aion is dying

Pesadao-DN

from 6.0 it is clear that NC's intention is to close the servers sucking as much money as possible from their players before that, the 6.0 update was supposed to bring great changes to the game I can say this because I played Korean, and I guarantee what we we play is not Aion.
have removed many things from this update, an example is the QUNA shop that contains several items,
in addition to the changes in the Gold Bar shop, reduction in transformation time and the removal of transparent transformation bags.
a great example of how the game is P2W is the event that is happening, which requires 2000 Gold to pick a legendary selectable transformation, would need 60-70 runs to get that amount of gold, but we only have 28 free runs rest of the runs only with scrolls bought in the BCM.
What has to be done is that all players stop buying prestige, and stop putting money in the game, so they close the game once or start listening to us, it's the only way this mercenary company can hear us.
finally wanted to thank the immense shit of this company called "NC"

The game is free to play, they need to make money from it somehow. The event really isn't that bad, those willing to spend a little money will be able to get a legendary transform by the end of the event (not to mention they will still have to work for it doing numerous instance runs). Those who are truly free to play will still be able to get decent rewards, including an ancient transform contract.

I'm not defending NCwest, I've been playing the game since 2009 and don't think I have seen them this bad before - they were never perfect, but the current NCwest and Aion team is atrocious. If they don't change the way they handle the game and the community the game will probably die in the next year or two.

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Still more players then 5.0 just saying :).

That's an absolute lie.  It was never an issue finding parties for PVP instances in 5.x, even before merge.  As someone who was used to going single or duo, yeah, it was easy then, now there's maybe 1-3 lfg group per time hour if even.  People QQ about 5.x, but it was miles beyond the steaming crap that is 6.x.  At least there was stuff to do, there were nice places to go to, you could see what the hell your toon looked like, and you could get around every pay wall in the game if you had 2 or 3 braincells to rub together.  

I agree with Shavera, 5.x was way better than currently Aion is. The issue is that both factions are cramped into a tiny map called Lakrum and called it a day, whereas in other patches you could always go somewhere else. This whole idea of transformations wouldn't be as bad if NA wasn't so greedy with transparent scrolls. Dumah map in 7.0 won't be any better.

When I talked to my friend yesterday (she doesn't play anymore), she just said "this isn't Aion that I used to love". Enjoyment with the game is limited unless you blow your wallet at the game.

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Still more players then 5.0 just saying :).

not sure.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

I agree with Shavera, 5.x was way better than currently Aion is. The issue is that both factions are cramped into a tiny map called Lakrum and called it a day, whereas in other patches you could always go somewhere else. This whole idea of transformations wouldn't be as bad if NA wasn't so greedy with transparent scrolls. Dumah map in 7.0 won't be any better.

When I talked to my friend yesterday (she doesn't play anymore), she just said "this isn't Aion that I used to love". Enjoyment with the game is limited unless you blow your wallet at the game.

I agree with you both.
I never tought I would say that, but 5.x was better than 6.x and I was so hopeful that Aion Refly could save this game LOL

big mistake

21 minutes ago, Lapis-DN said:

not sure.

I agree with you both.
I never tought I would say that, but 5.x was better than 6.x and I was so hopeful that Aion Refly could save this game LOL

big mistake

I tried to be as positive as I could with 6.x but I dreaded update day, I knew it was going to be horrible, and it has delivered on that on every regard.  And I have to say that as far as some people's luck have gone, I haven't done horribly by this patch, but I just absolutely hate the state of the game.  One thing I considered is the fact 6.x is the first KR update to be F2P, which is why 5.x and previous 'pay walls' have been half-arsed at best and circumventable.  But seriously, deleting 70% of your game and its mechanics was a good idea?  What????

I just don't get the 5.x hate, I had a great time for the most part.  Yes, the initial grind to 75 was overdone, but by the time 5.6-5.8 came around, the leveling was much smoother and there was still TONS to do before you got to 75.  The PVP open world could be a bit lackluster; that could've been fixed with better objectives in Norsvold and Iluma, perhaps a fort in each, I dunno, but throwing the whole thing in the fire seemed a bit extreme, especially since either of those maps were larger than Lakrum and far more detailed.  The PVE was excellent, instances were actually challenging because they had mechanics, and weren't gear gated.  Everything in 6.0 is easy if you have gear to tank and spank everything.  5.x was actually an expensive patch, beautiful to look at and take in, with tons of content, whereas. . .where's the content in 6.x?  Where is the money?  Everything is recycled.  Every texture in Lakrum is reused from somewhere else.  6-7x gears are all mostly chop ups of old armors and skins repasted and frankensteined together.  

I mean, FFS, I'd rather have to do Fissure of Oblivion every day again if it meant getting back a semblance of actual Aion versus whatever the heck this game is supposed to be now.  

