Uau P2W Event..... Pls take point on our feedback

1 minute ago, Juju-EK said:

Supporting a game because you enjoy it is just fine. Defending its predatory practices (terrible payment-locked content) because you spend the money anyway is not fine. It leads to a worse game in the end, which the dwindling population should signify.

Spend the money if you want, but don't try to justify it by claiming you keep the game open (like the p2w people always claim). The company literally makes hundreds of millions in profit from its games. You're not doing anything for Aion but showing the developer that they can implement garbage content and still walk away with a profit - which is exactly how we got into the situation with the bugged abyss points.

Exactly, and we also need to remember a free to play game dies, when the free players quit. And free to play gamers will quit because at some point they are walking dummies for those who paid enough money so they can be at the top of the food chain.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was really looking forward to this event but, like many others, after seeing how it's actually been implemented I find myself disappointed. I can understand where people are coming from, and I can accept the legendary selection box being a purely p2w reward. However, the fact that the random legendary isn't even achievable by running every day of the event with S rank seems... a bit underhanded. From the looks of things, some people won't even be able to manage an ancient.

(If you want to charge players for legendary transformations, then cut the crap and put legendary contracts on the BCM.)

But what I don't understand is this: So much of the 6.0 patch has been about rebalancing- gear, skills, classes, the economy, instances, abyss ranks. Why are so many people on the forums right now, across all the different threads on the topic of this most recent event, acting as though everyone getting a legendary transformation for their class and being on an even playing field with everyone else, is a bad thing? 

10 hours ago, SevenLions-KT said:

Uh... Legendary transformations were never meant to be available to everyone... If that were the case, they might as well just scrape all the normal, greater, and ancient transformation, and make legendaries the new "standard". Why do you think the tiers existed to begin with?

There are different tiers of transformations for the same reason there's different tiers of gear. You start at the bottom and work your way up to better and better gear, transformations, and manastones. Pretty much everyone who played when 6.0 first dropped got their ancient transformations during the pumpking event in October; there haven't been any other events as rewarding with ancient contracts until the flower event approximately six months later. It's fair if people think the legendary selection box is a little much, but it's hardly ridiculous for us to want the average player to have at least one legendary transformation under their belt by now. 

23 minutes ago, Haniya-DN said:

-snip-

but it's hardly ridiculous for us to want the average player to have at least one legendary transformation under their belt by now. 

I strongly disagree. If you are an average player and have been working for a legendary for 6 months like you say, you'd have one. 

My take: 

Okay, and what about the people who have been participating in every event and every pve instance on every toon on their account since 6.0 dropped, who don't have a legendary transformation or even the best ancient transform for their class? You're absolutely full of nonsense and assuming every player has the same experience as you. It's almost as if Aion doesn't inherently reward you for your time and effort. Perhaps RNG is at play here...! :0

35 minutes ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

Of the MANY people I know with legendary transformations, MOST got theirs for free via instances or events or what have you.

Imagine getting a legendary transformation for free from an event. 

30 minutes ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

You want a legendary transformation for participation.

And yes, obviously? Please explain how else we're supposed to get transformations if not by playing the game, of which events are a part? P2W is an option, yes, but you keep citing laziness as the reason people don't have legendaries, and I don't think paying for it isn't inherently more honest or hardworking. Not every single player needs to have the ideal legendary transform for their class at this exact moment, but they should have at least one. Because like you said in your other thread, it's been months and months and they should have one if they've been participating. And they have been participating. They've been playing the game, running the instances, participating in the events, and a lot of us just don't have luck on our side.

There's nothing wrong at all with an event that rewards you in a 1:1 ratio of time/effort you put in and rewards you get out of it. The day to day RNG doesn't do this; that's the point of events. So if people dutifully run the event every day and get S rank, they should be able to get a nice reward. Maybe not the best of the best, but a nice one all the same.

normally if you want a random Legendary transformation you need 1000$ and its not guaranteed. In this event you only need average 600 bags = 100 runs = 16000Ncoin to get a 100% legendary and you can select it. I cannot say its not a decent one. You can prob try to get ancient instead and its totally free.

