Forums

Event Rewards.

Noonga-KT

Should We Have These Items In Events?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Have These Items In Events?

• Yes
    • No

Can we spice up the event rewards a little bit? It has been 8 months since the patch released and players have been missing crucial consumables to progress in the game. Why is it a bad thing if people can progress a little easier with the aid of events? I know Gideon said that he wanted events to "supplement" the game rather than be the best way to progress, but for that to happen you need to have systems already in place for character progression. It is currently way "harder" than it needs to be and only really because the game is void of proper ways to progress.

Here are a few items that we would like to see because we don't really have a good way to earn them in game and every player needs for proper character progression.

- Spirit Fighting Fragments (and not 1 or 2, 100+ as a reward considering we need to use them for crafting PvP enchantment stones and you need thousands for the equipment purification)

- Legendary PvP/Ultimate PvP enchantment stones.  Again, a chance at multiple legendary stones would be nice. Earning just one stone is the opposite of rewarding and the enchantment system is NOT designed for players to only have a very scarce quantity of stones. 1-15 x 3 on 17 item slots requires quite a few stones.

- Ancient/Legendary/Ultimate Guiding Stone bundles. Also refrain from adding low quantity of this item, everyone needs to craft armor/enchantment stones and we need thousands. Especially since you have nerfed drop rates on most mobs for these.

- Ancient/Legendary/Ultimate Kibirum. Yet another crafting item required for multiple aspects of the game.

I feel these are reasonable items to have in every event, some are valued more than others but at the end of the day everyone needs these mostly un-tradeable items.

And for anyone who is going to type here complaining people are going to "p2w" events for gear I ask you, Does it matter? Why is having a way for EVERY player to acquire gear more easily bad? If everyone has a proper chance to earn "max" or "good" gear isn't that better for the community overall? As someone who has max gear I do not see a problem having more players that are "geared". It is however a problem when the majority of the small player base is literally struggling to be on a similar level to others because there is no moderate time frame to progress, better and more abundant rewards in events will help.

@Cyan @Hime

@Cyan  @Hime it took me 500 legendary pvp stones to go from +0 to +13 and 100 ultimate pvp stones to go from 13 to +15 on 17 items, maybe you should start making actual events giving virtual items for next to nothing like the end of the world event that literally no one complained about, and even praised the event?

18 minutes ago, Win-KT said:

Noonga-KT totally agree with u. Did a similar post about this ealier. Lets keep trying Cyan attention for this. Also eu got the SAME event But they added legendary pvp stone for 400 While we have legendary pve for 700... 

I'm advocating for every event to have these items, as they are crucial to most aspects of the game.

19 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

How about spicing up the game instead?

It would be nice but obviously when it takes them three months to add shards that come with the base game to the GST they are incapable of doing that. This is the best/easiest solution.

I don't think it's ever going to happen. Historically NCWest has been very leery of putting anything that has to do with PvP in events that don't involved PvP. 

Long long ago, NCWest tried to put relics (items turned in for AP) in the BCM. Players pitched a fit and the items were actually pulled from the shop. I think it was a lesson that has stayed with them.

Just now, Aly-DN said:

I don't think it's ever going to happen. Historically NCWest has been very leery of putting anything that has to do with PvP in events that don't involved PvP. 

Long long ago, NCWest tried to put relics (items turned in for AP) in the BCM. Players pitched a fit and the items were actually pulled from the shop. I think it was a lesson that has stayed with them.

These are not PvP items despite the item being listed as "PvP"  It's literally the same thing as having events drop Omega Enchantment or Temperin Solutions.

8 minutes ago, Noonga-KT said:

It would be nice but obviously when it takes them three months to add shards that come with the base game to the GST they are incapable of doing that. This is the best/easiest solution.

Personally i do not believe any one of us talking on the forums understand what goes in to making changes in the game be it events or game changes from the back end point of view. I do believe that changing core gameplay issues 1ce is far easier then putting better rewards in every event moving forward since all events have different currency therefore they would need to code that every event. Like i said tho i have no idea what they have to do in their back end and maybe it would be easier to make better event rewards.

Ultimately for me i would rather general game play be made better but at the same time they add better payment options on the cash shop instead. I do not care if someone wants to buy 50 ultimate stones for $200 but i do care if the only way i can obtain them is via anti-interaction with other players. The issue is most do not want to play Aion they just want to have the best gear of the patch and this is why events are favored as the go to method because most events can be done solo with 0 interaction.

10 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Personally i do not believe any one of us talking on the forums understand what goes in to making changes in the game be it events or game changes from the back end point of view. I do believe that changing core gameplay issues 1ce is far easier then putting better rewards in every event moving forward since all events have different currency therefore they would need to code that every event. Like i said tho i have no idea what they have to do in their back end and maybe it would be easier to make better event rewards.

Ultimately for me i would rather general game play be made better but at the same time they add better payment options on the cash shop instead. I do not care if someone wants to buy 50 ultimate stones for $200 but i do care if the only way i can obtain them is via anti-interaction with other players. The issue is most do not want to play Aion they just want to have the best gear of the patch and this is why events are favored as the go to method because most events can be done solo with 0 interaction.

Yeah but NCwest isn't capable of adding content to the game, they can how ever change rewards and quantity of rewards in events.

Just now, Noonga-KT said:

Yeah but NCwest isn't capable of adding content to the game, they can how ever change rewards and quantity of rewards in events.

How do you know that? We all just run off assumptions and personal speculation spread around our circle of friends we play with. Unless you have leaked insider information that you can post we have to assume that NCsoft is just as guilty since they would know how dire the situation is/was. They were getting the information that we wanted shards. Since you had cyan say they were sending this information through to them.

We do know they can change the price of items in-game tho as shown with the Tia eye event and the ninja removal of the event npc. We do not know if they have a choice in what is and is not in an event tho until they remove event items mid event.

They can change rewards, the quantity, they can increase/decrease drop rates, can add/remove items to mob drop tables, they have that capability. Heck, On EU side, you get two free contracts a week now, and they are the special with up to 50 types. It is pretty wild that that my EU account has better transformation contracts than my main here does.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/554784442116472862/588338393432326164/unknown.png

7 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

How do you know that? We all just run off assumptions and personal speculation spread around our circle of friends we play with. Unless you have leaked insider information that you can post we have to assume that NCsoft is just as guilty since they would know how dire the situation is/was. They were getting the information that we wanted shards. Since you had cyan say they were sending this information through to them.

We do know they can change the price of items in-game tho as shown with the Tia eye event and the ninja removal of the event npc. We do not know if they have a choice in what is and is not in an event tho until they remove event items mid event.

We know this because it takes them months to wait for Korea to program custom changes for them. Its far easier to have interesting items in events while we wait for other changes.

They have full control of event rewards and what is sold on the BCM according to a GM from Gameforge.

5 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

As far as I know, NCWest is publishing the game, which is made by NCSoft in Korea. Publishers can in no way add content to the game. they can however make changes to drop rates and such in game to cater to their specific regions. If I need to be corrected by anyone that has more information on the matter, than please do so.

NCWest is the publisher. They are a subsidy of NCSoft, who is the developer. Like any publisher, they can ask for specific content changes for their region. EU and RU can as well, ofc. NCSoft (the developers) have to approve and script those changes, but it is possible.

11 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

NCWest is the publisher. They are a subsidy of NCSoft, who is the developer. Like any publisher, they can ask for specific content changes for their region. EU and RU can as well, ofc. NCSoft (the developers) have to approve and script those changes, but it is possible.

Take for example the transformations. The reason their stats and duration are different from other regions is because someone in NCWest asked NCSoft to change them for us.

Kaisinel with a 2 minute duration is oof, btw. Kinda glad I don't have it yet.

2 hours ago, Noonga-KT said:

These are not PvP items despite the item being listed as "PvP"  It's literally the same thing as having events drop Omega Enchantment or Temperin Solutions.

I understand what you are saying regarding the tempering solutions and the omegas. Those did have multiple uses and because those lines were blurred, I believe NCWest added them. But I don't understand how you can say that fighting spirits and PvP enchantment stones aren't PvP items. PvP enchantment stones -only- work on PvP items. Fighting spirits are used to upgrade PvP gear and to morph PvP enchantment stones. You get them from disenchanting Conqueror's gear, which you do using AP which is acquired from PvP and from quests involving PvP. There are no blurred lines at all.

I am not advocating for not having these items in events or in the BCM. I am speaking about the historical perspective of NCWest's stance on PvP things coming from non-PvP-related activities. 

2 hours ago, Doll-DN said:

Take for example the transformations. The reason their stats and duration are different from other regions is because someone in NCWest asked NCSoft to change them for us.

Kaisinel with a 2 minute duration is oof, btw. Kinda glad I don't have it yet.

Here is an interesting perspective.

What if the change for this was not because NCwest asked for it but NCsoft was testing out different monetization tactics in our region for future projects like project TL and w/e they are releasing. Since we know they are planning on moving in to the console market with their newest games they just be using us as cattle to test these monetization tactics.

Gamers never look at a perspective like this because they are the consumer. You have to wonder at some point why are NCwest not giving a rats ass about the game yet not shutting it down at the same time.

So what you are saying is that Cyan lied to us? Since he told us that the change in the timers was specifically requested by NCWest to make the higher transformations more balanced. (i.e. that they would be more expensive to use)

I understand that we need to think critically, but I also think we need to not jump at shadows.

Consider this hoopla over the current event rewards. Someone went to the Aion database and found the reward chest for this event and then posted it as if it were the rewards given in other regions.. specifically RU and EU. A player then posted both EU's and RU's rewards which are remarkably similar (though not exact) to what we are getting and not even remotely the same as the Aion database list. Players are flailing around because they feel they are being cheated, when in reality they really aren't.

How many times has cyan said report X glide hacker or Y glide hacker to support and if they are cheating they will get banned then closed the thread because you can not talk ill of people on the forums. Only for them to never be banned. He has lied to us countless times but coming at someone is not allowed nor does he deserve it so i am not going there.

I get what your saying @Aly-DN and i think your right pretty sure cyan did say something like that to us. Now lets say NCwest did do it how does it change the fact that it could be to test out new monetization tactics? The player base hated it and still hate it yet they are not fixing it. The transformation system is the only part in the game that i would say has the players united opinion on. Anyone who says they love it are memeing people can say they do not mind it but no one loves it.

Now what could NCwest possibly gain through doing this change? Maybe release a new server where their is 0 currency and all of a sudden you notice lockbox sales are through the roof. Incase you did not know for the first few weeks lockboxes were selling out on EK. I know only a few but players left their scrolls running when they went afk and specifically bought more lockboxes to get kinah so they can keep their yellow transformations running. 

From my standpoint they made plenty of money thanks to the change and i would say it was a very successful monetization change to the region and now they know since the new server was essentially a simulation of a new game release on a much smaller scale. They can take the information they learnt and apply it to future games.

Yes this can be considered shadow chasing in a sense but we have no idea what ncwest/soft is doing as they do not communicate with us. Essentially every post on the forums is theory crafting now since we can not get any information out of ncwest/soft about our feedback.

I agree with just about everything you said, @HealingSquid-KT

I guess I am leery of the knee-jerk reactions because often they are proven wrong in time and until then you have players reading what we theorize here and panicking needlessly. Even after things are debunked here, we continue to see people spreading the paranoia because the debunking gets less attention than the salacious accusations.

Though I guess that opens up another discussion on why we are predisposed to believing the worst about every move that NCWest makes regarding Aion. Our trust has been broken many many many times and each time NCWest promises more communication. And yet to this day.. we get little to no communication outside of the weekly maint message. And round and round we go.

Aion is a mess.

- Spirit Fighting Fragments (and not 1 or 2, 100+ as a reward considering we need to use them for crafting PvP enchantment stones and you need thousands for the equipment purification)

This is simply kinah. kinah is already a prize in the event.

- Legendary PvP/Ultimate PvP enchantment stones.  Again, a chance at multiple legendary stones would be nice. Earning just one stone is the opposite of rewarding and the enchantment system is NOT designed for players to only have a very scarce quantity of stones. 1-15 x 3 on 17 item slots requires quite a few stones.

I think some legendaries are good, as long as untradeable, and limited ammount.

- Ancient/Legendary/Ultimate Guiding Stone bundles. Also refrain from adding low quantity of this item, everyone needs to craft armor/enchantment stones and we need thousands. Especially since you have nerfed drop rates on most mobs for these.

cmon, this is the most acessible stuff in the game. This is something that they should not ever add to events, unless in low quantity.

- Ancient/Legendary/Ultimate Kibirum. Yet another crafting item required for multiple aspects of the game.

Same as above. 

I feel these are reasonable items to have in every event, some are valued more than others but at the end of the day everyone needs these mostly un-tradeable items.

this is something that they ABSOLUTELY MUST NOT DO, the event prizes should be mostly untradeable, even among characters. Otherwise people will be making multiple accounts just for the purpose of abusing the event. Then what happens is that people don't do anything else but repeating events. The game should not be played like it was in the 5.x era.

Archived