Entitled players?

So, all I've seen on this forum today is people complaining because the *best rewards* from the event aren't *free.*
I want literally everyone here to *step back* and realize that you are basically asking for a Legendary transformation (the second highest tier of transformations, a very integral part of the game you are supposed to progress in) for a few weeks of daily 1 instance event participation.

You want a legendary transformation for participation.

NCWest made it clear at 6.0 release and even *outright STATED* that they DIDN'T want events to take place of progression like it had in recent patches.

You have the option through this event to pay for a legendary transformation, yes. But you will not get it by simple participation. All you who complain about this are lazy, and I know you are lazy because the math backs it up. 

For this math problem im gonna assume you have 2 toons, cuz I dont know anyone with only 1 toon. 6.0 has been out since October 24th, 2018. That is *TWENTY-SEVEN WEEKS* of the 6.0 update, but for the sake of this argument lets say you started a month late, so you've been playing since late November, 23 weeks. Lets say it took 2 weeks of Mirash and CoE to get geared enough for FM/BoS (lets be honest, it takes a week, but whatever). So now we have 21 weeks of (if you have prestige) 5x CoE, 5x FM, 5x Bos. That's 15 chances to get a contract per week, and lets say (on average) you get only 7 contracts per week from those 15 entries (I usually get 10 or more but whatever). So between those 2 toons you get 14 contracts a week, across 21 weeks that is 294 contracts. Minus the 52 "first time unlocks" you should have had 242 duplicate transforms (of varying grades). 

This is assuming you only have TWO toons, and not accounting for PF/IDD runs and the ancient contracts they gave away like candy in the first 6.0 event and flower event.

If you don't have at least a good ancient for your class and several duplicates, it's because you haven't been running all your entries and PROGRESSING through the transform system like NCWest wants you to do. I have 3 Legendary transforms, 1 I paid for, the other 2 I acquired f2p. Of the MANY people I know with legendary transformations, MOST got theirs for free via instances or events or what have you. I even know 1 person who got a legendary from OPENING a contract. 

If you haven't been playing long enough to acquire this many contracts or runs, sorry but you don't deserve a legendary contract for participating in an event. That takes ALL of the progression out of one of the most integral stat boosting mechanics of the game. 

TL;DR: Don't QQ about the Legendary Contract prices.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. 

44 minutes ago, Bjorn-DN said:

Ok, thanks for your contribution. We are immensely happy with it.

1 hour ago, Bjorn-DN said:

RANK A and 12 Gold coin.

Dont need much explanation.. its just sad.

You aren't even capable of properly doing an instance that requires no gear and minimal effort. Be thankful you are able to afk luna and cubics

I think you're missing the point.
They made event specifically to be pay to win that's what people are complaining about.
They took out the scroll/key quest reward, they took out the big chest, they made the rate from small chests specifically so you can't ever reach the 1k required for legendary.
Honestly I would rather they take out the legendary reward and leave the rest as it is, dangling it in front of everyone and asking for money is a stupid way to make business, hence the backlash on forum and in game.
They have been really poor with the new events, they had 1-2 good ideas, rest were outright bad, game is full of bugs, this is not how you keep people happy, if they would have left out the legendary reward people wouln't complain so much about not having enough coins to buy 2x Ancient xform.

1 hour ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

So, all I've seen on this forum today is people complaining because the *best rewards* from the event aren't *free.*
I want literally everyone here to *step back* and realize that you are basically asking for a Legendary transformation (the second highest tier of transformations, a very integral part of the game you are supposed to progress in) for a few weeks of daily 1 instance event participation.

NCWest made it clear at 6.0 release and even *outright STATED* that they DIDN'T want events to take place of progression like it had in recent patches.

You have the option through this event to pay for a legendary transformation, yes. But you will not get it by simple participation. All you who complain about this are lazy, and I know you are lazy because the math backs it up. 

For this math problem im gonna assume you have 2 toons, cuz I dont know anyone with only 1 toon. 6.0 has been out since October 24th, 2018. That is *TWENTY-SEVEN WEEKS* of the 6.0 update, but for the sake of this argument lets say you started a month late, so you've been playing since late November, 23 weeks. Lets say it took 2 weeks of Mirash and CoE to get geared enough for FM/BoS (lets be honest, it takes a week, but whatever). So now we have 21 weeks of (if you have prestige) 5x CoE, 5x FM, 5x Bos. That's 15 chances to get a contract per week, and lets say (on average) you get only 7 contracts per week from those 15 entries (I usually get 10 or more but whatever). So between those 2 toons you get 14 contracts a week, across 21 weeks that is 294 contracts. Minus the 52 "first time unlocks" you should have had 242 duplicate transforms (of varying grades). 

