Proxy users geting banned

Esgalhathi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

Ah, I see, so they're pulling the old Gameforge style here? Can see why many South American, European and Australian players might suffer because of this.

You're not quite correct here- it also affects North Americans- the target region- since many people in NA are no where near the servers and use ping reduction programs as well. That just gets me down to a playable 68 ping, without it I run easily around 200 or more.

36 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

You're not quite correct here- it also affects North Americans- the target region- since many people in NA are no where near the servers and use ping reduction programs as well. That just gets me down to a playable 68 ping, without it I run easily around 200 or more.

With RTL open I play with 200~220 ping since I am from south-east Europe, without it i get lag spikes and if I get to EC I have like 10.000 ping sometimes, effectively I can only see chat and I cannot move.

4 hours ago, Zumina-KT said:

Hello there,

We are aware that many of our players that connect from outside North America use ping-lowering proxy services to reduce their latency. While NCSOFT does not expressly prohibit the use of these services, we advise our customers to use them at their own risk.

Because of the security concerns these services pose, we may not accept proxy IP’s as authorized IP’s when connecting to NCSOFT account management. Please be aware that if you access the account from or attempt to add these proxies to your authorized IP list, the account may be blocked and subject to review especially if the proxy you use has a history of suspicious activity.

We hope this clarifies your concern. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards, 

Well this is going to be a problem for a lot of people. NCSoft sure has a way to create problems where there's none. 

2 hours ago, Konkers-EK said:

Pretty sure it doesn't. I use it and I'm still here!

Seems like it could affect anyone who attempts to add an IP to his list of trusted IPs, that was deemed as "suspicious" by NCSoft at some point from one of the ping reducing services.

4 minutes ago, Tunes-KT said:

Seems like it could affect anyone who attempts to add an IP to his list of trusted IPs, that was deemed as "suspicious" by NCSoft at some point from one of the ping reducing services.

No. It seems that if you add an IP that has been used by bots and therefore -is- suspicious, then you might be swept up in the attempt to stop bots. All you have to do to get yourself unbanned is contact Support like the people in this thread did and Support actually said in that note.

Blame the bots. Not Support. I have no love for Support, but in this case they are actually doing what they are supposed to be doing.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

No. It seems that if you add an IP that has been used by bots and therefore -is- suspicious, then you might be swept up in the attempt to stop bots. All you have to do to get yourself unbanned is contact Support like the people in this thread did and Support actually said in that note.

Blame the bots. Not Support. I have no love for Support, but in this case they are actually doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Although I do agree bots need to be controlled, they could look internally, as in the game logs, rather than externally to fix the bot issue. By looking externally they are causing more problems. Bots can just keep using new ips. Just saying.

11 minutes ago, Tunes-KT said:

Although I do agree bots need to be controlled, they could look internally, as in the game logs, rather than externally to fix the bot issue. By looking externally they are causing more problems. Bots can just keep using new ips. Just saying.

Oh. You are correct. I am not saying what they are doing is the best way to stop bots. In fact they could have someone go in at the beginning of their shift, the middle and then the end and manually clear out bots. We are almost down to two servers so it wouldn't be that big of a trick. We all know where the bots are. That would be much more efficient than banning an IP used by a ping reducer that players use as well. They will spend more time unbanning those swept up in this than they would with my suggestion.

I just didn't agree with the way you worded your post. Bots aren't "suspicious". They are suspicious. (Hopefully you get the distinction.) And if they are all using the same IP, it makes sense to ban that IP. Until you consider that they are using a single ping reducer.

19 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Oh. You are correct. I am not saying what they are doing is the best way to stop bots. In fact they could have someone go in at the beginning of their shift, the middle and then the end and manually clear out bots. We are almost down to two servers so it wouldn't be that big of a trick. We all know where the bots are. That would be much more efficient than banning an IP used by a ping reducer that players use as well. They will spend more time unbanning those swept up in this than they would with my suggestion.

I just didn't agree with the way you worded your post. Bots aren't "suspicious". They are suspicious. (Hopefully you get the distinction.) And if they are all using the same IP, it makes sense to ban that IP. Until you consider that they are using a single ping reducer.

I mean I know some people are friends with GMs, why not just give them the ability to go clear bots.

• Aion Team

Hello everyone, 

I wanted to follow up here with some more information. It's common for people to use different ping programs, VPNs, etc, to help with the connections. While there are many innocent people that use these programs there are also less-than-reputable people that use them as well. Because of this, there's specific IP addresses or connections that are blocked time to time due to working to stop bad behavior. Unfortunately there are times where innocent people are caught up in this due to sharing similar information (such as connections because of a VPN). And because of this there's a risk your account could be caught in this, which is why we don't officially sanction the use of these programs. 

That being said, there were some accounts that were caught up recently and we've since unblocked them. If you are still not able to access the game you can submit a ticket to support@aiononline.com and they will review it. 

