The veilenthrone

ForumBatman

11 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

This is pretty much how I feel about Veilenthrone ^ 

I never got to run Dragon Lord's Refuge back in the day 'cause I was too new and didn't have the gear or know-how for it, and I think that's okay. Tiamat was a Dragon Lord, of course you had to have the best of the best to take her down. And the same goes for Ereshkigal and Veilenthrone- it's not necessarily about the loot, but rather the story and challenge of the instance. What's wrong with having challenging PVE content for a change, when everything else gets nerfed into the ground? It's something exciting to work towards, for me at least!

Also, super disappointed in everyone's attitudes. -__-; Gearing up for PVE is a such a ridiculous mix of luck, networking, skill, and time- and yes, often money. So the people who complete VT don't need to act snooty like it's sooo easy peasy for anyone to do, and people who haven't yet shouldn't try to downplay the effort involved. 

@Matsukamy-KT already covered that the lore will be given in some way in 7.0. Probably along with a nerf to the instance which will give everyone access to this instance. So that really isn't an issue.

I really agree with your second paragraph with an emphasis on the bolded section. Because gearing can mean a ridiculous amount of luck and, yes, SKILL.. it's disgusting to see people down playing the effort that went into that first A rank. It's very much akin to the player that got a Kaisinel transform and posters attacked him for being pay2win. So much so that he felt he had to defend himself for being lucky! It was jealously plain and simple. Same here. The group in DN-A put in tons of time not only gearing, but working on downing that instance and should receive nothing but congratulations. Instead they feel they have to come here and defend themselves for being geared! It's sickening.

12 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

Also, super disappointed in everyone's attitudes. -__-; Gearing up for PVE is a such a ridiculous mix of luck, networking, skill, and time- and yes, often money. So the people who complete VT don't need to act snooty like it's sooo easy peasy for anyone to do, and people who haven't yet shouldn't try to downplay the effort involved. 

Who exactly acted "snooty"? Out of the 18 people in the alliance that downed VT, only Waffles and Nurse have posted in this thread. Waffles posted a link to the video and said VT is the new CoE and Nurse addressed some things that Kali-EK said. Nowhere in there did either of them said "lol it's so easy anyone can do it".

On 6/16/2019 at 7:43 PM, Zombiex-DN said:

dont be silly coe was never a challenge, in any patch or version, the only challenge of VT is to look for 18 ppl with ultimate gear +15 in an empty server with nerfed stats

you obviously have never done CoE when it 1st released it was way more of a challenge like AoE used to be. At the last boss of CoE during the 1st phase there we multiple add spawns that had to be dealt with and during the 2nd phase the fear occurred every 30 seconds as opposed to every 60 seconds of the later nerf while the adds were completely removed. Never got to last stage to comment on that but I know very very few groups managed to beat original CoE.

18 hours ago, Doll-DN said:

Who exactly acted "snooty"? Out of the 18 people in the alliance that downed VT, only Waffles and Nurse have posted in this thread. Waffles posted a link to the video and said VT is the new CoE and Nurse addressed some things that Kali-EK said. Nowhere in there did either of them said "lol it's so easy anyone can do it".

I haven't watched the videos of DN-A tackling VT because I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague (I missed out on the hype for beating Tiamat and Beritra, I'm quite determined to experience my Ereshkigal battles to the fullest!) so I don't know who all was in the instance. I was mostly trying to address the common attitude people have towards both PvP and PvE endgame content ("I or So-And-So did X, so everyone can do X and if you haven't you're just bad/lazy/rubbish lol") and assumed people chiming in about how VT is no big deal were involved. Apologies since apparently they weren't! :P Basically just want everyone to give credit where it's due and play nice~

I think people want the pve items so they remodel their pvp ones and hence get the skill to their pvp gear. But I am not sure if this is indeed possible, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. We remodel our new items with pre-6.0 items and still get a skill on our weapons.

Remember FM was the absolute elite pve instance in 5.8 and it actually helped you get pvp oriented items.

Archived