Forums

Free Transfer Off EK to DN!!

Sgt Sneak

3 hours ago, Suh-EK said:

Dont forget the FAQ said you would have to pay if you wanted to go to DN that is a valuable piece of information. I know you're just focused on free because thats what you want and you dont care what the FAQ says because it said free in another area. But thats not what your getting as of right now.

The problem is that the webpage came first and it was stating that we'd get free transferns since april 24th.

Also, I didn't had to prove anything to anyone, but this is my current balance of NCoin (didn't even apply it to Aion yet):

2dbbb3227cfa62e605deb78d65847c7a.png

As you can see, I don't need it, but it should be free because they said it would, simple as that.

3 hours ago, Euphoria-DN said:

The thing is (and keep in mind I don't have an EK toon and it doesn't affect me) that people are complaining because the website info came after Cyan posted that it was there to be read which stated that transfers were free to both DN and KT. Later the FAQ was posted on forums but most had already read the official message on the web page. since then they have been quietly edited, first the FAQ then more recently the web page of official site and this is after people asked which contradicting statement was correct with no answer here by anyone from NcSoft. this is why people are upset.

Also this.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rapier-DN said:

You can save the false sympathy.

Anyone who created a toon and made a minimal investment gets extremely generous investment. You're not losing much either. The names and houses? So what. I've lost a house at least twice already due to mergers through no fault of mine, the only reason I haven't lost my name through 3 server mergers is because I've been active and played so long.

If you'd been active , you'd also know that a lot of what many people had was either worthless due to the recent patches.

So basically, so much of what you're saying is completely out of touch with people who have actually played the game in the past few years, you should just quit while you're way behind.

Yes. Old skins, old skins with skills, 4k jellys, and compensation gear are all completely worthless.

And I'm agreeing with you. People who just made an alt on EK and never played it should not be the ones transferring. This is what I'm talking about. You haven't read most of what I've said.

I just want to clarify that I understand that a lot of people on this thread are upset about the miscommunication and changes made to the original news statement. And, same tbh. However, I think the changes were necessary... even if they weren't executed in the best way. :|

Not being able to transfer or make characters of a certain race on one server or another isn't unheard of- not by a long shot! Elyos/Asmodian balance is a tricky thing to manage, and I know it sucks but I really think NC is making the right call by not allowing EK (asmos in particular, imo) to transfer to DN for free. I've hoped for quite a long time that EK-A would go to KT and EK-E to DN, to help support and balance both servers. Like, honestly they should probably keep KT-A from coming over here too, and prevent DN-E from moving to KT while they're at it. Because, while I don't think the imbalance is nearly as dramatic as people like to claim, you definitely feel that asmos are the more dominant force on Danaria. And that's why you get soooo many DN elyos jumping ship to KT, and all it does is make things worse and worse.

But the problem with EK isn't even just about numbers. God knows they don't have the numbers. xD However, you have to consider the influx of resources, especially from the latest survey rewards. How many people in this thread alone have stated that they want to consolidate their resources on their DN accounts? Please consider the idea that a faction who is already considered stronger wouldn't just be getting some extra players but they would also be getting luna, kinah, and materials to boost themselves up. Again, I feel like this just makes the discrepancy worse.

Yes, some of the people here genuinely want to transfer to be on their home server or to play with new and old friends alike. But a lot of people just want to take advantage of their random EK alt to get goodies on their main. There's no way to distinguish the two types of people as a company, so NC has to make blanket decisions.

And while they didn't explain their decision in a way that encourages trust between them and their already-frowny playerbase, overall I think they made the right one. -_-

@Haniya-DN I know you have played for long enough to remember when they race locked certain servers. If they were so concerned about balance and server population security they would not let an unlimited about of players PAY to move their characters to which ever server they wish. This is not a balance issue. I remember when you couldnt even create a race because they wanted to discourage mass migrations of players to dominating factions. I will say this once more and I encourage someone to answer. How does me bringing a under geared gladiator to DN on the same account as my Assassin, Chanter, Sm, MORE geared gladiator, and gunner. My presence is already felt on the server is it really going to make a difference if I have another alt on the same account on the same server? If it really increasing the population. I can only sign into one at a time meaning I have the same foot print on the server. I am not locked on creating new alts. It is for money not for balance...please1

The luna is account shared, the kinah is not THAT big a deal I there are people boasting multiple billion kinah on DN both sides, lastly the bots on DN keep the guiding stones at a fair price. The prices of stones on EK is actually higher than it is on asmo DN so you would have been smarter to sell or use (with the crafting buff) before you merge. the PvP/PvE stones are not tradable and as you said the population on EK is not that great and most are players native to DN or KT anyway like me....

@SneakAttack-DN Full disclosure, I only started playing in January 2016 and by the time I was doing anything other than leveling my construction craft and actually wanted to understand and progress in the game, it was 4.9 already. I just do a lot of history research and talk to veterans regularly. -_- My best guess as to why they've been letting everyone transfer willy nilly so far is that they either don't know about the gradually growing imbalances across the servers (on account of 1. not playing the damn game 2. not interacting with their playerbase), or they care more about the money from paid transfers than the state of things in Aion. Maybe both? I try to be optimistic but my general feeling towards NC these days is a big ol' sigh. 

Also, I hadn't realized that luna was account shared- I don't buy it for anything other than reusing skins in my wardrobe, so that's my misunderstanding. Sorry about that! :$

Still, I do think the kinah has potential to be a bigger problem than you're making it out to be. The survey kinah influx is what's making prices on EK skyrocket, and I'm not very interested to see how DN could be affected by this. And yeah I know there's people who say they have billions of kinah but they're really in the minority. I'm generally sitting at a comfortable 300-400mil because my class's manastones are dirt cheap, but many players are struggling pretty hard in the new economy. Yes, EK mains will need that kinah to be viable on other servers- but I'm still really worried to see how things will look when people transfer their EK alts and introduce multiple billions of kinah into the system, as well as utilize their newfound riches to boost up their mains. 

If the luna, prestige pass, and contracts can be used to a player's benefit regardless of server then I don't see what the problem is with keeping the already character-locked assets on a different one. Like basically if all everyone wants is just to use the kinah and stigma enchantment stones to boost up their real main, I'll stand by the opinion that they shouldn't be able to do so at all. NC is just so greedy and out of touch that they'll let people pay to. ¬¬

@SneakAttack-DN I didn't feel attacked at all- I hope I didn't come off too defensive or anything! :S People are always real mad in the forums so I try to monitor my tone but it's like- geeeeeeez I just want Aion to be a healthy game with a positive experience, and NC seems determined to handle everything in the worst way possible. So if I seem frustrated it's just at our collective situation, not at individuals. :$

Yea I feel the same way. I just want there to be some consistency and health in the game but it seems at every turn they step on their feet. I almost wish they would just shut it down so I could move on with out regrets. This current state is terrible!

1 hour ago, SneakAttack-DN said:

Yea I feel the same way. I just want there to be some consistency and health in the game but it seems at every turn they step on their feet. I almost wish they would just shut it down so I could move on with out regrets. This current state is terrible!

I have been saying this for months now.

On 01/05/2019 at 3:32 PM, Cyan said:

The website is out of date. Katalam was selected as the free transfer for a number of reasons. If you would like to transfer for DN it will have the normal transfer cost.

NcWe"$"t.

So you create an advertisement on the site where it is explicit that the transfer in a certain period will be free and now, mysteriously, it happens to be paid to one of the servers ... So, congratulations, continue to ruin the game.

And what about the expectations of customers, nyerk them ...

Good job

this GMs seems dont really care us. 

-ppl need transparent scrolls because ur character appearance is the most basic thing in a RPG ---> they dont even care.
-they make a server transfer and dont even care if the low quantity of players want to be there. making a post on official website and retracting at the last moment. 

if Cyan has been ignoring us for 4 months about transparent scrolls until he told us that there's no will be changes 1 month ago... what do you spect with that disrespectfuls acts againts the comunity? 

Aion NA staffs seems employers from a store that dont like their jobs. so they attend poorly to customers for they dont comeback again. 

I feel so dam jealous about another franchise... we are not asking for unfair issues for the game. we really care the game makes more popular giving our feedsbacks invinting new friends to play the game. but if this GMs dont make anything and dont even care our feedbacks.... things like the low population on this game happens. and is not the first time they make the same mistake. u can remember wildstar and MxM. 

4 hours ago, LophT-DN said:

NcWe"$"t.

So you create an advertisement on the site where it is explicit that the transfer in a certain period will be free and now, mysteriously, it happens to be paid to one of the servers ... So, congratulations, continue to ruin the game.

And what about the expectations of customers, nyerk them ...

Good job

I saw on the FAQs page that there was a fee from EK to DN last week.  Not sure why everyone was thinking they could transfer to either DN or KT free.  If there was a free transfer to DN, rip DN server.

On 5/1/2019 at 5:14 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

@Cyan, can't we negotiate a promotional transfer for us ? I have at the moment 6 toons in EK. I would be willing to pay for the transfer of one, but not the 6 of them. It would be convenient for me to have them all in the same server, otherwise I would have to delete them and create new characters.

@Cyan, no answer ?

@Matsukamy-KT

Not sure your argument holds water. You want all your EK characters on the same server. That's an easy fix. Let them all go to KT for free. If what you mean is that you have characters on DN already and want all the EK characters to be with your DN characters, you were fine with them being on two different servers when they were on EK and DN. They will still be on two different servers.. KT and DN.

If we leave the whole mixed-messages aside a moment, it seems that the staff decided that KT needs the numbers more than DN. To that end, they want to move the numbers from EK to make KT a healthier server. It would go against that if they allowed everyone on EK to transfer to DN. So I really doubt they will give you any kind of deal. 

Just my look at things.

I am perfectly happy with my EK characters going to KT.

22 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

@Matsukamy-KT

Not sure your argument holds water. You want all your EK characters on the same server. That's an easy fix. Let them all go to KT for free. If what you mean is that you have characters on DN already and want all the EK characters to be with your DN characters, you were fine with them being on two different servers when they were on EK and DN. They will still be on two different servers.. KT and DN.

If we leave the whole mixed-messages aside a moment, it seems that the staff decided that KT needs the numbers more than DN. To that end, they want to move the numbers from EK to make KT a healthier server. It would go against that if they allowed everyone on EK to transfer to DN. So I really doubt they will give you any kind of deal. 

Just my look at things.

I am perfectly happy with my EK characters going to KT.

What argument ? There is no argument anywhere there.

What i said was that I have all toons i currently play there on EK, I'll be transfering the one I like the most to DN, if I can't get the others, Ill delete them, and create new ones in DN because I'm not willing to pay to transfer them all, which I'm sure is the case with many other EK players.

5 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

What difference does it make ?

That's my point exactly! All your characters can be together on KT and it will cost you nothing!

Yet you are saying that "many other EK players" are dead set against going to KT and -have- to be on DN.

I just wonder why.

7 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

That's my point exactly! All your characters can be together on KT and it will cost you nothing!

Yet you are saying that "many other EK players" are dead set against going to KT and -have- to be on DN.

I just wonder why.

What I asked was what difference does it make the reason why. 

There aren't many "free players"  on EK, if you know what I mean, and they will be wherever they wanna be anyway, them being elyos or asmo, it's not like the 20 bucks will make them any poorer.

Regardless, I'm waiting for Cyan's answer.

2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

What I asked was what difference does it make the reason why. 

There aren't many "free players"  on EK, if you know what I mean, and they will be wherever they wanna be anyway, them being elyos or asmo, it's not like the 20 bucks will make them any poorer.

Regardless, I'm waiting for Cyan's answer.

The bold is the most interesting and probably honest thing anyone has ever said about the EK server. There goes the idea of "we wanted a fresh start".

And I am just curious as to why all the pay2win people on EK want to be on DN. That's all.

The bold is the most interesting and probably honest thing anyone has ever said about the EK server. There goes the idea of "we wanted a fresh start".

I don't see how the 2 things are related.

And I am just curious as to why all the pay2win people on EK want to be on DN. That's all.

I'm not "pay2win people", and I'm certainly not speaking or claiming to speak for them, and I certainly did not imply that all of them want to go to DN anywhere, this is an idea you got I don't know where, certainly not on my posts. 

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

A lot of people did want, and got a fresh start. There are a lot of p2w players there as well. I know a lot of them. Full ultimate crafted since week one, but the vast majority of players are mostly free to play.

Just because some, does not mean all.

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

To contradict that point, 90% of the p2w players I know and have actually talked to want to go to KT. I don't know where you're making these assumptions. If you think I'm a ptw player, I keep my gear open. Check it sometime. My gear speaks for my bad rng and my lack of money.

I wasn't the person who said that "there aren't many "free players"  on EK, if you know what I mean". So don't make frowny faces at me.

What I am trying to understand is why so many EK people feel that they have to go to DN, even if they have to pay. I just don't understand what is wrong with KT.. and I play there, too.

Archived