Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - June 12, 2019

Cyan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey since this is originally a notification about maintenance I'd just like to say thank you for the improvements in notifying the duration, sticking to it mostly, and keeping it under 2 hours. Regardless of potential responses about that being due to near zero current content it seems to me like the long (lunch break of?) maintenances with ridiculous outage times for minimal previous content has moved away for the now. That I can predictably re-log after maintenance same day/night instead of next makes a big difference for me and my reckoning. Cheers!

Items that people might not know what they look like:

Emotes - Rainbow Float and Bluebird Bob: 

Emote - Summer Vacation:

Not sure what the Crated Fortress Runner mount is. It might be the one below as that's the only one in Aion Powerbook that has "Runner" in the name, but I don't know.

ZkCBc4A.jpg?w=600

Sunseeker's Outfit:

cl_cash_swimsuithot01_2.jpg cl_cash_swimsuithot01_1.jpg

* Correct me if I have any of these wrong. *

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 8:47 AM, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, June 12, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 11:00 CET. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 1 hours and 45 minutes.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • The Steel Rake Fortress event will begin. Click here for event details.
  • Fixed an issue where the Gourmet Candy Galaxy Bundle was providing outdated rewards.
  • The GP quests in Lakrum that were added on 4/24 have had their Daily/Weekly resets swapped. All other aspects of the quest remain the same.
  • Fixed some duplicated description text and incorrect names for some Legendary transformation potions.
  • Removed the option to exchange old Daevanion armors from NPCs in Sanctum and Pandaemonium. This functionality was already removed in the Awakened Legacy update; this update just removes the button.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

vazcznu3t5331.jpg ppdi1qykis231.jpg 5vc5w18pnh231.jpg

Anyone see that first pic as a metaphor for US having to use TRANSFORMATION skins?

On 6/11/2019 at 2:47 AM, Cyan said:
  • The GP quests in Lakrum that were added on 4/24 have had their Daily/Weekly resets swapped. All other aspects of the quest remain the same.

@Cyan The camp quests are still daily and the 10 kills quest is still weekly. I abandoned the quests and relogged to see if that would fix it, but they came back up the same way.

zMfnJEw.jpg

5 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

@Cyan The camp quests are still daily and the 10 kills quest is still weekly. I abandoned the quests and relogged to see if that would fix it, but they came back up the same way.

zMfnJEw.jpg

Are they just mis-marked like they were before? (Meaning.. and this gets confusing.. the base flips were marked weekly but were actually daily until last week when they were labeled correctly as daily. Now that the base flips are supposed to be weekly, are they actually weekly and just mis-marked as daily?)

12 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

zMfnJEw.jpg

I think abandoning them will not stop you from getting them only completing them will.  I got the pvp one before reset today and finished it and after reset I got it again so the pvp one is definately a daily now.  They are labeled wrong still but before reset only one I got was the pvp one. Once you zone back into Lakrum by abandoning them you just gonna get them again cause not done

On 6/11/2019 at 3:47 AM, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, June 12, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 11:00 CET. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 1 hours and 45 minutes.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • The Steel Rake Fortress event will begin. Click here for event details.
  • Fixed an issue where the Gourmet Candy Galaxy Bundle was providing outdated rewards.
  • Fixed some duplicated description text and incorrect names for some Legendary transformation potions.
  • Removed the option to exchange old Daevanion armors from NPCs in Sanctum and Pandaemonium. This functionality was already removed in the Awakened Legacy update; this update just removes the button.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

vazcznu3t5331.jpg ppdi1qykis231.jpg 5vc5w18pnh231.jpg

Hi @Cyan when does this event end sir?

37 minutes ago, Tyd-DN said:

I think abandoning them will not stop you from getting them only completing them will.  I got the pvp one before reset today and finished it and after reset I got it again so the pvp one is definately a daily now.  They are labeled wrong still but before reset only one I got was the pvp one. Once you zone back into Lakrum by abandoning them you just gonna get them again cause not done

Gotcha. I will try completing them later today and see if they come back correctly after that.

3 minutes ago, cinderellaxmagic-DN said:

if you look at the end of the page theres a perma mount you can buy hehe ;p

I caught it moments after I posted. Though I notice on the event page, they don't even list a "Jet Ski". So shuuuuuuuush. Don't tell them! 

