Weekly Server Maintenance - May 15, 2019

Cyan

51 minutes ago, Balak-DN said:

i I lost 10 siege in lakrum, How are they going to give me glory points? being that yesterday I made 900... 200 gp for one lost? WTF NOT GOOD

Getting tired of hearing this.  Yesterday you had 764 gp, you currently have 1,093.   Last time I did math that was not a gain of 900. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Gabe-DN said:

Getting tired of hearing this.  Yesterday you had 764 gp, you currently have 1,093.   Last time I did math that was not a gain of 900. 

guess part of the compensation should be a new calculator or abacus cause clearly they have a hard time with math :-)

To those demanding XXXX compensation or compensation because you didnt run something but you would have if there wasnt a bug, quit being so negative.  

I know I am not expecting the world from NC Soft, you are going in with the inappropriate attitude.  When was the last time NC Soft got everything 100% correct? 

I'd be happy with the minimum of what I actually did not what I would or should have done.  Anything more is just bonus and I wont be pissy if I felt entitled to more.

4 hours ago, Afterglow-KT said:

Not true. Many people carefully maintained their rank 1 to be able to gain AP and avoided instances and events where they could accidentally cross into 1 star officer limbo after an ID win or something. So they missed out on stones and other rewards just so they could continue to gain AP.

Well that's their own choice to maintain rank 1. Nevertheless, they still got rewarded from whatever activity they did. Activities that they potentially missed out on is a moot point because they could've just became an officer and get compensated now instead of then. It's no different than if they still choose to maintain rank 1 even now; it's a matter of when you're rewarded. But you shouldn't be rewarded twice for the same effort, wtf? The bug only affected officers. So the compensation should be then-officers only. People are just looking for a free handout..

6 hours ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

Yes you're right there is a strong case for the rank 1's not to get rewards for instances as they weren't affected as well as season rewards and prestige rewards. However siege they should still get it as many people didn't show up and it effected the factions performance as a high. Can't exactly take a fortress with a handful of people, and for those who defended had a very easy time and got more rewards than normal.

Actually you can? The defending side lost the same amount of people as the attacking side. It's not as if defense was still in full force. People chose to show up or not show up then just as now. Nothing's changed. 

im happy with the compensation so glad it didnt give people who attended extra gp who needs that right lol go farm or wait til next season  however i still then compesation is cheap but thats only cuz sieged alot more then a few times but its enough to keep me playing

4 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

OMG, now they got afraid.

Good they need to be so they get they act together if i be nice nothing gets done

11 minutes ago, Lingwon-DN said:

14.8 billion kinah for leg xform contract? BWAHAHAHAHA

No. What @Maladro-KT is posting is the changes to the Gold Sands Shop that accompanied every other regions' GP reset. As you can imagine, high ranked players were sitting on a ton of GP and now are sitting on a ton of gold bars. With those changes to the Gold Sands Shop, there would actually be something worth spending them on. I don't think these changes were ever meant for players to buy gold bars until they got 1500 and then use those to buy a legendary contract. As you point out, that would be rather silly. But it is equally silly to take away everyone's GP and then give them useless gold bars. 

14 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

No. What @Maladro-KT is posting is the changes to the Gold Sands Shop that accompanied every other regions' GP reset. As you can imagine, high ranked players were sitting on a ton of GP and now are sitting on a ton of gold bars. With those changes to the Gold Sands Shop, there would actually be something worth spending them on. I don't think these changes were ever meant for players to buy gold bars until they got 1500 and then use those to buy a legendary contract. As you point out, that would be rather silly. But it is equally silly to take away everyone's GP and then give them useless gold bars. 

What do Gold bars and GP mean anyways? What does the RNG of this entire game mean anyways? These are not things that make a player become better better and more skilled at a game. These are things preventing them from doing so. I mean, If you want to play a game that is all about taking the money from your bank, Play monopoly.

2 minutes ago, Raiuken-KT said:

What do Gold bars and GP mean anyways? What does the RNG of this entire game mean anyways? These are not things that make a player become better better and more skilled at a game. These are things preventing them from doing so. I mean, If you want to play a game that is all about taking the money from your bank, Play monopoly.

