Aion 7.5: Era of The Legendary Daeva - will bring back Katalam and Danaria!

Lapis-DN

Korean NCsoft started today a countdown to the new update. The mini patch is called 'Era of The Legendary Daeva' and will bring back 'Red Katalam' (the original name of both maps Katalam + Danaria) as a new zone. It is probably a nostalgic event/instanced server like Eye of Tiamaranta.

New content will also be on the patch. New maps, new floors to Crucible Spire, ultimate xform [Marchutan] plus a bunch of lesser transformations.

More to come, the release date is May 22

wAdSoGq.png

thank to kyuubear an EU player, who translated most things.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Korean NCsoft started today a countdown to the new update. The mini patch is called 'Era of The Legendary Daeva' and will bring back 'Red Katalam' (the original name of both maps Katalam + Danaria) as a new zone. It is probably a nostalgic event/instanced server like Eye of Tiamaranta.

Vince-McMahon.jpg

Thanks for bring more info :)

Anyway I don't think developers really understand what players wanted.It's like they heard players want katalam map back so they bring it back but little they know people love like whole 4.0 patch not just one map.

Anyway this map going to fail if they didn't added camps like Luklam and didn't added ultimate gears for rewards and they should add legendary contracts for rewards too.

If no no or just katalam battlefield then this patch failed already.Even it does what I said it's not getting all players back during the fact transformation system still suck.

3 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Apparently, the red katalam will be a pvp zone for server vs server pvp.

Probably will be panesterra style, but simpler.

It seems to be a cross-server region, yes. It's probably safe to think of it as a temporary new Panesterra with the Tia Eye event treatment.

Russian said it's Inter-server PVP zone

My opinion about this is it will be pvp version of fast track server.
Why fast track not a normal map in each server ? I think because Aion pop now is much smaller than it was in 4.x in Korea the map that this big will be empty if each server got their own map.Still I want to see rewards from this map first and wanna see if they going to do something about nasty transformation.You can talk about everything but transformation is an elephant in the room that everyone knew.

https://aion.plaync.com/board/hotissue/view?articleId=836949

Images in the link, you're encouraged to run it through a translator as well. I've written a small tl;dr summary below.

Korea seems to acknowledge that Aion PvP is not like it used to be, so they created a "server consolidation field" (Red Katalam) as a first step towards recreating that past time. It's a cross-server battleground map that can accommodate 2000 players total (max. 1000 Elyos from across all servers vs. max 1000 Asmos, the same), a place where you can meet all Aion players in one area and have PvP in various sizes: 1v1, party vs. party, and so on up to RvR. They say something about Panesterra being closer to just 4 fortresses with minor fields, but that a "true" cross-server field was something they didn't have yet. They chose Katalam because they needed a map wide enough to accommodate the entire server, and Katalam is one of the largest Aion maps in existence ever.

If the map is full you can't enter, and disconnecting or moving to character selection will kick you out of the BG. There's no minimum entry level, no instances on the map, but kisks are supported. Sillus Fortress now seems to be an open space where a raid boss will appear sometimes or under certain conditions.

Bases

There's 25 camps now and they are color-coded (think Levinshor), concept seems to be that the more bases your race occupies and holds within a "group", the more normal and boss monsters will appear that offer rewards. When you hold all bases in a group a raid boss will appear. Bases must be defended from waves of NPC attacks and enemy players, so you need to find a balance between attack and defense (think Pandora Agency pvp rifts). When a raid boss appears (on your side) you should gather all players quickly, when a raid boss appears on the opposing faction's side you can either try to kill it or take the chance to capture their bases.

Special Weapon
There will be a special ultimate-tier weapon that appears randomly in the field. It can be picked up by anyone, and lets you do pvp with equal or higher geared players. It can help anyone turn tide of battle, regardless of their level. The weapon can appear at multiple locations simultaneously, so if you have several members on your side who have it you can turn the tide of battle. The weapon is only usable on Red Katalam.

There seems to be a chance to get pre-enchanted pvp gear, but I didn't get the details aside from you needing to assemble a "key" made with items dropped of boss monsters to open a "box" awarding said gear.

To be honest I think that 25 camps is too much in one single map.

I don't know what Korea think but in NA majority of people don't like pvp or else groups of 5 star army wouldn't happened to hunt PK individual of rank 1.
Katalam map were popular in the past because it can't be camp you need to run very long distance between camps but 25 camps in one single map make it a great PK map.

Why can't they do simple thing such as battle royale like BnS and open 24/7 everybody would love to join it.Equal gears equal chances.

From information I have now I believed it will be a failed patch because this patch was developed under impression players were like Katalam map.

21 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

groups of 5 star army wouldn't happened to hunt PK individual of rank 1.

This happens because those 5-stars are trying to complete their Prestige "kill 50 people" weekly quest for fragments. It's hard to do that with the population dwindling, so it sometimes forces people to do unsavory things like zerg solo lowbies.

