Weekly Server Maintenance - May 8, 2019

Cyan

8 hours ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

This seems like the right place to post this? Cyan is a CM, a community manager. His job is only to be a link between players and devs to get information out. Contact support (GM's who ban) or the email it tells you to contact.

Dude I can post wherever I want, cause this is an NC issue and they are banning people for no reason after this maintenance, especially now during an event where we can't miss a single day if we don't want to be screwed. But mind you, my issue is solved.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I retract my comment about this weekly maintenance, this Shugo Emperor's Vault event has some awesome rewards, but there is no way one can achieve the 2K coins needed for the selective legendary transformation contract without buying at leased 9,600 BCM coins for 60 odd Shugo Emperor's vault reset scrolls, at average of 20-35 coins per run (Even with S rank) you would still barely make enough to make 2K coins by the time the event ends, I see this as a P2W (Full Stop) I thought this would be a good time for my self & others to finally get a decent transformation, but i see only those that have money pockets or the best RNG/Luck will get these things, seems go old hard work & time gets very little these days, this is my opinion so please take it as you will, but I am only speaking my mind as a loyal long time player that has some of the worst luck possible in this game which is why I hoped this event could have renewed me some.

If this is a mistake or bug I hope it can be fixed in time for us players to have a fair go to get enough coins for these rewards without paying through the nose for it.

Kind regards

8 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I and many others have gotten legendary transforms without spending a dime for contracts or events. (Ofc mine wasn't for my class! RNGesus giveth and RNGesus yoinketh away.) It isn't impossible. It's difficult and it should be.

We just came from an event that was handing out ancient contracts like candy absolutely free as long as you were willing to put in the time. Is it any wonder that the next event has a pay wall for the best prizes? Read that again.. for the BEST prizes. And that pay wall isn't actually even a pay wall! Since the resets are not by luna and are by scroll, you can "pay2win" with KINAH and not even with real money.

After the AP/GP bug we just came through and the looming compensation for that bug (which might very well be totally unfair), all these tears are beyond perplexing. 

One of the few sensible posts on the forums.

Its impossible to get coins in that event without p2w, i have Prestige and no extra entrance for it, no point on having a VIP, whem we have the chance to get something, its a bait! PLEASE, do as u guys did at Flower Event, up the coins to 20 at normal bags and 100 in the large.

It would be nice if prestige got PRESTIGE for the event...one extra key a day would mean the difference between making that 1000 mark. A chance to drop a reset scroll in the chest would aid the progression astronomically depending on the drop rate. 

Not to distract from the conversation above, but I am very curious... Has anyone tried using the free plastic surgery ticket to fix their character's eye color? Do you just have to enter the character editor and use the ticket for it to correct itself, or do you have to fool around with the pupil or eye color settings?

23 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

Not to distract from the conversation above, but I am very curious... Has anyone tried using the free plastic surgery ticket to fix their character's eye color? Do you just have to enter the character editor and use the ticket for it to correct itself, or do you have to fool around with the pupil or eye color settings?

I changed the eye on each affected character. When you go in, your character looks fine. To be safe, I would fiddle.

what is really interesting about ppl is that they only notice the legendary transformation as reward so they want it so much and forget what is the normal price or cost you need to get it...... that is like asking NC to give you free 1000$ and only thing you need to do is participate everyday lol

Just now, OnionKnight-DN said:

what is really interesting about ppl is that they only notice the legendary transformation as reward so they want it so much and forget what is the normal price or cost you need to get it...... that is like asking NC to give you free 1000$ and only thing you need to do is participate everyday lol

Or that they would give you $150 worth of BCM things just for being on a dead server!

tenor.gif?itemid=4412618

I would so love to follow Ncsoft's business model. I will open a business do as little as I can while clearly not having much interest in my customers but they still give me revenue. Seems solid to me from looking at some of the posts on the forums. It is so clear they don't care about NA but here we have people still defending some of their most blatantly greedy ideas while using that some ole "It's a business. How do you expect them to make money!!!". What I have learnt is that if you treat your customers well they won't think twice about giving you money. Unless I had a specific business that when I treated some customers better than others because they spend more and ignore the ones that don't and I could still turn a huge profit that would be great. We have/had bugs in our version that have been active for a very long time and are still active. Items that other regions have that we should have *cough* transparent scrolls *coughs* yet people are on here going "Omg f2p player be happy with what you have!!!". You do know when the f2p people leave the servers will shut down and Ncsoft will leave with all your real life kinah right?  Now let's take a moment of silence in remembrance to City of Heroes. :(

5 hours ago, Briearios-DN said:

I would so love to follow Ncsoft's business model. I will open a business do as little as I can while clearly not having much interest in my customers but they still give me revenue. Seems solid to me from looking at some of the posts on the forums. It is so clear they don't care about NA but here we have people still defending some of their most blatantly greedy ideas while using that some ole "It's a business. How do you expect them to make money!!!". What I have learnt is that if you treat your customers well they won't think twice about giving you money. Unless I had a specific business that when I treated some customers better than others because they spend more and ignore the ones that don't and I could still turn a huge profit that would be great. We have/had bugs in our version that have been active for a very long time and are still active. Items that other regions have that we should have *cough* transparent scrolls *coughs* yet people are on here going "Omg f2p player be happy with what you have!!!". You do know when the f2p people leave the servers will shut down and Ncsoft will leave with all your real life kinah right?  Now let's take a moment of silence in remembrance to City of Heroes. :(

Word.

19 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I and many others have gotten legendary transforms without spending a dime for contracts or events. (Ofc mine wasn't for my class! RNGesus giveth and RNGesus yoinketh away.) It isn't impossible. It's difficult and it should be.

We just came from an event that was handing out ancient contracts like candy absolutely free as long as you were willing to put in the time. Is it any wonder that the next event has a pay wall for the best prizes? Read that again.. for the BEST prizes. And that pay wall isn't actually even a pay wall! Since the resets are not by luna and are by scroll, you can "pay2win" with KINAH and not even with real money.

After the AP/GP bug we just came through and the looming compensation for that bug (which might very well be totally unfair), all these tears are beyond perplexing. 

Ye.

Back in 5.8 when I enchanted a Sunayaka Staff from +15 to +25 without a single fail using (mostly) omegas I got from luna, while people spent 150+ omegas and lots of real money to end up with it on +15.

Getting something for free doenst mean everybody will get. I know hard work easy the things up and I know we're talking about Aion, i'm a player since 1.5... 

but farming 3-4 months to get a transformation that won't affect your class isn't supposed to be something rewarding.

This is one of the reasons that Aion is failing in any overseas server (its also bombing on Korea, but even more in the rest of the world lel)

4 hours ago, Lapis-DN said:

Ye.

Back in 5.8 when I enchanted a Sunayaka Staff from +15 to +25 without a single fail using (mostly) omegas I got from luna, while people spent 150+ omegas and lots of real money to end up with it on +15.

Getting something for free doenst mean everybody will get. I know hard work easy the things up and I know we're talking about Aion, i'm a player since 1.5... 

but farming 3-4 months to get a transformation that won't affect your class isn't supposed to be something rewarding.

This is one of the reasons that Aion is failing in any overseas server (its also bombing on Korea, but even more in the rest of the world lel)

Biggest problem is that EVERYTHING in Aion is RNG. Drops, socketing, enchanting, retuning, transforms, minions. Everything that can make your character better is based on RNG. There is no "do this 10 times, if it fails, we guarantee the success" or something like it. Instead of keeping players, this frustrates them.

So either make that as a feature (as we had in the past with crafting, for example) or make instances unlimited but lower a little (JUST A TINY BIT) the drops. Maybe it wont work but maybe it will. What we know is that the way it is right now, is not working for the majority of the player base, and they are leaving.

If you all remember the fenris pants quest I believe you have to craft a balaur heart that was near impossible for some but some got it first try others not ever. Eventually they implemented a system that allowed you to recycle the failed hearts into a different craft to help people complete the quest. By then I didnt care about it anymore and moved on to something else. Took time but at least then you felt they heard your cries for help. I don't ask for something for nothing. I put hours daily into the game and money in addition to my prestige pack monthly. I think it is ignorant for people to suggest that since they have something and got it one way that other people should be happy not having because they were either not as lucky or lack the means to whale or no life as hard as others. Events and surveys were a core part of the game even if it was simple things because it sent a message to the community that even if we dont give an immediate fix that they hear us and care. Surveys didnt even always have much in them but it felt good to log in and see a lil something from NCS...just my two cents from supporting this game since launch and still adamant about uplifting this game.

Cyan ignoring players on this thread meanwhile he close another thread of ppl asking for this too? 

meh.... 

nothing new in this rotten world....

350px-Jinsoyun.png?version=c358fde91a1b7

I dont know how many games Ncwest need to close before to know if they hear their players they get money.

43 minutes ago, Sachibi-DN said:

Cyan ignoring players on this thread meanwhile he close another thread of ppl asking for this too? 

*snip*

Asking for what?

I mean.. there is no need to have 10 threads talking about the same thing or asking for the same thing. So it makes sense to close new ones and let everyone talk in one thread. It's a pain to try and remember what has been discussed when it's being spread over many threads.

Though.. this is a maint thread. It's a mish-mash of things. What exactly are you asking for that you feel there aren't enough threads about it?

21 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Asking for what?

I mean.. there is no need to have 10 threads talking about the same thing or asking for the same thing. So it makes sense to close new ones and let everyone talk in one thread. It's a pain to try and remember what has been discussed when it's being spread over many threads.

Though.. this is a maint thread. It's a mish-mash of things. What exactly are you asking for that you feel there aren't enough threads about it?

ejuTHOnh.jpg

I mean, if he have time for close thread, why dont answer ppl here?

I feel that @cyan will not respond and will not do anything about it since hau p2w they have everything and they will not make claims and we are few what we raise our voice, I think that for them to be aware of this cyan and all the gm is not to connect one day but all but I know that this would be done by few people because we are few if we are interested in a solution, but the p2w will pass by and continue with their lives because they do not care about the problems of others, so in my opinion It would be good if you can do that, do not connect for a day so that you feel that this goes on if you do not fix these problems that affect most of the players of all the servers.

and sorry for my bad english but I try to express my anger because always the same in the events, because they do not take the income of another way and not nyerking the people, that always one gets excited in each event, but later it is deprecated by the They stupid that they commit.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived