Is the Kaisinel/Marchutan’s Protection siege buff still needed?

KnightZM-KT

Kaisinel/Marchutan’s Protection siege buff  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is it still needed as a in game function?

• Yes
    • No

Anyone feel like the Siege buff still even needed anymore? in my opinion I feel like any strategy you could apply to siege only gets thrown out the door by people not listening and Siege buff being too overpower. I feel like its easier to win without the buff depending on the situation. or maybe Ncsoft could do a test to remove the buff completely for a month to see what happens.

24 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Try playing DN Elyos and you won't even need to ask that question.

You might have a point maybe question might depend on server. but it's so boring waiting for the buff to either go down or your faction the buff to win a fort or even stand a chance

4 minutes ago, KnightZM-KT said:

You might have a point maybe question might depend on server. but it's so boring waiting for the buff to either go down or your faction the buff to win a fort or even stand a chance

Elyos had the upper hand for how long in KT? Now you lost two sieges and suddently the buff is not needed anymore?

Also, Asmos had lvl 1 buff today. It gives almost no stats at all. Let's see on the next few sieges how it goes without the buff.

Just now, KonkersGG-EK said:

Elyos had the upper hand for how long in KT? Now you lost two sieges and suddently the buff is not needed anymore?

Also, Asmos had lvl 1 buff today. It gives almost no stats at all. Let's see on the next few sieges how it goes without the buff.

Im fine with the numbers being at odds but with the buff as well kinda meh. But even back when we had uppers it was always so boring with waiting for 1 side buff going down and waiting for the other side goes up. its like ok asmos buff lets just have everyone afk

That buff wont really matter if we had artifacts we could use during the sieges such like Hellfire, Sould Destruction and/or Mutation, with the correct use of those artifacts will not matter if the opposite faction have more players or buff, every siege could be fun trying to attack/defend the fort instead of just waiting for the buff to go up/down

53 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Try playing DN Elyos and you won't even need to ask that question.

That's not entirely truthful.  I was told last season by a person who could transform that we need to keep the buff because its not about numbers, just the Asmos where better than us.  If I am not wrong, the buff was to offset numbers, ie the EK situation where asmos outnumbered elyos 5:1 in the last 3-4 months of that server.

This while 70+% of transforms popped their transforms to fly inside the fort to farm gp while the others were beating their heads into the wall, literally.  So if the leadership (the ap transforms) are out for themselves, not the faction. 

Please to those that state we cant make them play the way we dont want to play, spare me.  Same thing could be said about gp in IB/ID.  I can't make all sieges, but can spare $50 a month to get resets, why you making me play a way I cant.  I need the enchantment stones, manastones and kinah from the rewards too.  All I am saying, is this gp season crap is just that C R A P for a game that supposedly promotes teamwork.

15 minutes ago, GitGud-DN said:

That's not entirely truthful.  I was told last season by a person who could transform that we need to keep the buff because its not about numbers, just the Asmos where better than us.  If I am not wrong, the buff was to offset numbers, ie the EK situation where asmos outnumbered elyos 5:1 in the last 3-4 months of that server.

This while 70+% of transforms popped their transforms to fly inside the fort to farm gp while the others were beating their heads into the wall, literally.  So if the leadership (the ap transforms) are out for themselves, not the faction. 

Please to those that state we cant make them play the way we dont want to play, spare me.  Same thing could be said about gp in IB/ID.  I can't make all sieges, but can spare $50 a month to get resets, why you making me play a way I cant.  I need the enchantment stones, manastones and kinah from the rewards too.  All I am saying, is this gp season crap is just that C R A P for a game that supposedly promotes teamwork.

yeah you can't really lead sieges when all xforms are popped at the start of siege for people to farm GP. this Current gp ranking reward system is stuck on all sides. they should of just did what I thought they were going to do where they only counted the gp in that season without the reset

29 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

That buff wont really matter if we had artifacts we could use during the sieges such like Hellfire, Sould Destruction and/or Mutation, with the correct use of those artifacts will not matter if the opposite faction have more players or buff, every siege could be fun trying to attack/defend the fort instead of just waiting for the buff to go up/down

This is absolutely true even for upper forts the artifacts even turn the tides when asmos had level 5 buff made it possible to still have a fun close siege without being beaten like a already dead dog lol

The buff is needed but I think they made it far too strong at lower levels.

This GP competition rewards has totally killed the spirit of sieges anyway.. Very few do alliances now just solo/duo  or small groups to maximize GP gain. As someone above stated players blow their xforms early to try and farm guards before they die to get the most amount of GP. NcSoft totally nyerked siege up now its just really lame to really care about it anymore in the way you used to participate. Maybe if ult stones weren't so damn hard to get  or the enchanting rate was better players wouldn't be as GP crazy or wouldn't queue arena of harmony until they get their alts for easy win and you don't have 130 players tied for 1st place.

I think it is necessary because the number difference in both servers was a real struggle. Remember on KT server before the buff was implemented on 6.2, Elyos had the siege for like 1~1,5 months or something and we had no chance.

We got some EK asmos now and we got a slightly better balance, today's siege we had a lvl 1 buff which gives what, 5~6k HP, so it is not that you lost due to the buff. If by any chance the sides become equal in numbers, then the buff won't matter that much because the fort should be going back and forth. Also attacking a fortress is more difficult because attackers have to kill the door, kill dux and all this while defenders are at them.

7 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I think it is necessary because the number difference in both servers was a real struggle. Remember on KT server before the buff was implemented on 6.2, Elyos had the siege for like 1~1,5 months or something and we had no chance.

We got some EK asmos now and we got a slightly better balance, today's siege we had a lvl 1 buff which gives what, 5~6k HP, so it is not that you lost due to the buff. If by any chance the sides become equal in numbers, then the buff won't matter that much because the fort should be going back and forth. Also attacking a fortress is more difficult because attackers have to kill the door, kill dux and all this while defenders are at them.

Buff was already there from the start of 6.0 just readjusted at some point if I recall and since both sides are pretty much equal now, do you think siege would be alot more fun with just completely removing it?

9 hours ago, Euphoria-DN said:

The buff is needed but I think they made it far too strong at lower levels.

This GP competition rewards has totally killed the spirit of sieges anyway.. Very few do alliances now just solo/duo  or small groups to maximize GP gain. As someone above stated players blow their xforms early to try and farm guards before they die to get the most amount of GP. NcSoft totally nyerked siege up now its just really lame to really care about it anymore in the way you used to participate. Maybe if ult stones weren't so damn hard to get  or the enchanting rate was better players wouldn't be as GP crazy or wouldn't queue arena of harmony until they get their alts for easy win and you don't have 130 players tied for 1st place.

yeah pretty much a big joke now lol, Does anyone know if korea has this system? or is it only other regions that have it like this because I see on korea ranking ladder people have way more gp than someone would in a season

On 26/5/2019 at 4:31 PM, KnightZM-KT said:

Buff was already there from the start of 6.0 just readjusted at some point if I recall and since both sides are pretty much equal now, do you think siege would be alot more fun with just completely removing it?

It was bugged, and it didn't apply for the first 1,5 months or something.

On 26/5/2019 at 3:34 AM, KnightZM-KT said:

Anyone feel like the Siege buff still even needed anymore? in my opinion I feel like any strategy you could apply to siege only gets thrown out the door by people not listening and Siege buff being too overpower. I feel like its easier to win without the buff depending on the situation. or maybe Ncsoft could do a test to remove the buff completely for a month to see what happens.

In the last siege we had no buff, and Asmodians were inside your base near fort, are you sure you want the buff removed? If yes prepare to never see a fortress again because you are no longer 3:1 to us and we have close to equal numbers if still not less than you.

13 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

In the last siege we had no buff, and Asmodians were inside your base near fort, are you sure you want the buff removed? If yes prepare to never see a fortress again because you are no longer 3:1 to us and we have close to equal numbers if still not less than you.

Really??? 300 nasty elyos vs 100 poor asmodians??? if thats the case then i say last siege you were 1000 asmodias with lvl 1 buff (which you had) vs only 100 elyos

No, he said 3 to 1, this means for every asmo doing siege, we were 3 elyos, if they were 10, we were 30, etc.. etc..

We never had that big difference in ration (before servers consolidation), not even 2 to 1 but if some Asmodians went afk as soon as they had enough contribution for GP it wasnt Elyos fault, and same goes the other way arround if Asmodians are defending, is not their fault if Elyos goes afk as happened last siege.

Reread it again, lol.

He was saying that, hey, we (Asmodians) didn't have the buff and were inside your base. Are you sure you don't want the buff system anymore? Because the Elyos no longer have the huge (exaggerated as 3:1) numbers advantage that we Elyos used to have, and, since we no longer have those numbers that we Elyos curbstomped the Asmodians with for the first several weeks of 6.2, we Elyos probably don't want to lose the buff system because the Asmodians are now strong enough to fight back and possibly even dominate us flakeyass Elyos.

I know what he said, but if you read it again :P he said we (Elyos) are not longer 3:1 and that for me, means that previously we were, but not anymore.

Anyway that right now doesnt matter anymore, because the way both factions in katalam are doing siege and using the xforms at the beginning, nobody will win the fort unless they have a very high lvl buff, no matter the numbers each faction has.

9 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

It's an exaggeration, lol. xD (tbqh, we might have been 2:1 or 1.75:1 at one point during this madness xD)

And, yeah, fort sieges are pretty potato now. NCsoft didn't think this through...again.

They did think through, but they weren't thinking of us, that's all.

Anyway, I don't get how you guys get the energy to argue about every little detail.

32 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

what argument?? it was just a friendly discussion (and i mean it) of something i said and super cheese came to the rescue because Arhangelos is sleeping

Super-Cheese.jpg

:P

omg, that's freaking awesome. Where'd you find it??? I love it. Saving it! xD That's even better than NCHero(tm).

Arhangelos and I never agree on anything, lol, but I can see his point this time. :P But, yeah, was meant as a friendly discussion. Didn't mean for it to come across as meaniefacecake or anything!

Archived