Easy compensation for current issues

LeDoosh-DN

Turn on a generous server wide XP and Drop rate buffs until the GP/AP issue is fixed. We know u can turn these buffs on at your discretion as its been done before when issues arise. Then, once a GP/AP fix has been patched, turn on a large AP buff for the amount of weeks the issue was present. You may be able to calculate the amount of GP loss per the average player but you will never be able to calculate the amount of AP lost with the amount of luna resets and AP stars people are willing to use. The XP/Drop rate buff will help appease whats left of the playerbase and allow them to farm mats for upgrades and progression when the underlying issues are eventually fixed. 

@Cyan

Always good to see people coming up with ideas, but none of those buffs would really interest me. I have no issues at all gaining AP or XP and while of course I would welcome a 200% drop buff, that’s poor compensation by comparison to getting a survey with stones and fragments and contracts .

These buffs werent meant to be an end all be all. Obviously they need to compensate for lost siege rewards and other items. And just as the buffs I proposed for the mean time don't interest you, your toughts on the subject don't interest me. When I want to know what interests you, well, I won't

I wouldn't consider a drop rate buff compensation for what we are going through right now. A drop rate buff isn't going to give me motivation to play right now because this bug has made forward progress totally impossible and has removed the rewards for 50% of the game.

And an AP buff once the bug has been fixed doesn't compensate -me- for what I missed out on. It's a kin to giving every single player a survey when the buff is fixed as compensation when this bug has effected those who continued to play through it more than it did those who never had a problem (were rank 1), never participated in PvP activities any way or stopped playing because of the bug.

I truly believe that they need to go back and give every single character the exact amount of AP, GP and siege rewards that they earned while the bug was active. That's probably a dream and becomes even more unlikely the longer the bug is active. But it is what is -fair-.

8 minutes ago, tonton-DN said:

they cant give compesation based on how much ap/gp u have farmed while the bug is active, cus many many MANY players just stopped going to siege or doing basic pvp instances just cus it doesnt give any ap/gp

Sure they can. If someone stopped, that was their decision. If someone continued to play, they deserve the rewards they would have gotten.

Just now, Aly-DN said:

Sure they can. If someone stopped, that was their decision. If someone continued to play, they deserve the rewards they would have gotten.

makes no sense, why would someone do siege/finish pvp isntances if they give no gp/ap. coming from someone who does every single pvp instance

Many people did. Probably because they figured that they would be compensated for what they actually did.. and not just for existing at a time when there was a bug. Is that what you want to happen? Every account that happened to exist at this time should get a fat load of ap, gp and siege rewards just because it was created before there was a bug?

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

Many people did. Probably because they figured that they would be compensated for what they actually did.. and not just for existing at a time when there was a bug. Is that what you want to happen? Every account that happened to exist at this time should get a fat load of ap, gp and siege rewards just because it was created before there was a bug?

ok.

I am thinking about the recent bug with enchanting. Those who actually enchanted during that time were given a large number of enchantment stones in compensation, even though everyone was effected by the bug. Only those that enchanted received compensation. That involved parsing logs too.

This bug, as game breaking as it is, will take more work and NCWest hasn't shown themselves super likely to do tons of work very often. 

What they should do is do that work and compensate each person individually what they earned. What they will probably do is do some half-arsed survey once per account that makes no sense at all since some people, as I said, continued to play and siege and should be compensated far more generously than some alt account that never does anything PvPish. Consider how fair that survey is going to be. Consider those with multiple characters on one account that all run PvP instances? Imagine what a survey like this is going to do to the GP seasons. Seriously think about what a one-size-fits-all survey is going to do to the game.

200% buff rate and ap for these past 2 weeks? I would like a drop rate that gives 6 purples per instance and maybe 5 fluxes per one mob instead of just 1. They have officially stripped this game down that is giving you no rewards for playing this game even though it's unintended and are taking way to long to fix it.

NC isn't going to go through all the logs to give you guys AP/GP. They even said in support to not even bother running instances at the current time. They are now backpedaling to stop resetting of instances now that people are mad even though they knew about it before the patch.

Just compensate us with the past 2 weeks of WINS on every instance + 25% more ap/gp and all siege rewards +50% more enchantments.

l'm more interested to see what they do about the people that have taken breaks and or just stopped playing Aion now. It really tells you something when this bug hasn't gotten fixed for 2 weeks.

6 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I am thinking about the recent bug with enchanting. Those who actually enchanted during that time were given a large number of enchantment stones in compensation, even though everyone was effected by the bug. Only those that enchanted received compensation. That involved parsing logs too.

This bug, as game breaking as it is, will take more work and NCWest hasn't shown themselves super likely to do tons of work very often. 

What they should do is do that work and compensate each person individually what they earned. What they will probably do is do some half-arsed survey once per account that makes no sense at all since some people, as I said, continued to play and siege and should be compensated far more generously than some alt account that never does anything PvPish. Consider how fair that survey is going to be. Consider those with multiple characters on one account that all run PvP instances? Imagine what a survey like this is going to do to the GP seasons. Seriously think about what a one-size-fits-all survey is going to do to the game.

That's not a fair comparison because enchanting takes minimal time and can be delayed while the things like siege and instances take time and you can miss out. Right now people miss out cause they get nothing, and we have no guarantee we will be compensated appropriately but we do know is if you go you are spending time. The problem is even compounded for prestige users and those who wished to go on prestige but will not do so as its considered a waste. Why have more instance resets if it doesn't help you.

We don't know how long this bug is going to come for but we can't go on and do instances or siege to get nothing and hope NCsoft will be trustworthy when in the past NCsoft has shown time and time again to be dishonest and broken promises.

I agree that those who do choose to waste their time should be compensated more but minus the GP gain otherwise it'll double up from a single siege, but let them double up from a siege win in terms of the mail rewards.
Everyone who could have attended siege or do instances should be compensated as if they had prestige pack and that they won, while everyone that did do it should get those rewards + activities for which they showed up.

It is actually very fair.

Enchanting isn't just sitting there and trying stones. It often involves running instances to get the stones and then getting the material to morph the stones and only then sitting down and trying the stones. I can't imagine the frustration someone who put in all that time to get enough stones to try and enchant a piece of gear felt when they failed and found out that the rates had been changed.

Everybody should be compesanted in someway, Those who attended the siege, should receive the correspondent box for having won or lost and with the corresponding GP. And also with the AP if they went to the other pvp insatces as dredge and ID or instances like HM

And those who did not attend the first sieges and do not have the problem triggered by the Army status (as my self) should be compensated too, because as @Aly-DN mentioned in her previous post, we are limited in the things we can do to keep improving our gear.

How much AP do you earn a week if you don't spend Luna to reset? Someone told me a week they usually make 14.5mil. so round it to 15mil. 2 weeks in boom 30mil AP and idk how many PvP bags you would receive but they should just give out legendary stones only. Just give everyone a box containing 50 legendary PvP stones. I mean it's rng anyways, you could get no where with them. Please don't give us ancients to have to morph them... Hopefully I don't sound needy but I do expect to get compensation on all my 7 toons on my account. These people have the ability to hand out ANYTHING, they are basically God's in the game so it really shouldn't be that difficult. Especially when some people on EK were given compensation gear I mean really they can create and hand out anything. Why should I log on and do these things when they aren't working. Basically depending how they handle this, will determine how many players will remain. Maybe this is how they merge into 1 server. We call all die together?

On 04/05/2019 at 6:34 PM, Aly-DN said:

It dont work on siege. Or better it dont Worth to dig. 

Archived