Proxy users geting banned

Esgalhathi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Dam, after reading these posts y'all have me afraid to login to the game today. I live in the USA and login to the NA servers, however I DO NOT use any type of proxy to do so. I go straight thru my IP. I have a lot invested in my account and do not wish to get banned for no reason.

Hopefully, y'all will have this issue fixed soon. I really wanted to play today but, I dunno atm.

If you don't use a proxy, why would you be worried about getting caught up in a ban on IPs associated with a proxy that bots use as well as legit players?

@Fatalle-DN.. that seems to be the normal Support response for people being caught up in this ban. That's why it's so weird that the player earlier today didn't get immediately unbanned. Makes me think that they were not caught up in this ban but is facing another issue.

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

If you don't use a proxy, why would you be worried about getting caught up in a ban on IPs associated with a proxy that bots use as well as legit players?

So I should be OK then? Good. And thank you for clearing things up.

1 minute ago, Aieryn-DN said:

So I should be OK then? Good. And thank you for clearing things up.

Yup. To explain, some players use ping reducers or proxys to access the game. Apparently bots were using a specific ping reducer which is also popular with some players. Support identified the block of IPs that the bots were using and banned them. Unfortunately, that also banned the legit players. Most legit players who got caught up in this contacted Support, identified themselves and were unbanned in matter of hours. Banning the IPs or bots isn't unusual for most games. It's not unique to Aion at all.

If something weird happens and you get swept up in something that bans your account, try to remain calm and contact Support.. usually through the email associated with your account. If you are clean, you will get your account back.

• 2 months later...

so yesterday while doing pf i got disconnected (banned) and cant log due to suspicious activity but now i asked support and i can play now i use pingzapper

heres the first reply 

Thank you for your patience while we looked into your issue.

It appears this account was caught in our regular account security review. After thoroughly reviewing this account I have decided to remove the block that was placed on it. You may now access our services again.

If you are accessing our services using a VPN/proxy, please understand that we do not condone, nor do we support their usage. While we do not prohibit the use of these services we have found them to be directly associated to malicious and fraudulent activity. As such, continued use may result in additional blocks placed on the account.

second (when i asked if i can use wtfast) 

I can confirm that a VPN program is a useful service but it is absolutely not supported in any way by NCSOFT, so the assurance you seek, I cannot give.

We are aware that many of our players that connect from outside North America use ping-lowering proxy services to reduce their latency. While NCSOFT does not expressly prohibit the use of these services, we advise our customers to use them at their own risk.

Because of the security concerns these services pose we may not accept proxy IP’s as authorized IP’s when connecting to NCSOFT account management. Please be aware that if you access the account from or attempt to add these proxies to your authorized IP list, the account may be blocked and subject to review especially if the proxy you use has a history of suspicious activity

and i asked too if i can use reducethelag cause i read here in forum pingzapper are used massively by bots so im gonna stop using it and wondering if i can use reducethelag

anyone here got banned using pingzapper and used reducethelag or other ping reducer? and not get banned?

Archived