Proxy users geting banned

Esgalhathi

Hello,

At this moment, a total of 14 people (that i know) got banned from nowhere while playing the game (one of them was running PF with me).

Its almost certain its for proxy usage, since ALL of then was using Pingzapper proxy. if you are using it, just turn it off while this situation has been solutioned.

If you figured that you got banned, open a ticket ASAP!

This post is only to inform who's interested.

@Cyan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how come they banned my account when I'm not logged into it, and didn't logged this week and the week before?

I'm logged with another account and I'm using Pingzapper and I still didn't got ban -if the bans are caused by proxy,

8 minutes ago, Bjorn-DN said:

Hello,

At this moment, a total of 14 people (that i know) got banned from nowhere while playing the game (one of them was running PF with me).

Its almost certain its for proxy usage, since ALL of then was using Pingzapper proxy. if you are using it, just turn it off while this situation has been solutioned.

If you figured that you got banned, open a ticket ASAP!

This post is only to inform who's interested.

@Cyan

Self quote to update that is 23 people now.

wow.

Just now, Edinerk-DN said:

So how come they banned my account when I'm not logged into it, and didn't logged this week and the week before?

I'm logged with another account and I'm using Pingzapper and I still didn't got banned -if the bans are caused by proxy,

Sorry, but im really dont know how or why.. its just the best bet about the major issue cause.

7 minutes ago, OxO-KT said:

I have a lot of friends who also have this problem.

And we are considering leaving this game, going back to Taiwan server to play

"If this problem is not resolved"

I hear Taiwan takes way better care of their players like Russia does. Not sure why anyone overseas would play on these servers here cause ncwest is just terrible.

@Euphoria-DN Russian server is rubbish, the only reason people play there is either ping or language barrier. check last video of riborn just so u understand how retarded admins of RU serv are (they striked his youtube channel for playing other server, so it got temporary ban)

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I got 1 mate using wtfast 1 mate using battle ping and i am using mudfish and we are all good not getting banned. Pingzapper exclusive?

I wonder if it affects players who use ReducetheLag? Either way, I'm not gonna log in just in case that does happen.

1 hour ago, Zumina-KT said:

I used pingzapper and i got ban. now is all ok. just lol. And i will use it again, they need to let us play with these programs, at last for EU ppls like me. haha

Is Ncsoft copying Gameforge by not allowing players use  ping programs anymore? xD Is it because on xincode?

I used to use Pingzapper in the past and it never caused a ban for me, I assume this issue is very recent.

@Cyan please respond to this ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Heuo-DN said:

Is Ncsoft copying Gameforge by not allowing players use  ping programs anymore? xD Is it because on xincode?

I used to use Pingzapper in the past and it never caused a ban for me, I assume this issue is very recent.

@Cyan please respond to this ASAP.

To my knowledge, Gameforge does allow ping reducing systems, but you have to let them know ahead you'll be using them on your account. That way they whitelist it. If you get banned though, all you have to do is send a ticket and they'll unban.

24 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

To my knowledge, Gameforge does allow ping reducing systems, but you have to let them know ahead you'll be using them on your account. That way they whitelist it. If you get banned though, all you have to do is send a ticket and they'll unban.

Ok, so its better now.I heard in the past that some complained that got perma banned that might not be true.

7 minutes ago, Heuo-DN said:

Ok, so its better now.I heard in the past that some complained that got perma banned that might not be true.

I think back in the days they were harsher and disallowed those programs but now it seems they're fairly okay now as long as you let them know.

6 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I wonder if it was a blanket ban because a certain IP range (like that used by Pingzapper, if this is the case) was the one favored by all the bots.

VPNs are quite popular for bots, so I wouldn't be surprised.

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

I wonder if it affects players who use ReducetheLag? Either way, I'm not gonna log in just in case that does happen.

I use it and got banned too, they already unbanned me but kinda scared to log back in with it.

4 minutes ago, Liiny-DN said:

I use it and got banned too, they already unbanned me but kinda scared to log back in with it.

Yikes, well guess I'm staying away from NA for a while until it gets fixed. I'd rather not risk it for the time being.

Hello there,

We are aware that many of our players that connect from outside North America use ping-lowering proxy services to reduce their latency. While NCSOFT does not expressly prohibit the use of these services, we advise our customers to use them at their own risk.

Because of the security concerns these services pose, we may not accept proxy IP’s as authorized IP’s when connecting to NCSOFT account management. Please be aware that if you access the account from or attempt to add these proxies to your authorized IP list, the account may be blocked and subject to review especially if the proxy you use has a history of suspicious activity.

We hope this clarifies your concern. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards, 

I use ReduceTheLag and I didn't get any ban, me or my alt account. But I'll close this just in case, that means no EC for me, cause in there I always have liek 2k ping without RTL. Outside I can play, but not in sieges.

They have to understand that when our connections are bad, that takes a small toll on the server as well with lost packages and re-tries. A stable connection benefits the player and the whole server.

Automated bans based on IP or ping reduction services are a sure bet to finally destroy the game, once and for good.

I don't think it was a ban on ping reducers. From the email from Support, it sounds like it was an IP ban that bots are using. Just so happens that the bots are using the same ping reducer as some people. That's the "history of suspicious behavior" part.

Archived