Whose ideas are these stupid GP base quests?

Salle-DN

5 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

*snip*

And in completion just to clear things up for the 1st person who replied to my post: I'm a She as in Female both in real life and in game, so the term "bro" doesn't apply. 

*snip*

You know. I always wonder why women feel the need to point out that they are a woman or to be insulted when someone calls them "bro" or "man". I see it all the time..

"Thanks, man."

"I'm a WOMAN!"

Like.. who cares? Someone was thanking you. They can't see you and even if they could, "bro" or "man" is just a term like "you". It's not an insult. It's almost like some women are looking for a reason to be upset. You know.. DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?! CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY THOUGHT I WAS A GUY?!!! It's words and pixels on a screen. They are genderless. 

I actually tend to cringe when someone knows straight off that I am a woman. It tends to mean that I have been acting irrational. lol

Back to the topic.. you don't need to be carried to get from 76 to 80. Luna daily will do it. If you still have a little bit of xp left to make, do the initial quests in Lakrum. Enemies don't tend to come that close to the base any more since the bots don't bot there any more. You can easily run from quest hob to quest hob or port there from the main town. And if that doesn't do it for you, Mirash is solo-able. And even if that does cut it, start working on the Pandora gear quests which are totally solo and seem to be right up your ally. 

You'll be fine, bro.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

I always wonder why women feel the need to point out that they are a woman or to be insulted when someone calls them "bro" or "man". I see it all the time..

"Thanks, man."

"I'm a WOMAN!"

Like.. who cares?

Lmao do you remember that girl, ThisIsHalloween, on IS-A like a year ago? She was always posting in lfg about how she's a girl and she plays MMOs (in response to Noto). Lol just made me think of her.

Just now, Vantheria-DN said:

Lmao do you remember that girl, ThisIsHalloween, on IS-A like a year ago? She was always posting in lfg about how she's a girl and she plays MMOs (in response to Noto). Lol just made me think of her.

Oh my! Yes. So many people took Noto's bait! I cringed every time.

I remember a woman in legion with me at some point who would -constantly- write in legion chat how they were a woman and that she -loves- cars and is a woman and plays games and is a woman. In my head I always hears her giggling afterward. "Teehee!" The best part is that right afterward they would ask to be carried in instances.

Our fav people! @Cheesecake-KT

2 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I remember a woman in legion with me at some point who would -constantly- write in legion chat how they were a woman and that she -loves- cars and is a woman and plays games and is a woman. In my head I always hears her giggling afterward. "Teehee!" The best part is that right afterward they would ask to be carried in instances.

And we can thank individuals like this (regardless of their actual gender) for why being a woman and playing a video game gets to be a topic of discussion, while being a guy and doing the same does not.

I personally look forward to when we can collectively get over that and maybe find something else to ironically chime on lfg about.

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I actually tend to cringe when someone knows straight off that I am a woman. It tends to mean that I have been acting irrational. lol

Yikes. ._.

Sometimes I regret letting people know I'm female (they either asked, they assumed 'cause name or they heard my voice in discord/stream) because holy crap are there creeps around.

19 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello,

just to give everyone an update on these 2 quests. We're going to be swapping the resets for the quests (request was sent to the developers to swap it, so we are waiting for them to implement it). So the PvP one will become daily and the Lakrum Base quest will become weekly. Thank you.

That is great news. More pvp and less waiting on camps just to get that 1 hit on the captain mob.

15 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Back to the topic.. you don't need to be carried to get from 76 to 80. Luna daily will do it. If you still have a little bit of xp left to make, do the initial quests in Lakrum. Enemies don't tend to come that close to the base any more since the bots don't bot there any more. You can easily run from quest hob to quest hob or port there from the main town. And if that doesn't do it for you, Mirash is solo-able. And even if that does cut it, start working on the Pandora gear quests which are totally solo and seem to be right up your ally. 

You'll be fine, bro.

Lol, "Bro," lol.

I usually don't complain about it. Sometimes tho I just get irked when everyone still assumes only guys play games.

Back to topic:

Yea, that's what I'm doing. Made lvl 79 last night and hopefully will crack 80 tonight once I'm thru reading these forums.

I too am working on the Pandora quests as well. It looks like pretty good gear tho I may have to stamp it with something I'll be comfortable wearing although some of what I've seen looks good (my other hobby besides gaming in RL. is Fashion, and it spills over to my characters no matter if it's STO, RO, SWTOR, here in Aion, or any game where I design and make my own characters). Stamping I don't mind tho as long as it's with a top that doesn't take my mane away (Asmo and proud here, lol). But yes, that's a good suggestion and there's also the solo instance there I can repeat daily for gear rewards as I am a prestige member.

Usually if ya don't venture past Mushroom habitat buildings ya won't get Zerged/Ganked often and the quests are easy peasy.

Update!:

Yay, made level 80 night before last on my new character (She's a Spiritmaster - wanted one that was Asmo) and last night she got her fast mount and new wing skins she needed (now, just gotta earn a few sets of wings with awesome stats and most important; Flight time on them to stamp them on, he, he.). In any case, This makes 7 characters for me on DN server now all at level 80.

I do have one Elyos Spiritmaster on KT that needs to max out (she's currently lvl 55), which makes 8 characters for me total. There are still a couple of classes I haven't played yet (despite my years playing) but I doubt I'll be making any new characters anytime soon or at least until they change the GP thing. Meantime I'll just work on Pandora and other things I can do solo and forget the GP and other things I can't do until I have some new friends to do them with.

I thank all of you for your suggestions.

This topic has taken a wide berth from Lakrum GP dailies to leveling issues, to sisters insulting sisters for being sisters (Female = irrational? Is it really female players irrationally raging over every little thing in Aion?), to lamenting bygone times. @Aieryn-DN We all miss the deleted lands and spaces (don't know how to call Abyss "air") that noone ever went to anyway, but it's pointless to cling on past. They are gone, giving way to future new lands, and it's time to embrace the here and now. You say you are an avid aerialist. You can still be. Farm/do quests near windstreams and geysers and hop in those when there's trouble - use them for tactical advantage. Gear up, run PF and look at your wings as you glide down to boss for months until you're sick to your stomack at the sight of those like the rest of us xD. Lakrum has quite the network of windstreams - hop in those and take a ride for fun hopping into another stream as you go. Sure, you don't get to flap wings, but you're soaring. Old Aion is gone, we miss it dearly, but you can still have a lot of fun (and frustration) if you open up to and adapt to changes. Come out of the shell, bro. :)

90oKGqh.jpg

On topic. Not sure if they should make camp quests weekly. Well, Cyan already said they will. Sure, it's much harder to do crystal quests on alts now, and FM runs suffer terribly (don't mind the pvp but i do mind the wait for cap to spawn just to be able to enter a quick FM run. There should be FM rifts in the world just like there are BOS and PF rifts). But these quests spark so much action all over the place, and that's great. Personally i don't have time for those quests, but i'm happy to see the overall buzzing.

12 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Update!:

Yay, made level 80 night before last on my new character (She's a Spiritmaster - wanted one that was Asmo) and last night she got her fast mount and new wing skins she needed (now, just gotta earn a few sets of wings with awesome stats and most important; Flight time on them to stamp them on, he, he.). In any case, This makes 7 characters for me on DN server now all at level 80.

I do have one Elyos Spiritmaster on KT that needs to max out (she's currently lvl 55), which makes 8 characters for me total. There are still a couple of classes I haven't played yet (despite my years playing) but I doubt I'll be making any new characters anytime soon or at least until they change the GP thing. Meantime I'll just work on Pandora and other things I can do solo and forget the GP and other things I can't do until I have some new friends to do them with.

I thank all of you for your suggestions.

Well I'm glad. Best of luck.

As for the changes that will come soon, the 10 player kill quest being a daily should make things a little better. At least we won't be KSing people in our own faction or camping the artifacts so hard. Killing 10 players can honestly be done at siege, so at least on siege days those running around trying to do it will be less. And I would think that mobs of the enemy players camping artifacts made things harder on the undergeared than mobs of players just out for 10 kills.

We shall see, I suppose.

On 29/5/2019 at 2:35 AM, Cyan said:

Hello,

just to give everyone an update on these 2 quests. We're going to be swapping the resets for the quests (request was sent to the developers to swap it, so we are waiting for them to implement it). So the PvP one will become daily and the Lakrum Base quest will become weekly. Thank you.

Do we have any estimation on this please?

And yes the pvp being daily is the right thing. Doing your urgent orders already makes you need 45 kills so along side doing the 10 elyos kills wouldn't be a problem.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:41 AM, Afterglow-KT said:

But these quests spark so much action all over the place, and that's great. Personally i don't have time for those quests, but i'm happy to see the overall buzzing.

There will still be a lot of action because we'll be having to kill 10 of the opposite faction every day for that GP quest instead.

6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

There will still be a lot of action because we'll be having to kill 10 of the opposite faction every day for that GP quest instead.

Those quests can be completed in the instance server, so I guess it will decrease the action, not increase.

44 minutes ago, SneakAttack-DN said:

@Aly-DN and the rest of you"would-be" gamer women?? pfft Girls don't play mmo's stop your jabbering. On another hand I was sure you identified as a male Aly lol whoops I should have let this topic drop but it was cute

I do. My real name is Steve and I am a long distance trucker. But don't tell anyone. It will be our secret. Okay?

4 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Because they're too busy in the kitchen, making me a sandwich.

No dam way would I be caught dead catering to a guy's every whim! Ergo - Make yer own dam sandwich!! Ha, ha, ha! Your not helpless and this girl is busy GAMING MMO'S!! lol. 

Take that; "Bro!"

P.S: Can't wait for the changes myself. It should make things easier. I may even start a new character if it works out who knows.

5 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

(since tone doesn't translate, just making sure it's clear Van is being funny not serious :P )

I know, hence my lol's and non serious tone, he, he. Still tho, you guys can make your own sandwiches, lol, he, he, he. You can even make me one. I prefer chicken or turkey breast please with sharp cheddar, lol

Archived