How exactly did you have less of a chance at luna or contracts that the players on DN and KT? You didn't. PvP stones? PvE stones? You had the same opportunity to get those as everyone else. Same with the Daevian skill. 250 ingots? Lol. Really? How many of the rank and file players on KT and DN got 250 ingots from the deranking? Very very few. A 30 day prestige pack? Seriously? You guys had the same opportunity to spend $20 as the rest of us. The kinah I actually get. That's to help with the economy.. just know that they told other servers when they merged who were coming from crap economies to suck it up. You are the -first- to receive any recognition that you were being inconvenienced. 

You are being overcompensated and this spits in the eye of NCWest's loyal players on DN and KT.

On 24/4/2019 at 0:47 PM, Cyan said:

Q: I’d like to transfer some of my characters off Ereshkigal before the merge.

• A: I’d like to transfer some of my characters off Ereshkigal before the merge.
    A: Characters who meet the server transfer requirements will be able to queue for transfer from Ereshkigal to Katalam at no cost from May 1st to May 15th, with the transfers occurring during the maintenances on May 8th and May 15th. Server transfers into Ereshkigal will remain closed, and transfers from Ereshkigal to Danaria or between Danaria and Katalam will remain priced at 1600 NCoin.

@Cyan Is it normal that your forum post says the transfer is only avaliable to Katalam for free, but your Website announcement says it can be to Katalam or Danaria for free? Can please explain? Because it's kinda contradictory.

unknown.png?width=960&height=677

14 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Lol. No. KR was opened when the game went ftp and BR was opened when the game went back to Steam (and then was quickly taken back down). Both long after 2.0. It's true that KR had time to normalize before it was merged, but it also was left hanging for ages with a stunningly low population leaving the people there at a disadvantage when it was merged. BR was at a larger disadvantage when it was merged. The economies alone were so disproportionate that BR and KR players got -killed- kinah-wise in their mergers. Not to mention a server like IS where the Asmodians were underdogs for so so so freaking long that their GP was tiny tiny compared to other servers.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

You didn't have to compete with compensation gear? That actually HELPED you. It was easier for you to get started on the much much better crystal gear while the other servers had a much larger gear gap straight away and the "normal" populations of those servers had a much harder time getting their crystal gear.

You guys are losing your names and your houses. I get that. You should have some compensation for that. But $50 worth of luna? $63 worth of contracts? How exactly did you have less of a chance at luna or contracts that the players on DN and KT? You didn't. PvP stones? PvE stones? You had the same opportunity to get those as everyone else. Same with the Daevian skill. 250 ingots? Lol. Really? How many of the rank and file players on KT and DN got 250 ingots from the deranking? Very very few. A 30 day prestige pack? Seriously? You guys had the same opportunity to spend $20 as the rest of us. The kinah I actually get. That's to help with the economy.. just know that they told other servers when they merged who were coming from crap economies to suck it up. You are the -first- to receive any recognition that you were being inconvenienced. 

You are being overcompensated and this spits in the eye of NCWest's loyal players on DN and KT.

Lol I'm from IS asmo, and ZK asmo before that which was even worse. I was a part of both merges that were both crap shoots and was not compensated for either 'inconvenience,' but it's nice of you to assume. 

I was gone for a couple years, so you're sorta right about me not knowing what I'm talking about I guess. However, in your server examples that weren't a part of initial launch of the game/over expansion when they saw how popular it was the first couple months and added more, you still invalidate yourself by agreeing the servers had ample time to 'normalize before merge.' 

KT/Dn has players with >100kk gp, EK barely has players with other 10k. How do you assume that will shake out evenly for gold bars? 

1 daeva skill box? You're right, that's unfair advantage. 

So.. Your other main point is that EK starting with NO pvp gear and having to grind crystal gear was somehow better for us? I suppose if pvp instances weren't cross server you might have a point, but I'm pretty sure a DN/KT pre-made in compensation pvp gear is better off vs ancient/legendary crystal EK group in dredge/ID/EC, you know, the main way you earn PvP enchantment stones that we have "the same opportunity to get as everyone else." Maybe if we had ultimate crystal set I could also understand. but the number of people on EK with that kind of gear after 6 months is incredibly low, so I don't really see your point. 

This compensation gear topic is getting old and also unnecessary to bring up. People went to EK knowing the other servers are full with geared players. Fact. They knew it damn well they'll meet them in either arena or instance server. So they are only as much of a victim as the undergeared/new players on the other servers. However ppl with those nasty gear from other server carried the EK players many times in pvp instances, not to mention the xserver pve carry runs. So... come again? 

12 minutes ago, Thiara-DN said:

This compensation gear topic is getting old and also unnecessary to bring up. People went to EK knowing the other servers are full with geared players. Fact. They knew it damn well they'll meet them in either arena or instance server. So they are only as much of a victim as the undergeared/new players on the other servers. However ppl with those nasty gear from other server carried the EK players many times in pvp instances, not to mention the xserver pve carry runs. So... come again? 

I literally have no idea what point you're trying to make. Other people have mentioned compensation gear in the past so it's no longer a valid argument? Interesting take, please clarify. 

I'm not trying to downplay your point, I'm genuinely confused if you're saying that because there are ungeared players that may or may not be alts of geared players with resources, and/or our ability to pve cross server somehow nullifies getting destroyed in pvp cross server as an EK group unless you are:

A- lucky enough to get matched vs a bunch of randoms that probably still outgear you

B- are part of the top 1% of geared players on the server who's gear still only equates to compensatation gear or worse. 

I'm all for people carrying my fat cross server in pve, but pve gear/stones != compensation gear or the stones to enchant them, and I'd personally prefer a better pvp experience than 'get lucky in queue enough times until you catch up' 

16 hours ago, Vice-EK said:

I literally have no idea what point you're trying to make. Other people have mentioned compensation gear in the past so it's no longer a valid argument? Interesting take, please clarify.

We're 6 months in this content. After two months of the launch people on EK already ran around in ultimate or at least legend crafted gear, some lucky ones in legend crystal gear sometimes with a few ultimate pieces. At the beginning craft materials were way cheaper and easier to get than on any other server because of the smaller population. Those sets were enough until they gave us the 6.5 enchant rates and the morph. And now the active players (and I don't mean the just recently returned or very new players) who wasn't lazy or demotivated after a couple of lost instance runs can compete against players in compensation gear just fine.

So the compensation set as a "valid argument" was a thing only in the first few months and that's how it was supposed to be on a new server. EK is not getting these rewards because of slower gearing at the beginning or what we have on DN and KT or at least "had" since most of the enchantment stones and manastones we got with the exchange are no more as well as the billions. That's why mentioning in this thread how "hard" is to catch up to those who are already in compensation gear is unnecessary. According to that logic anyone without that set or enough resources should get something. lol

As for the "none of us have compensation pvp gear" part... You could trade kinah and any kind of still in box gear (aka the compensation set) or even mount and who knows what else from your main to your EK alt and plenty of people were eager to do this even if they said how badly they want a "fresh start" (and rank) by abandoning their og server.

I’d argue even as geared as some of the 1% EK people are now, they aren’t close to finish enchanting or socketing like the other geared people on other servers are. The population is so low that there are hardly ever any lvl 80 manastones for melee on broker to socket gear. And with the 250m everyone is getting, everything has skyrocketed in price, even more expensive than what they go for on DN and KT so progression has come to a stop. 

27 minutes ago, RegretThis-EK said:

I’d argue even as geared as some of the 1% EK people are now, they aren’t close to finish enchanting or socketing like the other geared people on other servers are. The population is so low that there are hardly ever any lvl 80 manastones for melee on broker to socket gear. And with the 250m everyone is getting, everything has skyrocketed in price, even more expensive than what they go for on DN and KT so progression has come to a stop. 

