Enchant rate broken?

Sleights-KT

Hey just to give my 2 cents.  I am in all purple currently and sitting at all pieces from 5-7 enchantment.  The fact I need to farm to get mats to get fragments to make stones is holding me and many people back.  What would be the harm in making it so each week you do your camps and then you can craft legendaries or ultimates without the use of fragments.  Each week i find my self working hard to get fragments/mats to get like 5-10 purples stones and then have them fail and end up in the same spot (if I am lucky) sometimes I will be lower than I started.  

A few things could be done...

1. make fragments not needed to craft pvp enchant stones

2. make purple stones much easier to get (make the daily camps give option of purple or red at this point)

3. make the lower levels on armor from 1-10 count more than making 14-15 count more than all the other levels combined.  make it even across all the enchants same bonus each time not like 1-2 points for low enchant level and like 100 for a high one.

4. make instances drop ancient and purple pvp stones

5. hell make pvp stones a world drop and sellable

6. craft spirit frags?

7. make it 5 ancient for purple and keep frags, make it 3 purples for ultimate

2 hours ago, Liqhtning-KT said:

Yesterday i failed 15 legendary stones to go from +10 ultimate weapon to +10 ..... they thought its a good idea to lower the enchant rates since server merge 

The rates for ultimate gear have not been changed since 6.x was launched. It just sucks. I wonder in those 15 stones how many times did you get to 12 or 13? At some point you need to use ultimates.

I've been enchanting ancient gear pretty fine since merge. I'm using ancient stones up to 14 and then one legendary. So far it's been a success in 4 items. 100% success rate on the legendaries. And it takes about 25-35 ancients to achieve that from 0.

With the exception being my plume. I'm starting to think that it's an item issue, because all plumes give me a headache to enchant! Couldn't get it to 10 yet and I've used about 16 stones so far.

Okay so I don't think the rates are broken, but the means of acquisition are a bit busted. Like, the morphing recipes were a huge boost, don't get me wrong, but we could really use more ways to earn legendary and ultimate stones. Maybe just legendary even, and keep the ultis restricted to morphing. The gems, fighting spirit fragments, and guiding stones are an extremely effective bottleneck to keep people from hitting max gear too fast. Gearing up is a process that should take a bit of time! But if stones were more plentiful, it wouldn't feel like such a devastating blow when our enchantments fail, and you'd see a lot less reports of the rates being broken. :P

@Cyan

we will continue suffering until when with this rate?

Ancient items needing 30 enchants per part, ultimate stones always failing, how long will we suffer?

5.0 had difficulty of the enchant to break the item and then we underwent a change with omega + greater = 100%

Why not leave at least the ultimate stone 100%, since it has difficulty acquiring it ????
Why not increase the rate of ancient stone on ancient items. That's just gonna make the game better... as we speak to new players the difficulty that the game is to make a gear with quality in pvp, when we wake up to this, so much hinder the game leads to nothing. 

We are going to 8 months of the version and it fits in a hand the amount of players that has gear cloud war.

think about it, ease the rate, recover pvp from the game.

ty.

2 hours ago, Hellbae-DN said:

its not broken, its RNG, had some bad luck ? WE ALL HAVE BAD LUCK, STOP CRYING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is not bad luck,  the other day I used 15 legendary enchant stones and today before reset i used 13,  weapon is still +10 and my wings went from +5 to +4 ,  couldnt manage past +6 

And Im supposed to believe legendaries have 82% success rate?  Sell your bad luck to lord azphel!

So something seems up, I just spent 150 ancient stones trying to get my ancient earings to 15..got to 14 only 3 times and failed all 3.  This reminded me of how it was..im talking ancient gear here and i get that for legendary and ancient the rates haven't changed...

On 5/29/2019 at 10:44 PM, SevenLions-KT said:

Seriously... broken or not, the rate are horrible. 7 purples to go from +8 to +9 on wings, then 5 reds to get to +10... If this isn't rubbish rate, what is?

If it's ultimate gear, the rates shouldn't really be that good.

Regardless, I have enchanted plenty of legendaries, and the rates for that aren't that bad. This subject keeps coming back to top page I don't know why. Perhaps it should be cheaper to morph legendaries and ultimate stones, but the rates aren't that bad.

"The gems, fighting spirit fragments, and guiding stones are an extremely effective bottleneck to keep people from hitting max gear too fast"

This is the issue right here.  The problem is that the bottleneck is only really stopping players who started up from Ancient.  If you had a set of purple +15 this doesn't really stop you.  If you had a red set from the start this doesn't stop you.  All it does is lets those that have enchanted gear from day one stay ahead of anyone who didn't have it.  

Like I said I'm in +5-7 purple gear and cannot even scratch someone in red (even not enchanted) let alone someone in +15 red.  I don't mind the difference between the gear sets or that it takes playing and time to get there but currently I plan, farm, save and I make 5-10 purple stones and I'm the same or further behind than if I hadn't enchanted at all.  Frustrating.  Also, I can't imagine what a new player feels who has never played lol.  They must play for a bit enjoy the game and then go forget this....

