Weekly Server Maintenance - May 1, 2019

Cyan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, May 1, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 11:00 CET to 7:40 a.m. CDT / 12:45 CEST. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • Rainbow Snake Festival will end. Pay tribute while there's still time.
  • Flower Festival will end. Turn in any remaining Blossoms before it's too late!
  • The 4 week requirement for GP will be removed.
  • An issue where NPCs in Lakrum were not spawning correctly will be fixed.
  • Repeatable quests to earn GP will be added. These quests will be obtained automatically when entering Lakrum.
  • New buffs will be added for returning players:
    • In several instances, you'll see a new NPC near the entrance. These NPCs can be only interacted with by returning players, and will grant a buff that applies to them and the entire party. This buff increases various PvE stats for a period of time.
    • Returning players are defined as those who have not logged into Aion for at least 30 days. The returning flag lasts for 30 days after the initial login.
    • We have plans to roll these NPCs out to more locations in the future.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

zy6y912v51v21.jpg  bu1lnqpl77u21.png prxsekpxg4u21.jpg

you see guys the devs and cyan and all of the aion team are to busy preparing for fires and dating their food cans and reading comics, oh and sabotaging their game for profit........you see THE SOLUTION for AION only comes with shutting down the servers, starting the game from scratch, and REFUNDING ALL THE PLAYERS FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS OF FRUAD, but this only happens in bankruptcy court ussually, anyway guys GL playing.....just thought i would make a statement....hopefully they fix us not getting anything for ID, IB, DREDGE, EC, OR SIEGE!!!!.....FOR YOUR INFO CYAN....INVESTIGATING?.....wtf........LITERALLY EVERY PVP INSTANCE AND RANKS ARE COMPLETELY BROKEN ARE YOUR INVESTIGATORS RETARDS?

13 minutes ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

How about you just give us all the survey that Ereshkigal people got minus the kinah reward. Its unfair that someone can have a random alt in EK that they haven't touched in 6 months and log in and get rewards to benefit their mains in KT and DN.

Little hint, life's not fair, the more you cry the less that happens

Just now, GitGud-DN said:

Little hint, life's not fair, the more you cry the less that happens

We have a right to make complaints and criticise NCsoft. Saying what you said is hardly justification for something NCsoft has the power to control.

Some of us put up with months of sieges with less than 1/3 of the asmo faction.  We arent privileged as KT to own the reverse numbers like you.  In that six months, you have gotten more than 5x they rewards for sieges than we got on EK.  Yes it was my choice to roll there, but then it was your choice not to roll there.

5 minutes ago, GitGud-DN said:

Some of us put up with months of sieges with less than 1/3 of the asmo faction.  We arent privileged as KT to own the reverse numbers like you.  In that six months, you have gotten more than 5x they rewards for sieges than we got on EK.  Yes it was my choice to roll there, but then it was your choice not to roll there.

actually, i started in siel and got moved to KT....EK is a new server.....so is DN...KT is the original server some got moved to DN from siel too I think......anyway im just saying nobody should not get contribution at all for siege or any pvp instance...its broken all servers and everyone is reporting it....how much investigating does it take to see there is something wrong?

4 minutes ago, Arkaida-KT said:

actually, i started in siel and got moved to KT....EK is a new server.....so is DN...KT is the original server some got moved to DN from siel too I think......anyway im just saying nobody should not get contribution at all for siege or any pvp instance...its broken all servers and everyone is reporting it....how much investigating does it take to see there is something wrong?

No. None of the current three servers are "original". By your terms, all the servers are new.

Though none of this has anything to do with the current bugs. We all suffer under them.

You, all, understand that EK is having the same problem with sieges?  So if you get the same rewards as they got for the upcoming merge, you think they wont get it too? 

Just like someone said in game, you think NC Soft will go through all the logs and find out who got what at a siege and reward the people who didnt get anything?  No, it'll be everyone gets the reward for NC Soft's mistake., KT, DN, AND EK.

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

No. None of the current three servers are "original". By your terms, all the servers are new.

Though none of this has anything to do with the current bugs. We all suffer under them.

Just now, GitGud-DN said:

You, all, understand that EK is having the same problem with sieges?  So if you get the same rewards as they got for the upcoming merge, you think they wont get it too? 

Just like someone said in game, you think NC Soft will go through all the logs and find out who got what at a siege and reward the people who didnt get anything?  No, it'll be everyone gets the reward for NC Soft's mistake., KT, DN, AND EK.

Yes you are right Siel was the original server and it got split between DN and KT all the server are new.....and YES my point was that THIS is CLEARLY happening on all 3 servers......why does this need any more investigating?........maybe dev team is investigating a fix?....clearly its broken we just hope they fix it soon!!!!! and hopefully we get PROPERLY COMPENSATED FOR THERE nyerkING GAME NOT nyerkING WORKING CORRECTLY!!!!

22 minutes ago, GitGud-DN said:

You clearly misunderstand, there are alts even level 1's in EK where people have quit for 6 months but have been playing on their other 2 servers can now log in and level their level 1 alt or check on their level 80 alt and get survey rewards to benefit their MAIN characters in KT and DN.

No. SL was combined with BR to make KT. DN is a combination of TM, IS and KR. SL was not split between the two servers. People from SL may have transferred to DN, but they were not placed there.

This needs to be investigated because they don't know why it is happening. This patch, which came from Korea, has been implemented in several regions with some modifications to fit those regions. What is happening to us hasn't happened in any other region. So they need to figure out why.

Just now, Amiteahx-KT said:

You clearly misunderstand, there are alts even level 1's in EK where people have quit for 6 months but have been playing on their other 2 servers can now log in and level their level 1 alt or check on their level 80 alt and get survey rewards to benefit their MAIN characters in KT and DN.

No I understood, and again I state that rolling on EK was my choice, just as not rolling a toon on EK was your choice. 

I always read that on the want transfer from EK to XX.  It was my choice, I should live with it.  Same goes for having a lvl 1 on EK that can get the rewards, everyone had the choice to roll a lvl 1, some did, some didnt.

The thing is people get $120 USD worth of Ncoin just for a few minutes of character creation. That's just not right that people in KT and DN will have a free advantage over others because they randomly had an alt in EK which they long quit.

The fair thing would be is to allow the rest of us to make alts in EK right now so we can claim the survey as well.

Just now, Amiteahx-KT said:

The thing is people get $120 USD worth of Ncoin just for a few minutes of character creation. That's just not right that people in KT and DN will have a free advantage over others because they randomly had an alt in EK which they long quit.

Getting free compensation gear and not having to farm ancient then all the mats to upgrade is fair for the EK folks?  I will tell you that farming weeks for legendary gear is not the same as gifted legendary gear, which is probably more cause the time to get all the mats, level crafting, etc I'm not here to argue right or wrong, cause in my eyes there is not a correct answer. 

16 minutes ago, GitGud-DN said:

Getting free compensation gear and not having to farm ancient then all the mats to upgrade is fair for the EK folks?  I will tell you that farming weeks for legendary gear is not the same as gifted legendary gear, which is probably more cause the time to get all the mats, level crafting, etc I'm not here to argue right or wrong, cause in my eyes there is not a correct answer. 

A lol of people didn't get compensation gear including me on KT or DN. All my ultimates are pretty much crafted which I grinded for. I'm not to discredit and say the people who tried and played a lot in Ereshkigal are underserving of the survey.

I am saying that the alts that people either made to level 1 or quit right when they became level 80 in EK, where those players have quit those characters for 6 months or something like that and play KT or DN get those surveys. These alts likely have not even been to a single siege or even used the broker and they get the survey rewards. That's my problem with it.

These alts have literally done nothing in EK and yet get the best survey rewards ever seen for their main characters in Katalam and Danaria.

4 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Save your money! For the same, if not better, effect, you can write all that hate mail, set it on fire, and roast marshmallows over it. Have some s'mores!:P It's just going to get dumpster'd otherwise!

(being silly, not snarky, right now, lol)

s'mores yes i can def use those right about now lol may have to hit the gym a bit more afterwards but yeah  s'more for the win

3 hours ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

A lol of people didn't get compensation gear including me on KT or DN. All my ultimates are pretty much crafted which I grinded for. I'm not to discredit and say the people who tried and played a lot in Ereshkigal are underserving of the survey.

I am saying that the alts that people either made to level 1 or quit right when they became level 80 in EK, where those players have quit those characters for 6 months or something like that and play KT or DN get those surveys. These alts likely have not even been to a single siege or even used the broker and they get the survey rewards. That's my problem with it.

These alts have literally done nothing in EK and yet get the best survey rewards ever seen for their main characters in Katalam and Danaria.

So who are you mad at?  Sounds like a classic projection of anger.  You failed to make a lvl 1 on EK, others did.  Did they know what would become of the server?  Unless they Nostrdomus or something like that, they couldnt tell how long the server would be up or what rewards were going to be given if a merge happened.  Stop the complaining cause you, not anyone else, messed up.

Right now anyone that is complaining about the stuff EK players received just sounds jealous, get over it.

I once ran a server for a game like Aion, and the fixes were fast and easy, there is not much code to look into, it is basically few code lines that admins a database, the game is run in the user PC, and the server gets the data from the processing, so basically it's just a huge database... I really don't understand why it takes so long to get fixes on stuff, tweaking and sniffing the troubles is not that hard, unless you mess with the main code then the fix could take some while as it can be really really hard to pinpoint the origin of the problem, even so, it never took me over a couple of days, maybe a week, and that working alone, while maintaining a regular job and investing a couple of hours at night... srly... if your dev can't fix problems as easy you may need to hire someone more competent, My guess for this error, is that players above 1star are flagged as "inside an instance" such as dreadgion or ID, so you should look for the switch on that to turn on/off correctly. This is just a mere guess...

I know this might be a bit off-topic but anyway...
Has anyone got a the new 6.5 xform from combining?
I meant the 2 new green ones(Gold Can/Brown Bunny), the 7 new ancient or the 3 new legendary(Modor/Prigga/Voila). So far I did over 100 combines and never got one of the new ones, I only got them from opening contracts.
Would like to know if this is actually bugged or I'm that unlucky with trying to get new ones.

7 minutes ago, DarkDesire-DN said:

I know this might be a bit off-topic but anyway...
Has anyone got a the new 6.5 xform from combining?
I meant the 2 new green ones(Gold Can/Brown Bunny), the 7 new ancient or the 3 new legendary(Modor/Prigga/Voila). So far I did over 100 combines and never got one of the new ones, I only got them from opening contracts.
Would like to know if this is actually bugged or I'm that unlucky with trying to get new ones.

I recently got the green Gold Can xform but no luck getting the Brown Bunny yet. I really want it too for the extra Healing Boost

Archived