Anyone else crashed during event?

Sinue-DN

Update:
So apparently, even though it was of no fault of my own that the game crashed, this was a GM's response
Notaccepting.png
Not happy with the above response. It wasn't my fault that the game suddenly crashed, and that the game has no way of recognizing or coping with issues like that. It happened, please fix.
@Cyan

Yea, trying to get it escalated and resolved. Otherwise, this GM is basically telling the rest of the community, don't DC during the event because if you do, oh well! You lose out on your attempt for the day, kthxs!
/sigh
Not a very nice thing to say.

It's not the first time.

Support doesn't Aion. They don't know what patch we are on. They don't understand the current systems. They often give answers that are patches and years out of date. Sometimes it feels like they don't even know what an "Aion" is.

On 13/6/2019 at 11:16 AM, 2s1638B2-DN said:

I had just gotten started on the event when for some reason Aion crashed. By the time I came back into game I didn't get booted out of the event, I had 4 minutes left and my instance got wasted for the day. :'(
@Cyan Please help?

Do you have set the Fast Start up ?

Works fine and it's safe to use.

u36jr8G.png&key=b90f108b64f1129bed527069

Hey @DevilNest-KT (or anyone, I guess) -- Have you ever experienced that fast start-up still taking a while? Like, I have two computers with Aion on one of them. My work computer does the fast start-up correctly. However, my home computer -- and obviously the one I use 95% of the time -- has EXACTLY the same "fix" performed on it as my work computer (and as detailed above). Yet, when it loads up, it goes straight to 99% on the progress bar screen and sits at 99% for 3-4 minutes! So it's basically just as long as if the progress bar were to go from 0-100%. Any thoughts? My home computer is much better than my work computer, so that shouldn't be the problem either.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Hey @DevilNest-KT (or anyone, I guess) -- Have you ever experienced that fast start-up still taking a while? Like, I have two computers with Aion on one of them. My work computer does the fast start-up correctly. However, my home computer -- and obviously the one I use 95% of the time -- has EXACTLY the same "fix" performed on it as my work computer (and as detailed above). Yet, when it loads up, it goes straight to 99% on the progress bar screen and sits at 99% for 3-4 minutes! So it's basically just as long as if the progress bar were to go from 0-100%. Any thoughts? My home computer is much better than my work computer, so that shouldn't be the problem either.

best fix for anything wrong with fast load is to delete the file and repair client then setup fast load again.

Another Update:

Not.png

So apparently, I guess if the Aion client crashes during the event, GG. I'm being told to purchase my missed entry instead. That leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.
This basically telling me, "Well, we don't have issue on our servers, so we cannot help you."
I am not asking about the stability of their servers, I am telling them that I encountered an issue at the beginning of the event (not even a full minute into starting) where the Aion game froze, locked up and then crashed and by the time I was able to re log back in, I had only 4 minutes to go from the very beginning (didn't even have the item in my inventory to mount) to the boss.

All I would like is to receive an item that allows me to reattempt the event to make up for the day, You would think I was asking for some sort of game breaking item instead. Holy nuts.

Yea, I am at a total loss. It was MY game client that for some reason locked up and then crashed just as I clicked on the shugo to get the item to start traversing the bridge. So the senior GM decides to investigate their servers instead and based on what he found is telling me he can't help me because the servers are fine, I just need to buy additional chances?

Like, I'm sorry, but what?

Okay, I have to confess I am a little perplexed. If there aren't any inherent issues with the event, servers, or client- then why is it such a travesty if support doesn't restore your run? I have gotten disconnected from similar things in the past because of connection instability, PC limitations, or just seemingly random sendlogs- and yeah it sucks but when it's not something NC is responsible for, I can't exactly demand they fix it.

30 minutes ago, Haniya-DN said:

Okay, I have to confess I am a little perplexed. If there aren't any inherent issues with the event, servers, or client- then why is it such a travesty if support doesn't restore your run? I have gotten disconnected from similar things in the past because of connection instability, PC limitations, or just seemingly random sendlogs- and yeah it sucks but when it's not something NC is responsible for, I can't exactly demand they fix it.

Because there WAS an issue with the client. As stated, the game client totally locked up and crashed at the beginning of the event, just when I went to try and click on the shugo for the item. I even got the whole want to report this issue error message and all that I tried to rush past to back into the game to do event.

If I was playing in the middle of a thunderstorm in a timed event, then yes, absolutely agree. I wouldn't even bother because that was a risk I took and clearly it was not in my favor. The fact that the client took a derp on me and they are failing to properly address my case more personally and instead are giving me a broad "well, we talked to tech guys and they say servers the fine for everyone else, gg." is not an appropriate response in this case.

Sorry that happened to you, wish they resolved this better for you. Reminds me of my time I got disconnected while getting my Druid Epic 1 Gear on Everquest. Now those epic items took many weeks if not months/years to get because you spent time camping mobs that were timed to appear very rare. I messaged a GM in 2003 about it and he responded the same way this one did ignoring the problem and saying the severs were fine.  I got it escalated all the way to the senior techs who finally just gave me the item.  Don't stop escalating your problem, if you find fault in the games client crashing, than persist further with this. I hope they at least give you another free instance to go into the event. 

Archived