Umm. Welcome to Aion? And I am really not trying to be mean. Having played this game since 2009, it has always been heavily dependent on RNG. Only recently has the pay2win edged out what it used to be.. which was pay2gofaster. Though NCWest did get rid of the pay2win aspect of GP gain, so maybe there is some hope that we can go back to pay for convenience.

In case you really are asking what gold bars and GP mean, I will go ahead and give you my take. GP before the reset meant time. Lots and lots of time. Time spent in sieges. Time spent in EB. Often years and years of time. In taking that GP away from us with the reset, the developers gave us all gold bars in exchange for all the time we spent in the game prior to this. Unlike every other region, we didn't get that bump to the Gold Sands Shop that was posted.. which gave us something to spend all the gold bars that represent our time. Though not all gold bars are from the GP reset. Ofc most people also had gold bars that represented a good portion of our kinah wealth.

Aion is heavily RNG based. It is also heavily gear dependent. To a certain extent, you can pay real money to get that gear faster than someone that plays free to play. Hopefully you don't have an issue with that since games are not charities. They are business and exist to make money. But Aion is also skill based. At some point even if you have gear (either from time or cash) and have been really really lucky you can still lose horribly to someone that is just more skilled than you who has equal or lesser gear. That's just gaming.

53 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Umm. Welcome to Aion? And I am really not trying to be mean. Having played this game since 2009, it has always been heavily dependent on RNG. Only recently has the pay2win edged out what it used to be.. which was pay2gofaster. Though NCWest did get rid of the pay2win aspect of GP gain, so maybe there is some hope that we can go back to pay for convenience.

In case you really are asking what gold bars and GP mean, I will go ahead and give you my take. GP before the reset meant time. Lots and lots of time. Time spent in sieges. Time spent in EB. Often years and years of time. In taking that GP away from us with the reset, the developers gave us all gold bars in exchange for all the time we spent in the game prior to this. Unlike every other region, we didn't get that bump to the Gold Sands Shop that was posted.. which gave us something to spend all the gold bars that represent our time. Though not all gold bars are from the GP reset. Ofc most people also had gold bars that represented a good portion of our kinah wealth.

Aion is heavily RNG based. It is also heavily gear dependent. To a certain extent, you can pay real money to get that gear faster than someone that plays free to play. Hopefully you don't have an issue with that since games are not charities. They are business and exist to make money. But Aion is also skill based. At some point even if you have gear (either from time or cash) and have been really really lucky you can still lose horribly to someone that is just more skilled than you who has equal or lesser gear. That's just gaming.

I don't like this game because of it. What they have done essentially is set up slot machines. Aion slot machines. I see everyone who plays this game just like I look at the mindless gambler at Vegas putting his life savings into a slot machine in hopes he wins big. It's a game for gamblers. Maybe why it's so popular in Korea,  all those guys have gambling problems. But here, in the USA,  game mechanics like that do not fly. RNG is the worst game mechanic ever devised in the history of video games, and online games, it was created because people just can't think of better ways.  But it's horrible to work on a game, 7 hours a day, only to have all your hard work taken away because of some random number generator,  who in their right mind enjoys that?

3 minutes ago, Raiuken-KT said:

I don't like this game because of it. What they have done essentially is set up slot machines. Aion slot machines. I see everyone who plays this game just like I look at the mindless gambler at Vegas putting his life savings into a slot machine in hopes he wins big. It's a game for gamblers. Maybe why it's so popular in Korea,  all those guys have gambling problems. But here, in the USA,  game mechanics like that do not fly. RNG is the worst game mechanic ever devised in the history of video games, and online games, it was created because people just can't think of better ways.  But it's horrible to work on a game, 7 hours a day, only to have all your hard work taken away because of some random number generator,  who in their right mind enjoys that?

Nice sweeping generalizations you have there.

Clearly Aion isn't the game for you.

Good luck in your search for a non-RNG-y game, though.

19 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Nice sweeping generalizations you have there.

Clearly Aion isn't the game for you.

Good luck in your search for a non-RNG-y game, though.

Warframe. Where ninjas play for free. I just give them my money, and it's not making me better than anyone. It's the way that game is, the people who designed it are geniuses. Everyone in the gaming industry needs to take notes.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived