Jump to content
Niwdex-DN

About the Steel Rake Fortress event...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have to say something about this event: It was not developed thinking of the whole community.

Why? because if you are just starting the game, you wont be able to pass this event NEVER, even more if you are a class with no dps (at least in the starting gear) like a Chanter.

Also, I think you should give us more time to pass the instance, because it's a bit confuse.

The last comment... It's not worth trying to do it because if you fail you will get no rewards.

Thanks.

 

Edited by Niwdex-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, here are some tips from someone who is not very good at event instances. As in, it took me five tries to be able to rescue all 10 shugos! I am also a chanter, so may be able to offer a class-specific viewpoint.

1. Kill the rocks in the very beginning as you are moving. Don't stop at them and waste time. You can use the skills while you move.

2. When you are in your robot and you encounter a lot of mobs on the pathway -- like when you're at the oil rigs or in the beginning -- first pop your bomb (skill 3), then blast them all with skill 2, then you only need one or two more hits with skill 1. *Make sure you are facing the majority of the mobs when you use skill 2, so you don't waste it because it's a frontal skill.*

3. When you are killing the mini bosses to get the keys, try to lure them to the edge of the wall/platform. Apparently you can then hop in your robot and 2- or 3-shot the bosses if your character has low dps. Note, I have not actually tried this yet because I just kill the mini-bosses with my skills.

4. As a chanter, go dps spec stigmas so that you have the AOE linked stigma. It will help a lot when you aggro a lot of mobs while trying to kill the mini-bosses and/or free the shugos. If you have the AOE daevanion skills (might not if it's a new toon), make sure you have those set as well.

5. After you kill the mini-bosses, click on the name list on the floor. This way, you can see which shugos are the ones you need to rescue, so you don't waste time "freeing" the trick shugos -- which you then have to stop and kill! *This helped me a lot with saving time!*

6. If you have Blessing of Wind stigma, make sure you have it socketed! It really boosts chanter dps; it's a very OP skill!

7. Be sure to use your 4k skill, Winter Circle, on the last boss. It's a very powerful skill and will help you kill the boss twice as fast!

8. Remember that killing the last boss is the most important part. If you don't kill him, you won't get ANY rewards at all! So even if you can only manage to save 5 shugos, that's fine! Just go on ahead to kill the rest of the oil rigs and then kill the last boss.

Lastly, here is a video of it. You've probably already watched one, but just in case. Hopefully some of these tips will help you. :x

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

Not true. I am running it on several alts who have CoE gear. I don't get all the shugos on them, but I still get enough reels that by the end of the event I can get them a perma mount or some purple accessories or other nice things. If you are worried, just do the first boss and release those three shugos. If you have time, try the second. But keep your eye on the clock. Give yourself enough time to get through the remaining gates and kill the last boss. Easy peasy.

This is an event for everyone. It does reward those at end-game more than it does those who are just beginning, but what's wrong with that? And if you feel that the event is a waste of your time, then just don't do it. There have been plenty of events in the past that are so meh that I haven't bothered. But it's odd.. just because I haven't liked them, I could recognize that others did. Not every event is everyone's cup of tea. Ignore the event if this one isn't yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Hey, here are some tips from someone who is not very good at event instances. As in, it took me five tries to be able to rescue all 10 shugos! I am also a chanter, so may be able to offer a class-specific viewpoint.

1. Kill the rocks in the very beginning as you are moving. Don't stop at them and waste time. You can use the skills while you move.

2. When you are in your robot and you encounter a lot of mobs on the pathway -- like when you're at the oil rigs or in the beginning -- first pop your bomb (skill 3), then blast them all with skill 2, then you only need one or two more hits with skill 1. *Make sure you are facing the majority of the mobs when you use skill 2, so you don't waste it because it's a frontal skill.*

3. When you are killing the mini bosses to get the keys, try to lure them to the edge of the wall/platform. Apparently you can then hop in your robot and 2- or 3-shot the bosses if your character has low dps. Note, I have not actually tried this yet because I just kill the mini-bosses with my skills.

4. As a chanter, go dps spec stigmas so that you have the AOE linked stigma. It will help a lot when you aggro a lot of mobs while trying to kill the mini-bosses and/or free the shugos. If you have the AOE daevanion skills (might not if it's a new toon), make sure you have those set as well.

5. After you kill the mini-bosses, click on the name list on the floor. This way, you can see which shugos are the ones you need to rescue, so you don't waste time "freeing" the trick shugos -- which you then have to stop and kill! *This helped me a lot with saving time!*

6. If you have Blessing of Wind stigma, make sure you have it socketed! It really boosts chanter dps; it's a very OP skill!

7. Be sure to use your 4k skill, Winter Circle, on the last boss. It's a very powerful skill and will help you kill the boss twice as fast!

8. Remember that killing the last boss is the most important part. If you don't kill him, you won't get ANY rewards at all! So even if you can only manage to save 5 shugos, that's fine! Just go on ahead to kill the rest of the oil rigs and then kill the last boss.

Lastly, here is a video of it. You've probably already watched one, but just in case. Hopefully some of these tips will help you. :x

 

U  dont need to aggro all mobs too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirei-KT   

It's a bit of a mixed bag to me. It breaks with the very concept of event instances (doable by anyone due to equalized gear/stats). While I agree with the idea of awarding keys proportional to gear, it feels weird to just leave the fresh 76s out of the equation here. Especially when we just had "that" survey and, y'know, the point of the 6.0 update was to make the game appealing to newer players to begin with?

It would have made more sense to attach a daily quest that gives players a 1-day gear set (or at least some purple pieces) so anyone can get the minimum needed to make the thing relatively worthwhile. The starter gear (Lakrum) is a no-go, and even full CoE is not a guarantee to anything beyond the final boss based on your class, ultimately making the whole thing kinda pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uhmmmmmmm!  People keep saying you don't need a lot of gear to participate in this one, and others keep crying they're left out and they have fresh new toons *so suddenly* and I'm like. . .  

 

It is easy.  My ranger is 100% questionable and I'm getting 9-10 keys every go with her.  No problem.  If you don't have at least CoE gear, I honestly don't know what to tell you.  I have three different toons that can solo CoE and I often shove 2 alts with each of them when I'm a glutton for punishment and I am *that* bored, so at this point, I have three different toons, one is full red, and the two are a full mix of red and pink but mostly unenchanted, but I have 8-10 alts now in full CoE. . .  

No, you probably won't get the full rewards, that's okay, the prices aren't terribly heinous for once(but are extremely limited in what you can buy), but I actually like that this one isn't as friendly to the alt spam.  It means I don't have to live for this boring instance event.  All I'm doing is my ranger and my sin, and that's because the EXP is so good.  Got to fuss at those gems. X_X  

If you have CoE gear or better and you're struggling, I guess I have to say that the gear is likely not your problem. . .  You might be the problem.  Vantheria posted some wonderful suggestions, particularly about dps'ing the minibosses, and particularly about overcoming life as a chanter.  So, maybe listen and try instead of cry.  

It's not an awesome event, by no means, but I'm going to get a permamount on my ranger, and some misc things on my sin, but I'm most excited by all the gems I'm going to be making for enchants, because that's where I've been struggling.  

BUT! @Cyan Ya'll really put voidsoul accessory boxes in this one?  Really?  That's so lame.  Ya'll could've least put the legendary frostspark instead if this was really gonna be aimed for the ungeared.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneeChanDesu-KT said:

U  dont need to aggro all mobs too.  

No, you don't NEED to, but if you're fat like me, you will accidentally. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

3. When you are killing the mini bosses to get the keys, try to lure them to the edge of the wall/platform. Apparently you can then hop in your robot and 2- or 3-shot the bosses if your character has low dps. Note, I have not actually tried this yet because I just kill the mini-bosses with my skills.

I can attest to this. I've done it on my alts after reading it here and it works. The only thing being the mobs reset after they hit you the first time when outside of their "house" or whatever is that place they are in. So you need to put some debuff on them and run to the edge, wait for them to get close to you and the edge, but not hit you, and when they are close enough you jump down and hop in the robot, and 1 shot them. 

It's not really difficult, but it required me a few tries before excelence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the shugos who need to be rescued

First miniboss

  1. Sunanerk
  2. Geumtrunerk
  3. Gigoonerk

Second miniboss

  1. Huadoranerk
  2. Moksunerk
  3. Todonrinerk

Third miniboss

  1. Cheondaninerk
  2. Hedarunerk
  3. Myungdanrunerk
  4. Gomgunerk

Everytime I have gone to the instance, the names are always the same (at least for me), so dont waste time reading the list, kill the minibosses and start rescuing thos poor shugos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I messed up my first run cause of some dumb mistakes but then my second run I was able to get all 10 shugos and finish with plenty of time to spare. There's just a pace to it you have to figure out and avoid what you can that will slow you down. Gear helps I'm sure but I wouldn't say it's necessary to get a decent reward.

I don't have my legendary xform yet so I know that has nothing to do with it. If your character is still low geared, go get some genesis crystals and get some GC pve gear if your gear is low still and start using those ancient enchants to get your pve stats up and then just practice different strategies with this instance till you get the best reward you can get. It's really not that bad of an instance. Just gotta focus for what, 20 minutes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You dont' need to kill all the mini bosses to complete the instance to get some rewards.  I can tell you killing 2 mini bosses and getting 6 captives freed plus the last boss gives 110 reels.  Doesnt seem like a lot but if you bought the gold bars daily or even every other day, you have a chance at 4 or 5 in a day.  Thats ok for me.  These events arent suppose to be sprints, but marathons.  Cant get 3k reels in one day w/o real money and living in the instance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly this sounds more like "I'm mad I can't complete the event with my multiple lvl 76 alts" then a legitimate concern about not being able to complete the event with a brand new character. You can get enough gear to get 10/10 shugos within a day of hitting lvl 80.

  • Complete Mirash/CoE, hopefully you will get wings and a couple of armor upgrades (CoE loves to give repeat pieces).
  • Complete enough Lakrum camps to purchase a genesis crystal weapon, PvP or PvE. If it is an alt you don't plan to gear for PvP, get the Bloodsworn weapon and roll attack/cast speed, use the 100+ PvE enchantment stones you get from the support quests in lakrum to enchant the weapon to +13 or higher. Combine it with the Clever Weapon you get from hitting lvl76.
  • Complete the rest of the Lakrum camps. Depending on what you get from CoE upgrade more armor pieces (in this order Chest - Pants - Shoes/Shoulder/Gloves) You may need to complete a couple of the 20 kill quests for additional genesis crystals.

After all of that you should be close to 10k attack and 800-1200 PvE attack which is enough to comfortably complete the full event with all shugos. Make sure you are using shards.

For arguments sake here is a video of a Chanter in Lakrum gear:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tested this pulling boss to the ledge etc.
Tbh. main problem on non geared chars are adds, gotta waste precious time to kill mobs 1st and then pull boss.
Depending on character type - on some pulling boss is easy on some it is resetting a lot.
What pisses me off on every char - multiple pulls, slowing down, sleeps, blind and silence debuffs.
Non geared players are double screwd due to dmg debuffs - cannot activate anything not port up when got debuff, geared chars got high chance to resist debuffs effect and activate things/port up.

Completed run with max points only 1 time  - few more times failed on face cuz got slept on platform or got pulled away to many times.
New player who don't have defences/attack from cubes and some better gear, there is no chance to make max points = event for geared players only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The (mini)bosses have 9998 physical/magical defense.

For chanters, Booming Strike (-3% physical defense) decrease the physical defense of these bosses by 299.

Edited by mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwin-DN   
Posted (edited)

I honestly can not say where the heads of the NCS. Calm! I explain.

They keep investing wrong, thinking wrong and doing wrong.

They spend time and resources to develop things that do not work in practice. Everything they do continues to divide the community.

I've said it many times. It does not matter if you like this game. Everything that is new needs ... I will repeat this ... It must please the majority. If there is a large and expressive group of people. People, customers ... who do not like this "new" so something is wrong.

What is the logic of there being an event where few players are able to reach the end?

Another major mistake that NCS made was making instances PF and IDD even harder for those who were almost there.

This new event already has a bad premium and if you do not finish it in a certain time you take nothing. You will not find a single box.

Many players are just wasting time and passing anger.

What is the logic of this? Stay several minutes at an event where you end up taking nothing. Absolutely nothing.

My God! Why is it so difficult to understand? Someone with brains, please! Come here...

AION is a business, an entertainment that needs to generate satisfaction and not disappointment.

My God!!!!!! Do not you have a single human being in this company with a commercial and strategy vision? So hire someone who loves this game. There are several people here on this forum who are ok. Give them a chance, an opportunity and fire these people who have no idea of AION, much less business.

I got tired of step with eggs. It's a lot of amateurism.

Edited by Gwin-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

@Gwin-DN You can "reach the end" with every character every single time. You just have to know your limitations. I am running this on several CoE geared characters for different rewards and am having zero problems. I just don't get all the shugos. I will be able get each one of them a couple nice rewards by the end of the event.

There is nothing wrong with an event that gives more rewards for those characters with more gear. Every other event we have had lately could be done on 100% nakkies characters. Complaining that this event is different is just plain silly.

As for PF and IDD being made a tad harder, it's been months since then! Have you not made up the gear difference yet? If you haven't, that's on you. Somethings need to be a challenge just like some things need to be less of a challenge in order to keep -everyone- interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwin-DN   
2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

@Gwin-DN You can "reach the end" with every character every single time. You just have to know your limitations. I am running this on several CoE geared characters for different rewards and am having zero problems. I just don't get all the shugos. I will be able get each one of them a couple nice rewards by the end of the event.

There is nothing wrong with an event that gives more rewards for those characters with more gear. Every other event we have had lately could be done on 100% nakkies characters. Complaining that this event is different is just plain silly.

As for PF and IDD being made a tad harder, it's been months since then! Have you not made up the gear difference yet? If you haven't, that's on you. Somethings need to be a challenge just like some things need to be less of a challenge in order to keep -everyone- interested.

It is not the first time. You are always in the opposite direction. I feel sorry for you. You are one of those lost cases. No matter what the NCS does, you will defend them. It is with a sect crazy, no matter how wrong it is, you will defend. But we not need to discuss about the good or bad news. I look for the numbers and the results. I have said and I will always say. In 100 people 20 say yes and 80 say no then your business will fail.

You can keep repeating like a broken record that AION is 10 years old and never went bankrupt. What you have not noticed yet are the numbers. From 10 servers, now have 2. From 30 million of value the quarter we fall to 12 million. What will be the next result? Will it improve? Well.. I hope so, but it's not what I see. Then I'm trying turn on the alert here. I'm trying to save the game.

You like to say ... The problem is person A or B. The problem are always the others. But... I'm sorry, but you're nothing special and you need know about this... We do not care nothing about your opinion. Actually, I reject arrogant people who attack others or apoint set defect in others. All your comments is just that.

I like to discuss ideas. But there's always some fool with this need to prove be better than others, when in fact it is only a someone who do not know talking except about herself.

The Aion is this. Just a game, just an entertainment. If they will do the wrong way the business go to down and nothing in this life last forever.

You will respond soon, but I will not reply. Reading your comments only gives me nausea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
Posted (edited)

Lol. You apparently know who I am, but you don't actually read what I write.. unless it's in contrast to what you are saying. If you had been actually paying attention and not just flailing around in a blind panic, you would see that I am often critical of NCSoft. And more and more often, actually.  That doesn't mean I am -always- critical. There are some things that are fine. Some things that are actually well done! Not as often as they used to be, but it does occasionally happen. So you point a finger at me, I can point one right back. They could hand us +15 Ultimate gear the moment we login and someone like you would find fault with it. 

I have been playing this game (and posting) since 2009. You don't need to explain to me how this game has progressed and how the playerbase has gone down.  Aion is hardly the only game where this has happened. Even the crowned king of MMOs, WoW, is experiencing a dip in playerbase. The age of MMOs is coming to an end, it seems.

NCSoft is not doing a bang up job with Aion. The communication between the devs and our team at NCWest has broken down. Not sure where. But no one can dispute that it has. There are some things that are seriously wrong with Aion (the whole game) and with just our version of Aion (that aren't an issue in other regions). This event isn't one of them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an event that gives greater rewards to those who have been actually playing the game and doing well in it.. and thus are geared. There is nothing wrong with an event that requires no gear. We get both. These events (either kind) are not even in the top 10 of things wrong with the game. 

Like you, I am just a player and I have as much right as you to post. You, ofc, don't have to read it. Especially if it makes your little tummy sick. So head on over to my name on the left side of this post. Hover over my name and click IGNORE USER. But don't you ever tell me or anyone else that we don't have the right to post just because we don't agree with your very narrow view of the world.

Edited by Aly-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

@Gwin-DN You can "reach the end" with every character every single time. You just have to know your limitations. I am running this on several CoE geared characters for different rewards and am having zero problems. I just don't get all the shugos. I will be able get each one of them a couple nice rewards by the end of the event.

There is nothing wrong with an event that gives more rewards for those characters with more gear. Every other event we have had lately could be done on 100% nakkies characters. Complaining that this event is different is just plain silly.

As for PF and IDD being made a tad harder, it's been months since then! Have you not made up the gear difference yet? If you haven't, that's on you. Somethings need to be a challenge just like some things need to be less of a challenge in order to keep -everyone- interested.

 

4 hours ago, Gwin-DN said:

What is the logic of there being an event where few players are able to reach the end?

...

This new event already has a bad premium and if you do not finish it in a certain time you take nothing. You will not find a single box.

Many players are just wasting time and passing anger.

What is the logic of this? Stay several minutes at an event where you end up taking nothing. Absolutely nothing.

My God! Why is it so difficult to understand? Someone with brains, please! Come here...

...

 

On 13/06/2019 at 5:38 PM, KonkersGG-EK said:

I can attest to this. I've done it on my alts after reading it here and it works. The only thing being the mobs reset after they hit you the first time when outside of their "house" or whatever is that place they are in. So you need to put some debuff on them and run to the edge, wait for them to get close to you and the edge, but not hit you, and when they are close enough you jump down and hop in the robot, and 1 shot them. 

It's not really difficult, but it required me a few tries before excelence.

As I have already attested, you CAN finish with at very least 2 min left with a full CoE/Mirash geared character, saving all shugos and killing the last boss. I did it on Cleric, TEMPLAR and SW with CoE gear +2/+5. Read carefully what I said about how to do it and it's doable with every character.

The only thing i haven't mentioned is that it's safer to clear near the fuel thingy first before going up to kill the boss. Clear the mobs on the area where you are going to jump down to get on the robot first, lock the tower so the mobs don't spawn anymore, then move up to lure the boss. It's important to clear all mobs that may aggro on the way so you don't have to worry about any mobs other than the boss. 

Another thing to note is that the mobs don't aggro other mobs on the top of the platform, they only aggro on YOU. So you can pull the bosses using some ranged dot/debuff (if possible) and the mobs near it wont aggro. Do not hit the boss once it's out of the room it spaws, or else it will reset instantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can do the first and the last part, and get 8 keys, and still have like 2 min left on the clock with a toon with coe gear.

And that's not even doing this trick to kill the bosses.

So, no reason to complaint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
catsu-KT   
7 hours ago, Gwin-DN said:

I honestly can not say where the heads of the NCS. Calm! I explain.

They keep investing wrong, thinking wrong and doing wrong.

They spend time and resources to develop things that do not work in practice. Everything they do continues to divide the community.

I've said it many times. It does not matter if you like this game. Everything that is new needs ... I will repeat this ... It must please the majority. If there is a large and expressive group of people. People, customers ... who do not like this "new" so something is wrong.

What is the logic of there being an event where few players are able to reach the end?

Another major mistake that NCS made was making instances PF and IDD even harder for those who were almost there.

This new event already has a bad premium and if you do not finish it in a certain time you take nothing. You will not find a single box.

Many players are just wasting time and passing anger.

What is the logic of this? Stay several minutes at an event where you end up taking nothing. Absolutely nothing.

My God! Why is it so difficult to understand? Someone with brains, please! Come here...

AION is a business, an entertainment that needs to generate satisfaction and not disappointment.

My God!!!!!! Do not you have a single human being in this company with a commercial and strategy vision? So hire someone who loves this game. There are several people here on this forum who are ok. Give them a chance, an opportunity and fire these people who have no idea of AION, much less business.

I got tired of step with eggs. It's a lot of amateurism.

Under no circumstances the event is just fine and you(alongside the wheelchair majority) just have a miserable attitude and are bad at aion correct?
They increased attack req and decreased acc req for PF/IDD, also there was a balance patch too. Just get good?(and I mean seek help since step by step explanation of how to do a nyerk easy event is somehow beyond your comprehension and you get all emotional)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. I went ahead and made a video on how to kill bosses using the robot. May take a while for youtube to process.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gwin-DN said:

Another major mistake that NCS made was making instances PF and IDD even harder for those who were almost there.

This was actually pretty necessary because a lot of us were 4-manning PF and 6-manning IDD with only 2 or 3 red pieces of gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×