Only one thing will make this game as good as it used to be. Make a patch where all the Daevas go back in time from before the 4.8 update, and go from there without making all the horrible mistakes they should have learned from by now. It's sad, because Aion, and the concept of it is pretty awesome. They have something great on their hands and all they do is mismanage the nyerk out of it when really they could just sit down and think, " Ok guys, we're taking the gloves off, and we're going to make Aion awesome again." But I don't think NC soft has people like that working for them. I think they only have people who want to clock out and go home as soon as possible doing as little as possible just to get a paycheck. MMORPGs in general seem to be lacking creative development. They always have new ideas, but they're bad ideas and they don't want to stick to what works, Awesome Raids Cool looking Armor for beating hard, awesome raids,. The way you should get gear on any MMORPG is by beating a hard enemy. If you make people get gear any other way, you just failed at designing an MMORPG Sound , fun, and balanced PvP, and lots of sights to see. The way you should get gear on any MMORPG is by beating a hard enemy. If you make people get gear any other way, you just failed at designing an MMORPG

23 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I agree on this... I like to believe that this might work for KR but bot for NA since our population is much less especially nowadays. Will be interesting to see how the KR playerbase deals with it.

On 15/05/2019 at 10:11 AM, Neleth-KT said:

I don't know what Korea think but in NA majority of people don't like pvp or else groups of 5 star army wouldn't happened to hunt PK individual of rank 1.
Katalam map were popular in the past because it can't be camp you need to run very long distance between camps but 25 camps in one single map make it a great PK map.

Why can't they do simple thing such as battle royale like BnS and open 24/7 everybody would love to join it.Equal gears equal chances.

From information I have now I believed it will be a failed patch because this patch was developed under impression players were like Katalam map.

It will be a INATANCED PVP MAP. If you don't want to PVP, don't go there.

40 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

It will be a INATANCED PVP MAP. If you don't want to PVP, don't go there.

If it giving only pvp related items I won't go there but since pvp giving pvp gears ? it's always pve giving pvp gears lol :D

4 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

If it giving only pvp related items I won't go there but since pvp giving pvp gears ? it's always pve giving pvp gears lol :D

From what I have researched there will be world bosses and named mobs. I'm not sure yet as for the drops.

Fact is there will be PvP going on and you know that already. It's not like there aren't other PvE only contents out there.

Either way, Aion has ALWAYS advertised that the game is PvPvE. Not sure what's new here!

Well, Katalam and Danaria had like 10 bases I think, but they were huge maps, and had lot's of parts that had nothing relevant to end game, just yellow quests and then you would never had to go back there. If they are making a map that is the combination of those 2, they probably will put more content on the maps.

11 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Only Katalam / North Katalam is coming back. Danaria / South Katalam is not coming back.

Katalam / North Katalam in early 4.0's was all about hiding inside safe pads. And that's not including 5 giant shugo safe pads (neutral zones) without any purpose in terms of gearing up.

I'm happy with Katalam. I enjoyed those big sieges back in the days! :3

Let#s hope those safe pads won't come back tbh... I never liked those! Maybe have just a very few of them like we have it in Lakrum right now, but that's about it. D:

So from the main image, lower right is the new pvp arena where you can enter for free and practice duels! Finally...

Red Catalam is the CROSS SERVER location that can fit up to 2k players (1k each faction). No obelisks. No limits on who can enter. 

Catalm bases now will have up to 5 stages of conquering and some of them are divided into groups. At last stage there will be raid bosses that drop good loot. 

The new weapon, is the weapon that randomly spawns at multiple locations of Katalam and anyone can loot it. This weapon is the best weapon of new patch and has big impact on the siege. Weapon disappears after leaving Katalam.

New Katalam drop, by killing mobs in Katalam you can loot special chest that contains PvP gear (pre enchanted, ultimate/legendary/ancient grade). Its required to have a special key (drops from bosses) to open the chest. P.S. Pretty sure will be nerfed in NA.

New PVE set that will match stats of the PvP set added in 7.0. Weapons can be dropped in new instance as well as being crafted with the mats dropped in new instance.

mpdIsLG.png

tzlCl2T.jpg

11 hours ago, Lapis-DN said:

New ultimate xform Marchutan will be a bit CASTER oriented (but excellent for any type of class since it will cap anyone ofc). He also brings PVP Status to xform, that will be nerfed like hell for us

Just so it's clear, both Kaisinel and Marchutan transforms will have pvp/pve atk and pvp/pve def stats added on them.

8db92c5d3f89f92f407386e7e927cb1f.jpg

However, no real reason to panic about it, it's just a boost to the current mag/phys atk and mag/phys def stats already on Kaisinel, and a pvp/pve differentiation.

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Transformation/982050

It kinda reads decently through google translate but i have to wait till i see it to give it a real opinion. Right now tho i think the biggest issue from reading it is what reward will players get that flip X or Y camp

unknown.png

This is what i feel will ruin the patch area. I think it will not be faction loot and it will be group/alliance/league loot. This will cause players to camp where the boss is going to spawn and no one to defend the bases which will probably end up with bosses de-spawning once the camp is lost.

However with out actually seeing it in action google translate could be leaving me astray with its wild ride so ill have to wait and see how it goes.

Forgive me. I want to be optimistic, but it's impossible.

The AION has been deconstructed. The story is dead. Without a return to origins there is no way to save AION. The game will continue as it is now. It will bleed into drops until the day that financially will not be more sustainable.

Archived