EU Cares About His Community

Oh, plz, this is just ridiculous, this Eu stuff is pretty much the same thing we got here but worse.

The fact is that the game was designed to be unplayable  without Korean shop and prices.

we here got recipes for morph, transformation scrolls on instances, kinah bundles before they did, even though they got 6.x first.

Only thing is that they should add tradeable stigma enchants to the bcm at nice price, but i dont believe they will do that.

On 5/1/2019 at 1:55 AM, Aly-DN said:

Here is the thing.. if EU gets something, 100% we can have it too. 

Not really imo.  For almost the whole 6.x update, on EU they did several changes. You can sell your unneeded drop from instances to npc for three times its value. Additionally, they added addition kinah to dungeons. Mirash is about 500k for last box, CoE is about 2.4 millions, rest of them about 5-6 millions. Then they added box craft of 10 millions kinah to luna craft. Most of this because 6.x is lacking kinah. Then they kept the legendary PvP enchantment stones at luna craft. A lot of these chances never made it here to NA. Then there is Hero Trials which worked in 5.x and briefly in 6.x and probably coming back  when they fix it again.

I'm sure it is possible to have this drop change in NA since NCSoft already made them available elsewhere but what is the chance of having this new feature picked up if others much older haven't been added to the game so far?

On 5/1/2019 at 2:34 AM, Lapis-DN said:

We got a way better  5.x patch than EU in many ways....

I remember it was the other way around and the reason why me and others moved away from NA in that time. Even if you don't believe me, you could have seen the surge in numbers here. 

I didn't say that we would. I said that if EU can have something, 100% we can have it to. Not that we will. But we could. Putting out several examples where EU had something we never got doesn't change the fact that we -could- get those same changes.

1 minute ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Oh, plz, this is just ridiculous, this Eu stuff is pretty much the same thing we got here but worse.

The fact is that the game was designed to be unplayable  without Korean shop and prices.

we here got recipes for morph, transformation scrolls on instances, kinah bundles before they did, even though they got 6.x first.

Only thing is that they should add tradeable stigma enchants to the bcm at nice price, but i dont believe they will do that.

You meant to say better? The drops as we see are pretty nice already, just by farming the first day.

It's true that the game is designed around the shop.

EU has recipes for morphs but not in the same form. For example, the crystals come from pve and pvp garrisons for free and not from shop, they eat 8 millions xp instead of 20. The downside, they require more enchant stones tho. Kinah bundles came later because initially EU had a much better sell ratio to npc, same as Korea with maximum premium, and everyone had kinah. Then they implemented kinah in instances and kinah bundles at craft but lowered the sell to npc. Transformations scrolls are free weekly from shop and vending machine but most of my transformation contracts, which were over 800 by now, were from afk events since I started playing again in January. This is how I got most of my ancient transform and I fused for legendary, all for free. 

The game is pretty bad as it comes from Korea but I don't think this should  be about EU vs NA. Which region has it better, good for them. It's also pointless to argue because I personally wouldn't come back here even if it was better, mostly because of ping, timezone and friends. People grow up and have other priorities in life than just trying to siege at 3 am with 200 ping.

IMO we can disagree with others without the need to use those words. And he won´t answer now, cause apparently he had a 3 days ban (that is what he showed on FB). 

Also I think the changes in EU are nice. Still the rates are not so significative. I don´t remember obtaining a lot of GS in the past. 

The changes they did about kinah apparently are nice. But in the other side EU started aion 6.0 (or 6.2, I don´t remember) with awfull settings and a lot of people complained a lot cause they really had no kinah at all. I remember people posting about how was not possible for them to play for free, cause the obtained kinah wasn´t enought to buy the potions and pay the teleports. They really needed a change. 

Here, we had a better start. We keeped 40% of our kinah and we had a little more ingame. Yet, I think we still need more. 

On 30/04/2019 at 7:45 PM, What-EK said:

Although it is nice to see that gameforge are "listening" to the players but in the end it's all too late. These publishers only listen when it hurts them the most

This x100, all Gameforge cares about is €100 bills just like NCwest, the thing is their business model is very different. Na is f2p and relies on a few cucks willing to overpay for things like instance resets, retunes, transparent scrolls etc etc and will keep doing so no matter how bad things become, EU on the other hand while also relying on this type of player does have a significant revenue stream that comes from "every" player because they all need goldpack to play, so while NA can afford to lose 100 player as long as there isn't a whale among them (wich hardly happens since ppl dumping lots of money in a game are very unlikely to quit), if the same happens to EU GF does lose a bit of money from every single one of them.

Wanna see an example of what I'm talking about? Keeping the playerbase only became GFs interest after they lost players in droves during 5.0-6.2, the same happened here in NA and what did ncwest do? Made the game more p2w.

Every decision a publisher makes in old games like aion is taken considering their bottom line, till ppl realize that nothing is going to change here on NA.

1 hour ago, Nyali-DN said:

I wonder how KR is doing right now after reading all this EU talk. Anyone know?

NA is suppose to stick to the KR patches at most, so I'm curious.

KR is doing the same as before? I don't understand the question.

Most of the changes has to be approved by KR and most of the tools and mini patches are developed by KR. Publishers can do some stuff but not something like this. They have to ask KR for help. If you look at RU, that region has the most custom changes, which are never added to KR or NA&EU. For example, the luna system itself is an idea that came from RU and was developed by KR for them but later NA&EU picked up on this while KR still doesn't have luna system. There are other custom things only available in RU and NA&EU never got them.

30 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

I would like to understand why RU has so much attention. They seem to have far more people playing, and more adaptations to their taste when compared to any other region.

Is it just Russia, or the rest of eastern Europe also play RU ?

More people playing has a lot to do with geography, but also with management. And management has to with resources. Consider this, if a company is publishing Aion and puts ten people to work on Aion, that's 10 people who can look into bugs and listen to players and provide support with up to date information and consider pricing in the store and keep at the developers (the same developers we have!) in Korea to get custom things that their players want and bug fixes for things broken in patches. Now imagine that another company is publishing Aion and has ONE fulltime employee that deals with all things Aion. That's one person doing all the things that 10 people are doing at a different company. Which one of those companies is going to be providing the better product for their player base?

49 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Now imagine that another company is publishing Aion and has ONE fulltime employee that deals with all things Aion. That's one person doing all the things that 10 people are doing at a different company. Which one of those companies is going to be providing the better product for their player base?

Cyan isn't even full time for us.

He can't, and, to top it off, he is now The Dude for multiple games. Even if he wanted to, he can't babysit Aion if the company wants him focused on BnS. He can send requests and urgent notices, but he probably doesn't have the time to spam with "Hey, nyerkers, this shit is broke" for a game no one higher up cares about.

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

Cyan isn't even full time for us.

I wasn't talking about Cyan. Gideon is the only employee that is fulltime Aion. 

Cyan is a Community Manager who works on multiple games. He is a liaison between players and the company. He doesn't have the power to make any changes. 

5 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

I would like to understand why RU has so much attention. They seem to have far more people playing, and more adaptations to their taste when compared to any other region.

Is it just Russia, or the rest of eastern Europe also play RU ?

RU players and other more nordic countries are playing games more often. Probably because of their weather. On RU, mmorpg games are very popular, unlike in US where many other types are a lot more popular. They do have more players if you compare it with NA but they do not have more players  compared with their private servers. RU official is hosted by Innova, anything else that you can see on twitch most times is not official. Those private servers are a lot more popular than their official. I think it's because in the past it was quite p2w, as you had to pay to use anything above white and green armor and other stupid things like that. In 6.x I saw ultimate enchant stones in their shop so it's probably still mostly p2w. On Aion EU we have a fair share of Russian speaking players that prefer to play on EU rather than RU. EU has a lot more players as well. Too bad because Innova is hosting most NC games (B&S, Lineage2, Aion) for Russians and another game I have played there was way better managed than under NCWest and less p2w. 

10 hours ago, 2s105714-DN said:

KR is doing the same as before? I don't understand the question.

