2s1638B2-DN

Returning Player

Hello, I have decided to come back to the game after a very long break. (Last time I played 50 was cap level and there was no Balaurea or Gunslinger or pets...so that should give you an idea how far behind I am..)
I know I have A LOT to catch up on and have been doing a lot of reading trying to understand what all has changed. I always fell in and out of the game because of the fact it was so grindy and a lot of my friends never got into it because of that. So now, to try and prevent that, I am wondering if there is any newb friendly Legion out there willing to adopt an Asmo Sorc like me? I can already see that the game has been essentially cut in half with a lot of my favorite zones no longer accessible, and leveling is fliping CAKE walk (already 80 in two days of being back for 37...)
Would just really appreciate the help and the company. IGN is Sinue.

Thanks you.

Looks like you're Asmo Danaria? If so, you might check with Musicians for Hire. Many legions will only accept semi-geared people, but MFH will take mostly anyone, and they will help you with things. There are a couple of as.sholes in that legion now, but many very good people still. The BG, Zhyrna, is very helpful to new players.

Okay, thank you! It would be nice to have people to play with. These past few days have been super rough alone, and it seems like Lakram isn't very friendly to lower geared/returning players at all. Will keep trucking though! I really want to enjoy the beauty of this game again, but my sanity can only handle so much, hehe.

Stay away!! This current version and as AION has been for couple of versions will gonna destroy your great memories of AION. This AION is nothing but a PvP costume party on one map in where you can level up from 0 to max in about a few hours. It has become a massive money leeching game before AION completely becomes destroyed.

Actually this AION version could be just 200 MB or even less in size. All (great) content got removed.

The best versions of AION still are 2.7 and 4.6/4.7 and I am still waiting until an AION Hardcore Classic Server gets opened with deep gathering and crafting etc.

Edited by NetRunner-DN

On 14/6/2019 at 2:25 AM, NetRunner-DN said:

Stay away!! This current version and as AION has been for couple of versions will gonna destroy your great memories of AION. This AION is nothing but a PvP costume party on one map in where you can level up from 0 to max in about a few hours. It has become a massive money leeching game before AION completely becomes destroyed.

Actually this AION version could be just 200 MB or even less in size. All (great) content got removed.

The best versions of AION still are 2.7 and 4.6/4.7 and I am still waiting until an AION Hardcore Classic Server gets opened with deep gathering and crafting etc.

Is it that bad? I would love to come back but reading this really discourage me D: 

Aly-DN   

Aion is what you bring to it.

Leveling is much easier and everything you need to level is given to you in quests, so you don't need to spend kinah as you level. Leveling is also very quick. It blows that both the Elyos and the Asmo storylines are identical now. In streamlining leveling, yes.. areas were removed. As sad as it is for nostalgia, it needed to happen.

Solo players say they find it easier to be solo with recent patches. I have never played solo, so I can't confirm that. Having a group or friends or a good legion is still as important as it always was.

Since the population has boiled down to a much much smaller number than it was back when the level cap was 50, you are going to also find and be less able to ignore the egotistical idiots who would rather take from you then help you. There are still a small number of friendly players out there, but often times those people will keep more to themselves to avoid the nastiness or because helping people who then go to one of those "elite" legions and then looking down their noses at them gets really old really fast.

The game isn't going to be as you remember it. I wouldn't attempt to restart your old characters. Everything they are wearing is useless. Everything. It would be better to start a new character and relearn the game.

The game is free. So you lose nothing for trying it other than your time.. and right now most of us have a lot of that.

Good luck.

I love how you put this into words. That's why I quit helping as much. People join. I waste couple days helping and teaching them. Week goes by and they leave to a different legion without saying anything. I have started my solo legion few days ago and it's much more peaceful and fun now. 

10 hours ago, 2s136224-DN said:

I love how you put this into words. That's why I quit helping as much. People join. I waste couple days helping and teaching them. Week goes by and they leave to a different legion without saying anything. I have started my solo legion few days ago and it's much more peaceful and fun now. 

The legion drama never changed tho, I was a soloer since day 1 when I started playing Aion and I made the mistake to be in a legion in 5.x patch and really fast I found out the bad way that some people are favored over others (some times people from different legions were favored over people form the same legion), I found myself having only obligations towards people who needed help and I was never offered help (not that I needed that much but you get the point).

The latest patch are the friendliest when it comes to lone wolves like me.

There is no legion exclusive content other than owning an altar, previously legions who owned a fortress got exclusive content and instances.
There is not instance so hard to do that you need a dream-team static group like TEB (The Eternal Bastion) where only a handful of people were "allowed" to participate inside the legion.
There is no need to do something super hard to get the end game pvp gear like when we had the medals to get our gear, even better in 7.3 that we have you can share spirit fragments and etiums in the chars in the same account, AP is plentiful in HM solo mid path and your only concern will be the enchants., but you can even get the bloodmark gear and be happy with it.

Do not give up on finding friends in game though, I have more friends when I do not belong to a legion, because legion wars do not apply to me. I am not even trying to be social yet if I want to do any pve instance I can easily find at least 5~6 groups of people willing to run with me.

Aly-DN   
20 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The legion drama never changed tho, I was a soloer since day 1 when I started playing Aion and I made the mistake to be in a legion in 5.x patch and really fast I found out the bad way that some people are favored over others (some times people from different legions were favored over people form the same legion), I found myself having only obligations towards people who needed help and I was never offered help (not that I needed that much but you get the point).

*snip*

I wouldn't say that. I have never been a solo player on my main character. I started playing in '09. Then (and for years after), I found people to be -very- loyal to their legions. I found more people who stayed in the same legion for years upon years, than players who legion hopped. As someone who ran a legion for many of those years, legion leaders would actually talk to one another before accepting those legion hoppers. "Hey. You had a xXxSixtyAteProGoGoGoxXx in your legion? What can you tell me about them?" Players could actually be black listed. If you were a user, a hacker or a hot-head, you found yourself unable to join any reputable legion. That doesn't happen as much any more. And most of those "family" legions that were always so loyal have gone down the toilet. Either infighting blew them up, leadership changed and/or the leaders themselves became selfish gits. There are a few left. Wonderful legions full of really great people. 

This last big patch is what really blew things up, imo. The advent of the "super legions" killed off many of those family legions. And even when the leaders of those family legions left the super legions to return to their own legion, the other players rarely returned to them.

People get tired. Running a legion and/or playing a game where you spend time teaching and helping is draining. There are few rewards and many more drawbacks.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I wouldn't say that. I have never been a solo player on my main character. I started playing in '09. Then (and for years after), I found people to be -very- loyal to their legions. I found more people who stayed in the same legion for years upon years, than players who legion hopped. As someone who ran a legion for many of those years, legion leaders would actually talk to one another before accepting those legion hoppers. "Hey. You had a xXxSixtyAteProGoGoGoxXx in your legion? What can you tell me about them?" Players could actually be black listed. If you were a user, a hacker or a hot-head, you found yourself unable to join any reputable legion. That doesn't happen as much any more. And most of those "family" legions that were always so loyal have gone down the toilet. Either infighting blew them up, leadership changed and/or the leaders themselves became selfish gits. There are a few left. Wonderful legions full of really great people. 

This last big patch is what really blew things up, imo. The advent of the "super legions" killed off many of those family legions. And even when the leaders of those family legions left the super legions to return to their own legion, the other players rarely returned to them.

People get tired. Running a legion and/or playing a game where you spend time teaching and helping is draining. There are few rewards and many more drawbacks.

Yes there was a sense of family in that legion that I was which was also in most legions in the older times (I was only in one single real legion since I started playing Aion in like 2010 until now and it lasted like 5~6 months), but as I said many people were being a little bit more "family" between themselves than with other member which is slightly reasonable, but even after those 6 months I was in I never saw a single change although I was far more helpful to everyone than those chosen golden-status people that even if they quit for 3 months, they would return and somehow they would get their crown returned to them all the way up to the ladder of being chosen again over other people who never stopped playing and never stopped helping.

I am also referring to times where the game was so much harder to play solo so people would cling to make statics and exclusiveness statuses even within legions, which is also understandable to a degree, why would that xXxMyDadIsBetterThanYoursxXx player get me in his IS run when he already has his best friends who are also his IS static.

The reason why we have big mega legions after 7.x suddenly is because legion "exclusive" content came back (altars and world bosses), but in the old times legion exclusive content was even bigger especially in fortress owning which made day and night, there was a bigger need for people to belong somewhere. Especially after world bosses and alts rolling on items not meant for them made the necessity to have a big legion that will have rules and would only take people from that legion with them.

~I see where you are coming from and why you like legions, so it kinda goes down to personal preference, I was always a lone wolf in every possible game I ever played.

(Side note: This lonewolfness became even more prominent after I played Lineage II where people who belonged to big "clans" (aka L2 legions) were being called carebears or zergers and that they relied on being plenty instead of relying on being good themselves. Whoever managed to do something and was in a big legion he/she would be said "yeah but that is because you are in a big clan, its not like you are good or anything", because Lineage II was such a hardcore game to play, the more you were the better. Like people who make sure to team themselves with their clan members in the Hero Arena so they could win against their own enemies and gain hero status, it is like not only they couldn't take pride in for being Heroes but they were even called out for being care bear heroes, they would have special skills and a glow around them and they were never left alone at any given time people who shout names against them. people really took mmorpgs too hard back then and especially in L2 where you didn't have two conflicting factions, but pvp was open and free everywhere, you could kill anyone you wanted and even war against another clan and make them kill-on-sight.)

Edited by Arhangelos-KT