I'm sad.

Gwin-DN

11 hours ago, Konkers-EK said:

I'm not sure if any of those references are good, though! Tera is kinda dead, isn't it? It's also not optimized, or at least it wasn't when I tried it. And Aion, oh well, still lags when an enemy gets close even if you have 600GB/s SSD and DDR4 5000000MHz RAM!

I've had no issues with Tera and I played it with a GTX 760 and 8 GB of RAM. Now I have a GTX 1060 so I guess that would be even better. Also, I don't think Tera is that dead. When I played the EU servers it did feel so, but I generally stayed playing NA (Enmasse) and it's fairly populated. The game has always been about getting to level 65 fast and do endgame things.

7 hours ago, Shayded-KT said:

Tera had Devs from Ncsoft , that game was 2011? So probably the same ones for A:IR guessing. The Aion 6.0 devs are still here. 

I know when A:IR was announced, it was mentioned the current developer team had people who worked on Aion back in the day, I'm guessing 2009-2012. I'd need to find that piece of information to confirm that though.

17 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

What does A:IR stand for? Never heard of it until now.

Ascent: Infinite Realm. Although I've read some pretty sad things about it when it comes to cash shop. I read it's going to be like BDO's cash shop with pets and other P2W stuff. After Aion, I've never been so hyped about a game again. From whatching videos, the combat feels nice and the steam-punked style is quite cool. Interface also seems simple and solid.

Let's hope!

54 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Ascent: Infinite Realm. Although I've read some pretty sad things about it when it comes to cash shop. I read it's going to be like BDO's cash shop with pets and other P2W stuff. After Aion, I've never been so hyped about a game again. From whatching videos, the combat feels nice and the steam-punked style is quite cool. Interface also seems simple and solid.

Let's hope!

Thanks. I'll check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys! i, too have many issues with 6.0, including the shafted lore, the deleted maps, the walled-off areas, and the typos....oh god the typos.....

but anyway, if you're specifically looking for the maps, the cosmetics, etc., like i think @Aieryn-DN was (i've been stalking a lot of aion nostalgia threads, lmao) there's a single-player emulator for aion out there. all you need is the emulator files and a client. the one i found only works for 5.8, which i know isn't ideal for some people, but better than sitting through some nyerkt xform sequence, imo.

there are older client files on mega and google drive.

i'm not sure about the legality of such a thing so i'm not going to link anything here :eyes:, but since it's presumably personal and nonprofit, it should fall under fair use.

meanwhile, i'm thinking of changing my dead discord server to an aion discussion/nostalgia server with unqualified tech support...since i think a lot of people are upset with 6.x+. i'm not much of a moderator, and also busy, but here's the link if anyone's interested: https://discord.gg/eJX3b3F

On 5/13/2019 at 11:19 AM, KonkersGG-EK said:

Let's hope!

1) I literally Googled "A:IR" and found out the game's name.  

2) Lost Ark is an MMO, not an MMORPG. It's a Diablo type game, not a WoW / GW2 / Aion type game.

3) A:IR may be an MMORPG, but it's like Final Fantasy games.  It's not like FFXI or FFXIV (or Aion).

Neither of these games are fair and accurate replacements for Aion...

30 minutes ago, Gorokai-DN said:

1) I literally Googled "A:IR" and found out the game's name.  

2) Lost Ark is an MMO, not an MMORPG. It's a Diablo type game, not a WoW / GW2 / Aion type game.

3) A:IR may be an MMORPG, but it's like Final Fantasy games.  It's not like FFXI or FFXIV (or Aion).

Neither of these games are fair and accurate replacements for Aion...

Both are MMORPGs and both can be a replacement to Aion. It's obvious that Lost Ark doesn't have the combat style that I love in Aion, but A:IR certainly appears to have a good combat system.

On 5/2/2019 at 2:06 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

I am in the minority, but I actually don't mind a game that requires some of my money every month and a decent amount of grinding IF it works properly. The problem with Aion is that it's constantly broken in various ways.

Same here. I currently subscribe to several games and am a lifetime subscriber on one of them. I subscribed to Aion since it's release and kept up my sub even after Aion went ftp, and bought monthly Prestige thereafter. That is, until 6.0. Since 6.0 I must save my money for Transparency scrolls to be available to combat that ridiculousness for I REFUSE to look like some plushy pillow cartoon, or a CocaCola Polar bear, or worse, after spending the lengthy time I do in character creation.

All it will take is for me to find another game that allows me to sprout bird-like wings and fly in it with a level of realism Aion has, and a halfway decent storyline to go with it for me to close a ten-plus year history in my gaming life. I certainly will not mind dropping a little monthly stipend toward this if I ever find it for I do not have a problem with that as long as the game brings me enjoyment the way Aion used to.

On 02.05.2019 at 6:01 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

It sucks because Aion has such a great combat system and pvp mechanics. I haven't found another game that is similar to Aion in those ways.

Aion combat system doesn't even compare to BnS's. BnS system it's much much better, I think it's actually one of the best among mmos.

It's long time since I'm done with Aion, I loved this game, but it's not the game I played few years ago anymore. Many bad changes, deleting tons of regions, messing the story so bad... Events were once great as well.  3.0-4.7 was the golden age of this game, for me at least. RIP. I was hyped, like everyone here, for 6.0, hoping the game will be better. "Going back to the good era" , "Going back to your Aion", as the 6.0 trailer says. That's not the case.

4 hours ago, Shinryu-EK said:

Aion combat system doesn't even compare to BnS's. BnS system it's much much better, I think it's actually one of the best among mmos.

If it was one of the best why do they already have just 2 servers?

20 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

If it was one of the best why do they already have just 2 servers?

Gonna go out on a limb since I only played BnS about 3~5hrs, but if they have the same ppl making the marketing/localisation decisions as Aion, game's doomed.

Archived