Q & A session with the Community

Sgt Sneak

I am sure it is with in your means and it could possibly, if you all still care for the health of the game, help uplift spirits and help the game spring back some. There is a clear detachment between the players and the Dev team leads and or projects managers. I understand how it feels being the middle man and feeling hopeless (Being an NCO in the army you get that feeling alot). However, there are things that can be done to help the community feel more involved that are simple. When your team is sitting around wargaming battle plans for fixing these issues maybe poll the community in. This would not only inform us that there is forward progress but allow us to at least feel we have a say in the direction of the game....ANNDDDDDD...if it goes south then guess what? You can say that's what you lil mofo's asked for and we gave it to you now eat it (not in those words but yea). Silence is a killer @Cyan and you have the unfortunate role of communicating that silence to the mass of us. Even if it is to tell us that things are f'ed up beyond recognition and that multiple attempts to fix have failed and this is the issue blah blah blah we would (at least I know I would) appreciate that knowledge. Some people that barely speak up on the forums are voicing their distress and the silence is a slap in the face. I say f' it send us the Dev team rep and let us tear into their ass for a change. Just sayin....Sneak Out!

5 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

What is to stop you from getting the community together and voice your opinions then sending it in to NC and letting them cherry pick what they can change?

Have you read the forums? Read LFG? The worst thing about Aion is the way it is treated by NCWest. The second worse thing about Aion is the player base. We can't agree on anything. Put more than 2 of us in one spot and someone is going to pick a fight with someone else just because. We are like a snake eating it's own tail. Sneak tries to get everyone in one place and someone is going to not go because Sneak accidentally rolled on this person's Kromede orb 7 years ago and someone else is going to not go because Sneak doesn't PvP enough or PvPs too much and those two will tell all their friends not to go with. And then someone else is going to wondered who died and made Sneak king and that the real king should be them because they have better gear and win all their arenas (against their own alts.. but a win is a win, am I right?) and make their own get together. And so on and so on.

How do you think having cyan or a dev run it will change it in any way? The only difference is instead of sneak getting attacked its the dev team or cyan and lets face it cyan already gets attacked a lot.

Basically until the community decides to actually do something to better itself why should developers put themselves in-between the toxicity in a game they more then likely want to just shut down. I am all for a Q&A btw before you think i am not i just do not believe that you need a developer or cyan to run it because with out a doubt they 100% know what it is going to be like.

This post was to get ideas and to further an idea. I dont mind writing up and collaborating ideas but as @Aly-DN said it takes a collective effort and they will not listen to one players cry for change. I care for the health of this game and I consistently query them to allow me to help mediate between them and the community but I get ignored so this is my only way to try to put together thoughts. I have a discord if anyone wants to chat offline and maybe get realistic ideas together and I will email their support staff with these. Lets be honest we hate the way things are but we are attached to the game so let's stop the pretend quitting and be constructive. 

And who do we suppose would answer any questions we might have?

Gideon hasn't been logged into the forums since December 3rd 2018

b1e64a645e.png

and hime is busy with aion legions. cyan is the lowest level of NC employee that works on aion and has no power what so ever. He can't even let us know what our PRODUCER AKA BOSS MAN is up too these days. no producers letter 7 months into a whole game changing patch.

I like the idea of union, but unfortunately all the problems of AION were not caused by the community nor by the game. All problems were caused by NCS.

AION is the best MMO that ever existed, but AION will never reach its full potential. The game was deconstructed.

I also know that community is different from what it was in the past, but it is also a consequence of wrong decisions. The NCS after version 5 destroyed the formation of groups. It destroyed the leaderships with a random SIEGE that prevented the formation of strategy and hierarchy

The truth is only one.

If the game owner decided to deconstruct their own business, we customers have no option.

There is only one way out for us.

We should not put a single penny in this game and let NCS make its decision. 

Either they close AION or make the necessary changes for AION to grow. There is no other way.

If the NCS decision is to close the game. I'm sorry. You should look for some other MMO to play and is life following.

If the NCS resolves to pay attention to the community and make the necessary adjustments. This will keep some jobs and the player base.

It is all.

12 minutes ago, Gwin-DN said:

AION is the best MMO that ever existed, but AION will never reach its full potential. The game was deconstructed.

Aion is the MMO we like it is not the best mmo that ever existed... If it was it would of never went f2p .

12 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Aion is the MMO we like it is not the best mmo that ever existed... If it was it would of never went f2p .

Agreed, All the problems with Aion seem to have arose from that one fateful decision. Even after it did go f2p I still kept up my subscription and then bought Prestige passes after that monthly. Now they've even ruined how Prestige works.

I do play one other game (mmo) where you have wings and fly but it lacks Aion's sense of realism. In it though you can fly everywhere which makes up for it a bit although the game's storyline needs much polishing.

In short, while I do hope Aion does start listening to us, the decisions for the game and how it progresses are not made by NCS or NCWest. They are made in Korea.

