Jump to content
Preservants-KT

recommendations for new game to play ?

Recommended Posts

My recommended 10/10 would play again.

-Polybius 

-Agony

-Polymorphous Perversity

-Manhunt

-Condemned

-My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragnarok Online

Pristontale

AIR (I recommended this one because Devil tried to play but he can't lol xD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too am looking for a new game to take the place of Aion. For me this new game must have the following: 

1. I must be able to sprout bird like wings with the ability to fly with Aion's realism.

2. It must have a decent story behind why I have those wings. And wings must be large enough to actually in theory, support my body in flight (many games drop the ball on this, especially with Dragons ie: Skyrim for example. Animators should take lessons from 1st Dragonheart movie. Now there was a Dragon I could really believe could "Fly" supported by the wings).

3. I must be able to design my own character (this includes body type ppl. In RL I'm thinner than most and my characters emulate that aspect of me).

4. Must not be gender locked (I'm female in RL and I always play my RL gender).

5. And finally: It must not be a game that looks like a cartoon. Don't get me wrong I love most Anime and many cartoons. I'm just not fond of that look in a game I plan to immerse myself in to forget my troubles in RL.

There it is. For me, Aion used to fulfill all of these aspects for me. Pre 6x I used to play 10-14 hours per day(I'm disabled). Aion's replacement should do the same or at least come close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I too am looking for a new game to take the place of Aion. For me this new game must have the following: 

1. I must be able to sprout bird like wings with the ability to fly with Aion's realism.

2. It must have a decent story behind why I have those wings. And wings must be large enough to actually in theory, support my body in flight (many games drop the ball on this, especially with Dragons ie: Skyrim for example. Animators should take lessons from 1st Dragonheart movie. Now there was a Dragon I could really believe could "Fly" supported by the wings).

3. I must be able to design my own character (this includes body type ppl. In RL I'm thinner than most and my characters emulate that aspect of me).

4. Must not be gender locked (I'm female in RL and I always play my RL gender).

5. And finally: It must not be a game that looks like a cartoon. Don't get me wrong I love most Anime and many cartoons. I'm just not fond of that look in a game I plan to immerse myself in to forget my troubles in RL.

There it is. For me, Aion used to fulfill all of these aspects for me. Pre 6x I used to play 10-14 hours per day(I'm disabled). Aion's replacement should do the same or at least come close.

I think what you want is Classic Aion.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

I think what you want is Classic Aion.

:)

Lol, he, he, he. Well, it never hurts to put it out there. And there are too many "Classic Aion" threads as it is, lol.

Y'all might know of a game out there I don't.

Edited by Aieryn-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ksara-DN   
On 06/06/2019 at 1:40 PM, Preservants-KT said:

Aion is real wallet breaker any other fun game ?

Icarus is a game very similar to AION, but imagine if AION had evolved from version 4 to version 7 correctly. No transformations, no change from a serious game to a children's game. Imagine a mounts system where you can fight. Imagine having a Dragon that you fight with him. I suggest going on youtube and seeing some videos about icarus. You will be surprised. After NCS changed the rankings and banished countless players from Latin America, almost all my friends are leaving AION. We need a game where the customer is important. This is no longer the case with AION. We are waiting for the official launch of icarus in South America and many will switch to this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ksara-DN said:

Icarus is a game very similar to AION, but imagine if AION had evolved from version 4 to version 7 correctly. No transformations, no change from a serious game to a children's game. Imagine a mounts system where you can fight. Imagine having a Dragon that you fight with him. I suggest going on youtube and seeing some videos about icarus. You will be surprised. After NCS changed the rankings and banished countless players from Latin America, almost all my friends are leaving AION. We need a game where the customer is important. This is no longer the case with AION. We are waiting for the official launch of icarus in South America and many will switch to this game.

Do you have wings? Can you fly in it? if so I'm in. If not, well, while it might be interesting and very much worth playing and I will check it out, it won't replace Aion for me. I'll still be coming back here for even the very limited flight in the few areas we have now.

I do thank you for posting the suggestion. I'll have a look at those videos......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ksara-DN   
41 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Do you have wings? Can you fly in it? if so I'm in. If not, well, while it might be interesting and very much worth playing and I will check it out, it won't replace Aion for me. I'll still be coming back here for even the very limited flight in the few areas we have now.

I do thank you for posting the suggestion. I'll have a look at those videos......

In AION your wings no work now. In icarus you have no wings, but you have the best mount system of all MMOs to use. You can tame any creature in the game. You can fly with 51 species of dragons, as well as incredible birds. The best of all this is that you can fight even while on the mount. A ranger can fire a arrow, a magician can fire spells even while riding on a wing horse and there are more ... Some dragons spit fire ... and you will never be a little lamb or bear or mouse or... etc on your mount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ksara-DN said:

In AION your wings no work now. In icarus you have no wings, but you have the best mount system of all MMOs to use. You can tame any creature in the game. You can fly with 51 species of dragons, as well as incredible birds. The best of all this is that you can fight even while on the mount. A ranger can fire a arrow, a magician can fire spells even while riding on a wing horse and there are more ... Some dragons spit fire ... and you will never be a little lamb or bear or mouse or... etc on your mount.

I know I just saw. I'm downloading beta version of game now.

Still though I'll be coming back to Aion for the personal wings and flight so it's not the replacement I'm looking for, but it will make a nice distraction. Thank you.

PS: No transformations is the best part, lol.

Edited by Aieryn-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwin-DN   
23 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I know I just saw. I'm downloading beta version of game now.

Still though I'll be coming back to Aion for the personal wings and flight so it's not the replacement I'm looking for, but it will make a nice distraction. Thank you.

PS: No transformations is the best part, lol.

I saw this picture and I had the impression that it was the good old Aion back. No transformations, but human characters. Daevas, as it should be.

wp_008.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gwin-DN said:

I saw this picture and I had the impression that it was the good old Aion back. No transformations, but human characters. Daevas, as it should be.

wp_008.jpg

it really kinda look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gwin-DN said:

I saw this picture and I had the impression that it was the good old Aion back. No transformations, but human characters. Daevas, as it should be.

wp_008.jpg

Ya it does doesn't it? Reminds you of the good days, and good times on Aion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Yeah... I'm also looking for something to move on for good. Hopefully we will have a good replacement soon.

I know how you feel. There's just nothing out there that compares to the Aion we love. And I'm not talking about the Aion we have now where your wings are useless and your supposed to look like a poorly rendered cartoon mascott riding a chicken, lol, I'm talking about 4x Aion or, really, anything pre 6x.

Having the ability to fly supported by my own wings used to take me away from my daily troubles immersed into another world. A world of wonder and unlimited possibilities. STO and SWTOR do this for me somewhat, and I do fool around on RO only for that freedom of unlimited flight. If RO had Aion's sense of realism and a good story behind why I have those wings like Aion did, well, still does if ya count your ascension, RO would do it for me. However RO is more anime based and your wings just, don't look real like they do in Aion. However I do get on and I fly everywhere. I don't care how far away the next mission is. I rarely use the teleportation portals. However RO's storyline is just, well, the best way to describe it is, it feels incomplete and there's no explanation for why you have those wings. In addition, you run out of story long before you reach max level of 80 or 90, at around level 55 give or take 5 levels depending on your style of gameplay.

RO does have some positive attributes though. No one is going to gank you while your leveling. and the PVP if that's your thing is everywhere but there are instances for it called "Battles" that are all over a large world area but you have to queve for them. In fact, you are encouraged to do so even while leveling but there are in addition instances for the solo player who just wants to explore and experience the story. What story there is anyway. The game is still in beta and has been since 2016-ish and while new content is added regularly its mostly instances both solo and PVP that have nothing to do with the main storyline that disappears leaving you wanting more around level 55.

There you have it. Until something else becomes available that offers me the ability of personal flight. I'm stuck with "what little Aion we have left."

Edited by Aieryn-DN
Fix error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I know how you feel. There's just nothing out there that compares to the Aion we love. And I'm not talking about the Aion we have now where your wings are useless and your supposed to look like a poorly rendered cartoon mascott riding a chicken, lol, I'm talking about 4x Aion or, really, anything pre 6x.

Having the ability to fly supported by my own wings used to take me away from my daily troubles immersed into another world. A world of wonder and unlimited possibilities. STO and SWTOR do this for me somewhat, and I do fool around on RO only for that freedom of unlimited flight. If RO had Aion's sense of realism and a good story behind why I have those wings like Aion did, well, still does if ya count your ascension, RO would do it for me. However RO is more anime based and your wings just, don't look real like they do in Aion. However I do get on and I fly everywhere. I don't care how far away the next mission is. I rarely use the teleportation portals. However RO's storyline is just, well, the best way to describe it is, it feels incomplete and there's no explanation for why you have those wings. In addition, you run out of story long before you reach max level of 80 or 90, at around level 55 give or take 5 levels depending on your style of gameplay.

RO does have some positive attributes though. No one is going to gank you while your leveling. and the PVP if that's your thing is everywhere but there are instances for it called "Battles" that are all over a large world area but you have to queve for them. In fact, you are encouraged to do so even while leveling but there are in addition instances for the solo player who just wants to explore and experience the story. What story there is anyway. The game is still in beta and has been since 2016-ish and while new content is added regularly its mostly instances both solo and PVP that have nothing to do with the main storyline that disappears leaving you wanting more around level 55.

There you have it. Until something else becomes available that offers me the ability of personal flight. I'm stuck with "what little Aion we have left."

Flight combat still sucks though. It got much better since release with the Y axis added for all skills, plus being able to use all skills while in the air, but it's still bad combat. Even though I'm a PVP oriented player and flight PVP sucks, I still miss the Abyss just because it was something different and kinda new (for me).

On the new map we will have a flight zone (Dumah?). Not sure what will they add to it to make it interesting to go there, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might wanna take a look into A:IR (Ascent Infinite Realm). One of the most promising MMOs out there. Currently being in Beta state in Thailand. I've been keeping my eyes on it for a while now. 

No wings, but mounts can fly (free flying) hence the air combats system. You get to be in battle ships and stuff as well.

Despite having been made with Unreal Engine 3, the game looks absolutely bomb (with steampunk style). 

The housing system and character customization looks quite similar to Black Dessert (which is a good thing!) 

 

Check it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

On the new map we will have a flight zone (Dumah?). Not sure what will they add to it to make it interesting to go there, though.

For me I had no problem with the flight combat. I can outfly most ppl I came across and if the Ely PVP-ers tried to gang up on me, I'd use my superior flying skills to confuse them and get away. It worked way more times than it failed. In fact, there was one instance where I had my Assassin in Norvisvold in the area you could only fly some of the time. 6 Ely's tried to gang up on me in mid air. I'm only level 66 at the time but, I had sleeper Godstones in both broadswords, lol. I don't know how it happened but I put them all alseep and taught them a lesson. From that moment on my assassin, Mhoki, could freely roam Norvisvold without fear of the gankfest. My other characters had a hard time there though but it was still a lot of fun I wouldn't trade for anything.

The Abyss was my favorite though for the unlimited flight. You say there is going to be a flight zone in the new map coming? This excites me. I'll go just for the flying alone.

1 hour ago, AngelicSoul-KT said:

You might wanna take a look into A:IR (Ascent Infinite Realm). One of the most promising MMOs out there. Currently being in Beta state in Thailand. I've been keeping my eyes on it for a while now. 

No wings, but mounts can fly (free flying) hence the air combats system. You get to be in battle ships and stuff as well.

Despite having been made with Unreal Engine 3, the game looks absolutely bomb (with steampunk style). 

The housing system and character customization looks quite similar to Black Dessert (which is a good thing!) 

 

Check it out. 

Thanks. I already have it on my list. I'm on disability tho so at the moment being things are tight as I'm having pain Dr. problems, I'll have to wait to be able to afford the client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started playing BDO SEA as they had an event to get the game for free back in april and well i'm also from asia. Its been a blast so far. Been just doing life skilling and ocean content mainly in BDO as i'm trying to remain completely f2p like I did in aion while slowly getting pets off the market to make grinding more efficient. Every week has been updates, minor quality of life/class balancing changes or major updates with new zones/content so far unlike aion doing scheduled maintenance for god knows what.

I've put off starting BDO back in october 2018 when they had the same event to get the game for free due to aion 6.2 but after a couple of months of 6.2 even BDO's gearing system looks alot less daunting than aion currently. To add on, if your more of a solo player or don't have a lot of time even better as BDO doesn't really have much group content and you can do everything at your own pace. 

No more sitting around wasting time waiting for members for instances or looking at LFG see-ing all these "must know you" or "gear check"  groups. No more loot ninjas or anything like that. No more do x instance x times and clear all weekly cooldowns and end up getting zero gear upgrades for that week. Finally a proper functioning market in a no trading system and not depending on luna/kibrium for kinah.

Besides BDO i'm also waiting for Lost Ark. Maybe it might come out in SEA before there is even a western english release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Started playing BDO SEA as they had an event to get the game for free back in april and well i'm also from asia. Its been a blast so far. Been just doing life skilling and ocean content mainly in BDO as i'm trying to remain completely f2p like I did in aion while slowly getting pets off the market to make grinding more efficient. Every week has been updates, minor quality of life/class balancing changes or major updates with new zones/content so far unlike aion doing scheduled maintenance for god knows what.

I've put off starting BDO back in october 2018 when they had the same event to get the game for free due to aion 6.2 but after a couple of months of 6.2 even BDO's gearing system looks alot less daunting than aion currently. To add on, if your more of a solo player or don't have a lot of time even better as BDO doesn't really have much group content and you can do everything at your own pace. 

No more sitting around wasting time waiting for members for instances or looking at LFG see-ing all these "must know you" or "gear check"  groups. No more loot ninjas or anything like that. No more do x instance x times and clear all weekly cooldowns and end up getting zero gear upgrades for that week. Finally a proper functioning market in a no trading system and not depending on luna/kibrium for kinah.

Besides BDO i'm also waiting for Lost Ark. Maybe it might come out in SEA before there is even a western english release.

Which BDO class is good for solo and pve ? Ranger or Witch ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×