Returning Player questions

Hi all, I been playing Aion on and off for a while. I noticed this time when I started back playing new characters get gold gear at level 10. Is this gear good enough to go to level 50 with? Is there anyway without starting over to get this gear on other sub-50 characters? I read that there is a new crafting system after 65. Are you required to get the other crafts to max level to use it? Is there a guide to this system or youtube video that explains it? Does it apply to all classes? I have always wanted to level the other classes that came after the initial launch of the game but from what I noticed they never went back to add magic leather or magic chain armor recipes into the game for lower level crafting. Does this same thing happen with ArchDeava crafting? Does having aether tapping or gathering help you when using the Arch Deava Crafting by having it leveled already? How much of a kinah drain is the new crafting?

7 minutes ago, OneHitterCritter-KR said:

1) I noticed this time when I started back playing new characters get gold gear at level 10. Is this gear good enough to go to level 50 with? Is there anyway without starting over to get this gear on other sub-50 characters?

2) I read that there is a new crafting system after 65. Are you required to get the other crafts to max level to use it? Is there a guide to this system or youtube video that explains it? Does it apply to all classes?

3) I have always wanted to level the other classes that came after the initial launch of the game but from what I noticed they never went back to add magic leather or magic chain armor recipes into the game for lower level crafting. Does this same thing happen with ArchDeava crafting?

4) Does having aether tapping or gathering help you when using the Arch Deava Crafting by having it leveled already?

5)How much of a kinah drain is the new crafting?

1) Pretty sure that Fledgling set will last you all the way until 55, until you will be able to get the Elite Fledgling mythic set, which will last you through part of your Archdaeva life. If you already completed the Ascension quest, you wont be able to obtain that set, as it is a reward from it.

2) No, Aetherforging is a lot more simple than old professions and is not related in any way. Only requirement is being an Archdaeva (level 66+). Its basically a combination of regular crafting and morphing. Most recipes are auto-learned, there are no failures, can be used anywhere (no crafting tables), greater outputs are the same, only real limitations are materials and skill point level.

You can access it from the Functions window, under the Gather/Craft tab. Levelling up can be quite expensive/long, bit a future update will nerf it.

3) No, not at all. Newer classes may jot have those versions of gear because it was irrelevant back when these classes were introduced. Now, EVERY SINGLE gear series they introduce also comes with a set dedicated to them. Aetherforging crafted gear is not amazing in terms of stats unless you go for the highest level versions, and those can be quite grindy to craft.

4) No, Aetherforging does not use any materials gathered from nodes. Aether and those fruits/leather/mest/ores are only used for the old professions.

5) Wouldnt call it a kinah sink. It is just rather expensive for rather good stuff. For instance, you can craft mounts and pets, which are nice, but expensive.

Tons of questions. Let me see..

There isn't a way to get that leveling set that you now get at level 10, BUT there are other free pieces that you get from questing that will tide you over until you get the next free set when you enter Enshar/Cygnea at level 60. I haven't tried to level in the level 10 gear up to level 50, but I am sure it is perfectly possible. Remember the Fast Track Server has no PvP and you can basically run solo until you are 65. 

The new crafting system is a huge kinah drain to level. It levels really really slowly, but has the potential to make some really nice things. You make consumables and weapons and armor and accessories and skins and pets and just about anything you can think of.

You can get accessories from the original adma/theo. (Unless that's changed. It's been awhile since I leveled a character without just afking Luna. lol) You can buy a decent PvP eternal set with bloodmarks at 65 and you can just buy the Divine Reian Fighter (66+) set from the broker from other players. Both of those can be used for PvE to get you started. You get a decent PvE set (though just one ring and one earring) when you complete your campaign quests in Archives (a very very pugable archdaeva instance).

But tbh, while leveling, that new set is good enough that you can have no accessories and be fine. You shouldn't worry about gear at all until you are 66+. Just use what you get for free.

Archived