This is assuming you only have TWO toons, and not accounting for PF/IDD runs and the ancient contracts they gave away like candy in the first 6.0 event and flower event.

If you don't have at least a good ancient for your class and several duplicates, it's because you haven't been running all your entries and PROGRESSING through the transform system like NCWest wants you to do. I have 3 Legendary transforms, 1 I paid for, the other 2 I acquired f2p. Of the MANY people I know with legendary transformations, MOST got theirs for free via instances or events or what have you. I even know 1 person who got a legendary from OPENING a contract. 

If you haven't been playing long enough to acquire this many contracts or runs, sorry but you don't deserve a legendary contract for participating in an event. That takes ALL of the progression out of one of the most integral stat boosting mechanics of the game. 

Your math is simple. TOO simple. Just based upon my own observations, I can site a number of people who  haven't received the number of contracts you claim we "should" receive i.e the  294. Just based upon my owen experience, I frequently run instances and not seen a  contract. I typically get white contracts and almost never get green-. - and that happens to numerous people that I know.

It gives the impression that you may be calling everyone else lazy because you paid what what could well have been a significant amount of money for your transformation. At this point in the patch, it should be common for a large number of people to have a legendary transform by consistently running instances and combining contracts. They should thus be able to get one fairly easily through the event- this was the approach taken in other regions. Other regions also are more generous with their event frequency and the player base doesn't seem to suffer for it- quite the contrary- it's healthier than NA.

28 minutes ago, DarkDesire-DN said:

I think you're missing the point.
They made event specifically to be pay to win that's what people are complaining about.
They took out the scroll/key quest reward, they took out the big chest, they made the rate from small chests specifically so you can't ever reach the 1k required for legendary.
Honestly I would rather they take out the legendary reward and leave the rest as it is, dangling it in front of everyone and asking for money is a stupid way to make business, hence the backlash on forum and in game.
They have been really poor with the new events, they had 1-2 good ideas, rest were outright bad, game is full of bugs, this is not how you keep people happy, if they would have left out the legendary reward people wouln't complain so much about not having enough coins to buy 2x Ancient xform.

@Triffnixxxx-KT I think @DarkDesire-DN has it covered quite well.

36 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

Your math is simple. TOO simple. Just based upon my own observations, I can site a number of people who  haven't received the number of contracts you claim we "should" receive i.e the  294. Just based upon my owen experience, I frequently run instances and not seen a  contract. I typically get white contracts and almost never get green-. - and that happens to numerous people that I know.

It gives the impression that you may be calling everyone else lazy because you paid what what could well have been a significant amount of money for your transformation. At this point in the patch, it should be common for a large number of people to have a legendary transform by consistently running instances and combining contracts. They should thus be able to get one fairly easily through the event- this was the approach taken in other regions. Other regions also are more generous with their event frequency and the player base doesn't seem to suffer for it- quite the contrary- it's healthier than NA.

great response.

2 hours ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

So how much did you pay for that 1 legendary contract? and by paying for that one legendary contract you would've been able to complete all the normal/greater/ancients contracts therefore increasing your odds of getting duplicates in order to combine.

Your 3 legendary transform wouldn't of came that easily if you didn't have to p2w first. 

1 hour ago, Calista-DN said:

You make valid points, but the math is based off my and my close friends experiences, we play together daily and this is how it has worked out for us. I've kept track of the number of contracts I've received and how I got them because I knew theoretically how many I would need to get each ancient and each legendary via combining. Even if you got ONLY white contracts, 294 white would still get you a couple of ancients at minimum.

As I said, I only paid for 1 of my 3 legendaries, the other 2 I acquired from combining free contracts. I would argue that it is relatively common if you look at the VERY active and often higher ranked legions, on KT alone there are multiple people in Incoming, Insta Win, KINGDOM, etc with Legendary contracts, and many didn't pay for them. These are the *typically* insanely active players willing to grind for a high tier item like a legendary contract. 

Getting one fairly easily from this event doesn't even it out, it cheapens how hard I and other people worked to acquire what is supposed to be a rare item and important milestone in progression. 