Thank you. 

@Cyan

Hello, my account was locked due same issue as other players mentioned, I was using proxy and my account got locked.
I sent tickets to support team and appeal team 92hours ago and still nothing didn't even hear back from support.....
I don't know what's going on but I already missed 4 days of event.
I hope speaking here can help speed up this world breaking record in slowest support response.
Altho since its been 4 days already and its obviously gonna be atleast 5 or 6 or who knows ?
I don't really see point of me trying to run event after this since obviously I won't be able to get enough coins for transformation.
Ticket id: 23332007

I'ts obviously other account since I wouldn't be able to login and post on forum if my account was locked.

7 minutes ago, Fukusukee-KT said:

@Cyan

Hello, my account was locked due same issue as other players mentioned, I was using proxy and my account got locked.
I sent tickets to support team and appeal team 92hours ago and still nothing didn't even hear back from support.....
I don't know what's going on but I already missed 4 days of event.
I hope speaking here can help speed up this world breaking record in slowest support response.
Altho since its been 4 days already and its obviously gonna be atleast 5 or 6 or who knows ?
I don't really see point of me trying to run event after this since obviously I won't be able to get enough coins for transformation.
Ticket id: 23332007

I'ts obviously other account since I wouldn't be able to login and post on forum if my account was locked.

Have you bumped your ticket? Or submitted it and then waited?

Bumping your ticket actually lengthens the time it takes to get a response. Replying to your ticket before Support replies puts your ticket to the bottom of the pile as if it were a new ticket.

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

Have you bumped your ticket? Or submitted it and then waited?

Bumping your ticket actually lengthens the time it takes to get a response. Replying to your ticket before Support replies puts your ticket to the bottom of the pile as if it were a new ticket.

.I did bump my ticket but only after 80 hours of waiting already, and I didn't go onto same ticket and add reply, I made new ticket which within 3hours they closed and merged with the first one, and yet they didn't bother to read first one or respond to it.

Just now, Fukusukee-KT said:

.I did bump my ticket but only after 80 hours of waiting already, and I didn't go onto same ticket and add reply, I made new ticket which within 3hours they closed and merged with the first one, and yet they didn't bother to read first one or respond to it.

If they merged the two, they read it. Hmm. Have you checked your e-mail for the account that was banned? What they usually do is send an e-mail to that account and ask specific questions regarding ownership.

Just now, Aly-DN said:

If they merged the two, they read it. Hmm. Have you checked your e-mail for the account that was banned? What they usually do is send an e-mail to that account and ask specific questions regarding ownership.

Yeah, ofc I checked mail that is only place I can check since my account is locked I couldn't send ticket normally I had to send email to support team, my mail has been open for 4 days already I check it out all the time but there's nothing. So I don't know I guess I'll just keep losing days of event and wait for awesome support to respond, and best part is once they respond and ask me information about account then i need to wait what? Again 4 days for them to read that and respond ? I'd rather just quit lol

5 minutes ago, Fukusukee-KT said:

Yeah, ofc I checked mail that is only place I can check since my account is locked I couldn't send ticket normally I had to send email to support team, my mail has been open for 4 days already I check it out all the time but there's nothing. So I don't know I guess I'll just keep losing days of event and wait for awesome support to respond, and best part is once they respond and ask me information about account then i need to wait what? Again 4 days for them to read that and respond ? I'd rather just quit lol

It was the weekend, but that shouldn't matter. Try sending Cyan a personal message and make sure that you ask for reset scrolls for the Shugo instance to make up for the days you couldn't run.

What they are saying is that they reviewed the ban and don't see any reason to reverse it. They didn't find any errors or inconsistencies with the ban.

Really weird.

Are you sure your account was banned because of your ping reducer?

It might be best to carry on this conversation with Cyan in private in personal messages.

Hope everything works out.

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

What they are saying is that they reviewed the ban and don't see any reason to reverse it. They didn't find any errors or inconsistencies with the ban.

Really weird.

Are you sure your account was banned because of your ping reducer?

It might be best to carry on this conversation with Cyan in private in personal messages.

Hope everything works out.

I will send msg to cyan but I don't see anything what I could've done I didn't play for 4 months I logged in on first day of event did 5 event runs, 1 on each toon i have and logged off that's it. Meh I wasn't coming back anyway i just wanted to do event for legendary transform in case I ever come back so I have it. But its nice to see how NCsoft works. Keep hackers in game cuz they p2w but f2p player let's ban him for nothing also they keep bots out there to farm and sell kinah well as I said keep killing the game NCsoft cya.

Dam, after reading these posts y'all have me afraid to login to the game today. I live in the USA and login to the NA servers, however I DO NOT use any type of proxy to do so. I go straight thru my IP. I have a lot invested in my account and do not wish to get banned for no reason.

Hopefully, y'all will have this issue fixed soon. I really wanted to play today but, I dunno atm.

Archived