Jump to content
Rocksie-KT

Weaving in 6.5?

Recommended Posts

So.. I was testing with a couple of my toons weaving in this patch and I'm finding it really hard to weave without droping my damage in PVP or PVE.

Made a quick video about the tests: 

 

 

Let me know what you think about it.
Are any other ways to use Weaving? Or some more merits to it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weaving is still mandatory for sins. I think most sins are running 1 old weapon 1 new weapon because you only get base physical damage from 1 weapon whether it’s mainhand or offhand, so your weaves are still high on one hand. Plus devotion is useful. Plus sins don’t have enough skills to spam their skills. 30-35% of my damage still comes from auto attacks. In pvp, I tend to only weave during stun locks with devotion up.

Weaving for the other classes is less clear. If you’re near attack speed cap, then weaving is possible, but not sure if it boosts DPS, especially as your physical attack increases. My glad uses a purple greatsword, and I spam skills, but I still end up doing some auto attacks (usually about 15-20% of my damage). Chanters should still weave if you’re near capped attack speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I personally think weaving is not really mandatory since, you can actually spam skills with an Assassing without runing out of cooldowns if you weave only when you have devotion (gives you 10s every 30s to recover some cooldowns), that's the way I do it with my Sin, and now about the dmg, I personally think that unless you have a really good offhand (Master harvester's +20 with power +10) it end's up lowering your damage.

I have not gotten my hands on one of those yet for testing but the one I have with my glad is +10 and has 3 +11 and 3 +6 power manastones on it, It lowers my damage compared to spamming (as shown on the video) but not by far.

Also I think that if someone can get themselves a really good Master Haverster's Sword, a Weapon Damage Pure Plume and a Bracelet with 6 manastones of Weapon Damage/Acc. Their weaves would be really damn strong (if their Acc, Physical Attack, Crit, and PVE/PVP stats are high enough).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rocksie-KT said:

unless you have a really good offhand (Master harvester's +20 with power +10)

He does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Rocksie-KT said:

Well I personally think weaving is not really mandatory since, you can actually spam skills with an Assassing without runing out of cooldowns if you weave only when you have devotion (gives you 10s every 30s to recover some cooldowns), that's the way I do it with my Sin, and now about the dmg, I personally think that unless you have a really good offhand (Master harvester's +20 with power +10) it end's up lowering your damage.

I have not gotten my hands on one of those yet for testing but the one I have with my glad is +10 and has 3 +11 and 3 +6 power manastones on it, It lowers my damage compared to spamming (as shown on the video) but not by far.

Also I think that if someone can get themselves a really good Master Haverster's Sword, a Weapon Damage Pure Plume and a Bracelet with 6 manastones of Weapon Damage/Acc. Their weaves would be really damn strong (if their Acc, Physical Attack, Crit, and PVE/PVP stats are high enough).

My offhand for pve is a +15 master harvester, with power +7/8s. Idk how you spam skills without having them on CD, but for me it’s impossible (unless you’re really low attack speed). Before, I had a master harvester dagger and pvp red dagger offhand. 

Its definitely mandatory, you lower you damage if you don’t weave, unless you’re doing it incorrectly.

the extra 4k-12k damage you get from weaves is much more than you would get from the bonus 300 physical attack you get from having two red weapons, which would only increase your base damage of your skill attacks by 1-2k.

Edited by Hellish-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

He does.

Oh I see haha.

 

5 hours ago, Hellish-DN said:

Idk how you spam skills without having them on CD, but for me it’s impossible (unless you’re really low attack speed). Before, I had a master harvester dagger and pvp red dagger offhand. 

Well the thing is, it depends on your rotation, like every other class. And I'm ussually at cap Attack Speed :P.

5 hours ago, Hellish-DN said:

Its definitely mandatory, you lower you damage if you don’t weave, unless you’re doing it incorrectly.

I wouldn't say mandatory, I'd say it depends on the playstyle of the player and the resources (the offhand) available to him. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE weaving, but since I don't have the resources to do it everytime, I only weave when devotion is up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, unless you're using stigma atk skills to pad out the number of skills you have to use, and thus sacrificing other things, there is NO way you're not running out of skills with a sustained attack chain if you're not weaving.  I see this thread is in PVP, so maybe then?  But I still weave all the time, during pvp, pve, etc, and yeah, I'm a high dps, max atk speed sin and there are brief moments in IDD where I am getting down to the wire on what skills I have to use that are not rune bursts, so I'm calling BS if you're gonna tell me you only weave with devotion up during IDD, PF, etc.  

PVP is the only vaguely viable reason I can see not to weave, but you are not going to chew through templars, chanters, clerics and other tanky crap by blowing your load and not weaving.  8D  

And that said, the guy in the video is in a full set of pink gear with not even 2k crit, with dual dagger ( which is not a bad idea for the initial gear grind to full red, but dagger + sword is still the way to go if you have reasonable ping and decent gear plus a decent xform ) and not maxed out atk speed.  He is clueless what weaving looks like when you're plus the 4k mark of crit.  Even 3k is going to look a world apart from this, and toss in max atk speed?  It's pretty much auto-weaving at that point, especially if your ping is low.  I feel like you would have to try harder not to weave than to weave if you're really atk speed capped.  8D 

And I still weave on my ranger too, the DPS is better with weaves than not, and again, you.will.run.out.of.skills.  



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pve = double sword and weave pvp = double dagger and weave only in devotion. daggers= higher crit percentage swords = more dmg per auto attack because more attacks per hit (as in the sword hits the target more times per auto attack every sin should know this by now) with this patchs max attack speed  you wont have worse dmg than dagger/sword it will be better :) double dagger this patch because all of your damage comes from crits in the first place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2019 at 2:07 AM, Shavera-DN said:

I mean, unless you're using stigma atk skills to pad out the number of skills you have to use, and thus sacrificing other things, there is NO way you're not running out of skills with a sustained attack chain if you're not weaving.  I see this thread is in PVP, so maybe then?  But I still weave all the time, during pvp, pve, etc, and yeah, I'm a high dps, max atk speed sin and there are brief moments in IDD where I am getting down to the wire on what skills I have to use that are not rune bursts, so I'm calling BS if you're gonna tell me you only weave with devotion up during IDD, PF, etc.  
 

You can watch videos of my stream where I only weave when devotion is up: https://www.twitch.tv/justkenshi/videos

 

On 5/23/2019 at 2:07 AM, Shavera-DN said:

And that said, the guy in the video is in a full set of pink gear with not even 2k crit, with dual dagger ( which is not a bad idea for the initial gear grind to full red, but dagger + sword is still the way to go if you have reasonable ping and decent gear plus a decent xform ) and not maxed out atk speed.  He is clueless what weaving looks like when you're plus the 4k mark of crit.  Even 3k is going to look a world apart from this, and toss in max atk speed?  It's pretty much auto-weaving at that point, especially if your ping is low.  I feel like you would have to try harder not to weave than to weave if you're really atk speed capped.  8D 

I was using my glad for that test haha n.n, attack speed is at cap with Surefooted btw, you can see the stats here:

https://imgur.com/a/PtnqNeR


I believe that's over 4k crit :)xD

Edited by Rocksie-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe using old gloves + old weapon + flurry then it's possible to reach the cap o_o

Anyway this is just my personal comment I haven't test or try but I think weaving during devotion worked but I think it's not worth my trouble if devotion last 20 seconds like vaziel's wisdom then I might consider doing it.

From my experience weaving during 5.x time when you weaving you automatically entered zombie mode you won't care for buff or timing it you just weaving all time if I have to timing buff and weaving it's just too much trouble (thinking weaving with ranger and focus shots it's like that too much trouble you will have better health if you just spam).This is where we come to 20 seconds devotion you just weaving all time and and spam devotion without needing to look duration of buff.

Or maybe just add auto attack passive and remove weapon attack from devotion I'm leaning to this more than anything because I believed someone shouldn't do extremely dps just because of their pings we should reduce space between high ping and low ping as much as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Neleth-KT said:

Maybe using old gloves + old weapon + flurry then it's possible to reach the cap o_o

Anyway this is just my personal comment I haven't test or try but I think weaving during devotion worked but I think it's not worth my trouble if devotion last 20 seconds like vaziel's wisdom then I might consider doing it.

From my experience weaving during 5.x time when you weaving you automatically entered zombie mode you won't care for buff or timing it you just weaving all time if I have to timing buff and weaving it's just too much trouble (thinking weaving with ranger and focus shots it's like that too much trouble you will have better health if you just spam).This is where we come to 20 seconds devotion you just weaving all time and and spam devotion without needing to look duration of buff.

Or maybe just add auto attack passive and remove weapon attack from devotion I'm leaning to this more than anything because I believed someone shouldn't do extremely dps just because of their pings we should reduce space between high ping and low ping as much as possible.

I mean if you're not timing your buffs with weaving, then you're doing it wrong.

Cap is 50% attack speed, with my 18% red weapon, 21% attack speed transformer and my 4% title I'm at 43%. With candy I'm at 46%, that's without 20% from flurry.  It's entirely possible to get close to cap without flurry.  By not using devotion or other buffs, you're killing your DPS lol.

And yes, weaving is still mandatory for sins in pve, and in pvp is still situational.

Edited by Hellish-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake-DN   

You want to know how myself and other lesser geared sins have always done more damage than those with gear in both PvP and PvE.

 

Weaving. 

 

Sad part is most people can't do it properly. There is a science behind the timing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ykcuL-DN   

How much you should weave entirely is based on your attackspeed / ping. Bottom line is you should weave enough to never run out of skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Additional comment regarding about weaving o_o

I guess that's why DW glad die out because they don't have devotion which I'm glad it happened but I also sad that spear glad also die out too :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×