Whose ideas are these stupid GP base quests?

Salle-DN

Sorry to say but I've never seen any more stupid set of quests.  I'm not gonna talk about the quest to turn an opposite faction base. 

You wait for red on the map forever. Then you still gotta wait for the stupid capt to spawn. then some sin of the opposite faction in hide one hit it and steals it. Or even worse, there's more than one grp of the same faction and some ppl w/ faster skills or higher dps will steal it from you regardless of whose grp was there first.  No manner is needed on Aion, obviously. Who cares about who was there first? Forget about that kind of decency.  You just go and steal what you need. 

Who came up with this stupid ideas that create animosity among the players even within the same faction? I know resetting GP isn't part of the original Aion on Korean servers.  These quests must have been created w/o much thoughts put into the plans.  

NC. Do you even know how long it takes for any base to turn balaur when both factions want to flip the freaking bases? Have you even considered how some players would feel after they wait for a balaur capt spawn for hours and some ppl come in as a full grp and steal that stupid mob? I'm telling you. It's almost a rage that some players  feel, ok? 

I have played aion since it was released, and there has been many changes that did not make sense. Yet, I never complained.  Even with the stupid GP reset and the bugs, I was being patient.  When you sent out the same rewards to everyone for the AP bug, I tried to understand.  

Why doesn't anyone in the team go do these stupid quests for several days on a regular toon(not a GM toon) and see how it feels? 

On a side note, do you know what these quests do to undergeared players? They can never get those base weekly quests done that would give them genesis crystals they need.  You know why?? A grp of opposite faction or two camp at those camps for a stupid capt spawn while these undergeared players go on their own just to do the little quests.  

How much further do you want to break the game? 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that they are supposed to be weekly. NC needs to fix it because it makes more sense to kill 10 elyos daily rather than fight both factions for one red base. It wasn't designed to be 6 bases per day. Although the gp reward makes more sense, the quest itself does not. 

3 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

The problem is that they are supposed to be weekly. NC needs to fix it because it makes more sense to kill 10 elyos daily rather than fight both factions for one red base. It wasn't designed to be 6 bases per day. Although the gp reward makes more sense, the quest itself does not. 

Killing 10 more asmo's means trading with bots i prefer this way atleast you have a chance to run in to the enemy faction now.

Agreed 

the 2 flip3 balaur camps and 3 elyos ones are marked weeklies yet are reseting daily, and the pvp one is marked daily but is a weekly.

these need to be fixed to what they are marked shouldn't be that hard to actually fix them.

agreed, is so stupid to put pvp quests on pve bases, sure it starts some pvp, but again, you have tons of ppl, fighting over 1 cap.. if you cant change the acquisition of gp, at least make the quest so you can do them in alliances or something...takes ALL DAY long, to get the 3 balur if you're lucky...i say put the gp back in the pvp instances, no one hardly runs ib now, and its a new instance!! just take the resets away, or limit them to a lesser number...ppl Q.Q regardless, i think it was dumb to take it away to begin with.. so ppl bought luna to reset, big deal, ppl do it all the time for pve..

So when they put their brilliant minds to those quests, I don’t know about KT but I don’t think anyone is happy on DN:

- the camps are usually blue, and good luck flipping them them green- so any new or undergeared Elyos have a hell of a time doing their ordinary quests, let alone the GP quests plus they get zeroed 

- asmos are fighting and swarming over camps to get their GP and aren’t happy because they fight between themselves 

If this was put to a weekly quest then it should give all these groups a chance to flip the camps. No need to change any other quest.

1 hour ago, Rapier-DN said:

So when they put their brilliant minds to those quests, I don’t know about KT but I don’t think anyone is happy on DN:

- the camps are usually blue, and good luck flipping them them green- so any new or undergeared [players] have a hell of a time doing their ordinary quests, let alone the GP quests plus they get zeroed 

You made two very important points here I completely agree with. It is obvious to most if not all players that these base quests are supposed to be weekly as it says in the game. 6 bases daily just creates daily chaos and rarely makes for good pvp. Now if bases were alliance rewarded, then you may see good pvp. Right now all I see is zerg vs a couple people and faction vs faction. It is not pvp. 

3 hours ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

Now if bases were alliance rewarded, then you may see good pvp. Right now all I see is zerg vs a couple people and faction vs faction. It is not pvp. 

What difference would alliance rewards make? If a couple people are being zerged by a group of 6, wont a couple people just be zerged by an alliance? As I assume those few people being zerged didn't form their own group of 6, otherwise it'd be a 6v6 which I don't think I would consider a zerg :P

IMO, a daily quest that gives 20 GP is too much, even more considering that the quest counts kills in pvp instances as much as in OW. 

Regardless, you guys are literally asking for less GP in OW. You don't need to actually do them all daily, and you still get more GP than if the quests were reversed.

0/10 would not ask NC to give us less open world GP, it will make whichever faction wins the first siege after reset have an even larger advantage with the ranks and make the other team take longer to catch up. As of today's update of the Abyss Ranks, DN-A have 2 Commanders and 22 Xforms. DN-E don't have a single xform of any kind. That's not an imbalance I would wish upon any faction of any server <-<

3 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

0/10 would not ask NC to give us less open world GP, it will make whichever faction wins the first siege after reset have an even larger advantage with the ranks and make the other team take longer to catch up. As of today's update of the Abyss Ranks, DN-A have 2 Commanders and 22 Xforms. DN-E don't have a single xform of any kind. That's not an imbalance I would wish upon any faction of any server <-<

Well, in part this happened because the GP was removed from the pvp instances. The elyos would have a lot xforms with them.

