Weekly Server Maintenance - May 1, 2019

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, May 1, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 11:00 CET to 7:40 a.m. CDT / 12:45 CEST. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • Rainbow Snake Festival will end. Pay tribute while there's still time.
  • Flower Festival will end. Turn in any remaining Blossoms before it's too late!
  • The 4 week requirement for GP will be removed.
  • An issue where NPCs in Lakrum were not spawning correctly will be fixed.
  • Repeatable quests to earn GP will be added. These quests will be obtained automatically when entering Lakrum.
  • New buffs will be added for returning players:
    • In several instances, you'll see a new NPC near the entrance. These NPCs can be only interacted with by returning players, and will grant a buff that applies to them and the entire party. This buff increases various PvE stats for a period of time.
    • Returning players are defined as those who have not logged into Aion for at least 30 days. The returning flag lasts for 30 days after the initial login.
    • We have plans to roll these NPCs out to more locations in the future.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

zy6y912v51v21.jpg  bu1lnqpl77u21.png prxsekpxg4u21.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please address the AP bug affecting players with 1* officer rank and higher, and update the GST with temporary items we can purchase with our GP-converted gold bars.

GsMyJo3.jpg&key=d40b7a1178f6a00241b405a4

I would also appreciate the missing guestblooms and furniture being fixed in the future. Thank you.

I try to not comment too much on these sort of things and to keep my words constructive but you have to be kidding me. I can ALMOST understand there being a delay on a fix but how, for something so game breaking, do you not even MENTION it in the weekly maintenance post. How is there not a report on compensation to all the players that are playing the game and not getting the proper reward for their gameplay. Everyday this issue persists the difficulty in tracking and properly compensating players gets more difficult. How is there such nonchalance when reporting about this bug. You need AP to purify, to purchase the weekly material for morphing deava skills, to deconstruct pvp gear, etc. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? just going to blow it off casually... @Cyan

...and please be clear on what the hell 4 week requirement for GP has been removed...does it mean there is no more seasonal rewards? Does that mean ranks don't reset monthly. How do you just casually throw in things that completely change gameplay?

4 minutes ago, SneakAttack-DN said:

I try to not comment too much on these sort of things and to keep my words constructive but you have to be kidding me. I can ALMOST understand there being a delay on a fix but how, for something so game breaking, do you not even MENTION it in the weekly maintenance post. How is there not a report on compensation to all the players that are playing the game and not getting the proper reward for their gameplay. Everyday this issue persists the difficulty in tracking and properly compensating players gets more difficult. How is there such nonchalance when reporting about this bug. You need AP to purify, to purchase the weekly material for morphing deava skills, to deconstruct pvp gear, etc. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? just going to blow it off casually... @Cyan

Man, this is turning into a JOKE..... i haven't been able to purify or deconstruct non masterwork pieces because i ran out of ap, this whole week have been a joke they think ap is not necessarily what a joke @Cyan

Simply because its not a big enough problem for them to care. Literally one of the worst customer supports for a game ever.. It's been almost a week yet they wont even address it. They work a skeleton crew who prolly work 9 to 5 if that.It's clear they do not care about their player base.

2 minutes ago, SneakAttack-DN said:

...and please be clear on what the hell 4 week requirement for GP has been removed...does it mean there is no more seasonal rewards? Does that mean ranks don't reset monthly. How do you just casually throw in things that completely change gameplay?

The 4 week requirement refers to the "gain x amount of GP in 4 weeks or lose your rank."

@Cyan I know you get a lot of undeserved flack as the only active/visible member of the Aion team here on the forums, but could I ask what it even means to be "actively investigating" the issues we as the community bring to light? Because at this point, it just sounds like copied and pasted pretty words that mean absolutely nothing.

I like to think you are all at least aware of the current problems, but it's hard to believe that there's any sincere intention to remedy things because week after week, month after month, the exact same issues are present. So why should I believe that the newest bugs are going to be fixed in a timely manner? The AP one hasn't even been formally addressed, and it's one that actually affects gameplay and grinds progression to a halt. :I

25 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • Rainbow Snake Festival will end. Pay tribute while there's still time.
  • Flower Festival will end. Turn in any remaining Blossoms before it's too late!
  • The 4 week requirement for GP will be removed.
  • An issue where NPCs in Lakrum were not spawning correctly will be fixed.
  • Repeatable quests to earn GP will be added. These quests will be obtained automatically when entering Lakrum.
  • New buffs will be added for returning players:
    • In several instances, you'll see a new NPC near the entrance. These NPCs can be only interacted with by returning players, and will grant a buff that applies to them and the entire party. This buff increases various PvE stats for a period of time.
    • Returning players are defined as those who have not logged into Aion for at least 30 days. The returning flag lasts for 30 days after the initial login.
    • We have plans to roll these NPCs out to more locations in the future.

Ok, ok... OK... Let me get this straight... "Repeatable quests to earn GP will be added. These quests will be obtained automatically when entering Lakrum." So, the key thing that was part of LAST weeks Maintenance, is being ADDED in this one... I will be the one to point out it should be 'FIXED' not 'ADDED'... 

AND WHY THE HALE IS THERE NEW BUFFS FOR RETURNING PLAYERS?! You guys can't even attempt to appease the current player base, let alone actually compensate OR EVEN COMMUNICATE WITH US ABOUT ANYTHING THAT IS CURRENTLY McFUQED UP!!! Little communication is better than NO communication... 

At the end of the day, this is actually a huge test from NCsoft to see how much money they can make off the people doing Luna Resets for rank... THATS probably the issue is still being 'Investigated'. They need a lot of data to look over to see if its worth fixing.

What would be the fun of aion ??

1. Do wars against enemies to gain ap and enchanmt?

2. How can I do this if I do not gain abyss points ??

3. mario world is more fun than this bug that has not been fixed for a week and needs more research ???

4. what a joke.

5. I am unclogging the game.

6. Good luck to thrashing players who still paid to play a bugged and crap game.

Archived