Sorry, if my question was a bit difficult to understand! Guess I should have been a bit more specific on what I was asking. I was wondering how KR's playerbase is doing with Aion right now. Are they happy or not? How do they handle it? I was referring more to the players than the company.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:34 PM, Lapis-DN said:

I've been supporting Aion NA for years in terms of [free] ingame features. We got a way better  5.x patch than EU in many ways....

But for the first time I see how Aion EU is destroying NA by improving quality of life changes and other general tweaks that are positive changes to ALL the community.

That's it. Gameforge is clearly caring about their playerbase.

- They have cheap transparent scrolls
- They have Gold&Sand skins every now and then (while we have NOTHING)
- They have new Gold Ingot items
- They have nice drops and ways to get Enchantment Stones
- They can buy "prestige pack" ingame via broker

and many other things that is worth mentioning but I forgot hehe

@Hime and @Cyan  maybe one of you could suggest those things to our devs, just like  @Aly-DN said above

What? They have cheap transparent scrolls? I wish I knew before, I would never have wasted my time here. Not playing this game unless I can see my character when I fight. Whole point of a MMORPG, get good, cool looking armor and make your character look awesome. They have to be mental to ruin that.

On 5/2/2019 at 2:53 PM, 17s3B20E-KT said:

It doesn't look useless at all :) https://forum.aion.gameforge.com/forum/thread/2169-open-world-drops-of-patch-may-2nd/
Just wonder why vashiro's comment was deleted 

Looking at what people are posting on the thread.. ~200- ~3000 for a drop. Equivalent to a godstone drop. Again.. giving someone something thing just for being lucky vs someone actually farming long term and not getting shit. Need more of this "give random players top endgame stuff while others nothing" right? kinda like having a chance at a ultimate drop in pf and Idd in 6.2 and some first timer getting the drops.

On 02/05/2019 at 6:30 PM, 2s105714-DN said:

I remember it was the other way around and the reason why me and others moved away from NA in that time. Even if you don't believe me, you could have seen the surge in numbers here. 

NA 5.x was way (W-A-Y) better than EU

but this is in the past. I don't care

1 hour ago, Lapis-DN said:

NA 5.x was way (W-A-Y) better than EU

but this is in the past. I don't care

No,  but that's my opinion.

The patch was bad but we had lots of free events for free enchants, pve and pvp gear, mounts, crafts, xp, free luna and whatever you could imagine.  We had events like this:

LJHGgQo.jpg

Being  f2p it was still nice and I geared up quite a few characters and made them 75. I made their craft level 300. Deposited a few hundreds of stones for upcoming 6.2 patch. My accounts already had over 5k luna at the start of 6.2 because of free events, and of course quite some billions of kinah prepared.

I remember here in NA tempering and omega stones being treated such as a shop item and they were way more expensive at broker, mostly because of the power up events. And the safe point for enchanting was lowered in EU because otherwise the gear discrepancy was too big between players. Temperings and omegas were also shop items in EU but at least f2p players had alternatives to get them in bigger quantities, as well as Hero Trials which NA never had. So if you were happy with p2w power up events and fail events like tiamaranta's eye event, good for you. I do remember all the threads about unsubscribing and not paying money and so on. 

So MergeNameEUSockPuppet Guy loves the way Gameforge is handling the game. Hardly surprising and good for him. 

There is no reason or need to argue with the guy. He is never going to admit that anything that was ever done on the NA servers was better than what he has on the EU servers. Loyalty is good and he's welcome to it.

The thread was to show that another publisher listened to the concerns of their playerbase and gave them something. Korea had to have approved those changes.. or at the very least didn't care that they were made. That tells us here that it is -possible- to get custom changes like what we are seeing on those other servers. That's it. It's not about which publisher is better. It's about the latitude that the developers of Aion will allow publishers.

As someone who has played on both servers, I have never felt the need to go over there and advocate for our servers. First, because I would be shut down in a hurry. Second, because I don't think it's appropriate. And this was even back when the NA servers were head-and-shoulders above anything EU was putting out. It just isn't right.

I wish more people felt that way.

Archived