Compensation for the returning players

@Cyan.  I had a group of friends, return exactly when the AP bug started.  These players, already behind, took our advice and didn't run any GP things since they needed the AP.   They missed out on many entries to things that would have gotten them AP/GP/Stones because they were afraid they wouldn't get what little AP they could.  Due to this, they weren't classified for the "affected players".  However they were more affected than the rest of us, since they are returning and needed it more than anyone.  Now they are talking about quitting again, something I really really don''t want to see happen.   They opened tickets just to have support slap them down

It would be easy to look in your logs, find out who returned to the game during that bug, and compensate them.  Plus it would make them wish to stay.  Please don't drive players away again when they are trying to come back.  Please make this right

9 minutes ago, Auquin-DN said:

@Cyan.  I had a group of friends, return exactly when the AP bug started.  These players, already behind, took our advice and didn't run any GP things since they needed the AP.   They missed out on many entries to things that would have gotten them AP/GP/Stones because they were afraid they wouldn't get what little AP they could.  Due to this, they weren't classified for the "affected players".  However they were more affected than the rest of us, since they are returning and needed it more than anyone.  Now they are talking about quitting again, something I really really don''t want to see happen.   They opened tickets just to have support slap them down

It would be easy to look in your logs, find out who returned to the game during that bug, and compensate them.  Plus it would make them wish to stay.  Please don't drive players away again when they are trying to come back.  Please make this right

I didn't get anything either because I avoided getting ranked. If anyone check the logs you can easily see that I did pretty much everything but stuff that had GP rewards, but yeah, not gonna happen.

They either stay and get used to this kind of thing, or quit again. I really want some new game make me as passionate as I am with Aion to drop ship already.

48 minutes ago, Auquin-DN said:

@Cyan.  I had a group of friends, return exactly when the AP bug started.  These players, already behind, took our advice

Well at least now they know not to take your advice in the future <3.

We were told pretty quickly that there would be some sort of compensation for the bug. I understand not wanting to trust that, but that was a gamble. This time it turned out that the compensation was generous.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

We were told pretty quickly that there would be some sort of compensation for the bug. I understand not wanting to trust that, but that was a gamble. This time it turned out that the compensation was generous.

They however did not mention only players who got GP would be considered "affected"

1 minute ago, TonyTheGod-KT said:

They took YOUR advice. You are not NC soft GM.

Let them quit. Those 30m AP and ultimate stones wouldn't get them anywhere.

Not just my advice, many of the players who experienced it told them the same thing

3 minutes ago, Auquin-DN said:

They however did not mention only players who got GP would be considered "affected"

Not just my advice, many of the players who experienced it told them the same thing

Matter of fact, they did not return, and they would not play full instance and siege runs even if there was no bug.

Stop crying for compensations when they don't even deserve it.

You can act like a superior know-it all all you want.  The fact remains the same, NCsoft had a bug, they did not make it clear who would get compensated nor did they say what the compensation would be.  You're truly mindless if you call it "undeserved".   A bug is a bug and EVERYONE playing during the time of the bug was affected and should be compensated.  People who AFKed one siege on an alt got the reward, yet they are more deserving? smh

I was a victim of this as well.. 

didnt rank myself because i wanted to at least earn AP

Ncsoft told me i dont qualify...

my legions alts even got 12 ulti stones and AP

I got nothing because i chose not to participate in broken sieges..

Obviously its our fault that they broke the game...

We deserve to be behind by not getting any compensation

600 Fighting Spirit Fragments (worth up to 600 million kinah), 600 ancient pvp stones (worth up to 198,000 BC Coins - approximately $2,500)

Only people who went to 1st siege of their broken game deserve these awards... 

15 minutes ago, Auquin-DN said:

You can act like a superior know-it all all you want.  The fact remains the same, NCsoft had a bug, they did not make it clear who would get compensated nor did they say what the compensation would be.  You're truly mindless if you call it "undeserved".   A bug is a bug and EVERYONE playing during the time of the bug was affected and should be compensated.  People who AFKed one siege on an alt got the reward, yet they are more deserving? smh

Hold on- you gave your friends advice, when you had no idea about what NCSoft would do, and now you're angry at people here when they're pointing out that maybe your friends should have listened to NCSoft instead?

Agreed, sometimes a bug affects everyone, in this case it didn't affect everyone equally. I understand that the timing would really not impress for people who return, but it really affected those who had officer rank. - if you didn't have that rank the impact was minimal, and it some cases it could be argued it was beneficial. Your friends were impacted less than a lot of people during that time, and compensation was announced.

4 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Hold on- you gave your friends advice, when you had no idea about what NCSoft would do, and now you're angry at people here when they're pointing out that maybe your friends should have listened to NCSoft instead?

Agreed, sometimes a bug affects everyone, in this case it didn't affect everyone equally. I understand that the timing would really not impress for people who return, but it really affected those who had officer rank. - if you didn't have that rank the impact was minimal, and it some cases it could be argued it was beneficial. Your friends were impacted less than a lot of people during that time, and compensation was announced.

I'm not angry, I simply stated they should take in consideration everyone was affected.

Look,. I really sympathize when you try to get friends back to a game. That in itself isn't easy- the this happens.

Unfortunately, I really think this was fair. I mean, they announced compensation -  I'm happy with what I got. I went out and sieged  even though I got nothing. at the time- if I hadn't gone, really I don't think  compensation would have been justified given the announcement - and really, no way for NCSoft to tell who didn't go because of the bug,and who didn't go because they have no interest anyway in sieges.

I know it sucks but non-officer players simply weren't affected by the bug in the same way and so they don't need the same compensation. Unranked players still got their legendary stones, crafting/purification mats, IDD reset scrolls, AP, and GP from sieges and instances. If people chose not to participate in anything and encouraged others to do the same, even after it was announced that we would receive compensation, I really feel like that's on them. :1

And it's not as though this was some huge gamebreaking compensation either; people who didn't get the AP and ulti stones aren't being left in the dust by those who did. 

The fact is, your friends, chose not to engage in any GP events. So, they are not ranked. Thus, they should not be compensated, period. Because, they can gain any amount of AP by going into those AP instances, which I don't think they even went to any, cuz they are "returned" players. 

Furthermore, they did not go to any AP instances, GP&AP instances, or sieges. They are either PVE players, or AFK players. WHY should they get the compensation while they were not even active? With that being said, they don't deserve any of compensation, at all.

They should bemoce 1-star the last days of the bug, get the AP and rewards and cash the compensation. there were people that were merely 1-star, not active and thy also got the insane compensation. The only reason why we (the super active people) didn't complain that we got same rewards to those not trying hard, is because oit was an over-compensation so even we got something more than we would have gotten without the bug.

Lets just hope there will be no more bugs

Archived