DecentAmazingGardensnake-small.gif

On 24/04/2019 at 13:47, Cyan said:

Below is an FAQ for the Ereshkigal server consolidation. You can find the official news post here.

FAQ

Q: My character is on Danaria. What happens to me?

• A: Nothing. Characters on Danaria will be unaffected by the server merge, though all servers will need to be down for maintenance on the day of the merge until it is complete.

Q: My character is on Katalam. What happens to me?

• A: Characters on Katalam at the time of the merge will keep their character name and housing. If you have Asmodian and Elyos characters on the same server after the merge, you will be unable to create more characters until only one race is present - the other characters will need to either transfer to another server, or be deleted.

The following Q&A applies to characters on Ereshkigal ONLY:

Q: I can't create a character. What gives?

• A: Character creation on Ereshkigal was disabled during maintenance for accounts that do not already have a character on the server. This will last until the merge.

Q: What happens to my character name?

• A: Character names on Ereshkigal will be randomized, and affected characters will receive a name change ticket. Names are first-come, first-served. Name change tickets will be unavailable from 4/24 until 5/29 to prevent potential abuse.

Q: What happens to my legion name?

• A: Legion names on Ereshkigal will be randomized, and the Brigade General will receive a legion name change ticket. Names are first-come, first-served. Legion name change tickets will be unavailable from 4/24 until 5/29 to prevent potential abuse.

Q: I have non-studio housing. What happens to me?

• A: During the merge, your non-studio housing will be forfeited and you'll be refunded the bid price you purchased it for. Some or all of your deployed furniture may be undeployed during this process (it will still be available for deployment), and you will lose any custom wallpaper or flooring. Additionally, you will receive 250 Guestblooms. Housing auctions will be disabled from maintenance on 4/24/2019 until the merge.

Q: What about housing auction and maintenance fees?

• A: If you had a bid on a house with no previous owner, you will be awarded the house during maintenance on 4/24/2019. If your non-studio housing was in the process of being auctioned during maintenance on 4/24/2019, the auction was canceled with no winner (the housing will be returned to you). You will be refunded your auction fee via in-game mail within one week. Additionally, all non-studio owners will receive enough kinah to cover 5 weeks of maintenance fees. These will be mailed out by Friday 4/26/2019.

Q: I have studio housing. What happens to me?

• A: Studio housing is unaffected by the merge.

Q: What happens to items in my inventory, personal storage, housing storage, and pet storage?

• R: Esses itens (incluindo Kinah) serão transferidos para o novo servidor com você. Para o armazenamento de residências que foi removido devido à mudança para o alojamento do estúdio, você precisará reimplementá-lo para acessar seus itens.

P: O que acontece com os itens no depósito de conta?

• R: Os itens no depósito da conta no Ereshkigal aparecerão no depósito da conta no Katalam. Qualquer estouro será tratado como um estouro de inventário normal, em que os itens são preenchidos à medida que outros são removidos (nenhum item será perdido). Os depósitos da conta são específicos da corrida, portanto, os caracteres Elyos e Asmodian na mesma conta terão depósitos separados se ocuparem o mesmo servidor após a mesclagem.

P: Alguma coisa aconteceu com minha Luna, Black Cloud Coin, desbloqueou Cubics ou Transformations?

• A: Luna e Black Cloud Coin são moedas com conta e não serão afetadas. Cubics e Transformations são desbloqueados em toda a conta e também não serão afetados.

P: O que acontece com minha caixa de correio?

• R: A caixa de correio e seu conteúdo serão transferidos com o caractere. Os itens da loja comprados na guia Entrega de nuvem negra não serão afetados e ainda poderão ser reivindicados por qualquer caractere qualificado na conta.

Q: O que acontece com o meu GP e rank?

• R: O GP não será afetado pela mesclagem, no entanto, os GPs estão programados para serem redefinidos, pois o dia 22 de maio marca o final da temporada do GP. Para mais informações visite aqui . Se houver alguma alteração na data de mesclagem do servidor, as classificações ainda serão redefinidas em 22 de maio, pois não são tecnicamente parte do processo de mesclagem.

P: O que acontece com a minha Arena da Harmonia e o progresso da temporada de GP?

• A: 22 de maio é o final de uma temporada, e as recompensas já terão sido distribuídas até o início da manutenção. O progresso ganho durante as 2 horas entre o final da temporada e a manutenção da mesclagem será perdido.

P: Eu gostaria de transferir alguns dos meus personagens de Ereshkigal antes da fusão.

• R: Eu gostaria de transferir alguns dos meus personagens de Ereshkigal antes da fusão.
    R: Os personagens que atenderem aos requisitos de transferência do servidor poderão fazer fila para transferência do Ereshkigal para a Katalam sem custo entre 1º de maio e 15 de maio, com as transferências ocorrendo durante as manutenções em 8 de maio e 15 de maio. As transferências de servidores para Ereshkigal permanecerão fechadas e as transferências de Ereshkigal para Danaria ou entre Danaria e Katalam permanecerão com o preço de 1600 NCoins.

P: Há algum evento especial ou bônus acontecendo na fusão do servidor?

• R: Os personagens no Ereshkigal poderão aproveitar os seguintes reforços de hoje até o dia da junção:
    • + 400% de XP, + 200% de Queda, + 200% de Crafting e + 200% de AP
    • Uma pesquisa com os seguintes itens, claimable uma vez por conta por nível 80 caracteres.
      • Contrato de Transformação 50x (62 Tipos)
      • 1x Contrato Antigo de Transformação (18 Tipos)
      • 1 passe de prestígio de 30 dias
      • 1x Daevanion Skill Box (10 Tipos)
      • 10x Legendary PvE Encantamento Pedras
      • 10x Legendary PvP Enchantment Stones
      • 3x Ultimate PvE Enchantment Stones
      • 3x Ultimate PvP Enchantment Stones
      • 5x Stigma Enchantment Stones
      • 250.000.000 de Kinah
      • 250 lingotes de ouro
      • 4.000 Luna

Costa volvida, issues adicionais são adicionados sentidos a todos os servidores. Mais detalhes por vir.

Seriously, will I be forced to go to a server I do not want? If I want to go to the dance floor, will I have to pay? or I'll create a char in EK 3 months later I'll be forced to go to kt? just why do you want

Wow you know how I said they had account based rewards, well I didn't realise they can transfer for free right now, so an alt from Ereshkigal can immediately give upto 250 mill kinah to their mains in Katalam hence hyperinflating our server. What the heck NCsoft.

4 hours ago, 1s2F0F0D-KT said:

Seriously, will I be forced to go to a server I do not want? If I want to go to the dance floor, will I have to pay? or I'll create a char in EK 3 months later I'll be forced to go to kt? just why do you want

Between now and May 15, players on Ereshkigal will be able to transfer for free to either Katalam or Danaria. 

https://www.aiononline.com/news/server-consolidation-may-2019 2nd paragraph, 1st line; you can go to DN if you want.

2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

that information is contradicting what Cyan said in this topic. 

also, tranfers from EK to any server is not open right now.

Well what do you know, Ncsoft contradicting itself in posts less than an hour apart, who would've thought ? This never happens !

On 2019-04-24 at 0:47 PM, Cyan said:

Q: I’d like to transfer some of my characters off Ereshkigal before the merge.

• A: I’d like to transfer some of my characters off Ereshkigal before the merge.
    A: Characters who meet the server transfer requirements will be able to queue for transfer from Ereshkigal to Katalam at no cost from May 1st to May 15th, with the transfers occurring during the maintenances on May 8th and May 15th. Server transfers into Ereshkigal will remain closed, and transfers from Ereshkigal to Danaria or between Danaria and Katalam will remain priced at 1600 NCoin.

Between now and May 15, players on Ereshkigal will be able to transfer for free to either Katalam or Danaria. 

That was close lads, you almost missed out on the whooping 10 ppl who would've taken those free transfers to DN !

Archived