I cant speak for other regions because I'm not knowledgeable enough about their playerbase/events/systems etc

8 minutes ago, SlAyeRr-KT said:

So how much did you pay for that 1 legendary contract? and by paying for that one legendary contract you would've been able to complete all the normal/greater/ancients contracts therefore increasing your odds of getting duplicates in order to combine.

Your 3 legendary transform wouldn't of came that easily if you didn't have to p2w first. 

You assumed I paid for the first one. 

wow, what a big wall of bullnyerk. 

I love how the people that spent hundreds of dollars to get they miserable legendary xforms are mad on f2p trying to get a decent (and playable) xform after 7 months of 6.x

please don't come to me and tell me ancient ones are playable.

4 minutes ago, Pearl-DN said:

wow, what a big wall of bullnyerk. 

I love how the people that spent hundreds of dollars to get they miserable legendary xforms are mad on f2p trying to get a decent (and playable) xform after 7 months of 6.x

please don't come to me and tell me ancient ones are playable.

You didn't read the wall of bullnyerk apparently :) 

Everyone else seems fine playing with ancients, I was fine with my ancients while I farmed for my legendaries

Just now, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

You didn't read the wall of bullshit apparently :) 

Everyone else seems fine playing with ancients, I was fine with my ancients while I farmed for my legendaries

not everybody has RNG and time to farm a single (random) thing that takes full months of pure effort.

but congratulations. here is your cookie. > cookie.

2 minutes ago, Pearl-DN said:

not everybody has RNG and time to farm a single (random) thing that takes full months of pure effort.

but congratulations. here is your cookie. > cookie.

Then don't expect to be given that 'thing that takes time to farm' for free for doing something menial and involves no real time investment. Have a good evening. 

3 hours ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

Funny how no matter the nyerk up all it takes is a few premium breadcrumbs for some pleople to turn on the playerbase and fly straight back to NCs shoulders.

HOW DARE players be upset that after TWO WEEKS of no gp/ap and all they have to show is a p2w event, not even information about the compensation we are going to get (gee I wonder why... 9_9)

And this affects all the players who farmed legendaries too, P2P gets to cheese all the way into their kaisenel xform by reseting the so called 'participation event' endlessly while the everyone else has to be glad to recieve a single ancient that they probably don't even need. Wow such entitlement.....

40 minutes ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

You assumed I paid for the first one. 

Well its not like you wrote that on your 1st post right? 9_9

1 minute ago, 17s48D51-KT said:

Funny how no matter the nyerk up all it takes is a few premium breadcrumbs for some pleople to turn on the playerbase and fly straight back to NCs shoulders.

HOW DARE players be upset that after TWO WEEKS of no gp/ap and all they have to show is a p2w event, not even information about the compensation we are going to get (gee I wonder why... 9_9)

And this affects all the players who farmed legendaries too, P2P gets to cheese all the way into their kaisenel xform by reseting the so called 'participation event' endlessly while the everyone else has to be glad to recieve a single ancient that they probably don't even need. Wow such entitlement.....

Well its not like you wrote that on your 1st post right? 9_9

You are acting like I was not also affected by no AP/GP... The event is not the compensation. The compensation they are still working on we will receive by next maintenance according to Cyan. The event is just an event, again, not compensation and you are not owed a legendary xform for 2 weeks worth of AP and siege rewards.

I am one of the players who farmed legendaries, there are still a limited number of people with kaisinel. If they want to pay for the marginal increase over legendary, fine by me.

I didn't say I paid for legendary then farmed two more, I listed that I paid for 1 and farmed for 2, not meaning to imply I paid for my first one. Allow me to clear it up, I didn't pay for my first one. 

4 minutes ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

You are acting like I was not also affected by no AP/GP... The event is not the compensation. The compensation they are still working on we will receive by next maintenance according to Cyan. The event is just an event, again, not compensation and you are not owed a legendary xform for 2 weeks worth of AP and siege rewards.

I know it isn't, I am just saying that after 2 weeks of a broken game NC comes out of the dark with a p2w event offering a very sought after item trying to fork some of the playerbases money which is a pretty scummy move deserved to be called out.

12 minutes ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

I didn't say I paid for legendary then farmed two more, I listed that I paid for 1 and farmed for 2, not meaning to imply I paid for my first one. Allow me to clear it up, I didn't pay for my first one. 

That made no sense, but w/e you say fam.

9 hours ago, Triffnixxxx-KT said:

*snip for length of quote only*

Totally agree.

The thing is, you don't even need to spend real money to get the Legendary Contract (random) bundle. You can buy the resets from the broker for kinah. I believe it was designed this way considering everything else resets with luna, which isn't tradeable. 

22 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Totally agree.

The thing is, you don't even need to spend real money to get the Legendary Contract (random) bundle. You can buy the resets from the broker for kinah. I believe it was designed this way considering everything else resets with luna, which isn't tradeable. 

The real thing is the event is made in bad taste. Tweaked so the only logical reward would be legendary contract, and then further tweaked so you can't achieve it without paying. I literally finished the 5 key quest and the scroll quest, but lo and behold the npc got locked in a dunged somewhere and cannot attend the event.
If the other rewards were decently priced, it would make sense, but who in the right mind wants to spend 750 coins on a red pve stone? 300 on a green xform? Literally name one reward except legendary that's worth buying, and no, ancient doesn't count cause it's 500 for 1 which is random, if it was 150 for ancient then we're talking.
It's like they are trying to heard sheep towards the bcm, that is the real thing, they literally gave nothing to players who can't afford to pay.
Most of the new events have been a total joke, either they have no idea what they are doing, or the game is closing soon and they just don't care.
They made so many mistakes with events and so many bad choices it's becoming a joke, let's bet how they will ruin the next event!

How is the legendary the only "reasonable"? Ancient contracts are reasonable. If you are trying to complete collections, the green contract is also reasonable. The enchantment stones are useful as well. For sure the legendary contract is a huge dangle to players to try and get them to pay.. either with kinah or with real money. That's not odd. That's called making money.. which the game is supposed to do.

And again.. you can get that legendary contract without spending a single dime in the shop. You will have to part with your hard-earned kinah and buy the resets from the broker, but how much do you really want that legendary contract? What would you be willing to do to get it? If it isn't worth either your real money or your kinah, don't get it. It's not like people havent' gotten legendary contracts for nothing in game. For sure it isn't easy, but it happens.

I'm like on my 4th week for CoE... My spirit master still missing 8 ancient items to be out of the harvester set. Game just straight up hates me but I'm glad I keep getting gloves since my hands get sweaty so much. Honestly they can put out whatever events they want now cuz they will all be garbage cuz they are changing them to basically getting 1 item a week or less. Use full event to get 1 item like a rainbow dye pack or a berdin star... Like thanks yo...

Hello master Triffinixinxininxxxnininxxinxinxixnnxixixnxnxinxixnxnxnxnxixixnxnxnxnxixn

18 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

How is the legendary the only "reasonable"? Ancient contracts are reasonable. If you are trying to complete collections, the green contract is also reasonable. The enchantment stones are useful as well. For sure the legendary contract is a huge dangle to players to try and get them to pay.. either with kinah or with real money. That's not odd. That's called making money.. which the game is supposed to do.

And again.. you can get that legendary contract without spending a single dime in the shop. You will have to part with your hard-earned kinah and buy the resets from the broker, but how much do you really want that legendary contract? What would you be willing to do to get it? If it isn't worth either your real money or your kinah, don't get it. It's not like people havent' gotten legendary contracts for nothing in game. For sure it isn't easy, but it happens.

Really, no one is talking about completing collections- green and white contracts are garbage. Ancients are barely tolerable.  No one is going waste the coins on enchantment stones on these ratess- are you kidding me? Not when an S run can give only 20 coins.

We are 6 months into a patch, it really isn't too much to expect that legendaries are fairly common.

Games can make money off of cosmetic items by the way - here's a few ideas- skins, mounts, housing items, scrolls. Hell, even items to socket manastones or improve re tuning chances, if I want to think of something new. Restricted to PVE if you want.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

If you could select the gold or green contract then sure it would make sense for collection, but since it's random it'a a waste of coins =)
Enchant stone are an even bigger scam, 150 for a legendary that's probably going to fail anyway, and pve nonetheless you can easily farm 10 of those a week or just buy them from bcm.
Don't even try to defend your position cause it's not working. The legendary is a big dangle and if you buy anything else you feel like you lost something not that you gained something.
I'm not denying you can easily get legendary with a bit of money and/or kinah, I'll probably get 3-4 myself, it's just the way they laid the event in front of us.
If they gave decent prices for the other rewards then it wouln't feel like such a scam.

Archived