10 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Well, in part this happened because the GP was removed from the pvp instances. The elyos would have a lot xforms with them.

Yes . Because they would buy their ranks. No need for that. 

And  (speaking for DN) having asmo transforms for a  day, or even a few days or even a wee k is fine. A lot of them waste their transforms, and the longer they hold the fort, the better the buff for the Elyos, so the fort  will flip, and the Elyos get their own transforms (which most of them, in turn, will end up wasting). 

Either way regardless of who's enjoying this system and who isn't, it is obvious it wasn't intended to be this way. Also to the person saying 20gp quest a day is too much, if you add up all 6 base quests it's 30gp a day. From the majority of people I've talked to on my side, they don't enjoy it and it isn't some amazing pvp experience.

I (and others) suggest alliances because that would promote more large scale pvp which has proven to be a lot more successful in the past. Although we may never have shard wars again, they were amazingly fun. I even really enjoyed the pvp during the flower event fighting for the bottom artifact. One thing in the past that I believe promoted good pvp wars was the rank, officer, and general quests. 

The point is that there are better ways to go about this to make it a better pvp experience to make the gp more worthwhile. It is pretty dumb that you get 30gp a day for camping a pve mob as compared to fighting the enemy faction for that gp. That's just how I feel about it. People don't have to agree with me. 

Doing balaur camp quests on KT-Asmodian side is super hard due to the amount of elyos zerging even our side.

Solution:
1) Either remove those, or
2) Make them weekly instead of daily or
3) Make them alliance (better league) shared. The same faction shouldn't fight over these between themselves.

7 days x 30 GP per day = 210 GP and the additional 20 GP from the 10 elyos weekly is 230GP per week which could turn tables. But it is not implemented in a good way.

7 hours ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

Either way regardless of who's enjoying this system and who isn't, it is obvious it wasn't intended to be this way. Also to the person saying 20gp quest a day is too much, if you add up all 6 base quests it's 30gp a day. From the majority of people I've talked to on my side, they don't enjoy it and it isn't some amazing pvp experience.

I (and others) suggest alliances because that would promote more large scale pvp which has proven to be a lot more successful in the past. Although we may never have shard wars again, they were amazingly fun. I even really enjoyed the pvp during the flower event fighting for the bottom artifact. One thing in the past that I believe promoted good pvp wars was the rank, officer, and general quests. 

The point is that there are better ways to go about this to make it a better pvp experience to make the gp more worthwhile. It is pretty dumb that you get 30gp a day for camping a pve mob as compared to fighting the enemy faction for that gp. That's just how I feel about it. People don't have to agree with me. 

What is considered an amazing PvP experience currently? I know more players who enjoy getting an afk/alt filled PvP instances then they do getting actual PvP. Simply put so long as players need to progress PvP is the last thing they want.

In theory making it alliances would be the ideal solution. The practicality tho when you add human interaction it will become 12 players then 12 alts so they can get more stones from being a higher rank on their alts.

Who has the highest GP rankings right now on all servers/faction? Is it those who league up and push to take the fort for their faction or is it those who PvE mobs inside the fortress while others are trying to make a push to capture the fortress in the league? The camp system is no different except your having to make the open world look active daily instead of afking in town.

This all boils down to the fact that very few people actually want to play Aion most just want to progress their gear in-case good content comes back around.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Doing balaur camp quests on KT-Asmodian side is super hard due to the amount of elyos zerging even our side.

Solution:
1) Either remove those, or
2) Make them weekly instead of daily or
3) Make them alliance (better league) shared. The same faction shouldn't fight over these between themselves.

7 days x 30 GP per day = 210 GP and the additional 20 GP from the 10 elyos weekly is 230GP per week which could turn tables. But it is not implemented in a good way.

I don't see any reason to remove them. If you don't want to do them, then don't, but let the people who enjoy, do it.

If they are going to make them weekly, they should increase the ammount of GP they give.

19 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

I don't see any reason to remove them. If you don't want to do them, then don't, but let the people who enjoy, do it.

If they are going to make them weekly, they should increase the ammount of GP they give.

...yeah someone might also not se a reason to remove GP from luna resetting instances because many people "enjoyed" pay2rank system, but they removed it regardless.

I doubt anyone enjoys sitting in a camp with 50 more people, constantly hitting tab button and an instant skill hoping to get the kill on that camp.

And yes if they make them weekly with more GP that would be easier for everyone, in theory everyone will simply do them easily and it won't be a change to the GP outcome.

I agree with Ele on this one:

1 hour ago, Ele-DN said:

GP should be earned solely from sieges. 

8 minutes ago, Unskilled-KT said:

They should nerf GP gained from killing special mobs during siege. Its not worth to do the siege if you know how to PVE guards. 

This is another issue with the way it is implemented, it is not really pure pve because you have to go through a horde of enemies to kill the guards, it is pvpve.
But I agree, the siege should give more GP for pvp than killing guards, and maybe for dpsing the Deity which is what actually lands you the fortress.

Currently you can get more GP by attacking and losing Lakrum fortress, than having it and successfully defending it due to guards.

Archived