Weekly Server Maintenance - May 29, 2019

Cyan

12 minutes ago, Juju-EK said:

Not sure why you keep posting that because the rewards are still terrible. Are you actually that anxious to buy 3 ingots a day for 500 days in a row?

If you look closely you'll see that the first five items are for a limited time only- they were meant to be implemented after the full GP reset when everyone was compensated with gold ingots. The image is still getting reposted because NA is the only region to not get an updated GST with goodies to use our GP ingots on. (This is why there's more emotes on the broker these days btw- nothing worth buying with our gold bars and it seems increasingly unlikely NA will add anything. So, emotion box it is. Go go Shugo Rangers~)

46 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

No one would do that lol. Those rewards would be for people who were high ranking and, due to the reset, now have hundreds or even thousands of gold ingots.

Ah, this makes more sense

Although, the rewards are still overpriced and/or garbage. The people with the ability to buy these rewards most likely don't need them, so it still doesn't make sense to post in every thread. On the list of things that need fixed or changed, this is very, very low.

10 minutes ago, Juju-EK said:

Ah, this makes more sense

Although, the rewards are still overpriced and/or garbage. The people with the ability to buy these rewards most likely don't need them, so it still doesn't make sense to post in every thread. On the list of things that need fixed or changed, this is very, very low.

And there you would be wrong. Look at the comment by @Haniya-DN above yours. The first five items were meant to be compensation for anyone who had their GP taken from them in the GP reset. Every single other region.. EVERY SINGLE ONE.. got those changes to their Gold Sands Shop in coordination with the GP reset to soothe the sting of having something you earned taken from you. The more time that goes by, the worst it feels for the players that have been loyal (and thus had so much GP before the reset) to Aion. The changes to the shop should have (and still should be) TOP priority. Since the staff seems to forget very easily that Aion exists, we need to keep reminding them that they screwed us and keep screwing us as compared to other regions.

It's true. As time goes by, those rewards look not as exciting as they would have been had the staff handled the reset properly, but they are certainly better than buying the stupid emotion box and selling it to nubs from EK.

Simply declaring someone wrong doesn't make them so, no matter how snarky you are about it.

You should be fully aware that NA doesn't get every update or change as the other zones, so you have no standing there.

The GP system was a failed transformation of the AP system, both of which have been sad excuses for rankings. Considering most players were barred from competing after a certain point (would love to see you try to outrank the people with 1m GP) and the fact that most people with exorbitant GP obtained it by buying reset scrolls or trading AP for GP in previous patches, the word earn doesn't exactly fit. Take that PVE entitlement elsewhere.

Finally, are you actually arguing that access to a few one-off items (for some people) are more important than having a functioning trading system, broker, forums, enchanting system, etc? Of course, none of it will be fixed or implemented, but a small update to an in-game store that only gives content to a few people isn't "TOP priority."

16 minutes ago, Juju-EK said:

Simply declaring someone wrong doesn't make them so, no matter how snarky you are about it.

You should be fully aware that NA doesn't get every update or change as the other zones, so you have no standing there.

The GP system was a failed transformation of the AP system, both of which have been sad excuses for rankings. Considering most players were barred from competing after a certain point (would love to see you try to outrank the people with 1m GP) and the fact that most people with exorbitant GP obtained it by buying reset scrolls or trading AP for GP in previous patches, the word earn doesn't exactly fit. Take that PVE entitlement elsewhere.

Finally, are you actually arguing that access to a few one-off items (for some people) are more important than having a functioning trading system, broker, forums, enchanting system, etc? Of course, none of it will be fixed or implemented, but a small update to an in-game store that only gives content to a few people isn't "TOP priority."

Let's see.

Should I be fully aware? And no standing? That's super interesting. Even more super interesting would be reading the forums. Does Cyan have enough standing for you?

Your assumptions about how everyone got their GP is again super interesting. I made rank back during the AP days by doing what I like.. PvPing and sieging. I made rank with GP doing the same thing. I ran some EB. I even reset which, since I am a group maker, people were pretty happy about! I am sure that I did a few turn ins for AP to GP, too. The thing you are not keeping in mind is that having done all of that shows how long and how much I've played this game. Shouldn't loyalty be rewarded? The irony of your statements are not lost on me either, considering you are from EK and "earned" 250 gold ingots for having a pulse. I think your "EK entitlement" beats my measly "PvE entitlement". Don't you think?

Sure. "Some people" will be rewarded with those temp changes to the Gold Sands Shop. "Some" meaning the top 100+ from both servers. Our population isn't exactly that large that 200+ players is nothing. It's a good majority. Those "some" being players who have been loyal to the game and in some cases, as you pointed out, spent money. (Gasp! Why should the game rewarded players that spent money and paid their salaries?!) And those "some" would even include all of EK who "earned" their gold ingots.

And let's take a peek at what you think is important, shall we? A functioning trading system? Pardon me? It does function. It functions exactly the way the devs want it to. What's wrong with the broker? The fees? We have complained about that and Cyan told us that there was no changes in the works. What's wrong with the forums? These -are- the new forums! lol. Enchanting? You do know we got the 6.5 enchanting rates early, right? We have what we are going to have until 7.0. 

As has been pointed out many times with people actually posting the Gold Sands Shop changes that every other region got, all Gideon needs to do is copy and paste. Not exactly an all day or even all week effort. We just need to keep reminding him.. just like we did with the eye bug, which also only effected "some" players.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

Every single other region.. EVERY SINGLE ONE.. got those changes to their Gold Sands Shop...

Where do you see that regions, other than EU, got these changes? I keep seeing you say this but, I haven't seen anything like this in Korea or Russia. Mind pointing me to where you saw this.

53 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Let's see.

Should I be fully aware? And no standing? That's super interesting. Even more super interesting would be reading the forums. Does Cyan have enough standing for you?

Your assumptions about how everyone got their GP is again super interesting. I made rank back during the AP days by doing what I like.. PvPing and sieging. I made rank with GP doing the same thing. I ran some EB. I even reset which, since I am a group maker, people were pretty happy about! I am sure that I did a few turn ins for AP to GP, too. The thing you are not keeping in mind is that having done all of that shows how long and how much I've played this game. Shouldn't loyalty be rewarded? The irony of your statements are not lost on me either, considering you are from EK and "earned" 250 gold ingots for having a pulse. I think your "EK entitlement" beats my measly "PvE entitlement". Don't you think?

Sure. "Some people" will be rewarded with those temp changes to the Gold Sands Shop. "Some" meaning the top 100+ from both servers. Our population isn't exactly that large that 200+ players is nothing. It's a good majority. Those "some" being players who have been loyal to the game and in some cases, as you pointed out, spent money. (Gasp! Why should the game rewarded players that spent money and paid their salaries?!) And those "some" would even include all of EK who "earned" their gold ingots.

And let's take a peek at what you think is important, shall we? A functioning trading system? Pardon me? It does function. It functions exactly the way the devs want it to. What's wrong with the broker? The fees? We have complained about that and Cyan told us that there was no changes in the works. What's wrong with the forums? These -are- the new forums! lol. Enchanting? You do know we got the 6.5 enchanting rates early, right? We have what we are going to have until 7.0. 

As has been pointed out many times with people actually posting the Gold Sands Shop changes that every other region got, all Gideon needs to do is copy and paste. Not exactly an all day or even all week effort. We just need to keep reminding him.. just like we did with the eye bug, which also only effected "some" players.

You went from "these zones have the update, we should get it too" to "Cyan says we are getting the update, don't you believe him?" I won't even bother arguing this point as it utilizes a straw man fallacy for a cheap "got 'em!" rather than an intelligent discussion.

My "assumptions" are not assumptions. I played long before GP even existed and watched as the top ranks were obtained by paying money and trading AP when GP was introduced. As I said, this is how most players did it. Not sure why you needed several sentences more about yourself when you're an obvious exception (that's not true, I know exactly why...lol).

The true irony is the fact that you call out EK just because my name lists it. If I'm "EK entitled" just because I've been on Ereshkigal, I might as well be Marchutan-Entitled, Israphel-Entitled, Kahrun-Entitled, Siel-Entitled, and Katalam-Entitled. At the end of the day, I'd still be less entitled than the person claiming they deserve compensation because it was "earned."

The main point of listing other problems was the fact that there are other, more-important problems. For the sake of time and space I didn't make an exhaustive list with extensive reasoning for each change. I'm certain you knew what I meant by "functioning trade system," but you have to aim for the cheap "gotcha!" as usual.

I agree with you that loyalty should be rewarded, but rewarding the selective few who purchased their means or were able to compete far earlier than others is no way to do it.

Sigh. Yet another person who "knows" me and is just posting under a name I wouldn't recognize. And you accuse -me- of posting "gotchas". If you actually knew me and played with me, you would know that making rank has always been an consequence of playing and never the goal for me. I listed facts about myself as an example because your generalization about the top ranks is just false. Yeah. There are people that EB-onlined for their rank. But that's hardly everyone. And even those that did, earned that GP by running the instance and paying for scrolls. It may not be the way you would have wanted them to earn it, but they were playing the game as it was at the time and shouldn't be punished for that. As for the AP to GP, they did have to earn the AP and the kinah to make the switch.

The fact is that the changes to the shop are going to benefit a lot of people.. including the EK people who were given 250 ingots. The only people who will have no benefit are the new players who did not roll on EK and have very few ingots.

If you read the thread I linked with Cyan's quote, you will see that that was where people started posting the shop changes from the other regions. These two things are linked. The other regions got these changes -and- Cyan posted that we would too and should post suggestions. Every week since then players have posted asking about this issue.. just like they posted asking about the eye bug. We did eventually get the eye bug fixed, which also didn't effect everyone. If we continue to post about the shop changes, hopefully we will get that, too.

About trading, I imagine you think we should be able to trade between players or at the very least between the characters on an account. The current state of trading is what I believe Korea has right now as of 7.x. Cyan told us that they did ask Korea to allow trading within an account for us and was told that for "various reasons" (and no.. we don't know what those reasons are) many items cannot be changed to allow the trading we want. What more are you looking for?

8 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Sigh. Yet another person who "knows" me and is just posting under a name I wouldn't recognize. And you accuse -me- of posting "gotchas". If you actually knew me and played with me, you would know that making rank has always been an consequence of playing and never the goal for me. I listed facts about myself as an example because your generalization about the top ranks is just false. Yeah. There are people that EB-onlined for their rank. But that's hardly everyone. And even those that did, earned that GP by running the instance and paying for scrolls. It may not be the way you would have wanted them to earn it, but they were playing the game as it was at the time and shouldn't be punished for that. As for the AP to GP, they did have to earn the AP and the kinah to make the switch.

The fact is that the changes to the shop are going to benefit a lot of people.. including the EK people who were given 250 ingots. The only people who will have no benefit are the new players who did not roll on EK and have very few ingots.

If you read the thread I linked with Cyan's quote, you will see that that was where people started posting the shop changes from the other regions. These two things are linked. The other regions got these changes -and- Cyan posted that we would too and should post suggestions. Every week since then players have posted asking about this issue.. just like they posted asking about the eye bug. We did eventually get the eye bug fixed, which also didn't effect everyone. If we continue to post about the shop changes, hopefully we will get that, too.

About trading, I imagine you think we should be able to trade between players or at the very least between the characters on an account. The current state of trading is what I believe Korea has right now as of 7.x. Cyan told us that they did ask Korea to allow trading within an account for us and was told that for "various reasons" (and no.. we don't know what those reasons are) many items cannot be changed to allow the trading we want. What more are you looking for?