Just now, Aly-DN said:

I caught it moments after I posted. Though I notice on the event page, they don't even list a "Jet Ski". So shuuuuuuuush. Don't tell them! 

hahah don't they always do that (surprise gifts mostly junk are put the day it starts)hahah but this one seems amazing ;3

I dare you do this event on lakrum gear than tell me how event feels like.Is an event for geared ones..so smart..i thought an event helps decrease diffrence level of gear, transformations etc between players..seem i am wrong. Me bad.Take time out if bosses are so imposibble for ungeared ones..

22 minutes ago, Nicolleta-KT said:

I dare you do this event on lakrum gear than tell me how event feels like.Is an event for geared ones..so smart..i thought an event helps decrease diffrence level of gear, transformations etc between players..seem i am wrong. Me bad.Take time out if bosses are so imposibble for ungeared ones..

You can finish it in crap gear. You just won't get all the shugos. 

EDIT: Maybe not in Lakrum gear, but in at least CoE gear.

1 hour ago, Nicolleta-KT said:

39 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

You can finish it in crap gear. You just won't get all the shugos. 

EDIT: Maybe not in Lakrum gear, but in at least CoE gear.

As additional info, here is some info I discovered by doing the event instance three times. I didn't watch a video or anything because, quite frankly, the rewards aren't worth a lot of effort, so I just yoloed it.

Run 1:
- Killed all 3 oil rigs
- Rescued 0 shugos
- Killed last boss
Got 10 reels

Run 2:
- Killed all 3 oil rigs
- Rescued 7 shugos
- Did not kill last boss
Got 0 reels (!!)

Run 3:
- Killed all 3 oil rigs
- Rescued 5 shugos
- Killed last boss
Got 75 reels

As you can see, it is ultimately useless to do the oil rigs or shugos if you don't kill the last boss. So make sure you leave yourself enough time to kill the last boss. Personally, I found the bosses to be quite easy to kill on my main, but I am in half red gear with a legendary transform. That said, I struggled with being a fattie and aggroing too many mobs while rescuing the shugos which delayed me -- and also with rescuing the trick shugos that would then turn into mobs I had to stop and kill. Lots of yanks and pulls from these mobs too, so a bit difficult to just train them around. One of them slept me for like 10 seconds, and it wasn't pot-able. If you play a class with a lot of aoe skills, it will go a lot faster. Someone mentioned they were able to lure the mini-bosses to the edge and then hop in their robot to kill them that way, so that might be something to look into if you're struggling with the mini-bosses.

I think it would be a semi-easy event to do by watching a video or practicing enough times. Personally, with 3 legendary transforms and at least half red gear on my two most-played toons, the rewards are not enough to try too often -- and that's what I find kind of odd about this event. It is clearly aimed at lesser-geared players with the ancient transform being the top reward and purple accessories being a "major" reward as well. However, it would be a bit challenging in CoE gear to free all of the shugos.

Anyway, just some thoughts from someone who isn't too good at event instances. :x

I tried this event and im dissapointed...
Idea for event instace fun but... on heal spec cleric with half way geared it's pain, no gain...
With sw thats half pve geared compared to cleric... keymaster was gooing down 3 times faster but... got stuck in a piece of wall! And reconnect didn't helped so I lost the run. Q_Q
Wanted run it on my non geared alts to get the precious purple pieces but looks like it wont be possible cause some mentally challenged person made event for geared only players. 
Oh well.. my gaming mood for tooday died, hello netflix my old friend........

For those having trouble with the mini bosses, just pull them to the edge and then transform they die in 1 or 2 hits. Then you just have to be quick so you have enough time to kill the final boss. Might have to skip rescuing some of the shugos for enough time, depends on how quick/geared you are.

As for the people saying this event isn't worth it, the top prize (imo) is the permanent mount. There are currently no permanent mounts easily available in game, they are highly sought after. Not only is it permanent but its is tradeable so you can make some kinah if you already have a mount, and even if the event only lasts 2 weeks ( @Cyan when is the event ending) you get enough tokens/resets without having to spend real money.

Archived