Forums

Skins are "End Game Items"

I had to google "reverse cowgirl", a sex position slang is derogative naming? REALLY?

what if someone calls his char Missionary... do they get the real term or impyl he did it fo the sex position? I have an alt named AdolfHilter.. I typed it to see if anyone had it and it was free :D

Just checking a name and finding it available doesn't mean that you can actually use the name. It probably means that someone (or several someones!) used it and had it taken from them. Usually Support staff won't do any of that on their own. They don't troll the game looking for naughty names. Another player has to turn you in. Though this case does seem to be the exception that proves the rule.

I have often wondered at the mentality of players that chose these off-color names. I remember one from launch. Their name was "Pooptrumpet". You know that part in the old lore where you walk out in the dream-world-thing and all the daevas cry out, "<insertname> has arrived! We're saved!" Or words to that effect. It still cracks me up thinking of dear ol' Pooptrumpet be hailed a hero.

To the topic at hand:

• Skins aren't end-game and that's just plain stupid.
  • Doing any kind of chargeback will result in the immediate ban of your account with no way back from that.
  • Don't be like Pooptrumpet.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I had to google "reverse cowgirl", a sex position slang is derogative naming? REALLY?

what if someone calls his char Missionary... do they get the real term or impyl he did it fo the sex position?

While missionary can have multiple meanings i don't think there is any other iterpretation for reverse cowgirl lmao

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

• Don't be like Pooptrumpet.

I remember a guy in a Gameforge game before they placed their nicknames policy called FlyingD*ck... and man he was damn good lol from the top warriors at that time xD

Long time ago before Aion. I played Runes of magic for awhile. A German game. Adolf Hitler was not allowed couldn't even type it in chat, was an auto block.  Was some others also like Himmler. Back in the day have seen GM's get online and change a players supposed bad word name to something like "Fluffyrainbow", was fun watching them rage in lfg.

Naughty-word-named characters in Aion are changed to "Generic<insertclass><insertletter>". My legionmates and I in 1.5 made characters in the other race on a different server just to see "how the other half lives". We called our legion "A Generic Legion" and named all our characters "Genericrangera" and "Genericclericg". Only the class didn't match their real class. So "Genericgladiatorb" was a ranger. And "Genericsorcq" was an assassin. Was too funny to have people whisper us and ask what our names used to be before they were changed.. never actually looking at our classes.

Thus ends story time. lol

1 hour ago, Bjorn-DN said:

If you guys are surprised with his nickname, should start to translate most of the BR names in Aion.

Someone would have to turn them in and translate for Support. 

Support isn't running around the game looking for "naughty" names. If your name gets changed, it's because another player saw your name and was offended. Obviously if someone doesn't understand your naughty name, they can't/won't turn you in.

My experiences with support have been good.... up until 6.2.. When the night before 6.2 patch I had various items on the broker to sell. I was going to take them off but decided to leave them on because what could go wrong. 6.2 patch hits and every one of my items somehow disappeared. I contacted support and told them and in a span of 6 days I spoke to 6 different representatives. The first 2 couldn't find my items and kept replying the same things. The 3rd or 4th found my items and told me I made I 1.8 bil. I told them that's great and all but where is the kinah then. After losing count of how many messages I sent, their response from a higher up was "Sorry about your items and kinah but we can only assume that how 6.2 was set up, the kinah you had was what was intended", leaving me severely annoyed because those items were from farming "The End of The World Event" on 11 toons. The other problem I had was during a dredge run. A prowler mob hit my cleric at mid and knocked me below the map. I sent screenshots and told them what bosses we got. They verified everything but instead of giving me the bundles, someone deiced to give me an entry count after the last dredge window was open. So in other words I couldn't use it before reset. >:(

4 hours ago, Briearios-DN said:

My experiences with support have been good.... up until 6.2.. When the night before 6.2 patch I had various items on the broker to sell. I was going to take them off but decided to leave them on because what could go wrong. 6.2 patch hits and every one of my items somehow disappeared. I contacted support and told them and in a span of 6 days I spoke to 6 different representatives. The first 2 couldn't find my items and kept replying the same things. The 3rd or 4th found my items and told me I made I 1.8 bil. I told them that's great and all but where is the kinah then. After losing count of how many messages I sent, their response from a higher up was "Sorry about your items and kinah but we can only assume that how 6.2 was set up, the kinah you had was what was intended", leaving me severely annoyed because those items were from farming "The End of The World Event" on 11 toons. The other problem I had was during a dredge run. A prowler mob hit my cleric at mid and knocked me below the map. I sent screenshots and told them what bosses we got. They verified everything but instead of giving me the bundles, someone deiced to give me an entry count after the last dredge window was open. So in other words I couldn't use it before reset. >:(

I've had that happen to a friend a couple times; you just have to clarify that the dredge window has closed by the time they added the extra entry, and they'll give you rerun scrolls instead. ^_^

Archived