A joke on the side is not the same thing as misrepresenting the facets of a discussion in order to win. You proved that joke correct with the "another person who 'knows' me" delusion. Do you honestly think I posted on the character I actively play because of you? 

I figured you were entitled but to be on that level is hilariously embarrassing and warrants the close of this back and forth.

17 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Let's see.

hahaha this guy is delusional and knows nothing of the EK server......almost all of the EK server are day 1 players.....thats why they THINK they are entitled......hmmmmm how many will reside on my capitol THINK??????........anyway...........everyone on our EK server has been there far before the ingots or the traders system ever even existed!!!!.........i cant believe this person is complaining about an option to buy needed shit like stigma enchant stones on a regular basis THAT YOU LITERALLY COULDNT EVEN DO BEFORE THIS PATCH!!!!!!........what a noob.......sometimes i think i get in here just to see how ridiculous this shit is.....anyway.....on a note THAT ACTUALLY nyerkING MATTERS....theres a post earlier with a picture of EU's sand traders items......it consists of red pve and pvp stones........i think that the sand traders does need a rework....i think all the pve stones should be there and the pvp stones.....i think stigma bundles and stigma enchant stones should be there and i think we should be able to get legendary and ultimate transformation contracts as well.....what i saw on EU would definitely make a huge difference in our servers..........ALSO JUST TO GET MY POINT ACROSS IF YOU DONT FIGHT ON EK DONT SAY SHIT ABOUT EK STICK TO COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR OWN SERVER REAL SHIT!!!! 

2 hours ago, Arkaida-KT said:

hahaha this guy is delusional .....i think that the sand traders does need a rework....i think all the pve stones should be there and the pvp stones.....i think stigma bundles and stigma enchant stones should be there and i think we should be able to get legendary and ultimate transformation contracts as well.....what i saw on EU would definitely make a huge difference in our servers....

What in the actual fvck are you talking about. Aly has literally said MANY, MANY TIMES that she wants the EU Gold Sand Traders. In other words, you're agreeing with her. While also insulting her for having the same opinion as you.

2 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

What in the actual fvck are you talking about. Aly has literally said MANY, MANY TIMES that she wants the EU Gold Sand Traders. In other words, you're agreeing with her. While also insulting her for having the same opinion as you.

That's what happen when people only read halfway through.

On 31/5/2019 at 6:46 AM, Arkaida-KT said:

hahaha this guy is delusional and knows nothing of the EK server......almost all of the EK server are day 1 players.....thats why they THINK they are entitled......hmmmmm how many will reside on my capitol THINK??????........anyway...........everyone on our EK server has been there far before the ingots or the traders system ever even existed!!!!.........i cant believe this person is complaining about an option to buy needed shit like stigma enchant stones on a regular basis THAT YOU LITERALLY COULDNT EVEN DO BEFORE THIS PATCH!!!!!!........what a noob.......sometimes i think i get in here just to see how ridiculous this shit is.....anyway.....on a note THAT ACTUALLY nyerkING MATTERS....theres a post earlier with a picture of EU's sand traders items......it consists of red pve and pvp stones........i think that the sand traders does need a rework....i think all the pve stones should be there and the pvp stones.....i think stigma bundles and stigma enchant stones should be there and i think we should be able to get legendary and ultimate transformation contracts as well.....what i saw on EU would definitely make a huge difference in our servers..........ALSO JUST TO GET MY POINT ACROSS IF YOU DONT FIGHT ON EK DONT SAY SHIT ABOUT EK STICK TO COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR OWN SERVER REAL SHIT!!!! 

shugodislike.gif

shugo dislike

Not a single new skin in June, nice nice.

For a whole 2 weeks' time, you put pirate weapons that we used to have permanently in the BCM for years until 6.2, very nice.

No motions either.

Oh and;

Kn9kxhI.png

"Available May 1." Are you even trying ? People are willing to throw money at y'all for skins but you never do a single thing right.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived