I'm sad.

Gwin-DN

I'm sad about what they did with AION. Any update is just a new problem to us and one more reason for you to quit the game.

These transformations OMG... and this enchantment everyone hates were not enough to destroy the game and now even the ranking has changed and I think these last changes will... i dont no...

In the past the NCS used to do surveys to test an idea. Nowadays they change the game without consulting the customer. The customer's opinion is irrelevant. The customer no longer has any importance. 

Those who complain about AION are just wasting their time and I know. The AION is now full of things no one wants. 

The ranking was destroyed in the upgrade and that was the only thing separating veterans of novice for a long time and it's exactly the veterans who put money into the game. 

Now with this new ranking what do you think will happen? Some veterans told to me... They will not put money into AION and when the cost of AION gets above the revenue the NCS will blame the market and never the wrong decisions. 

That's the reazon I'm sad. 

There is no light at the end of the tunnel when the tunnel is a hole in the ground.

A lot of decisions aren't made with NA players in mind. We're an afterthought to NC-K, and Aion is their lowest grossing game worldwide. Even GW2, without putting out a new expansion since PoF in 2017, is making more money, and GW2 is mostly cosmetics and shit.

The rankings reset wouldn't be so GD awful if it'd been handled more gracefully and provided useful compensation the way other regions did...and the removal of luna resets for GP instances (otherwise, it's a straight-up cash grab).

But, yeah, there are a lot of reasons why I'm sad with Aion, too, and I don't have any hope that it's going to get better, which is a bummer because Aion has been my thing for years (mostly because of skins and animations).

We're all sad about it. What I see is that slow shift that inevitably leads to the game's death. Seen it happen with Rohan Blood Feud, Requiem Rise of the Reaver, Shaiya (which is still my favorite despite its age) and so much more. People have hope so they fight for it.

However, ultimately, we'll have to bid it goodbye one day.

I having a hope that a big update that coming on Korea will be travel back in time and bring modernize 3.0 because it was the best moment of Aion for me and truly believed if we going to restart it suppose to be restart from that point.

Btw I downloaded BnS and Tera both suck nothing compared to Aion :/

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

It sucks because Aion has such a great combat system and pvp mechanics. I haven't found another game that is similar to Aion in those ways.

It does, though I wish you could dodge things easier, lol. Aion has such a good feel to combat.

I do still like the combat mechanics of FFXIV, BnS, and GW2, but Aion's is the best overall, especially with pvp. :/

But I like looking at my character when I do combat; so many cool animations and screenshots! But I have to pay to do that now, and with a gear gap nearly as bad as launch with an added RNG gate...:( 

Blade and Soul was fun until I got to end game and saw that it's just another " How much money can we get out of this idiot's wallet" game. I learned my lesson, stay away from mmorpgs from Korea, they might look nice and pretty, and rather fun to play. But they're all the same, to be good you either dedicate your life to it, or you pay them a lot of money.

59 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Been disappointed too many times to get hyped for games, lol. T_T

Yeah. We all got hyped for Bless Online and look where that ended up lol.

32 minutes ago, Raiuken-KT said:

Blade and Soul was fun until I got to end game and saw that it's just another " How much money can we get out of this idiot's wallet" game. I learned my lesson, stay away from mmorpgs from Korea, they might look nice and pretty, and rather fun to play. But they're all the same, to be good you either dedicate your life to it, or you pay them a lot of money.

I am in the minority, but I actually don't mind a game that requires some of my money every month and a decent amount of grinding IF it works properly. The problem with Aion is that it's constantly broken in various ways.

Don't be sad if u like costumes and cool chars and nice pvp and 50+ endgame dungeons and raids and boating etc etc, then Lost Ark is coming! They even released 13th class *of 18 overall classes) called Lance Master. But here is some taste of some other classes!

3 hours ago, Psyclon-KT said:

Don't be sad if u like costumes and cool chars and nice pvp and 50+ endgame dungeons and raids and boating etc etc, then Lost Ark is coming! They even released 13th class *of 18 overall classes) called Lance Master. But here is some taste of some other classes!

What is the reason to have beautiful armor if you can not see it in combat? You are and always will be an NCS pet. If you want to see your character then you need to pay. This is ridiculous. This anomaly was the worst idea anyone had for an MMO. Nothing has been as destructive to the AION story as these transformations and enchantment.

Bruuh... Aion has always been a game I come back to even after a few longer breaks and it makes me very sad to see that NCWest is still not listening and IF they do, actions speak louder than words. I've always prefered when they out out something in-game which ACTUALLY works. I'd rather wait for a patch than get a broken one, which we can't enjoy for months after release. It just doesn't makes sense to me unless I think about their business and the money they are trying to earn while dropping their own community and sort of stabbing them in their backs. u.u

I've been playing Tera and BDO on and off and those are games I'd like to believe NCWest could learn something from them. :/

12 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

I'd rather wait for a patch than get a broken one, which we can't enjoy for months after release.

This x 9000. Game companies constantly make that mistake. Do you know how many broken games I have played because the companies management team pushes the Dev team to get something done by some date so they can get rich off it ASAP? All they're doing is shooting themselves in the foot. It takes time to create something good, they shouldn't strap them to a time table to get it done, every time they do, they end up losing more money they could have made in the long run if they just worked it out , took their time, and got it right the 1st time. Blame their greedy ways. Gotta hurry up and buy that Mansion in Hawaii. Nyerk the game and what people think about it. Get that money and go.

13 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

Isn't that from Bluehole? Same that is yet to optimize PUBG? :S

I'm having fun in WOW playing for the first time in 15 years!

Bluehole has also developed TERA. If I remember right, there's some involvement from some previous Aion devs working on A:IR.

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

Bluehole has also developed TERA. If I remember right, there's some involvement from some previous Aion devs working on A:IR.

I'm not sure if any of those references are good, though! Tera is kinda dead, isn't it? It's also not optimized, or at least it wasn't when I tried it. And Aion, oh well, still lags when an enemy gets close even if you have 600GB/s SSD and DDR4 5000000MHz RAM!

3 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Which Aion version developers ? If 6.0 developers then I say no no ¬¬

6 hours ago, Konkers-EK said:

Isn't that from Bluehole? Same that is yet to optimize PUBG? :S

I'm having fun in WOW playing for the first time in 15 years!

Yeah, but as far as I know PUBG will always be poorly optimized due to the engine its on(?) I've not played it personally, so I can't say either way. Just 3rd hand knowledge on it.

6 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

As for old Aion Devs working on it I wouldn't know, but out of all of the MMOs to be released in the next 1-3 years, it has my highest hopes.

11 minutes ago, Siax-EK said:

Yeah, but as far as I know PUBG will always be poorly optimized due to the engine its on(?) I've not played it personally, so I can't say either way. Just 3rd hand knowledge on it.

A:IR does use UE (unreal engine) too. True it's not UE4, but still.

Archived