Those like Cyan do listen to us and reply to our comments. But alas, they are not the decision-makers for the game and it's direction.

The problem with those that do make decisions is that they seem to have a sort of Tunnel Vision, meaning that they make decisions for Aion based only on the consumer climate for Aion and other games like it are in their country Korea, and ignore said consumer climate on the state of the game internationally or in other countries hence Transformations, for example:

While it is acceptable gaming practice in Korea and most of Asia to spend time creating a relatively "humanoid" appearing character then transform into a cartoon animal for gameplay, this practice is NOT  so acceptable in North America or Europe (sry, hadn't had a chance to research how Australia in general feels on this).

Many of us here in the west played Korea's version of 6.0 Aion before it was released both here in the US and ion Europe, and much displeasure regarding transforming into a cartoon animal for gameplay after spending so much time creating the perfect character were expressed -and ignored by the decisionmakers in Korea. And this (transformations) is only one example. There are many other such examples too numerous to mention.

Until that tunnel vision changes, nothing else will I'm afraid.

10 hours ago, Sorsha-DN said:

The focus of Cyan and the dev team are in B&S not Aion so it seems.

In South America everyone also rejects the transformations. 

Speaking of transformations, I would like to ask Cyan what he thinks of transforming the character he has in B & S into a panda bear or any other animal, will be good for him? he'll like it?

Well, maybe they thinks so. What does not affect me is irrelevant. Let the community explode. The game is it and if you dont like, the problem is yours.

6 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

I mean they are working on BnS switching from Unreal Engine 3 to 4, while we are stuck with a veeeerrryyy old CryEngine 3, so go figure... What happened with Aion 2? X3

Are you on crack? Aion uses CryEngine 1, not 3! I wish it was 3, roflmao! ArcheAge uses CryEngine 3.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:04 AM, Aieryn-DN said:

The problem with those that do make decisions is that they seem to have a sort of Tunnel Vision, meaning that they make decisions for Aion based only on the consumer climate for Aion and other games like it are in their country Korea, and ignore said consumer climate on the state of the game internationally or in other countries hence Transformations, for example:

While it is acceptable gaming practice in Korea and most of Asia to spend time creating a relatively "humanoid" appearing character then transform into a cartoon animal for gameplay, this practice is NOT  so acceptable in North America or Europe (sry, hadn't had a chance to research how Australia in general feels on this).

Australia does not care about toxic payment models because that is the only way for a game to survive in our region.

I like the thought process behind the original post here.   There are ways that we could set up some meet and greets with community managers.  Without them being burned at the stake.  Its very obvious that the overall player base has a rainbow of emotions based on how the game has changed.  

So back on topic.  I would strongly encourage the CMs to reach out to players.  Perhaps even on a 1 on 1 basis to talk about the game.  These forums are supposed to be our place, but we often get over looked here.   Join a discord server and talk to the players.  Hell you could even pretend that you dont know how to play and need some help navigating the content.   Perhaps the biggest problem we have is the disconnect that CMs dont play anymore? If you did you would know there are still hundreds of reasonable people who play and care about this game and want to help fix it.  Come talk to us. Stay anonymous, prolly safest..  but please start working with us.

7 hours ago, Amarah-KT said:

I like the thought process behind the original post here.   There are ways that we could set up some meet and greets with community managers.  Without them being burned at the stake.  Its very obvious that the overall player base has a rainbow of emotions based on how the game has changed.  

So back on topic.  I would strongly encourage the CMs to reach out to players.  Perhaps even on a 1 on 1 basis to talk about the game.  These forums are supposed to be our place, but we often get over looked here.   Join a discord server and talk to the players.  Hell you could even pretend that you dont know how to play and need some help navigating the content.   Perhaps the biggest problem we have is the disconnect that CMs dont play anymore? If you did you would know there are still hundreds of reasonable people who play and care about this game and want to help fix it.  Come talk to us. Stay anonymous, prolly safest..  but please start working with us.

I think emotions are mostly black at this stage. But yeah, if they wanted to know what is happening to their game, they just needed to ask. No need to ID yourself. No need to defend your boss. I tried to stream this game back near 5.8 to 6.0 transition. The game was .... rough to play, to say the least. But what really compounded the situation is radio silence and that made really hard for me to answer question people had.

People have evolved in how they play games in general. Just come up with questions that asks us what made Aion great in the first place. Dumping surveys to satisfied players that are still playing is not the same as asking those that have stopped.

On 9.5.2019 at 4:34 PM, KonkersGG-EK said:

Hahahaha! Oh well!

And btw, Aion 2 was the mobile game. There is no Aion 2 project. At least not that anyone knows.

This is actually not so true. Apparently there is still an Aion project going on if you do a bit of research since they also posted job offers for this particular project. It also stated it'll be running on UE 4, but that's about it. There are just no more infos! *sighs*

Guess we'll wait and see! I'm sure if this is an actually thing, it'll probably take a few years.

Archived