Many of us have been screaming about what 6.0 was going to do to this game when we read the patch notes. People who played the Korean version warned us about it. Eastern design choices and marketing are not compatible with the west and the people who continued to play Aion after 5.0 and its own BS? 6.0 has just been more of what was already wrong with the game for many people and the game is already turning off new players. I still honestly believe the only solution is to either go back to (or open a server) on any version from 3.0 to 4.7 (I'd prefer the latter) and then just allow NCSoft West to independently balance the game and selectively add content.

To me 6.0 and onward has felt a lot like Star Wars Galaxies' NGE update. A completely and total overhaul of how the game works and is played, that removes tons of content, overly streamlines and dumbs down the game, and totally backfires in the end.

8 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

To me 6.0 and onward has felt a lot like Star Wars Galaxies' NGE update. A completely and total overhaul of how the game works and is played, that removes tons of content, overly streamlines and dumbs down the game, and totally backfires in the end.

Side discussion because I miss SWG so much: They actually put out some cool things before they shut it down to make way for SWTOR. :< But, yeah, the NGE was one of the biggest MMO mistakes that I've ever seen. Housing was dope, though, especially when you could rotate things around on their axis in a later patch.

5.X was terrible. I hated it, but 6.X has managed to be worse. I'm impressed that "we" could regress so splendidly just to pursue a more mobile-style PC MMO.

17 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Side discussion because I miss SWG so much: They actually put out some cool things before they shut it down to make way for SWTOR. :< But, yeah, the NGE was one of the biggest MMO mistakes that I've ever seen. Housing was dope, though, especially when you could rotate things around on their axis in a later patch.

5.X was terrible. I hated it, but 6.X has managed to be worse. I'm impressed that "we" could regress so splendidly just to pursue a more mobile-style PC MMO.

The sunset announcement proved that SOE Corporate and Lucas Arts were the ones really holding SWG back. All those years of being told atmospheric flight was impossible for example? For the final months the dev team is allowed to do whatever they wanted. Atmospheric flight is implemented and made stable in roughly a month. I don't know why but none of the emulators feel the same. I really think the community is what made the game.

As for Aion regressing towards a more mobile style? It doesn't surprise me since Aion already got one mobile game launched and "Aion 2" is also a mobile game in development. They can make far more money off of casual mobile gamers who buy micro-transactions than they can off of MMOs. Unfortunate but that seems to be where we're heading.

It's not just Aion. All MMORPG's are at the twilight. When even the mighty WoW is losing money, that's when you know the ship's taking on water and sinking fast.

Unless something truly innovative comes along, I feel like what we've been seeing for the past couple of years, (the slow death of MMORPG's), will finally come to pass.

Maybe VRMMORPG's could be the new hot thing. Just hope they come with safe logging off options standard.

the community has been very vocal about whats not right with the game, and NA did little to nothing to ease the community. still peeking everynow and then via forums to see how the game is going. what could be worst than the feeling of being unheard/ignored borderline abandoned by the company running the game you love? none. So i just walk away.

19 hours ago, Morrigan-KT said:

It's not just Aion. All MMORPG's are at the twilight. When even the mighty WoW is losing money, that's when you know the ship's taking on water and sinking fast.

Unless something truly innovative comes along, I feel like what we've been seeing for the past couple of years, (the slow death of MMORPG's), will finally come to pass.

Maybe VRMMORPG's could be the new hot thing. Just hope they come with safe logging off options standard.

It's not about innovation, it's about companies not listening to their players.  The market is currently saturated with 'active combat' system MMOs and I think most of us who play Aion hate those types of games.  If you want tab target like we have with Aion and some semblance of what your character can do, your options are very limited.  GW2 has a painfully simple combat system that I found highly restrictive even though the build sets up WERE interesting, but ultimately MEH.  WoW there is only so many times you can re-packaged a ( badly ) aging MMO short of a 100% graphical overhaul which could likely shoot yourself in the foot because I know many players for WoW do play on aging PCs, and then you have Aion.  

Aion is not losing business because of flagging interest.  Aion is losing money due to bad decisions in the direction of the game, the marketing, and negligence overall of the company to not take care of it.  Aion is literally a cash mine of missed opportunities.  It's an old ass game, and yet it's held up and looks super good for its age, the things that could be done with just optimization and fixing the engine issues or hell, just develop a new engine entirely alone. . .  Only NCSoft deleted 75% of their game and thought we'd still want to play.  

I mean, you don't think people want to play?  Okay, so there's a private server ( not saying I play it or not ) that at their slow times has 400 people on it.  At high times, there's 1300.  The server is patched to 2.5.  SO yeah, people want to play Aion, this game, currently? Is not Aion.  

I work in a business that's very intensely about customer satisfaction, marketing, and how to actually run a business.  It hurts to know, with 100% certainty, that you could do some of these people's jobs at NCWest 500% better and maybe do a little  ( a lot ) better in retaining players with the plate of crap that NCEast has delivered.  

On 5/11/2019 at 9:07 PM, Morrigan-KT said:

A whack on the head to you for obvious SAO reference.

But otherwise you're entirely right. 

The problem with the Everquest/WoW style gameplay: The whole single-player vs. grouping requirement with no reasonable alternatives to advance your character in level or story.

It has happened so many times over and over: New MMO comes out, hype exists, tons and tons of newbies flood the new servers. In the course of this, there's always somebody available to run that "heroic" instance, to do that raid, to advance that story.

So as expected, in time all the characters max out to "end game". Alts will keep things afloat for a while, but before you know it, there's nobody left to run that "heroic" instance, to do that raid, to advance that story. Newbies are almost entirely locked out of new content. You're trapped at level 22 in an empty town, nobody is around to help, and nobody cares. And then the new player gets bored and moves on.

This song and dance has happened to many an MMO before. 

I think the concept is fine: A virtual, fantastical world that people can log into and exist in. The question is how to remove the inevitable newbie-blocking downward spiral? You have to put everybody on equal ground to do whatever the content of the day is. 

And NCsoft took it to the extreme and we have 6.0. Is it right or wrong? Not a clue. I will say the remaining servers seem populated and busy enough, even though by Murphy's Law it always seems to be the "other" faction that's busy. All issues aside, I've been enjoying myself when I have time to actually sit and play. Will Aion die? Maybe, maybe not. As I find myself able to gear up either by doing solo pandora missions or grouping in instances, I'm cautiously optimistic for 7. 

And before anyone tells me I don't know how good we had it...I was here from the start. I really *really* miss some of the old areas, which I would go back to and admire when I just wanted to chill. I just don't see any use in screaming "the sky is falling" repeatedly. Is there a game that has it right? I'd say somewhere between Mabinogi and Sea of Thieves. The former has a ridiculous number of ways to advance your character, never leaving you stranded in "heroic instance hell", and the latter doesn't have levels or gear at all, just cosmetics that must be earned and buffs that must be made right then and there.

Some people think that this game is dying ant this is just a repeated story. Like a scratched disk, but I'm sure not. 

Unfortunately you need to put aside your passions and pay more attention to the facts.

Think better. AION had 10 servers. Today you have 2 and you will soon have only 1. Do you really think that this drop from 10 to 1 is not significant? 

Do you know how many people are online at the moment of an SIEGE? Take a test. Log in to your Elyos account and your Asmodias account, see how many are connected. It does not reach 500 people. 

Perhaps the number of active players in AION does not reach 1000. WOW has lost 3,000 players in 3 months because they are not listening to players and want to focus on mobile games and micro transactions. In AION, things are worse. NCS sees customers as enemies. All this has consequences.

The NCS has an incredible game in their hand, but it's true. We can not deny it. The NCS have the worst MMO admin I've ever seen in my life. There is no way for AION to survive. It's a matter of time.

Look. All the decisions this month were wrong. Ranking, GP, AP, Banning players who use Proxy. All wrong. The focus should be to correct BUG, increase the time of transparent transformations, or let transformations be optional, improve enchantment and manastones, seek class balancing, but not. 

Focus is always something to attacks the community, it attacks the customers,  attacks the game, destroy the history. 

Hey NCSOFT. The customer is not the enemy. The customer is the company's revenue. Do you know about this? I think no....

Oh right. I'm tired, it will not do. They do not understand. I'm talking to the walls.

• 5 months later...

I'm not surprised it's dying since they removed everything that was good about it. It bears no resemblance whatsoever to the game i used to play, and it's just getting worse. I abandoned ship about a year ago and went back to Guild Wars 1 (yes....that's how bad it is now) 

Every time i come back to see if NC have come to their senses and changed it back to something like it was, it just seems to be even more crappy.

RIP Aion. You were good while you lasted.

TRUE Aion spirit and soul was lost when they implemented Enchanting for ACC, Plumes, Essence core etc. Before we had to enchant 6 items for 1 set at max +15, after was like 16-17 items for 1 set and unlimited enchant (limited by your wallet $$$). Before any was able to get top gear in reasonable time, after only hard p2w was able to make it.

9 hours ago, Svaite-DN said:

TRUE Aion spirit and soul was lost when they implemented Enchanting for ACC, Plumes, Essence core etc. Before we had to enchant 6 items for 1 set at max +15, after was like 16-17 items for 1 set and unlimited enchant (limited by your wallet $$$). Before any was able to get top gear in reasonable time, after only hard p2w was able to make it.

The reason people were able to get top gear back in the day is due to the playstyle it really has nothing to do with p2w. The separation of PvE and PvP is the very reason this game is annoying to enchant. If you got fragments from PvP/PvE gear if you got enchant stones that worked on both PvP and PvE then the entire community would of been geared in 6.0 and no one would of given a shit about the p2w.

This is why the majority were fine with tempering. Most less than a month after tempering came out had +5-7 plumes and +2>3 accessories. No one gave a shit that people had +9>10 plumes or +5 accessories because you could still play the game progress your character and PvP semi-competitively with the majority of the community.

Archived