Yeah I *totally* believe enchant rates are fine... >.> 20 legendary stones should not make a +7 ultimate piece go between 6 and 7 repeatedly never reaching 8 and then down to 5.

and for the know it alls, yes I know how to enchant properly. Done it plenty. Seriously though I've had bad rng but *that* is far more than bad rng. I can understand bad luck above 10, that makes sense, but at +6 and +7? really? When the bonuses don't even count for crap but like 1 or 2 points? I've said it once and I'll say it again, rates were far better before they implemented the 6.7 patch but after they implemented the 6.5 enchant rates. Something is wonky here. I don't care what the naysayers have to say so save your breathe.

i honestly dont see how the enchant rate is fine, i still have ancient  accessory's , legs, top and wings i cant get past 12-13 with constantly failing and ive used hundreds  of stones both ancient and legendary, same with my  legendary bow,  ive used close to 30 stones ( legendary ) so far and most its went is to +3 . and as far as stigmas , don't get me started on that crap, i only have 1 @ 9 every since the enchant ur stigma crap started way back ( most all my stigma's at +5 and +6 ) ,  even with  the stigma enchantment stones your damn lucky to get them to 9 unless you use  close to 25-30 of them on 1 stigma. game is becoming more of a cash sink then anything tbh.

I'm also convince the current enchant system is broken for me.  Here is my take on the enchanting experience.

Enchanting Experience
RNGExperience Description
Great RNG Most enchanting attempts succeed, often see a proc +2, and rarely see failures -- end up with +3 to +5 in a single sitting. Gear update progression is great.
Normal RNG Most enchanting attempts succeed and occasional failure -- end up with +1 to +3 in a single sitting. Gear progression is OK.
Bad RNG Most enchanting attempts fail and seldom succeeds, often have to result to using ultimate enchant stones to save any progression -- end up with +1 if really lucky but usually -1 to -4. Bad to no gear progression.

My main often falls into the "Bad RNG" category and sometimes "Normal RNG". There aren't enough space to mention all of my failures but would like to share how I managed to salvaged some of my progression:

a) use ultimate enchant stone(s) when at +9 to get it to +10.

b) start using ultimate enchant stones at +12 to get it to +15 for those who can't ever get see +13 with legendary stones.

c) use ultimate enchant stones even on your ancient gear at +14 to get it to +15.

d) save stones -- use ancient enchant stones at +10 to get it +11 then legendary after, if you can enchant with less than 10 ancient stones then it's a win.

These are some things I've done to save my progression but you will end up working twice as long to farm ancient kibrium and farm XP for gems to make spirit frags to morph enchant stones.

I feel bad for anybody who also falls into the "Bad RNG" category.

I've now failed 7 ultimate stones on my ultimate necklace between +11 and +13. Considering how difficult it is making an ultimate stone, these success rates are just atrocious. The bottleneck on gear progression is making me play less frequently... I don't know long it will be until I just give up on the game. I don't mind spending a little bit of money on gear progression, but when the RNG is so bad that even players who spend hundreds/thousands on the game struggle just as much, you know there's a problem.

20 hours ago, Techlord-KT said:

I've now failed 7 ultimate stones on my ultimate necklace between +11 and +13. Considering how difficult it is making an ultimate stone, these success rates are just atrocious. The bottleneck on gear progression is making me play less frequently... I don't know long it will be until I just give up on the game. I don't mind spending a little bit of money on gear progression, but when the RNG is so bad that even players who spend hundreds/thousands on the game struggle just as much, you know there's a problem.

If you are enchanting an ultimate necklace over +10, I can assume you already have ultimate weapon and wings +15, and perhaps all the rest +10, so you are like the top 1% of the game, so I don't see why this is a legitimate reason to complain.

6 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

If you are enchanting an ultimate necklace over +10, I can assume you already have ultimate weapon and wings +15, and perhaps all the rest +10, so you are like the top 1% of the game, so I don't see why this is a legitimate reason to complain.

I'm complaining about the current enchantment rates. Only within the past couple of months have I had problems with enchanting gear above +10. All my other pieces were relatively easy. Yes I would still fail a few stones, but not as much as I'm failing now. I use to be able to get both legendary and ultimate pieces to +12/+13 easily with legendary stones, but now I struggle to get above +11, and even ultimate stones are failing at an insane rate. I've now failed 5 ultimate stones in a row at +13 on an ultimate piece. It seems to me that enchantment rates for legendary/ultimates have changed in recent months.

People can defend the game and say what they want, I don't care. I'm just explaining what I'm personally experiencing, and I'm clearly not the only one experiencing it.

Oh my God, we're going to go on unanswered until when? Does any of the staff do ingame testing on the rate? It's horrible, several people abandoning the game for that reason, how will a new player progress like this? Enchants RATE will they continue that hardcore way until when?

If this rate continues, here are some tips.

from 3 to 6 enchants bag per instances pvp. (ID DREDGE IB EC)
Siege from 2 to 4 legend stones (if win) If I lose from 1 to 2
weekly pvp quest with 1 PVP ultimate stone 
increase the chances of ultimate stones... 

@Cyan

We need to face reality. NCS is not worried about this game. Their focus is on other games. What else needs to happen for you to stop deluding yourself? Do you like to suffer? Like to punch the table? Everyone is sad, but AION is different now. Game Over. Accept this ... Nothing lasts forever.

Archived