Siege gp

I've seen this happening over the last few weeks, on both factions, the top 30-100 transform presiege and fly into the fort to farm gp mobs.  Thats just as unfair as resetting IB/ID.  So one thing has to change, get rid of the gp mobs and calculate gp on participation or bring back IB/ID gp.  

Flame away, but if I am seeing some in the top 30 move up 7 spots in one siege, there is a problem.  At least gp with IB/ID bring in money to NC Soft, this way just pushes more people to say forget the participation and afk and let all the transforms fight the siege.  And really just leave Aion due to this gp competition crap tearing factions apart.

How is that unfair? Anyone can do it. Yes. Having a transform makes it a bit easier, but have you seen how fast a transform can be burned now? They can be feared! They are not as strong as they used to be.

Those GP mobs do, however, divide the faction. Many players, as you point out, fly in to kill those mobs and then leave the siege. So often the highest dps players are gone which reduces the chance that your faction will take that fort. The highest ranked players are now often the most selfish. That's really a step backward in sieges. I know no one liked the forced alliances/leagues of 5.x, but damn. Did we have to swing so far in the other direction?

Pretty much exactly what Aly said is how I feel about it.

My friends and I don't transform to try to get gp mobs, although we could if we wanted. They die so quickly, you're lucky to get a couple hits in anyway. We'd rather save our transforms for times when it's more beneficial to our faction. That said, this is a game and people will (and should) play games in ways that please them. It's not real life, after all. We may not LIKE it and we may see it as kind of self-serving, but we can't deny them doing it as long as they aren't breaking any rules.

I'm not against making GP with mobs, but that's just a wrong decision based on what AION should be. The function of an SIEGE should be the union of the players. SIEGE should promote organization, strategy and unity. This SIEGE is very far from what was the SIEGES of old. People today only play individually, there is no union. The idea of a cooperative game was destroyed. So this is just one more mistake. I'm very sorry for all this AION transformation. It was an incredible game, nowadays it's a mess.

Apart from the AP reward and the better enchantment pouch (losers still get reward), how does owning a fortress really benefit the faction at the moment? Yes the legion owning the fortress has a special NPC that sells some stones for insane amount of legion coins, but what else, I mean where is exactly the faction placed into this? Heck, when the enemies own the fortress you can go there and farm guards for XP to convert your coins to gems, and the fortress is usually empty because there is nothing there to do.

In Danaria and Katalam maps back in those days, I remember owning a fortress meant exclusive entry to specific instances, same to abyss fortresses, remember? People wanted to own the fortress not only for the ranking but mostly for the exclusive content which actually mattered.

What about Divine owning, you can't even go there, the teleport to Core exists only during the 1 hour that the siege is happening. Once this hour passes, even if you stayed there, you get teleported back to lakrum.

~~~
Pay to rank was bad also, what is a ranking system if you can purchase your place to it. The current ranking system is same for everyone, it is limited to a siege only, in a tight area, with plenty of enemies and it is a pure pvpve, what Aion is meant to be. Some classes benefit from dps to guards, but other classes benefit for their survivability to the pvp and thus the amount of time they can stay alive while farming the guards.

You can get more GP by attacking a fortress and losing it, than winning it. Defenders get a tiny amount of guards to kill that spawn at specific times only.

Archived