22 minutes ago, Haniya-DN said:

Okay, and what about the people who have been participating in every event and every pve instance on every toon on their account since 6.0 dropped, who don't have a legendary transformation or even the best ancient transform for their class? You're absolutely full of nonsense and assuming every player has the same experience as you. It's almost as if Aion doesn't inherently reward you for your time and effort. Perhaps RNG is at play here...! :0

Imagine getting a legendary transformation for free from an event. 

And yes, obviously? Please explain how else we're supposed to get transformations if not by playing the game, of which events are a part? P2W is an option, yes, but you keep citing laziness as the reason people don't have legendaries, and I don't think paying for it isn't inherently more honest or hardworking. Not every single player needs to have the ideal legendary transform for their class at this exact moment, but they should have at least one. Because like you said in your other thread, it's been months and months and they should have one if they've been participating. And they have been participating. They've been playing the game, running the instances, participating in the events, and a lot of us just don't have luck on our side.

There's nothing wrong at all with an event that rewards you in a 1:1 ratio of time/effort you put in and rewards you get out of it. The day to day RNG doesn't do this; that's the point of events. So if people dutifully run the event every day and get S rank, they should be able to get a nice reward. Maybe not the best of the best, but a nice one all the same.

If you have managed to get nearly or more than 300 transformation contracts and still don't have *at least* the ancient for your class, then you're lying :> It's math, you can't possibly have opened and combined that many contracts to not get your ancient. Especially not including all the events you say you've participated in. 

By from an event I meant they got the contracts to combine for from the events as well as their PvE runs.

You don't want a legendary from playing the game or working for it, you want it by doing a daily 3 man participation event instance. You want it for just "showing up" not for working towards it or having to farm for it, you just want it because you think you deserve it. I don't know a single person who has been actively working towards a legendary transform with the GOAL of GETTING a legendary transform since 6.0 that doesn't have one. 

The point of events is not to "skip the progression" and reward you for claimed bad rng, its to give you something fun to do in addition to the game. This event does reward you 1:1 time/effort to reward, you just thing that 1:1 should mean a few weeks of a 5 minute instance daily is = to a legendary transform. An ancient contract for doing next to nothing once a day for a few weeks is a nice reward, and proportionate to the effort it took, and doable with A - S ranks. 

56 minutes ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

If you have managed to get nearly or more than 300 transformation contracts and still don't have *at least* the ancient for your class, then you're lying :> It's math, you can't possibly have opened and combined that many contracts to not get your ancient. Especially not including all the events you say you've participated in. 

By from an event I meant they got the contracts to combine for from the events as well as their PvE runs.

You don't want a legendary from playing the game or working for it, you want it by doing a daily 3 man participation event instance. You want it for just "showing up" not for working towards it or having to farm for it, you just want it because you think you deserve it. I don't know a single person who has been actively working towards a legendary transform with the GOAL of GETTING a legendary transform since 6.0 that doesn't have one. 

The point of events is not to "skip the progression" and reward you for claimed bad rng, its to give you something fun to do in addition to the game. This event does reward you 1:1 time/effort to reward, you just thing that 1:1 should mean a few weeks of a 5 minute instance daily is = to a legendary transform. An ancient contract for doing next to nothing once a day for a few weeks is a nice reward, and proportionate to the effort it took, and doable with A - S ranks. 

I kind of agree with you. I was disappointed with the company and stoped playing right before the flowers event, and got back when it was about to be over (2 days). Anyone that had participated in that event should have gotten at least one random legendary.

Hell, had I participated in it with my 7 characters, I'd have at least 2. =(

They could make the coins tradeable using legion WH, though. That would be amazing. I'd farm nonstop on my 7 characters to get it.

1 hour ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

I have the ancient for my class, I never said otherwise. But just because I do, that doesn't mean everyone does. Songweavers and technists especially struggle because out of the 18 ancient transformations, only one of them gives 21% attack speed and magical stats. The people who don't have Tiamat's Apostle aren't liars, they just haven't been rewarded in their Aion experience in the way you have, believe it or not. At least as a cleric main I could use the Bloodfang from pumpking until I got my ideal (Tiamat Drakans) at the very end of the flower event. 

Most people who have worked and grinded for contracts still don't have a legendary transformation. What bubble are you playing in that everyone who just tries hard gets their desired outcome? Are all of your friends in full Ultimate Frostspark just because they've run PF/IDD every week as well? Then again, the nyerk poor smug attitude of "I did __ so that means everyone else can, and if they haven't they are just lazy and entitled" isn't one I'm surprised by after the time I've spent in this community. Especially from the likes of KT and EK, who are downright infamous for being snobs and wallet warriors.

If legendaries weren't included in the rewards list for this particular event, I wouldn't have any grand designs of getting one any time soon. But they are included, just entirely out of reach unless I pay for it. If they're not meant to be obtainable through natural gameplay during the event, and are only acquirable through paying real money, just put the contracts on the BCM. That is what I'm objecting to, more than anything. 

43 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

Anyone that had participated in that event should have gotten at least one random legendary.

And yet here we are, with most of the playerbase still rocking ancient transforms. Curious.

2 hours ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

-Snip-
If you have managed to get nearly or more than 300 transformation contracts and still don't have *at least* the ancient for your class, then you're lying :> It's math, you can't possibly have opened and combined that many contracts to not get your ancient.

If you flip a coin 400 times and get tails 399 times in a row, you still have a 50% chance to get tails a 400th time in a row. The increased number of attempts made does not change the probability of getting one way or another. That's math. Similarly, You can fail 25 ultimate stones in a row on one piece, or fail to get a greater transform from 6 normals 55 times in a row (that's my personal record), and you can run every single alt on 2+ full accounts of level 80's and open multiple thousands of boxes and still get no legendary. Or better yet, only get cast speed ancients for attack speed classes or the other way around.

EDIT for clarity: just like the coin toss, no matter how many contracts you open or how many you combine the probability will always be the same, in this case, famously low chance of success for something like a Legendary transform which is playable for your main class.

8 minutes ago, Haniya-DN said:

I have the ancient for my class, I never said otherwise. But just because I do, that doesn't mean everyone does. Songweavers and technists especially struggle because out of the 18 ancient transformations, only one of them gives 21% attack speed and magical stats. The people who don't have Tiamat's Apostle aren't liars, they just haven't been rewarded in their Aion experience in the way you have, believe it or not. At least as a cleric main I could use the Bloodfang from pumpking until I got my ideal (Tiamat Drakans) at the very end of the flower event. 

Most people who have worked and grinded for contracts still don't have a legendary transformation. What bubble are you playing in that everyone who just tries hard gets their desired outcome? Are all of your friends in full Ultimate Frostspark just because they've run PF/IDD every week as well? Then again, the nyerk poor smug attitude of "I did __ so that means everyone else can, and if they haven't they are just lazy and entitled" isn't one I'm surprised by after the time I've spent in this community. Especially from the likes of KT and EK, who are downright infamous for being snobs and wallet warriors.

If legendaries weren't included in the rewards list for this particular event, I wouldn't have any grand designs of getting one any time soon. But they are included, just entirely out of reach unless I pay for it. If they're not meant to be obtainable through natural gameplay during the event, and are only acquirable through paying real money, just put the contracts on the BCM. That is what I'm objecting to, more than anything. 

And yet here we are, with most of the playerbase still rocking ancient transforms. Curious.

Tiamat's Apostle was a recently added transform that wasn't even acquirable via combining until today's patch due to a bug. That was a bad example, however Im sure lots of active-since-6.0 SW's have a transform that works for their class. 

All of the people I run premade PF with are full or missing 1 piece, so, yeah. I have 2 toons full PF, and I'm not the only one lol. And it's a game, literally 1's and 0's, anything 1 player can do another can do. There are no miraculous acts of gods or toons made with more talent or luck from the start. 

If they put contracts on BCM people will STILL complain that it is P2W, you know this because you know the Aion community. At least this way wallet warriors have to pay AND put in a little work getting S rank. 

I believe Konkers was saying if you FARMED flower event with the intent of getting legendaries then you were almost guaranteed one. I know one person who got 3 legendaries from flower event alone, and they weren't his first legendaries. He never spent a dime on the game though. 

6 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

If you flip a coin 400 times and get tails 399 times in a row, you still have a 50% chance to get tails a 400th time in a row. The increased number of attempts made does not change the probability of getting one way or another. That's math. Similarly, You can fail 25 ultimate stones in a row on one piece, or fail to get a greater transform from 6 normals 55 times in a row (that's my personal record), and you can run every single alt on 2+ full accounts of level 80's and open multiple thousands of boxes and still get no legendary. Or better yet, only get cast speed ancients for attack speed classes or the other way around.

EDIT for clarity: just like the coin toss, no matter how many contracts you open or how many you combine the probability will always be the same, in this case, famously low chance of success for something like a Legendary transform which is playable for your main class.

I'm aware that's math, but you have to realize that you are an EXTREME outlier, with 55 in a row failed 6x normal for a greater? That's such an outlier its borderline unbelievable considering there is a 45.833% chance of getting a greater with 6x normal. Getting 7 contracts in 15 runs isn't an outlier, the drop rate is 48% :)

5 minutes ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

Tiamat's Apostle was a recently added transform that wasn't even acquirable via combining until today's patch due to a bug. That was a bad example, however Im sure lots of active-since-6.0 SW's have a transform that works for their class. 

All of the people I run premade PF with are full or missing 1 piece, so, yeah. I have 2 toons full PF, and I'm not the only one lol. And it's a game, literally 1's and 0's, anything 1 player can do another can do. There are no miraculous acts of gods or toons made with more talent or luck from the start. 

If they put contracts on BCM people will STILL complain that it is P2W, you know this because you know the Aion community. At least this way wallet warriors have to pay AND put in a little work getting S rank. 

I believe Konkers was saying if you FARMED flower event with the intent of getting legendaries then you were almost guaranteed one. I know one person who got 3 legendaries from flower event alone, and they weren't his first legendaries. He never spent a dime on the game though. 

I'm aware that's math, but you have to realize that you are an EXTREME outlier, with 55 in a row failed 6x normal for a greater? That's such an outlier its borderline unbelievable considering there is a 45.833% chance of getting a greater with 6x normal. Getting 7 contracts in 15 runs isn't an outlier, the drop rate is 48% :)

guy, ure pathetic. i'm not reading your biblic walls of complaint against f2players in a nyerked game close to its very end. No one cares about what u have or not.

I love how the people that spent hundreds of dollars to get they miserable legendary xforms are mad on f2p trying to get a decent (and playable) xform after 7 months of 6.x

please don't come to me and tell me ancient ones are playable.

Just now, Pearl-DN said:

guy, ure pathetic. i'm not reading your biblic walls of complaint against f2players in a nyerked game close to its very end. No one cares about what u have or not.

I love how the people that spent hundreds of dollars to get they miserable legendary xforms are mad on f2p trying to get a decent (and playable) xform after 7 months of 6.x

please don't come to me and tell me ancient ones are playable.

You are going to 2 difference threads and posting the same thing without contributing anything meaningful. Post your suggestion for the event in the suggestions forum and stop replying to me :) 

15 minutes ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

Yeah I wish it was borderline unbelievable. Anyway, the point wasn't specific to my success or that my success (or lack thereof) is indicative of anyone else's progress, it's that one should not expect that everyone can keep up with them in a system based on luck. Another example is your 2 toons in full  PF. You don't have full PF because you just decided do do that, you have 2 toons in full PF because you were lucky enough to have the gear drop / win the roll / have friends or others pass gear to you. Like the coin toss and like the transforms, one can run all PF every week and still not be in full gear. Every PF run is the same probability for a drop; your time invested is not an adequate measurement of the reward to be expected, that is the point I am trying to get across.

Just now, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Yeah I wish it was borderline unbelievable. Anyway, the point wasn't specific to my success or that my success (or lack thereof) is indicative of anyone else's progress, it's that one should not expect that everyone can keep up with them in a system based on luck. Another example is your 2 toons in full  PF. You don't have full PF because you just decided do do that, you have 2 toons in full PF because you were lucky enough to have the gear drop / win the roll / have friends or others pass gear to you. Like the coin toss and like the transforms, one can run all PF every week and still not be in full gear. Every PF run is the same probability for a drop; your time invested is not an adequate measurement of the reward to be expected, that is the point I am trying to get across.

I disagree with the bolded/underlined portion. The more you run, the more rewards you will get. It took 111 PF runs to completely gear my AT from PF without any loot rights. If I only ran 100, I would not be full geared. if I only ran 5 I would only have 1 piece. I ran more, invested more time, and got more rewards, as I expected. While some people may take only 50 runs to gear, and some (like my glad) take over 200 runs, the more you run the more you will get. It may not be "fair" that some get full gear before others, but it doesn't mean we should cheapen their work by essentially giving pieces of PF gear to anyone who logs in everyday for the next few weeks.

The point I was trying to make in my post was not that if you don't have legendary you are lazy, it was that you shouldn't be given a legendary just for participating in this event. The whole beginning of the post explains that NCWest doesn't want events to take place of progression, and giving out the second highest tier of transforms is replacing progression with event participation.

What you seem to be saying is that running more gives you more opportunity to succeed and progress, which is true and that's why I don't give up. There is, however, a difference between increased opportunity to succeed and increased probability. By running my pre-reset PF's I got 3 pieces of gear. If I did not run them, I would not have them. By running extra runs I increased my opportunity to succeed, but those 3 runs also gave me more in an hour than PF had in 5 months; because the increased opportunity does not increase the probability of the aforementioned coin flip :\ 

8 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

What you seem to be saying is that running more gives you more opportunity to succeed and progress, which is true and that's why I don't give up. There is, however, a difference between increased opportunity to succeed and increased probability. By running my pre-reset PF's I got 3 pieces of gear. If I did not run them, I would not have them. By running extra runs I increased my opportunity to succeed, but those 3 runs also gave me more in an hour than PF had in 5 months; because the increased opportunity does not increase the probability of the aforementioned coin flip :\ 

I understand what you're saying and not arguing that increased possibility doesn't equate to increased probability, merely that we have no way to increase probability so we are left to only maximize possibility, which many people aren't by not even bothering to run instances like CoE or FM and BoS when they are done gearing from them. Those are the people my math was aimed at. 

My friend Naduah got plenty of transforms both free and some paid, with the flower event she got plenty of ancients.. she combined them and so far she has gotten 3 legendaries that are not good for her class.

I would agree the "free legendary" to anyone might not be the best option, at least NA has taken this path cause in other publishers the ancient is the minimum and legendaries are the norm, but I belong to the few luckiest players when it comes to transforms, I got my tahabata almost first to anyone else, I combined 2x ancient from the pumpkin event (first event in 6.2) and got a tahabata the very first try. So do not take my word on this issue because I already have taken 5 legendaries, 3 of them are for my class (2x Tahabata and 1x Veille) hence I wouldn't be the right guy to tell others how to feel about transformations.

RNG is what bothers people the most, I haven't spent a single dime on the game directly, and I walk with legendaries while people who really paid the publisher money to keep this running are still not running in a legendary they want. And although I was RNG lucky that day, I shouldn't have to be lucky to do this.

And this event has plenty of RNG when it comes to how many coins you get. I have been doing this event, S-rank always since I know how to do it, with plenty of time left. Some times I get 35 coins in an S-rank, one time I got 20 only again on S-rank, and one time one of my alts got the special pouch!

---

The good thing is that reset scrolls are tradeable so effectively if you can afford those you can also get a transform. I mean instead of wasting 9,9m and get the useless GST shop transform you can spend some more money for extra runs on the event.

If you get 30 coins on average on every s-rank, you need 66 runs to get the sure legendary selection. You get half of those free daily and you need to buy the additional with scrolls. If you are lucky and get the 50 pouch 1~2 times you can cut on those resets.

7 hours ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

I disagree with the bolded/underlined portion. The more you run, the more rewards you will get. It took 111 PF runs to completely gear my AT from PF without any loot rights. If I only ran 100, I would not be full geared. if I only ran 5 I would only have 1 piece. I ran more, invested more time, and got more rewards, as I expected. While some people may take only 50 runs to gear, and some (like my glad) take over 200 runs, the more you run the more you will get. It may not be "fair" that some get full gear before others, but it doesn't mean we should cheapen their work by essentially giving pieces of PF gear to anyone who logs in everyday for the next few weeks.

The point I was trying to make in my post was not that if you don't have legendary you are lazy, it was that you shouldn't be given a legendary just for participating in this event. The whole beginning of the post explains that NCWest doesn't want events to take place of progression, and giving out the second highest tier of transforms is replacing progression with event participation.

i run all dgs i can with 4toons in 6mo and dont get any full atkspeed ancient yet. i had done 5weeks pre reset(all fm,1-3 bos on main) and dont get any piece of set. i just want an event who gives a fine reward to some1 who do all days rankS, but its dont looks like, a friend with rank B get more or equal reward to my ranks A or some posts rank S. its just dont look fair not even mind about the exchange.

7 hours ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

Exactly. I was away for the entirety of the flowers event, mainly because I didn't bother to look at it and see how hard it would be to get a transform. I thought it would be yet another cash grab. I was playing other games for that time as I was very very much so disgusted with the company (and I still am).

Oh well, one cna just be sad about it. I'm a Gladiator, so I effectively need a 27% atk speed + 65% run speed to play the class on its full potential 100% of the time. Sure I have Fox and every 1 minute I am atk-speed capped, but meh. I'd even take Modor and never bother to farm transformations ever again!

Funny how so many people are complaining wanting legendaries, and few players are trying to defend a point where they got legendaries just by playing. Seems like you were the lucky one with RNG, but if it was this easy we'd all have legendaries just by doing instances like you're saying. What do you think people have been doing all this time? Afking in city and now suddenly want a new transform to afk harder?

I've been doing all possible instances (excluding PVP) and from the few ancients I did get from contracts, they all failed into a legendary. Stop trying to pretend you didn't p2w your nyerk to get a legendary by pretending all you did was play like the rest of us. And even if you did get it through playing, you can clearly see how failed your math is when half the community is stuck with an ancient or not even that. I'm sorry you spent so much of your money to get one and now is upset players would like to get one as well.

15 minutes ago, Liiny-DN said:

Funny how so many people are complaining wanting legendaries, and few players are trying to defend a point where they got legendaries just by playing. Seems like you were the lucky one with RNG, but if it was this easy we'd all have legendaries just by doing instances like you're saying. What do you think people have been doing all this time? Afking in city and now suddenly want a new transform to afk harder?

I've been doing all possible instances (excluding PVP) and from the few ancients I did get from contracts, they all failed into a legendary. Stop trying to pretend you didn't p2w your nyerk to get a legendary by pretending all you did was play like the rest of us. And even if you did get it through playing, you can clearly see how failed your math is when half the community is stuck with an ancient or not even that. I'm sorry you spent so much of your money to get one and now is upset players would like to get one as well.

those defensive posters just doesn't want others to get legendary xforms cause then they will lose their advantage over others 

I've  been playing patch since start. I've done all instances that might have chance to give contracts. I would say I have gotten over 50+ ancient transformations and still no legendary from combaining. I'm sorry I dont have the god rng of the few in a game that basicly 99 % RNG . I just want to get my 1st legendary thats all (any Legendary transform is good enough for me now), there is big difference between someone who is using ancient vs legendary transform. You forget most of the player base are still stuck with ancients... 

Just put the legendary transform in GST like EU did for certain time.....

Seems like the P2W people dont want others to get legendary lol

Archived